GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 281 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,881
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,580
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
It's been debunked, Persico was NO Rat. Period! #1018629
08/22/21 12:18 PM
08/22/21 12:18 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Here is an editorial (as well as the fact sheets and proof) that my partner Lisa, aka "Mafia Student," just posted up on TNYM and across the internet to clear the air (and Carmine's name about the false wire put on him).

I think the more logical posters here on GBB will appreciate and concur with her thoughts (and mine)

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/2021/08/22/carmine-persico-is-not-a-rat-end-of-story/

She totally debunked the false accusation that he was an informer.

He may have been a hoodlum. And a top one at that....but he was NO rat!

Lisa wrote a great piece on it. And I think she deserves a compliment for her efforts.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/27/21 08:28 AM.
Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018636
08/22/21 01:30 PM
08/22/21 01:30 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Maybe not but he was a snake though 😂

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: JCrusher] #1018638
08/22/21 01:41 PM
08/22/21 01:41 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by JCrusher
Maybe not but he was a snake though 😂

That he was. lol

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018640
08/22/21 01:52 PM
08/22/21 01:52 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Here is an editorial (as well as the fact sheets and proof) that my partner Lisa, aka "Mafia Student," just posted up on TNYM and across the internet to clear the air (and Carmine's name about the false wire put on him).

I think the more logical posters here on GBB will appreciate and concur with her thoughts (and mine)

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/2021/08/22/carmine-persico-is-not-a-rat-end-of-story/

Lisa wrote a great piece on it. And I think she deserves a compliment for her efforts.

I'm glad you two are back and Lord knows, some of "us" need a little polishing ;-) She helps you shine bright :-)
Hard to believe that I enjoy learning about guys I never heard of. Hey, I'm just a small city kinda' guy.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #1018642
08/22/21 01:57 PM
08/22/21 01:57 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry

I'm glad you two are back and Lord knows, some of "us" need a little polishing ;-) She helps you shine bright :-)
Hard to believe that I enjoy learning about guys I never heard of. Hey, I'm just a small city kinda' guy.

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm sure Lisa appreciates it as well. And know what? Learning about the mob is a fun pastime for those of us who enjoy that sort of thing. So why not enjoy it all, right? I agree with you FOH

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018645
08/22/21 02:06 PM
08/22/21 02:06 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm sure Lisa appreciates it as well. And know what? Learning about the mob is a fun pastime for those of us who enjoy that sort of thing. So why not enjoy it all, right? I agree with you FOH

. You’re a good poster NYMafia. Although I don’t respect any mobster and we may not always agree I find you pretty objective. Ive always found different types of history interesting any news info is appreciated

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: JCrusher] #1018649
08/22/21 02:33 PM
08/22/21 02:33 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by JCrusher

. You’re a good poster NYMafia. Although I don’t respect any mobster and we may not always agree I find you pretty objective. Ive always found different types of history interesting any news info is appreciated

Thank you for your even handed evaluation of me. And yes we might not always agree, but I try and respect everyone else's feelings on various subjects, just so long as they don't try and attack me for my views.

It's fine to think differently. Thats what makes the world go round right?

Disagree, by keep it friendly and gentlemanly. Makes sense right?

I do try and be objective on things. But we're all only human, and all of us are prone to mistakes now and again.

Thanks for your kind comments. And its nice to chat with a gentleman such as yourself

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/22/21 02:35 PM.
Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018676
08/22/21 05:46 PM
08/22/21 05:46 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
NYM,while we're on the subject,count me in as a fan as well. The effort you guys put into providing content is greatly appreciated. Every time I check your website, I find another interesting tidbit. Add that to your videos,and of course (as I have mentioned before) your quizzes,and I think most of us would agree that you've gone a long way in invigorating this board,and keeping it fun and interesting. Grazie Mille !!

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: Lou_Para] #1018681
08/22/21 06:11 PM
08/22/21 06:11 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Lou_Para
NYM,while we're on the subject,count me in as a fan as well. The effort you guys put into providing content is greatly appreciated. Every time I check your website, I find another interesting tidbit. Add that to your videos,and of course (as I have mentioned before) your quizzes,and I think most of us would agree that you've gone a long way in invigorating this board,and keeping it fun and interesting. Grazie Mille !!

I wanna thank you for that Lou. After dealing with a few of the idiots on the board, its very refreshing to interact with an intelligent person such as yourself.

Whats that old adage, "Common sense is not so common after all" Lol

Our pleasant conversation between us is a breath of fresh air, believe me my friend.

Lisa and I are very glad that you enjoy our stuff. It's why we do what we do in the first place.

And 'Grazie Tanti' to you and yours!

We are in the planning stages of a few new videos and stories that I really think you're gonna enjoy.

Good night and thank you again for your thoughts.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018700
08/22/21 06:48 PM
08/22/21 06:48 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018739
08/23/21 09:31 AM
08/23/21 09:31 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

So its been well debunked now that Carmine Persico was NOT a rat after all is said and done.

Lisa and I were among the very first (if not the first) to go public and debunk the phony NYDaily News story that Carmine Persico was a rat.

We posted, wrote, and declared our positions across the internet, our website, Instagram, Facebook, Mob Fireside Chat, other chat rooms, etc., to all who were willing to hear us about this Persico informant issue. It was careless and baseless journalism at its best by a major daily periodical who should have known better.

It just goes to show folks, that you cannot believe everything we read or hear. The power of deduction must be put into play to properly vet the real, from the unreal. The true from the false.

Let that be a lesson to us all.

Carmine (The Snake) Persico was a lot of things. Many of them very bad things. And I don't imagine he'll be winning the Nobel Peace Prize anytime soon. Lol.....But he was not an informer!

PS: I just scanned a few of the other mob sites and I see that they still have up their original false stories of him turning. They have failed to correct their stories. I suspect that is so because of two reasons. They are not all that familiar with understanding how FBI documents read, and the meaning behind them. And number two, because a headline reading Persico was a potential rat is a lot more interesting to their readers than admitting that he wasn't one. And that they were dead wrong!

So just read between the lines of what I just wrote. Because that alone speaks volumes.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/23/21 09:52 AM.
Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018741
08/23/21 11:03 AM
08/23/21 11:03 AM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
Well I guess that settles that! For now. Nice job.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: majicrat] #1018742
08/23/21 11:07 AM
08/23/21 11:07 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by majicrat
Well I guess that settles that! For now. Nice job.

Lol. Yes, its "settled"... for now as you say. lol

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018746
08/23/21 12:28 PM
08/23/21 12:28 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
I wasn't being sarcastic. I see it settled for now, but who knows what will come in the future and prove differently. Nothing ever surprises me anymore.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: majicrat] #1018748
08/23/21 12:46 PM
08/23/21 12:46 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by majicrat
I wasn't being sarcastic. I see it settled for now, but who knows what will come in the future and prove differently. Nothing ever surprises me anymore.

I realize how you meant it. And I was agreeing with you. Because even when things get settled, as you said it stays that way until, and unless, something new pops up to start a controversy again.

I'm with you on that.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018766
08/23/21 10:42 PM
08/23/21 10:42 PM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
So that leads us to the real question. Is Larry McShane that big of an idiot? Did he get suckered in by Orena's lawyers and not check the facts first? Or did he get paid off to plant that article?

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: ColonelReb] #1018789
08/24/21 06:23 AM
08/24/21 06:23 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by ColonelReb
So that leads us to the real question. Is Larry McShane that big of an idiot? Did he get suckered in by Orena's lawyers and not check the facts first? Or did he get paid off to plant that article?

Good question.

I'd think his reputation would be on the line. But as an old guy who is about to retire (I don't think he's a kid, he's been around a long time) he may not give a fuck and did a favor.

Either that, or he's the worst fucking reporter in recent decades. How do you NOT vet (a front-page headline) no less that is as explosive as that. Calling a mob boss a rat when he isn't one.

If Junior was still on the streets, this is the type of jerk off that would get baseball batted one evening. Junior would take this VERY personally I assure you!

Completely irresponsible journalism.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018799
08/24/21 01:24 PM
08/24/21 01:24 PM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
This guy really should publish some sort of a correction.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018861
08/25/21 08:16 PM
08/25/21 08:16 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
The fake news NY Daily news, struggling for viewers have resorted to click baiting !!

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018868
08/26/21 04:09 AM
08/26/21 04:09 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
NY Mafia & Lisa;

CONGRATS!!!!

Looks like your work was cited in GANGLAND NEWS.

Anyone can say what they want about Capeci, he is a
n O.G. when it comes to O.C.

He was the first and still has the best weekly column on the net as far as I am concerned.

Not to mention he ate J.P. for breakfast.

J.P. found GOD again after a squabble with Capeci, he is on the peace be with you.

His move was a straight PUSSY MOVE, he came at Capeci, hard more than a few times.

When Capeci, fired back that was it for J.P.

He was out maneuvered and out classed by the O.G.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018869
08/26/21 04:42 AM
08/26/21 04:42 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss

Good question.

I'd think his reputation would be on the line. But as an old guy who is about to retire (I don't think he's a kid, he's been around a long time) he may not give a fuck and did a favor.

Either that, or he's the worst fucking reporter in recent decades. How do you NOT vet (a front-page headline) no less that is as explosive as that. Calling a mob boss a rat when he isn't one.

If Junior was still on the streets, this is the type of jerk off that would get baseball batted one evening. Junior would take this VERY personally I assure you!

Junior would probably have that done to McShane but you don't touch cops , reporters, or lawyers unless they are in over their heads. Junior has stepped over that line because he's been mainly in jail since 71 and has nothing to lose. He was selfish and he brought the rest of the family down with him including his son who is doing life. Junior was a true gangster but he was dumb as shit. All balls and no brains at all.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: ColonelReb] #1018880
08/26/21 05:35 AM
08/26/21 05:35 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Good question.

Junior would probably have that done to McShane but you don't touch cops , reporters, or lawyers unless they are in over their heads. Junior has stepped over that line because he's been mainly in jail since 71 and has nothing to lose. He was selfish and he brought the rest of the family down with him including his son who is doing life. Junior was a true gangster but he was dumb as shit. All balls and no brains at all.

I 1000% agree with you on that. Extremely ballsy, but he completely fucked up that borgata and got a ton of guys hurt in the process over the years. Its a damn shame what he almost singlehandedly did to that crew.

Thats one of the main reasons why on more than one occasion guys looked to overthrow him. But he was a tough fuck, you gotta give me that much!

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018882
08/26/21 05:52 AM
08/26/21 05:52 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss

Good question.

I 1000% agree with you on that. Extremely ballsy, but he completely fucked up that borgata and got a ton of guys hurt in the process over the years. Its a damn shame what he almost singlehandedly did to that crew.

Thats one of the main reasons why on more than one occasion guys looked to overthrow him. But he was a tough fuck, you gotta give me that much!

On that matter I also agree 100%. Junior was tough and had a deep crew. If it were t for Scarpa and the Feds the war would have turned out differently. But God damn the Orena faction outnumbered them 100 to 30. Even with help from the Feds they should have won. If I was Orena I would have put Waverly and Cutulo in charge ofmy hit crews. I would have put Waverly in charge of the Hit on Scarpa in 91.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018883
08/26/21 06:28 AM
08/26/21 06:28 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Billy and Joe Waverly were heading work crews. So was Patty Amato and others for Vic. For that matter you had Joe Scopo and Vic Jr. also heading up work crews, and guys from other crews were "blended" into those particular crews to strengthen them and to work together.

But it didn't matter. Although outnumbered 4 to 1 the other side still outlasted them.

All it did was provide ammunition for the feds to destroy everybody on both sides.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/26/21 02:02 PM.
Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018888
08/26/21 07:26 AM
08/26/21 07:26 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Billy and Joe Waverly were heading work crews. So was Patty Amato and others for Vic. For that matter you had Joe Scopo and Vic Jr. also heading up work crews, and guys from other crews were "blended" into those particular crews to strengthen them and to work together.cool

But it didn't matter. Although outnumbered 4 to 1 the other side still outlasted them.

All it did was provide ammunition for the feds to destroy the entire everybody on both sides.

Cool. Who was in Joe Waverly's work crew and what targets did they attempt to hit?

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018890
08/26/21 09:18 AM
08/26/21 09:18 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Check out this week's GLN. NYMafia made headlines :-)

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018891
08/26/21 09:41 AM
08/26/21 09:41 AM
Cleveland
Raven Offline
Made Member
Raven  Offline
Made Member
Cleveland
NYMAFIA serious question, not a dig. Does it sting to be referred to as “the other guy”. He referenced you but I would be annoyed not get credit by my name.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: BensonHURST] #1018897
08/26/21 01:50 PM
08/26/21 01:50 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
NY Mafia & Lisa;

CONGRATS!!!!

Looks like your work was cited in GANGLAND NEWS.

Anyone can say what they want about Capeci, he is a
n O.G. when it comes to O.C.

He was the first and still has the best weekly column on the net as far as I am concerned.

Not to mention he ate J.P. for breakfast.

J.P. found GOD again after a squabble with Capeci, he is on the peace be with you.

His move was a straight PUSSY MOVE, he came at Capeci, hard more than a few times.

When Capeci, fired back that was it for J.P.

He was out maneuvered and out classed by the O.G.

Thank you for the sincere congratulations you extended to us Bensonhurst. Yes, it was a nice thing Jerry did in recognizing our investigative work and acknowledging our NYMafia website.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/26/21 02:03 PM.
Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #1018898
08/26/21 01:52 PM
08/26/21 01:52 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Check out this week's GLN. NYMafia made headlines :-)

Thank you for that shoutout FOH.... Lisa and I appreciate you mentioning that.

I can tell you're happy for the recognition we received from Jerry Capeci in his Gangland column. As we both know his column is widely read by mob aficionados so it was a nice thing he recognized our website and mentioned Lisa and I ("The Other Guy"). One things for sure it can't hurt right?

I'm glad that you enjoyed the article we put out there for you.

Lisa and I have a few more real nice pieces coming out in the next day or two. The Colombo-Gallo Wars - Part II, and a biography on a tough little Colombo hood who was one of my personal favorites. Talk to you soon

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/27/21 08:05 AM.
Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! [Re: NYMafia] #1018956
08/27/21 08:30 AM
08/27/21 08:30 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Well folks, that settles it then I guess. The truth finally comes out.

The NYDailyNews, and all those other media organizations, bloggers, podcasters, and haters who were so quick to jump on the 'condemn Junior wagon' as a rat have been muzzled.

The evidence (or lack thereof) spoke volumes. And in this case proved there were 'zero' basis for making that terrible accusation against him to begin with.

...Carmine (The Snake) Persico was many bad things. But he was no rat or informant!

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/27/21 08:56 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull