GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 382 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,980
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,091
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The US Mafia and other oc groups? #1018256
08/19/21 03:17 PM
08/19/21 03:17 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
Today the mob have strong partnership with other oc gruops like blacks,latinos ecc
In the operation Heat the Lucchese made bussiness with the Bloods,any other examples?

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018262
08/19/21 04:56 PM
08/19/21 04:56 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Any relationships that individual members or associates have with outside street groups such as the Bloods, Crips, etc., is penny-anty at best. Chump change in the scheme of things overall.

It is also a straight up embarrassment to CN that they would even stoop so low as to interact with any of these street urchins. It only goes to show (and prove) how far Cosa Nostra has dropped in quality and abilities, that they would even consider talking to such trash.

It's a sad day indeed for the Italian underworld.

Russians, Jewish mob guys, Irish, black bosses such as Knucky Johnson, etc., etc., ok! But gangbangers? Street gangs? WTF??

Its a sad day in gangland!

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018263
08/19/21 05:08 PM
08/19/21 05:08 PM
S
SimonChen Offline
Capo
SimonChen  Offline
S
Capo
There`s no honor among thieves, mobsters are the same kind of low life as the gang members. Also some "street gang" cells are relatively organized and should be categorized into the realm of OC, and LCN seems to only do business with those who are organized, average street gangs are still no value trash though.
Also LCN has been doing business with the Ndrangheta in NY for a long time, I remember one of the Genovese associates was killed in 2015 because of snitching on the Calarbians.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018280
08/19/21 07:27 PM
08/19/21 07:27 PM
B
Blackmobs Offline
Underboss
Blackmobs  Offline
B
Underboss
Seem like the US Mafia always worked with other crime groups. They worked with the jewish, irish, blacks and probably the chinese back in the days.

Now, crime groups are street gangs that became more than just small crook on the corners.
So I guess the US mafia is working with crips, bloods, latin kings, russians, chineses, dominicans and any crime groups that can make money.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018281
08/19/21 07:29 PM
08/19/21 07:29 PM
B
Blackmobs Offline
Underboss
Blackmobs  Offline
B
Underboss
Also, in some dirty buisness, the US mafia has no choice to work with other crime groups. Because in certain places in new york for exemple, the Mob can’t do nothing if they are not working with some crime groups

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: SimonChen] #1018288
08/19/21 07:53 PM
08/19/21 07:53 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by SimonChen
There`s no honor among thieves, mobsters are the same kind of low life as the gang members. Also some "street gang" cells are relatively organized and should be categorized into the realm of OC, and LCN seems to only do business with those who are organized, average street gangs are still no value trash though.
Also LCN has been doing business with the Ndrangheta in NY for a long time, I remember one of the Genovese associates was killed in 2015 because of snitching on the Calarbians.

N'drangheta IS mafia. they're just Calabrians. Camorra IS mafia. They're just Napolitani. Stidda IS mafia, they're just from Bari Cosa Nostra IS mafia, they're just Sicilians. The common denominator is that they are all Italian.

It's all basically the same.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: Blackmobs] #1018290
08/19/21 07:55 PM
08/19/21 07:55 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Blackmobs
Seem like the US Mafia always worked with other crime groups. They worked with the jewish, irish, blacks and probably the chinese back in the days.

Now, crime groups are street gangs that became more than just small crook on the corners.
So I guess the US mafia is working with crips, bloods, latin kings, russians, chineses, dominicans and any crime groups that can make money.

That part is true. But most of these street gangs are NOT organized to any degree that is recognized by LCN. There are a few groups I'd imagine, but even thats debatable.

The only place where that phenomena is true is Canada. It's a strange beast. But in the USA, there is still no such thing (at least 99% of the time).

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: Blackmobs] #1018291
08/19/21 07:56 PM
08/19/21 07:56 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Also, in some dirty buisness, the US mafia has no choice to work with other crime groups. Because in certain places in new york for exemple, the Mob can’t do nothing if they are not working with some crime groups

Why do you say that BM?

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018296
08/19/21 08:05 PM
08/19/21 08:05 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Depending on whether you believe Buffalo is a mob city/family or not, there’s evidence about their relationship with the Outlaw Motorcycle Club and it’s resurgence in Western NYC.

https://gangsterreport.com/the-ball...e-outlaws-mc-bringing-midwest-club-east/

Last edited by MolochioInduced; 08/19/21 08:06 PM. Reason: Grammar

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: NYMafia] #1018298
08/19/21 08:07 PM
08/19/21 08:07 PM
S
SimonChen Offline
Capo
SimonChen  Offline
S
Capo
Originally Posted by NYMafia

N'drangheta IS mafia. they're just Calabrians. Camorra IS mafia. They're just Napolitani. Stidda IS mafia, they're just from Bari Cosa Nostra IS mafia, they're just Sicilians. The common denominator is that they are all Italian.

They are all mafias but there`s LCN, an Americanized criminal tradition, and there`s Italian OC, Ndrangheta is old school mafia, LCN today is made up of Americanized gangsters with Italian surnames, except the zips.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: SimonChen] #1018300
08/19/21 08:32 PM
08/19/21 08:32 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

They are all mafias but there`s LCN, an Americanized criminal tradition, and there`s Italian OC, Ndrangheta is old school mafia, LCN today is made up of Americanized gangsters with Italian surnames, except the zips.

True. But at the end of the day, each day, they are simpatico with one another. In other words, when they look at each other they see themselves (or what is the "original" context or a variation of themselves). We are ALL Italian in other words. We are one. Even though they each have their own agenda.

They are all brothers. Whereas with any other group none of them look at others the way they do each other. Understand what I'm saying?

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018303
08/19/21 08:36 PM
08/19/21 08:36 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
I think getting involved with the Mafia in the U.S. would draw immediate attention to any outside group. The Columbians, Mexicans and others avoid them it seems.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018308
08/19/21 09:18 PM
08/19/21 09:18 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Yes the Americans are an offshoot of Cosa Nostra. But American mafia is like a melting pot.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: NYMafia] #1018309
08/19/21 09:19 PM
08/19/21 09:19 PM
B
Blackmobs Offline
Underboss
Blackmobs  Offline
B
Underboss

That part is true. But most of these street gangs are NOT organized to any degree that is recognized by LCN. There are a few groups I'd imagine, but even thats debatable.

The only place where that phenomena is true is Canada. It's a strange beast. But in the USA, there is still no such thing (at least 99% of the time).

I dont think the US is different than Canada. Sure the mob aint dealing with teens, but you have many street gangs in new york that have top players that became organized crime.
The US mafia is probably dealing with the top players from the Latin Kings, the UBN or other so called street gangs.
Also, many street gangs are in the show buisness, I guess they are dealing with mobsters.
Wu-tang is a rap group known to be associate with street gangs and the mob. Puff Daddy and bad boys records were link with Genovese Capo Andrew Campos.
Hip hop records are linked with many street gangs that have become organized crime. And those groups are linked with the mob sometime.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: NYMafia] #1018310
08/19/21 09:22 PM
08/19/21 09:22 PM
B
Blackmobs Offline
Underboss
Blackmobs  Offline
B
Underboss

Why do you say that BM?

I’m saying that because there are neighborhoods, that any crime groups must deal with the gangs in that area.
I dont think, that the mob is still heavily involved in the drug game in New York (maybe i’m wrong). But, the italian couldn’t move weight in place were there is a high population of african-american ou latinos without the cooperation with a gang from this area.

And, I guess its the same thing with lottery or any kind of criminal activities.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: Blackmobs] #1018314
08/19/21 09:36 PM
08/19/21 09:36 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Why do you say that BM?

I’m saying that because there are neighborhoods, that any crime groups must deal with the gangs in that area.
I dont think, that the mob is still heavily involved in the drug game in New York (maybe i’m wrong). But, the italian couldn’t move weight in place were there is a high population of african-american ou latinos without the cooperation with a gang from this area.

And, I guess its the same thing with lottery or any kind of criminal activities.

Street gangs have no idea of how to run a lottery. It's WAY too complex for them (more than that, there are no more lotteries. thats been taken over by the state). Moreover the mob deals in 'weight,' not dime bags of pot or heroin. So whether or not the mob was involved in drugs, in no way, shape, or form, would they ever need to deal with street sellers. They are always way above that level.

When we speak of Cosa Nostra, and then speak of street gangs in the same sentence, that like talking apples and oranges. Better yet, its like talking night and day. There is no comparison, correlation, or connection. 99.99999% of the time.

Its two different subjects. the only correlation is that they both break the law. But 99% of the time, its not even the same laws because they're into different activities. understand what I'm trying to say?

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/19/21 09:38 PM.
Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: NYMafia] #1018317
08/19/21 09:49 PM
08/19/21 09:49 PM
B
Blackmobs Offline
Underboss
Blackmobs  Offline
B
Underboss

Why do you say that BM?

Street gangs have no idea of how to run a lottery. It's WAY too complex for them (more than that, there are no more lotteries. thats been taken over by the state). Moreover the mob deals in 'weight,' not dime bags of pot or heroin. So whether or not the mob was involved in drugs, in no way, shape, or form, would they ever need to deal with street sellers. They are always way above that level.

When we speak of Cosa Nostra, and then speak of street gangs in the same sentence, that like talking apples and oranges. Better yet, its like talking night and day. There is no comparison, correlation, or connection. 99.99999% of the time.

Its two different subjects. the only correlation is that they both break the law. But 99% of the time, its not even the same laws because they're into different activities. understand what I'm trying to say?

I think you are seing the mafia more than what they are. Sur they are one of the most powerful group. But, in 2021, they are juste another group.
Also, african american were doing lottery since way long. Also, you got many street gangs that are from the caribbean, places were they were doing the lottery without the italians.
The mafia is not the movie Godfather and all street gangs are not like Menace 2 society

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018321
08/19/21 10:40 PM
08/19/21 10:40 PM
B
Blackmobs Offline
Underboss
Blackmobs  Offline
B
Underboss
Cubans have Bolita
In the haitian community you have Bolèt
And it is run by haitians. You have spots in Montreal. And I guess they have spots in new york or miami.
Its mostly older people who get involved in bolèt

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: Blackmobs] #1018322
08/19/21 10:54 PM
08/19/21 10:54 PM
S
SimonChen Offline
Capo
SimonChen  Offline
S
Capo
The thing is, street gangs are not really a collective entity. The activities of street gangs are incredibly individualized, they are a bunch of criminals who operate under a shared cultural identity, but there is usually no central controlling chamber nor collaboration among groups. Bllods, Crips, MS-13 and Latin Kings are just brands, anyone can identify themselves with one of these brands, and they don`t really have to do anything to become a part of the organization, because there`s no organization to begin with. Bloods cells fight each other all the time the only thing they have in common is their hatred towards Crips. So it doesn`t really make much sense to speak of them as if they are one group. Most of the MS-13 gangs in the US are operated within small circles, they are not the same. Some are sophisticated OC groups, some are your average street-corner drug dealers, it is simply misleading to say that they all did something or they all didn`t do something. I`m sure LCN has been working with some individuals in these gangs who hold valuable resources, but it doesn`t mean they have a mutual agreement with all these groups, most of the street gangs are of zero value to LCN, they wouldn`t bother to contact these small-time groups.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: SimonChen] #1018323
08/19/21 10:59 PM
08/19/21 10:59 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

The thing is, street gangs are not really a collective entity. The activities of street gangs are incredibly individualized, they are a bunch of criminals who operate under a shared cultural identity, but there is usually no central controlling chamber nor collaboration among groups. Bllods, Crips, MS-13 and Latin Kings are just brands, anyone can identify themselves with one of these brands, and they don`t really have to do anything to become a part of the organization, because there`s no organization to begin with. Bloods cells fight each other all the time the only thing they have in common is their hatred towards Crips. So it doesn`t really make much sense to speak of them as if they are one group. Most of the MS-13 gangs in the US are operated within small circles, they are not the same. Some are sophisticated OC groups, some are your average street-corner drug dealers, it is simply misleading to say that they all did something or they all didn`t do something. I`m sure LCN has been working with some individuals in these gangs who hold valuable resources, but it doesn`t mean they have a mutual agreement with all these groups, most of the street gangs are of zero value to LCN, they wouldn`t bother to contact these small-time groups.

Bingo! 1000%

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018324
08/19/21 11:08 PM
08/19/21 11:08 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

99.999999999% of ALL these street gangs are imbecile street thugs, one step above (or below) muggers and purse snatchers. They are a joke. They live in the "hood" have zero brains in their heads, have their pants hanging off their asses, and gold chains dragging them down to the floor.

They are SO FAR from even a low end associate that its actually a joke to even try and equate them with a mob associate or a 'made guy'

No disrespect intended. But are kidding me or what with this ridiculous conversation?

Most live in a ghetto tenement, drink and drug themselves up daily, sell drugs and carry around pistols to show their street 'cred' and do other lame brain things that even the stupidest mob guy would never ever do. He'd get chased so fast that it would make his head spin!!

And guys like Gene Borello (that rat) are so far from a mob 'associate' that don't even think he counts.

I'm talking 'real' wiseguys. Not mentally ill street urchins like him. He is NOT an example of the true mob.

Guys with colored handkerchiefs hanging out of their pockets. sporting gold teeth and pushing dope have ZERO value to any Italian mob guy (or crew) who operate in NYC, or elsewhere.

And THATS a fact.

There is NO comparison. And guess what? These Crips, Bloods, etc.?? They are the first to know it also.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/19/21 11:29 PM.
Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018325
08/19/21 11:27 PM
08/19/21 11:27 PM
L
Louiebynochi Offline
Banned
Louiebynochi  Offline
Banned
L
Underboss
Your average wiseguy is selling coke and weed to junkies or small time dealers...you average guy is selling a couple pounds of pot and maybe a quarter key every couple weeks...this isn’t the 1970s or 80s anymore...and high level guys that are making millions of dollars running the family aren’t gonna risk selling ANY drugs today...
Some of the street gang sets are millionaires....Eme and gangs like MS 13, the Avenues and White Fence are big time racketeers involved in street tax and drugs...

Last edited by Louiebynochi; 08/19/21 11:29 PM.

A March 1986 raid on DiBernardo's office seized alleged "child pornography and financial records." As "a result of the Postal Inspectors seizures [a federal prosecutor] is attempting to indict DiBernardo on child pornography violations" according to an FBI memo dated May 20, 1986.
Thousands of pages of FBI Files that document his involvement in Child Porn
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/star-distributors-ltd-46454/
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/0...s-Miporn-investigation-of/7758361252800/
https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/1526052/united-states-v-dibernardo/
Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: Louiebynochi] #1018331
08/19/21 11:40 PM
08/19/21 11:40 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
Your average wiseguy is selling coke and weed to junkies or small time dealers...you average guy is selling a couple pounds of pot and maybe a quarter key every couple weeks...this isn’t the 1970s or 80s anymore...and high level guys that are making millions of dollars running the family aren’t gonna risk selling ANY drugs today...

I do agree that the quality of rackets is no longer there anymore. But the average guy is still bookings and shylocking (something that street gangs do not do, and do not even know how to do). Some may sell drugs (but anyone with half a brain is not selling dime bags or $50 bags of coke). They sell more volume than that and on a higher level. Some are still involved in labor unions or related construction or labor schemes (again something that NO street gang even understands the complexity of, or is even exposed to). Many own solid legit businesses in the "main stream" of commerce (something that eludes 99% of street gang members who are lucky if they own a car). etc., etc.

Even the average (moderately successful) knockaround guy most likely owns a small home, or leases a decently nice apartment. He lives a much better lifestyle than a street thug who shares a 'crib' with 12 other street urchins. etc, etc.

How many gangbangers have stable homes with a wife and children waiting for them with dinner on the table?? Not many I assure you. Now compare that with even a lowly associate. The level of stability (even for the most unstable of mob guys) is still heads and shoulders above that of a ghetto gangbanger.

Why are we even debating this point? It isn't a hidden fact is it?

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018335
08/20/21 12:46 AM
08/20/21 12:46 AM
B
Blackmobs Offline
Underboss
Blackmobs  Offline
B
Underboss
First off, the thread is about the mafia working with other OC groups.
So we are not talking about low level street thugs.
Like we said, some street gangs or groups have become big and are organized crime.
Yes you have crips or bloods that are not at the level of the mob. And the mob will never work with them.
But you have gangs in the UBN, the Latin Kings etc .

that are OC and work with the mob. The mob always work with other crime groups in his history.

The rest is just you fantasizing about the mob.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018342
08/20/21 05:28 AM
08/20/21 05:28 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
The Genovese's Springfield crew had ties with Latin Kings,the Luccheses smuggled phones and drugs in NJ with the Bloods. Who knows in the other cities?

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: Blackmobs] #1018350
08/20/21 09:59 AM
08/20/21 09:59 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

First off, the thread is about the mafia working with other OC groups.
So we are not talking about low level street thugs.
Like we said, some street gangs or groups have become big and are organized crime.
Yes you have crips or bloods that are not at the level of the mob. And the mob will never work with them.
But you have gangs in the UBN, the Latin Kings etc .

that are OC and work with the mob. The mob always work with other crime groups in his history.

The rest is just you fantasizing about the mob.

--
First of all I don't fantasize about the mob as you stated. If anything I'm very pragmatic about the current sorry state of affairs of LCN and other groups, as is clearly evident from all the opinion articles I've written about that very subject.

But regardless of how poorly they are doing, and they are in sad shape, 'street gangs' are still so far in their rearview mirror that you can't even see them.

And I personally do not consider groups like the crips, bloods, etc., to even be 'organized crime' groups in the first place. They ARE street gangs. Period!

Colombian cartels, Mexican smuggling gangs, Chinese Triads, the Jewish mob under Lansky, the old Irish mobs under Hughie Mulligan, etc., Russian mafia, Japanese Yakuza, French gangs out of Marseille who ran "The French Connection," the Corsican mafia, the mob under Enoch 'Knucky' Johnson, black drug kingpins Frank Lucas and Leroy (Nicky) Barnes who ran a well organized Harlem heroin networks, etc., etc., those are all legit versions of organized crime groups. Cuban boss Jose Battle Sr., and Raymond (Spanish Ray) Marguez with their Spanish mobs are 2 more. I could go on and on with good examples.

And you are correct that LCN has always worked with other groups throughout their history.

But there are very few instances where you will see traditional "LCN Families" utilize (or use) gangbangers. Guttural street thugs are only used as 'crash dummies' to take the weight for a dangerous assignment that LCN doesn't want to touch. And even that is rare.

In the last few years we have seen that with a Whitestone, Queens, case where a Genovese soldier Robert DeBello got involved in an assault where a few of his knuckleheads hired a few black gangbangers to hurt someone. The end result? They all got pinched becuse these gangbangers have no brains and were speaking about the assault on cell phones and doing other stupid things that led police to them.

And a young Lucchese soldier that got involved selling cell phones to gangbangers he met in NJ state prison. Another bad idea. that drew attention to them.

In the USA you do not see that type of interaction between LCN and street gangs.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/20/21 03:53 PM.
Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018351
08/20/21 10:01 AM
08/20/21 10:01 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
The Genovese's Springfield crew had ties with Latin Kings,the Luccheses smuggled phones and drugs in NJ with the Bloods. Who knows in the other cities?

In the smaller towns they may know a few. And even do a low level 'business' with a few. But again that is a rarity. a real rarity. And its usually between a veery low level guys, not a full-fledged wiseguy. They just don't have those types of relationships. Nor do they care too.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018352
08/20/21 10:02 AM
08/20/21 10:02 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

In places like Canada it may be different. I've seen some weird affiliations up there. But in NYC and elsewhere in the US no.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018355
08/20/21 10:19 AM
08/20/21 10:19 AM
S
SimonChen Offline
Capo
SimonChen  Offline
S
Capo
"The basic Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) organizational structure is based on cliques (clicas; i.e., nodal clusters) with over 400 of these network clusters now existing. Cliques typically range in size from 10 to 100 individuals with geographic variations evident. "
"The LA cliques are organized with a primera palabra and segunda palabra (first and second word) sharing the clique’s command function and supported by a treasurer and liaison to La Eme. "
"In some areas of the country, MS-13 cliques are more organized, and several operate as part of a larger “program.” In some instances, in “places where the MS13 is very organized, such as Los Angeles and El Salvador,”"
https://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/a...salvatrucha-ms-13-command-and-control-c2

I feel like Hispanic street gangs are a lot more organized in CA than on the east coast. People say that the mafia and gangs are apples and oranges, well yes and no, organized crime is indeed different from regular gang cultures, organized crime rely on industrialization of local economy and is essentially a modern phenomenon, gangs on the other hand are bandits, no different from the outlaws who loot villages and kill people in the pre-modern time, but they also evolve and some of them eventually become organized crime groups similar to the mafia. That`s why you can`t say all gangs are simple-minded killers nor can you say they are all organized enterprises. The Italians before the prohibition era were also street-level thugs, but they evolve based on the environment and criminal opportunities. The cartels today are still recruiting street gangs in Mexico into their ranks therefore transforming them into Sicarios, it happens all the time when profit for organized crime is large gangs will be drawn to participate.

Re: The US Mafia and other oc groups? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1018368
08/20/21 12:47 PM
08/20/21 12:47 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
I'm baffled by the fact that some act so surprised. Definitely not all mobsters are highly intelligent master-criminals. Plenty of them are just straight thugs. Why wouldn't they associate with other thugs?

I know for a fact that there are plenty Ndrangheta members who, despite all the criminal prowess of the Ndrangheta clans, are just thuggish hoodlums. At heart not much different than a street gangbanger.

I don't know who ever robbed shoulders with someone connected to "Russian" (which really can mean about 12 former Soviet ethnicities), Albanian or Turkish OC, but these guys are not rocket scientists. If you say Black or Hispanic street gang members as a rule are "just thugs", I don't know if you ever really interacted with or came across someone from any other kind of "organized crime" group. Because the vast majority of them are just that: thugs. And damn proud of it too.

A Sicilian guy from my area once kept another guy locked in a dog kennel and pistol-whipped him for days, boasting about it all until - naturally - the police got to him. And this was a guy from a SERIOUS international family...but seriously: does this sound that much different from what a violent member of the Bloods or MS13 would do?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull