GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ben54, 1 invisible), 267 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,017
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,303
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How do mobsters in Italy view American mobsters? #1021101
10/03/21 12:03 AM
10/03/21 12:03 AM
D
DillyDolly Offline OP
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline OP
D
Underboss
How do you think mobsters in Italy view today's LCN figures? Do you think they laugh at them?

Re: How do mobsters in Italy view American mobsters? [Re: DillyDolly] #1021123
10/03/21 11:52 AM
10/03/21 11:52 AM
Calabria
C
CalabrianWatcher Offline
Made Member
CalabrianWatcher  Offline
C
Made Member
Calabria
There are some interesting interceptions of people in Calabria speaking about the Americans. - they mostly mean Canadians, and some also from the Sicilians speaking about relatives in the USA. It's fascinating as they either think they are unreachable villains (in the latest case relating to Cali from Sicily for example), or they think they don't know how to handle very basic business (for example in the Calabrian Canadian connection operation)

Re: How do mobsters in Italy view American mobsters? [Re: CalabrianWatcher] #1021125
10/03/21 12:15 PM
10/03/21 12:15 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline OP
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline OP
D
Underboss
Great insight, I was thinking more along the lines of how they conduct themselves. I don't think Mafia protocol and values mean anything in America anymore, like utmost loyalty to the boss, how you have to go through several layers to ever get the chance to talk to the boss (if you ever do), they're not Cosa Nostra as Neil Dellacroce would say lol. Like the fat rat from Philadelphia Ron Previte remarked that he never would've gotten close to an old-school don like Angelo Bruno the way he did with Joey Merlino and Ralph Natale. Then again Donnie Brasco met face-to-face with Milwaukee boss Frank Balistrieri and Tampa boss Santo Trafficante, though not long enough to record long conversations with them I don't believe. I would think that so-called Mafia etiquette and protocol is more strictly adhered to over there. But when it comes to Mafiosi in Canada I think they're more like Italy than American Mafia, or what's become of it these days.

Last edited by DillyDolly; 10/03/21 12:39 PM.
Re: How do mobsters in Italy view American mobsters? [Re: DillyDolly] #1021185
10/04/21 10:50 AM
10/04/21 10:50 AM
Providence, RI
T
The_Marble_Guy Offline
Capo
The_Marble_Guy  Offline
T
Capo
Providence, RI
Originally Posted by DillyDolly
Great insight, I was thinking more along the lines of how they conduct themselves. I don't think Mafia protocol and values mean anything in America anymore, like utmost loyalty to the boss, how you have to go through several layers to ever get the chance to talk to the boss (if you ever do), they're not Cosa Nostra as Neil Dellacroce would say lol. Like the fat rat from Philadelphia Ron Previte remarked that he never would've gotten close to an old-school don like Angelo Bruno the way he did with Joey Merlino and Ralph Natale. Then again Donnie Brasco met face-to-face with Milwaukee boss Frank Balistrieri and Tampa boss Santo Trafficante, though not long enough to record long conversations with them I don't believe. I would think that so-called Mafia etiquette and protocol is more strictly adhered to over there. But when it comes to Mafiosi in Canada I think they're more like Italy than American Mafia, or what's become of it these days.

IMO I think the Italians think of America as a bigger playground that they can infiltrate to make more money. So when it comes to how they view American mob guys, my guess is they look at them as being the facilitators for them to maybe setup shop in this country. And then throwing them a service fee for whatever they earn. Modern day Cosa Nostra is vastly different than any of the organizations in Italy. One big difference I see alot is how Cosa Nostra guys traditionally stress a " hands off " approach towards family of guys in the life. Where as in Italy, they have a much more cartel mentality, where they'll kill everyone to get to you or draw you out to them. When it comes to bosses I can't imagine many street level guys in Italy have anywhere near the access guys over here, not to mention associates. Canada is without a doubt is much more skewed in the ways of Italy then anything close to Cosa Nostra. Yes there is some crossover between the Americans the guys up North, but Canada is almost an imitation of Italy just on a different continent.

" If you're going to be bad, be good at it "

Jerry Tillinghast
Re: How do mobsters in Italy view American mobsters? [Re: DillyDolly] #1021309
10/06/21 10:57 PM
10/06/21 10:57 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
I think they look at them as jokes...They allow rats to walk around publicly embarrassing them in their own cities..A supposed boss like Junior Gotti naming names, and gets to live happily ever after..

Reading the paper today some mob kid sent a union official a text message threatening him which was easily traced...I mean come on, even the black gangs aren't that stupid !!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull