GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, dixiemafia), 262 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,311
Posts1,058,397
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Dominick Montiglio died Sunday evening [Re: Fleming_Ave] #1024140
11/21/21 05:36 AM
11/21/21 05:36 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave
One thing I find hard to believe about Montiglio's story. He was in that crew, but didn't participate in the murder and mayhem? Sounds kind of fishy. I could be wrong, what do I know, but I just don't think a non murderer would have been a good fit with those guys.

He wasn't in that crew. So some research before you post

Re: Dominick Montiglio died Sunday evening [Re: PaulieSenter] #1024149
11/21/21 07:50 AM
11/21/21 07:50 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Nino Gaggi was their capo, is that what you were saying Flaming-Ave. The answer is yes. Was Montiglio on record with Roy DeMeo? No, he was on record with his uncle Nino Gaggi. I do believe Montiglio was involved in a couple of murders that Roy and his associates had done, due to the fact Gaggi trusted his nephew for important assignments.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Dominick Montiglio died Sunday evening [Re: PaulieSenter] #1024160
11/21/21 01:08 PM
11/21/21 01:08 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
I think he was around a bit and known as Gaggi's nephew, so maybe Gaggi never had to put him on record as being with him, he was with Gaggi by default. I do not think he was as close to anyone as he claims, his stories did change over the years. He was defiantly a heroin junkie, I don't see how Gaggi or anyone else could have trusted him as much as he claims. Considering he ratted and testified, they would have been accurate.

Re: Dominick Montiglio died Sunday evening [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1024169
11/21/21 04:55 PM
11/21/21 04:55 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Nino Gaggi was their capo, is that what you were saying Flaming-Ave. The answer is yes. Was Montiglio on record with Roy DeMeo? No, he was on record with his uncle Nino Gaggi. I do believe Montiglio was involved in a couple of murders that Roy and his associates had done, due to the fact Gaggi trusted his nephew for important assignments.

Yes I meant he was under his uncle Nino.

Re: Dominick Montiglio died Sunday evening [Re: jace] #1024175
11/21/21 05:46 PM
11/21/21 05:46 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by jace
I think he was around a bit and known as Gaggi's nephew, so maybe Gaggi never had to put him on record as being with him, he was with Gaggi by default. I do not think he was as close to anyone as he claims, his stories did change over the years. He was defiantly a heroin junkie, I don't see how Gaggi or anyone else could have trusted him as much as he claims. Considering he ratted and testified, they would have been accurate.

Actually it was someone in Pat Conti crew who voted against his name being inducted and called him a junkie, others came forward and practically said the same thing. Someone close to Paul Castellano also said Montiglio was a junkie, may have been Mosca who spoke in Castellano ear, but the only other family to speak out about it was the Lucchese family. Gaggi was told his nephew was not going to be made, no mention of him suspected of being an informant, so Nino had Dominick around him most of the time, and only went to the lounge when Gaggi told him to relay messages or pickup envelopes. Gaggi put more trust in his blood family than his crime family, but Gaggi was at fault cause he thought Montiglio could handle being around psychopaths and killers, not just DeMeo crew but a few other crews. Montiglio never pulled the trigger, but was a driver for a hit and dropped off the killer's for a hit, and also picked up the killers after a hit another time. Those two are the closest that he was possible helping the ReMeo crew on his uncle orders.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Dominick Montiglio died Sunday evening [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1024207
11/22/21 12:23 PM
11/22/21 12:23 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Originally Posted by jace

Actually it was someone in Pat Conti crew who voted against his name being inducted and called him a junkie, others came forward and practically said the same thing. Someone close to Paul Castellano also said Montiglio was a junkie, may have been Mosca who spoke in Castellano ear, but the only other family to speak out about it was the Lucchese family. Gaggi was told his nephew was not going to be made, no mention of him suspected of being an informant, so Nino had Dominick around him most of the time, and only went to the lounge when Gaggi told him to relay messages or pickup envelopes. Gaggi put more trust in his blood family than his crime family, but Gaggi was at fault cause he thought Montiglio could handle being around psychopaths and killers, not just DeMeo crew but a few other crews. Montiglio never pulled the trigger, but was a driver for a hit and dropped off the killer's for a hit, and also picked up the killers after a hit another time. Those two are the closest that he was possible helping the ReMeo crew on his uncle orders.

Montiglio is the source for all of that, so don't buy it. He claimed he was meeting with Castellano. I believe that as much as I believe John Alite demoted Gallo.

Re: Dominick Montiglio died Sunday evening [Re: PaulieSenter] #1024213
11/22/21 01:39 PM
11/22/21 01:39 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
That's not entirely accurate, Gravano has confirmed Montiglio's presence at Castellano's house in S.I.
Also, the first mention in Murder Machine of Montiglio's involvement with Smack is on page 271. where it is stated that sit down was arranged between Nino, Paul Castellano, Chin Gigante, Montiglio and a "boss" from the Genovese Family New Jersey Crew, to whom Mat Rega and his father were related. In that meeting the elder Rega leveled numerous accusations against Montiglio based on his son's(Mat Rega)story that Montiglio had withheld $30,000 in Vig payments that Rega had paid over the summer of '82. He also accused Montiglio of dealing heroin in the Bronx, that's it. The primary source of Montiglio's alleged heroin use is Matty Rega with whom Montiglio had been close but was betrayed when Rega couldn't continue payments to Nino.
I have attached images of pages 271 and 272 for your review, if anyone has factual credible evidence contrary to this they should post it to corroborate their position.

Attached Files 20211122_121340.jpg20211122_121148.jpg
Re: Dominick Montiglio died Sunday evening [Re: PaulieSenter] #1024220
11/22/21 05:29 PM
11/22/21 05:29 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Gravano was backing up another rat, Gravano was under LE control and had to say what they wanted. H also claimed he had left crime behind, then was caught running drug ring with his kids. His word is not proof to me. Maybe to others.

Last edited by jace; 11/22/21 05:30 PM.
Re: Dominick Montiglio died Sunday evening [Re: PaulieSenter] #1024223
11/22/21 06:57 PM
11/22/21 06:57 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
A Rat is a Rat 100%, I've been locked up 7 times and spent time in Brooklyn House of Detention and The Tombs in Manhattan and never considered selling out my partner's in business. In fact, it's so easy to beat the system, you have to be a fucking moron to get locked up for any length of time, Roy DeMeo had no criminal record and died having never been convicted of a crime, if you're going to dirt, he's you're role model. That being said, I'm not defending Montiglio, just setting the record straight historically. He was a Rat and threw a lot of people under the bus to avoid doing time. He might have a smack addict too, we're still trying to pin that down and have reached out to his roommate and biographer Ross Brodar for any info he has on that subject.
I consider myself a NYC history student with a Minor in Mob Studies and seek only a factually accurate account of the dramatic events that occurred under the Mafia's rule of NYC. Hopefully, Brodar will respond to us later in the week so I can get more info on Montiglio's addiction.

Re: Dominick Montiglio died Sunday evening [Re: Louiebynochi] #1024246
11/23/21 09:05 AM
11/23/21 09:05 AM
UK
D
dsd Offline
Capo
dsd  Offline
D
Capo
UK
Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
It’s unconstitutional to punish someone for something they werent convicted for doesn’t matter if you KNOW they did it! That should be illegal..

It's outrageous that a judge can start bringing up crimes that you've not been convicted off. Don't matter if its a technicality.
So Borellis in prison since mid 80s , only for car crimes?? Is that correct?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull