GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (BarrettM), 274 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,594
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Question about IRAs #80038
11/15/04 02:35 AM
11/15/04 02:35 AM
Texas
R
Robert DeNiro Offline OP
Button
Robert DeNiro  Offline OP
R
Button
Texas
I dont know much about savings and IRAs and stuff. But is there an IRA in which if you contribute about $50/month, and you put in about 25 years, you would have about $850K at the end of the 25 years? If it is a $50 contribution per month, does the employer have to match that $50? Is that how the amount gets so high?

I'm an employer that has a small business and I'm looking to set things up for our employees for the long term.

Just wondering.

Fredo, you're my older brother and I love you, but dont ever take sides with anyone against the family again
Re: Question about IRAs #80039
11/15/04 02:53 AM
11/15/04 02:53 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
If you have a small business, (or even if one doesn't) I hope you're wise enough to have a financial advisor who also does your retirement and stocks and stuff... I'm sure if you gave him a call, he could explain that to you and walk you through it to make sure you do it right. Even if one of us here explains all that to you, it's still a very complicated thing that no one should do alone. Asking that question here won't save you any money, because you should get a stockbroker/advisor anyway, which, in the long run, would actually save you money and help you turn more of a profit, both in your investments and in your business. Seriously, people who handle their own money end up losing a lot of it, or they don't even realize how much more they could have had.

*This totally sounded like a commercial!!
"Brought to you by: AIG SunAmerica! Because no one should handle their money alone!"

Re: Question about IRAs #80040
11/15/04 08:48 PM
11/15/04 08:48 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert DeNiro:
I dont know much about savings and IRAs and stuff. But is there an IRA in which if you contribute about $50/month, and you put in about 25 years, you would have about $850K at the end of the 25 years? If it is a $50 contribution per month, does the employer have to match that $50? Is that how the amount gets so high?

I'm an employer that has a small business and I'm looking to set things up for our employees for the long term.

Just wondering.
If you are an employer with a small business, you must have an accountant, and you should definately speak to him/her in regards to the options that you may have in regards to setting up something for your employees.

As for the question regarding an IRA for an individual :

An Individual Retirement Account or IRA is an account that you can open up every year. This is a tax deductible contribution that allows you to save towards your retirement age and at the same time to give you the incentive to save, the government allows you to deduct the total amount of your contribution from your taxes for the year that you are making the contribution to the IRA account. Depending on your yearly income and if you have a retirement account in your place of work, you may be allowed to contribute and deduct up to $3000 for that contribution. There are many options that you can choose to invest your IRA monies into. Your best bet is to go to a bank and ask to speak to an investment officer. He or she will answer your questions , tell you what amounts you may be allowed to contribute and deduct, and will explain to you the different types of investments that you can choose from to invest your IRA monies in. I suggest a bank because this way you will get a fair explaination of options. If you immedeatly go to a private financial advisor wihtout knowing the answers to the basic questions, that person is obviously going to try and get you to invest your IRA in his or her company's options. A bank will give you the general idea explaining the low to high risk investments. The private financial advisor is basically working on commissions and he or she will try to persuade you to invest your monies in certain mutual funds, etc. that they will potentially make more commissions on than others. I am not saying that private financial advisors are not trustworthy, but like anything else, there are some bad apples out there who won't really be looking out for your interests. That is why I advise that you sit with a Bank's financial officer, so that you can get somewhat of an education regarding the options that you have. Then you can carefully search out a financial advisor. Good luck!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull