GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 206 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,817
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,400
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,425
Posts1,060,726
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews #1022362
10/25/21 05:54 AM
10/25/21 05:54 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
"Since its inception members of the American Mafia hung out at social clubs owned by friends or associates. Places with names like The Ravenite, The Triangle Social Club or The Gemini Lounge. Mob buff Charlie Yates has compiled an app and map listing almost every known mob social club in the New York area. “Modern technology can actually put you in front of places you've only read about in books.”

Mob social clubs have been around for as long as wiseguys wanted to get together to shoot the shit without cops looking over their shoulders. Here they could relax, have a drink, plan a crime or -if the opportunity presented itself- shoot a friend of theirs in the head.

But with the mob’s decline, the social clubs are beginning to disappear. Even those spots once used as base of operations by powerful bosses like John Gotti and Vincent Gigante have been shut down and remodeled into trendy shops where nothing reminds one of the location’s shady history.

To help us find these almost forgotten historic places mob researcher Charlie Yates has tracked down many of the mob social clubs in New York and listed them on Google Maps in his Ultimate New York Mob Social Clubs and Hangout Map. “I really got started with my research because I have never been to New York City,” Yates tells Gangsters Inc. “Google Maps and Street view were a godsend. The advancement of technology can actually put you in front of places you've only read about in books."

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?msa=0&ie=UTF&mid=zZMH9YIrn4aE.kkWclfrLdsds

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022370
10/25/21 04:24 PM
10/25/21 04:24 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Mob social clubs are the greatest gift to law enforcement since RICO.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022373
10/25/21 04:50 PM
10/25/21 04:50 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
I was just live with Jimmy Calandra but he kicked me off because I wouldn't face time him, lmao. I'm kind of scary looking and I ain't ready for prime time just yet. lol lol lol

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022396
10/25/21 10:32 PM
10/25/21 10:32 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by CNote
I was just live with Jimmy Calandra but he kicked me off because I wouldn't face time him, lmao. I'm kind of scary looking and I ain't ready for prime time just yet. lol lol lol

Does he make everyone face time him, or only those who give him tough questions? Maybe you were too tough for him with your questions, He has so little to offer. He has been telling the same stories for years, and was young when he ratted, so he does not have much to offer. He also was never made or proposed. He may start saying he was soon,

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: jace] #1022408
10/25/21 11:19 PM
10/25/21 11:19 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Originally Posted by jace

Does he make everyone face time him, or only those who give him tough questions? Maybe you were too tough for him with your questions, He has so little to offer. He has been telling the same stories for years, and was young when he ratted, so he does not have much to offer. He also was never made or proposed. He may start saying he was soon,

He posts a link to go live and you join him in a chat room but I think he only let's people in that he can see on camera because of trolls. I didn't get to ask him any questions, I was kind of blown away that I was interacting with him.

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022415
10/25/21 11:38 PM
10/25/21 11:38 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
Jimmy refuses to mention which bank he robbed that sent him to Lewisburg and how he got caught. It wasnt the staten island mall, it was another but he refuses to mention it. Its very strange.

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: Lenox] #1022417
10/25/21 11:40 PM
10/25/21 11:40 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Lenox
Jimmy refuses to mention which bank he robbed that sent him to Lewisburg and how he got caught. It wasnt the staten island mall, it was another but he refuses to mention it. Its very strange.

That is weird. He already has a deal, I wonder why he refuses to say which spot it was. It had to be in his old indictments if they are online.

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022425
10/26/21 04:53 AM
10/26/21 04:53 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
"Since its inception members of the American Mafia hung out at social clubs owned by friends or associates. Places with names like The Ravenite, The Triangle Social Club or The Gemini Lounge. Mob buff Charlie Yates has compiled an app and map listing almost every known mob social club in the New York area. “Modern technology can actually put you in front of places you've only read about in books.”

Mob social clubs have been around for as long as wiseguys wanted to get together to shoot the shit without cops looking over their shoulders. Here they could relax, have a drink, plan a crime or -if the opportunity presented itself- shoot a friend of theirs in the head.

But with the mob’s decline, the social clubs are beginning to disappear. Even those spots once used as base of operations by powerful bosses like John Gotti and Vincent Gigante have been shut down and remodeled into trendy shops where nothing reminds one of the location’s shady history.

To help us find these almost forgotten historic places mob researcher Charlie Yates has tracked down many of the mob social clubs in New York and listed them on Google Maps in his Ultimate New York Mob Social Clubs and Hangout Map. “I really got started with my research because I have never been to New York City,” Yates tells Gangsters Inc. “Google Maps and Street view were a godsend. The advancement of technology can actually put you in front of places you've only read about in books."

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?msa=0&ie=UTF&mid=zZMH9YIrn4aE.kkWclfrLdsds

I spent over 10 years researching and documenting these locations. They weren't supposed to mention my name but as long as someone gains knowledge from this I don't mind.it has well over a quarter million views to date. I haven't made 1 dollar of it and don't care. I just want people to know the locations of wiseguy hangouts

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022427
10/26/21 05:22 AM
10/26/21 05:22 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss

He posts a link to go live and you join him in a chat room but I think he only let's people in that he can see on camera because of trolls. I didn't get to ask him any questions, I was kind of blown away that I was interacting with him.

You were blown away that you were interacting with him? The guy was a nobody in that life lol

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: jace] #1022428
10/26/21 05:25 AM
10/26/21 05:25 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Lenox

That is weird. He already has a deal, I wonder why he refuses to say which spot it was. It had to be in his old indictments if they are online.

He was a rat before he decided to testify. I don't get why people listen to him. He makes Hootie look like he was high-level lol

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022429
10/26/21 10:12 AM
10/26/21 10:12 AM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
He did do a 5 year fed bid in general population so Im guessing he stood up and didnt rat on that mysterious bank job.. But why wont he ever talk about that pinch. He freely talks about the state case where he beat a kid ( probably a weak kid) with an axe handle but never mentions the bank job that put him is lewisburg or how he got caught. I find it strange.

Last edited by Lenox; 10/26/21 10:12 AM.
Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: ColonelReb] #1022430
10/26/21 10:48 AM
10/26/21 10:48 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Originally Posted by ColonelReb

I spent over 10 years researching and documenting these locations. They weren't supposed to mention my name but as long as someone gains knowledge from this I don't mind.it has well over a quarter million views to date. I haven't made 1 dollar of it and don't care. I just want people to know the locations of wiseguy hangouts

You're Charlie Yates?

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #1022431
10/26/21 11:00 AM
10/26/21 11:00 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto

You were blown away that you were interacting with him? The guy was a nobody in that life lol

Lmao, I get what you're saying. I'm conflicted because he interacted with Nino Gaggi, even if only to shovel his driveway. That's pretty cool but at the same time, you're right he is a punk and I used to break my knuckles busting fucker's heads like his wide open back in the day in Queens.

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022444
10/26/21 07:37 PM
10/26/21 07:37 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
ColenelReb are you planning to keep updating the map? You did a great job on it, congratulations.

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022455
10/27/21 04:57 AM
10/27/21 04:57 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss

You're Charlie Yates?

I'm a dedicated mob researcher for 25 plus years. Real names aren't important unless you're a selfish fuck trying to make money off of it. Real knowledge for everyone who loves this genre is the most important thing .

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: jace] #1022456
10/27/21 04:59 AM
10/27/21 04:59 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
ColenelReb are you planning to keep updating the map? You did a great job on it, congratulations.

I try to update it on a weekly basis although sometimes it is months before I can verify a new location. I have over 300 so far so it's slim pickings right now.

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022460
10/27/21 08:12 AM
10/27/21 08:12 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Not for nothing but Midnight Rose's Candy Store at the intersection of Saratoga and Livonia Avenues in Brownsville, Brooklyn isn't on the map. Maybe it was left ioff ntentionally but I think qualifies, in my humble opinion.

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: ColonelReb] #1022462
10/27/21 08:43 AM
10/27/21 08:43 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305

You're Charlie Yates?

I'm a dedicated mob researcher for 25 plus years. Real names aren't important unless you're a selfish fuck trying to make money off of it. Real knowledge for everyone who loves this genre is the most important thing .

Your 'umility touches my Brooklynite heart but let me further embarrass you by posting the accompanying article speaking accolades for your amazing map. I keep it open permanently on my browser for reference, thanks for your hard work.
Here's the article.
'By David Amoruso

To help us find these almost forgotten historic places mob researcher Charlie Yates has tracked down many of the mob social clubs in New York and listed them on Google Maps in his Ultimate New York Mob Social Clubs and Hangout Map. “I really got started with my research because I have never been to New York City,” Yates tells Gangsters Inc. “Google Maps and Street view were a godsend. The advancement of technology can actually put you in front of places you've only read about in books.”

Living in Mississippi may have prevented Yates from physically visiting the places he has researched, it did nothing to hinder his quest for information about the Mafia. “When I was 10 years old I saw the movie Goodfellas for the first time and that was it. I've been hooked on organized crime since that day 24 years ago. I went out and bought every book I could find on the mob starting with Murder Machine by Jerry Capeci.”

After going through his books in record time Yates moved on to FBI files, articles, he even got a paid subscription to the New York Times just so he can access its archive to find old news articles about the Mafia. But above all there were some people and places he really wants to thank. “I would especially like to thank Angela Clemente. Without her help on the Greg Scarpa files there would be many places on the map that I never would have been able to locate. The Mary Ferrell site was also a tremendous help. Also the archives of the Real Deal Forum and Gangsters Inc. were a treasure trove of great locations of former, and some current, mob hangouts.”

Besides the now-released Ultimate New York Mob Social Clubs and Hangout Map on Google, Yates has compiled all of his information into a soon-to-be-released mobile phone app called the Ultimate Mob Hangout. Yates: “It will feature ten times as many historical and genuine mob hangouts from around the United States. The app won't be stuffed with the personal homes of mobsters that other apps use as useless filler information. To me, homes are a personal thing. It's were these guys’ families grew up so I could never cross that line. Families are off limits and honestly, half these guys gave false addresses that went into the papers anyways. I've focused mainly on social clubs, bars, party clubs, etc.”

Yates’ cause is plain and simple. “The Social Club Map will allow others to get a glimpse into the history and hangouts of Cosa Nostra in all the five boroughs of New York City,” he says proudly.

“Hopefully,” he adds, “One day I will be in a position to visit the Big Apple and see the sites in the flesh myself.”

Charlies Yates could still use some help from our readers.

“There are a few finishing touches I have to put on the app before I release it. For example, I know Dick Fusco had a social club at 65th street and 11th avenue. I don't have the address so I left it out of the map. I know Patty “from the Bronx” DeFillippo had a Bronx club called the Aquarius Social Club on Waterbury Avenue, I don't have an exact address."

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022466
10/27/21 11:58 AM
10/27/21 11:58 AM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
This is great work CNOTE, thanks. Back in the mid 90's the NY Daily News ran a series called "Mob 2000". Different articles about the future of the mob in the new century. One of the days there was a centerfold layout of NY and NJ. They listed all the (then current) social clubs in NYC and Newark by family. I didn't keep a copy of it and haven't been able to find it anywhere either. Does anyone else recall this? And if so, if you have a copy of it post it. Thanks!

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022468
10/27/21 12:12 PM
10/27/21 12:12 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
What about the Alto Knights Social Club? That was a Genovese hangout. I like how all the Families had their own clubs.

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: DillyDolly] #1022476
10/27/21 02:10 PM
10/27/21 02:10 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Originally Posted by DillyDolly
What about the Alto Knights Social Club? That was a Genovese hangout. I like how all the Families had their own clubs.

Alto Knights is on there, on Mulberry St a few blocks down from the Ravenite.

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: majicrat] #1022477
10/27/21 02:11 PM
10/27/21 02:11 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Originally Posted by majicrat
This is great work CNOTE, thanks. Back in the mid 90's the NY Daily News ran a series called "Mob 2000". Different articles about the future of the mob in the new century. One of the days there was a centerfold layout of NY and NJ. They listed all the (then current) social clubs in NYC and Newark by family. I didn't keep a copy of it and haven't been able to find it anywhere either. Does anyone else recall this? And if so, if you have a copy of it post it. Thanks!

Not my map, Boss. ColonelReb deserves credit for his diligent work.

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022479
10/27/21 03:24 PM
10/27/21 03:24 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
My mistake, great work ColonelReb

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022510
10/28/21 12:34 AM
10/28/21 12:34 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Not for nothing but Midnight Rose's Candy Store at the intersection of Saratoga and Livonia Avenues in Brownsville, Brooklyn isn't on the map. Maybe it was left ioff ntentionally but I think qualifies, in my humble opinion.

At 73-79 Livonia. I mainly based my map on the 1950s to present day. Also it was more of a Jew mob Hangout. I'll add it to the map if you think it is Relevant

Last edited by ColonelReb; 10/28/21 12:41 AM.
Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1022511
10/28/21 12:46 AM
10/28/21 12:46 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
That article was like 6 years ago. I've since found the Aquarius Social Club ran by Patty DeFillipo ( no thanks to you PizzaBoy you cocksucker) and the social club ran by Papa Dick Fusco. They're both updated on the map. I've tried to reach out several times to these new MobTube guys for locations on social clubs but they don't care unless there is money involved. Their selfish ways are ingrained on their DNA

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: ColonelReb] #1022523
10/28/21 07:04 AM
10/28/21 07:04 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305

At 73-79 Livonia. I mainly based my map on the 1950s to present day. Also it was more of a Jew mob Hangout. I'll add it to the map if you think it is Relevant

I agree it's a borderline club because of the period and ethnicity besides who the hell am I to tell you what to put in your map. You did a helluva job and you got the clubs in Carroll Gardens where I lived down pat.
On a side note I'm arranging lunch with Rocco and Pete in Miami Beach in January and Quentin Walker and NYC Crime Spot podcast are interested in showing up.

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1026720
12/30/21 07:19 PM
12/30/21 07:19 PM
Georgia USA
DeepSouth Offline
Associate
DeepSouth  Offline
Associate
Georgia USA

Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: CNote] #1026765
12/31/21 03:42 AM
12/31/21 03:42 AM
GangstersInc Offline
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline
Underboss

Would apreciate it if you'd simply use the link to the article: New map shows mob social clubs in New York https://gangstersinc.org/profiles/blogs/new-map-shows-mob-social-clubs-in-new-york Thanks!

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Re: Social Clubs & Lounges Google map w/streetviews [Re: GangstersInc] #1026777
12/31/21 08:35 AM
12/31/21 08:35 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline OP
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Originally Posted by GangstersInc

Would apreciate it if you'd simply use the link to the article: New map shows mob social clubs in New York https://gangstersinc.org/profiles/blogs/new-map-shows-mob-social-clubs-in-new-york Thanks!

My link goes to the map, if you want me to help promote your website you gotta bring me in for a piece of the action.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull