GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (furio_from_naples, Toodoped, 1 invisible), 367 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,063
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,365
Posts1,059,437
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Famous April 1932 Photo #1012885
05/31/21 05:25 PM
05/31/21 05:25 PM
I
I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes Offline OP
Button
I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes  Offline OP
I
Button
I'm sure anyone interested in the history has seen the photo, but the below article has a news clipping that maybe some haven't seen

The news clipping reports what was found on the subjects:
Luciano: $46,655 accounts receivable statement & $900 cash
Lansky: $250 cash
Others: $100+ cash each

$46,655 = $900k in 2021
$900 = $17.5k in 2021
$250 = $4.9k in 2021

Also stated in the news clipping:
Luciano & Lansky said they were gamblers
Ricca former Genna gangster (Genna was murdered 7 years ago)
Harry Brown a race track (can't make out other word?)
Sylvester Agoglia former Genna gangster
John Senna alleged follower of Bug Moran North Side Gang (by this time Moran's influence should've been over)
Lieut. Kelly & Sergt. Wachholz overheard Luciano receive 30 phone calls in 2 hours pertaining to Detroit shipments, airplanes, steamships, and the mention of Joe Fusco, Capone's right hand man (Joe Fusco died comfortably in a Hilton Suite in 1976)
"The visit might mean anything from a kidnapping scheme to attempts to incroach upon the booze realm of Capone" (lol)

This has always been one of my favorite photos, as I've always been interested in the Luciano/Lansky/Ricca relationship
I think their relationship was an important stone in a National Mob that was separate from any ethnically exclusive organization, and I think their influence was dominate in that Mob up until the 1950s when Lansky lost his gamble on Cuba, Genovese broke the order in NY, and Ricca began is legal woes

April 19, 1932: Luciano, Lansky nabbed in Chicago

I also want to bump this old thread that I found on this subject that I really enjoyed reading:
NY/Chicago Mob Meeting 1932

If anyone else has any more info on this picture, or this period, please share!

Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1012886
05/31/21 05:28 PM
05/31/21 05:28 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Interesting articles

Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1063089
07/06/23 06:46 AM
07/06/23 06:46 AM
I
Button
I
Button
Decided to do some digging on one the lesser known in the photo: "Harry Brown"
Anyone know much about him?
I can't find much on him for being in such a famous photo

What some files I could find state:

Harry Brown is an alias for Raymond Bralynski
Brother of Edward Bralynski who had a heart attack in 1960

[Linked Image]

Has a piece of the Plaza Hotel in Havana with Bruno and Ippolito
Controls the nickelodeons(name of resorts?) in Cuba with Ippolito
Owns the land on which the Luau Restaurant and North Bay Village were built

[Linked Image]

Bruno observed at Luau Restaurant
Real estate dealings with Bruno

[Linked Image]

Bruno's wife states Bruno was in business with "Brownie" and Ippolito
NJ Governor knew "Brownie" and Ippolito

Description of tall, blond, good-looking, so "Brownie" definitely Edward, not Raymond
[Linked Image]

Asked about Bruno
[Linked Image]

Snippet from online article I found stating Bralynski brothers were in real estate deals with Ridolfi (NJ senate)
Association with Bruno and Johnny Keys Simone

[Linked Image]

Last edited by I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes; 07/06/23 07:03 AM.
Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1063090
07/06/23 06:53 AM
07/06/23 06:53 AM
I
Button
I
Button
Wanted to also mention that the "John Senna" in the photo is believed to actually be Rocco Fischetti

Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1063091
07/06/23 07:08 AM
07/06/23 07:08 AM
I
Button
I
Button
"Harry Brown" also arrested in Miami with Joe Masseria, Luciano, and 14 others
Newspaper says he's from Miami instead of NJ
This was 2 years before the photo
Awesome article on the arrests

Newspaper:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes; 07/06/23 07:10 AM.
Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1063093
07/06/23 07:29 AM
07/06/23 07:29 AM
I
Button
I
Button
Article Link

This article states Harry Ducket as another name for the "Harry Brown" in the photo, and hints he was Sicilian
No clue where this article got its sources
[Linked Image]

Last edited by I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes; 07/06/23 07:30 AM.
Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1063099
07/06/23 09:31 AM
07/06/23 09:31 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes
Wanted to also mention that the "John Senna" in the photo is believed to actually be Rocco Fischetti

It is not "believed", thats really Rocco Fischetti. Great stuff btw and thanks again.

Back in the days there used to be some info regarding "Harry Brown", meaning it was possible that he also used an alias and thanks to you, he really did. Cheers again.

The Fischetti proof...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Same guy, different hat. lol

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1063134
07/06/23 07:36 PM
07/06/23 07:36 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

It's an interesting year 1932, Lansky joined Johnny Torrio, Lucky Luciano, and Albert Anastasia in creating the National Crime Syndicate.
The picture shows the importance of Chicago.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1063140
07/06/23 09:55 PM
07/06/23 09:55 PM
I
Button
I
Button
Definitely same guy in those pics Toodoped!

@Hollander
I agree completely on how the photo shows how important Chicago was
Also feeds a little into the theory that Luciano Group and Outfit were intertwined at the top
Story of Fischetti's giving Luciano a briefcase of $2m kind of feed into same theory too

I really wonder if the "Harry Brown" in the photo, the Raymond Bralynski in FBI files, and the "Sicilian" Harry Duckett are the same people or not!
Interesting that he was so connected to the Philly greaser gang

Last edited by I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes; 07/06/23 09:58 PM.
Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1063150
07/07/23 04:07 AM
07/07/23 04:07 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

@Hollander
Also feeds a little into the theory that Luciano Group and Outfit were intertwined at the top
Story of Fischetti's giving Luciano a briefcase of $2m kind of feed into same theory too

Also the "rumor" regarding Sinatra being used by the Fischettis as bagman, also might be true. After all one informant stated "Sinatra is Fischetti".

Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: Toodoped] #1063154
07/07/23 04:22 AM
07/07/23 04:22 AM
I
Button
I
Button
Originally Posted by Toodoped

@Hollander

Also the "rumor" regarding Sinatra being used by the Fischettis as bagman, also might be true. After all one informant stated "Sinatra is Fischetti".

I think it's so funny the newspaper pegged Rocco as an alleged follower of Bug Moran North Side Gang hahaha

An informant thought Genovese and Fischetti were most powerful Italians in 1956 (and Fischetti was stronger):
[Linked Image]

Key words though: "informant thought", but makes you wonder haha

Last edited by I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes; 07/07/23 04:25 AM.
Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1063159
07/07/23 05:08 AM
07/07/23 05:08 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by Toodoped

@Hollander

I think it's so funny the newspaper pegged Rocco as an alleged follower of Bug Moran North Side Gang hahaha

An informant thought Genovese and Fischetti were most powerful Italians in 1956 (and Fischetti was stronger):
[Linked Image]

Key words though: "informant thought", but makes you wonder haha

Yeah Ive seen that file and theres another one, possibly from the same NY informant, in which he mentiones Rocco Fischetti as one of Chicago's semi-retired bosses while explaining that Chicago was somehow different than the NY families by having a special position for the semi-retired high level guys who still received income from the organization.

I think the NY informant mightve been from the old days and probably confused or mixed up the years and individuals, since the Fischettis were in charge of the Outfit during the mid 1940s, especially Charlie Fish. By 1956 Ricca and Accardo ruled the Outfit, while Charlie died back in 1950 or 51. Rocco remained as official capo until he became in debt of his underling and prime lieutenant Les Kruse who in turn later became the unofficial leader of Roccos crew, obviously because he was non-Italian.

Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1063167
07/07/23 07:14 AM
07/07/23 07:14 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

1932 in organized crime

Events
Chicago Outfit mob boss Alphonse "Al," "Scarface" Capone is sent to the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary after his 1931 conviction for tax evasion. Francesco "Frank 'The Enforcer' Nitti" Nitto succeeds Capone as leader of the Outfit. But, since Capone is in prison, Felice "Paul 'The Waiter" Ricca" DeLucia becomes the real, new Outfit boss. With all of Chicago's organized crime activity consolidated into the Outfit, that organization begins to resemble the modern day National Crime Syndicate.
Charles "Lucky" Luciano begins employing Louis "Lepke" Buchalter's "The Combination (called Murder, Inc. by the press) for National Crime Syndicate murder contracts.
Future Gambino crime family leader, Paul Castellano, is brought into the family] by boss Carlo Gambino.
Sicilian mafiosi Vito Cascio Ferro dies in Rome, Italy while in prison.
February 9 – Renegade hitman Vincent "Mad Dog" Coll is killed in a drive-by shooting at a public telephone booth while attempting to extort money from mob boss Owney "Killer" Madden.
July 29 – Pittsburgh bootleggers John, Arthur, and James Volpe are shot to death in a Pittsburgh coffee shop. The hits were reportedly ordered by Pittsburgh crime family leader John Bazzano.
August 8 – John Bazzano is found stuffed in a burlap sack on a Brooklyn street He had been strangled, then stabbed to death. Bazzano's murder may have been connected to the gangland slaying of the Volpe brothers weeks earlier. Vincenzo Capizzi would later succeed Bazzano as head of the Pittsburgh crime family.
September 1 – New York Mayor James J. Walker resigns from office, following his testimony before the Seabury Commission.

Re: The Famous April 1932 Photo [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1063170
07/07/23 07:37 AM
07/07/23 07:37 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

1933 in organized crime

Events
Reform Mayor Fiorello La Guardia is elected mayor of New York City.
Recently released from prison, Salvatore "Sam" "Mooney" Giancana becomes a bodyguard and chauffeur to Antonino "Tony," "Joe Batters" Accardo.
Walter Sage, a member of Brooklyn's Abe Reles-Harry Maione gang, is stabbed to death by Murder, Inc. assassin "Pittsburg Phil" Harry Strauss.
January 24 – Charles "King" Solomon, the leading Prohibition bootlegger in Boston's underworld, is killed at the Cotton Club in South Boston.
March 7 – Salvatore Sabella, along with John Avena and Domenico Pollina, are acquitted for a 1927 gangland slaying.
May 30 – Sebastiano Domingo aka Buster from Chicago killed in New York City; five others wounded-of whom one died.
June 17 – In an attempt to free bank robber Frank "Jelly" Nash from federal custody, Verne Miller, Charles "Pretty Boy" Floyd, and Adam Richetti, ambush federal agents and local police at the Kansas City Union Station parking lot resulting in the deaths of FBI Agent Raymond J. Caffrey, Oklahoma, Police Chief Otto Reed, Kansas City Policemen W. J. Grooms and Frank Hermanson, as well as Frank Nash himself. The event would become known as the "Kansas City Massacre".
August 12 – Gas Fascone, a gunman for Kansas City mobster John Lazia, is shot and killed by police after murdering Joe Lusco lieutenant Ferris Anthon.
October 9 – Gus Winkler, a gambler and bootlegger on Chicago's West Side (or North Side), is machine gunned to death. Winkler was suspected to have been involved in planning the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
November 29 – Vernon C. Miller, an associate of New York mobster Louis "Lepke" Buchalter and one of the surviving gunmen of the Kansas City Massacre, is found murdered in Detroit (possibly members of New Jersey mobster Abner Zwillman's organization).
December 5 – Prohibition ends following the ratification of the 21st Amendment.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull