GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (British, 2 invisible), 317 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Neo] #1013671
06/11/21 11:24 AM
06/11/21 11:24 AM
M
Mamaluke Offline
Made Member
Mamaluke  Offline
M
Made Member
Originally Posted by Neo
Originally Posted by Mamaluke
Well there have been guys who stood up to life sentences and didnt rat. Guys have gone to the chair without ratting so the idea that EVERYBODY is a rat at heart just isnt so.

I didn't say "everybody". This is what I said:

"Anyone on this forum would do whatever they could to get out of a life sentence. I don't buy that shit that -"nobody knows what they will do until they are in that situation". It's a fucking life sentence. Nobody here can convince me they can hold up against a life sentence."

You are on this forum so I assume this applies to you. You say you would do 'whatever you could' to get out of a life sentence, would you give up your mother? Your father? How about your brother?

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Mamaluke] #1013698
06/11/21 09:09 PM
06/11/21 09:09 PM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo
Well there have been guys who stood up to life sentences and didnt rat. Guys have gone to the chair without ratting so the idea that EVERYBODY is a rat at heart just isnt so.

I didn't say "everybody". This is what I said:

"Anyone on this forum would do whatever they could to get out of a life sentence. I don't buy that shit that -"nobody knows what they will do until they are in that situation". It's a fucking life sentence. Nobody here can convince me they can hold up against a life sentence."

You are on this forum so I assume this applies to you. You say you would do 'whatever you could' to get out of a life sentence, would you give up your mother? Your father? How about your brother?

I should have said: "Anyone on this forum would do almost whatever they could to get out of a life sentence."

I suppose there is limits to what a person will do for their freedom. There have however been mobsters that have rolled on their father or brother to get out of a life sentence.

Last edited by Neo; 06/11/21 09:09 PM.
Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Mamaluke] #1013703
06/12/21 03:29 AM
06/12/21 03:29 AM
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
Mamaluke,

The answer to your question is YES, YES, AND YES! That piece of garbage 🗑 would rat everyone out just so he can eat at restaurants and go to nightclubs. Society is crawling with spineless weasels like Neo.

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: DillyDolly] #1013704
06/12/21 04:21 AM
06/12/21 04:21 AM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by DillyDolly
Mamaluke,

The answer to your question is YES, YES, AND YES! That piece of garbage 🗑 would rat everyone out just so he can eat at restaurants and go to nightclubs. Society is crawling with spineless weasels like Neo.

Fucking internet.........in the safe environment of the virtual world the internet even makes cross dressing dancing lady boys like DillyDolly think they are stand up guys and solid as fuck.

Last edited by Neo; 06/12/21 04:24 AM.
Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Neo] #1013712
06/12/21 07:47 AM
06/12/21 07:47 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo
Mamaluke,

Fucking internet.........in the safe environment of the virtual world the internet even makes cross dressing dancing lady boys like DillyDolly think they are stand up guys and solid as fuck.

Sad but true...Unfortunately this is the new world we live in :-(

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #1013715
06/12/21 09:38 AM
06/12/21 09:38 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry
Originally Posted by Neo
Mamaluke,

Absolutely. Very sad indeed. Look we are all here because mob history interests us just like sports or movies or whatever else. But over the past few months I’ve seen many new people acting like they’re proud “made men” hardened ex cons, and seem obsessed with talking about “rats”. On one hand it’s hilarious but on another it’s sad like you said

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: JCrusher] #1013717
06/12/21 10:59 AM
06/12/21 10:59 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by Neo
Mamaluke,

Absolutely. Very sad indeed. Look we are all here because mob history interests us just like sports or movies or whatever else. But over the past few months I’ve seen many new people acting like they’re proud “made men” hardened ex cons, and seem obsessed with talking about “rats”. On one hand it’s hilarious but on another it’s sad like you said

What I find to be even more hilarious is the fact that at least 99% of all posters on these various Mob oriented sites live their "Wantabe Gangster" lives vicariously thru their research. If they really knew and understood the "life" either being a real Mob guy or through their friendship with real Mob guys, I believe they'd have a much different opinion ;-)

Last edited by Friend_of_Henry; 06/12/21 11:03 AM.

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Neo] #1013718
06/12/21 11:10 AM
06/12/21 11:10 AM
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
Obsessed with talking about rats? Last I checked we're not the ones who started this thread. In most cases it's very easy to say that I wouldn't have done it, like I said most mob guys and white-collar crooks aren't doing hard time, they're in there riding mechanical bulls and planting tomato gardens. Guys like Rastelli, Persico, Amuso, and Mancuso were still able to get orders out onto the streets, if prison life for the mob was so hard no way would that be possible. You guys were just born snitches, I bet when you got your ass kicked you didn't try to get vengeance on your own, you went crying for mommy and daddy or the teacher. You sissies have 911 on speed dial lol, especially you Neo.

Last edited by DillyDolly; 06/12/21 11:47 AM.
Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Neo] #1013719
06/12/21 01:10 PM
06/12/21 01:10 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
@Friend_of_Henry. Absolutely

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Neo] #1013724
06/12/21 05:24 PM
06/12/21 05:24 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Friend of Henry: No one here thinks they are a gangster, and most (Including myself) would never commit a crime. I also will call the police in a heartbeat if I see a crime. I know as do others here we are not gangsters, it's in discussing people who take an oath, choose a lifestyle, have friends do time for them, yet rat when their time comes that we analyze them and then dislike them at the least. No one but a rat themselves, or rat's family member can say they like rats. Easy to understand to anyone with an open mind.

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: DillyDolly] #1013725
06/12/21 05:34 PM
06/12/21 05:34 PM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
In most cases it's very easy to say that I wouldn't have done it, like I said most mob guys and white-collar crooks aren't doing hard time.

You seem to have trouble differentiating yourself from the mob guys you read about.

You see a few pictures of mob guys in prison looking like they aren't doing too bad and because you think you're just like them you assume your experience in prison will be just the same. It won't. Because you ain't them.

Last edited by Neo; 06/12/21 05:39 PM.
Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: jace] #1013726
06/12/21 05:39 PM
06/12/21 05:39 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
Jace, I don't commit crimes either, except the occasional petty shoplifting or dine and dash. And I WOULD NOT call the police if I see a crime being committed. I'm not going to snitch on the little guy when you have politicians bankers and corporate elites robbing and plundering everywhere LEGITIMATELY! There are few exceptions, however, like child molestation or animal abuse, but for the most part I believe in minding my own business. As far as rats' family members, there are occasions when a rat's own relatives disowned him, and for good reason. Nobody likes a stoolie, whether they're involved in crime or not, whether they're gangsters or not. The only people who like rats are lowlifes like Neo.

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: DillyDolly] #1013729
06/12/21 05:51 PM
06/12/21 05:51 PM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
I'm not going to snitch on the little guy when you have politicians bankers and corporate elites robbing and plundering everywhere LEGITIMATELY! There are few exceptions, however, like child molestation or animal abuse,

So you'd snitch on someone for not looking after their dog properly but if you seen a innocent girl get tortured to death you wouldn't snitch?

Last edited by Neo; 06/12/21 06:09 PM.
Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: jace] #1013732
06/12/21 06:33 PM
06/12/21 06:33 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace
Friend of Henry: No one here thinks they are a gangster, and most (Including myself) would never commit a crime. I also will call the police in a heartbeat if I see a crime. I know as do others here we are not gangsters, it's in discussing people who take an oath, choose a lifestyle, have friends do time for them, yet rat when their time comes that we analyze them and then dislike them at the least. No one but a rat themselves, or rat's family member can say they like rats. Easy to understand to anyone with an open mind.

Obviously you don't understand the difference between a "Wantabe" gangster" and a "Gangster".
However Thanx for explaining what a "rat" is. I never knew that. You must be the brains of the outfit :-)

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Neo] #1013733
06/12/21 06:34 PM
06/12/21 06:34 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss

Obviously you don't understand the difference between a "Wantabe" gangster" and a "Gangster".
However Thanx for explaining what a "rat" is. I never knew that. You must be the brains of the outfit :-)

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #1013742
06/12/21 08:27 PM
06/12/21 08:27 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

Look who's talking, you said, regarding people here:

"Wantabe Gangster" lives vicariously thru their research. If they really knew and understood the "life" either being a real Mob guy or through their friendship with real Mob guys,

That's about the same, and what the heck do you know about being a gangster?? lol You know the life, but no one else here does---you better never bring up brains again.

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Neo] #1013743
06/12/21 08:28 PM
06/12/21 08:28 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
Neo, you're even dumber than I thought. Either that or you're just being a wise-ass, twisting my words around to mean what you want. I was talking more along the lines of beating animals, but yes I would report someone for torturing a little girl. Geez what an extreme example. But I'll tell you what, if I saw someone breaking into your house while you were gone I wouldn't report it, in fact I'd probably pitch in and help.

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: jace] #1013745
06/12/21 08:51 PM
06/12/21 08:51 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss

Look who's talking, you said, regarding people here:

"Wantabe Gangster" lives vicariously thru their research. If they really knew and understood the "life" either being a real Mob guy or through their friendship with real Mob guys,

That's about the same, and what the heck do you know about being a gangster?? lol You know the life, but no one else here does---you better never bring up brains again.

Not to worry, I'll never bring up brains again in your presence, 'cause you certainly missed out as shown by your continued foolish statements.Obviously you know more about the "Life" than any of us. Unlike you, that knows everything or thinks they know everything, I know nothing. We're done! I don't get in pissin' contests with snakes so go piss on someone else's shoes.

Last edited by Friend_of_Henry; 06/12/21 08:53 PM.

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: DillyDolly] #1013750
06/12/21 09:22 PM
06/12/21 09:22 PM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
Neo, you're even dumber than I thought. Either that or you're just being a wise-ass, twisting my words around to mean what you want. I was talking more along the lines of beating animals, but yes I would report someone for torturing a little girl. Geez what an extreme example. But I'll tell you what, if I saw someone breaking into your house while you were gone I wouldn't report it, in fact I'd probably pitch in and help.

Okay so you'd turn rat if you see anyone committing a crime you don't like. Kind of like a selective rat, you'll rat on people for breaking certain laws. Not even going to try and handle those situations yourself like the ex-convict you claim you are?

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Neo] #1013766
06/12/21 11:03 PM
06/12/21 11:03 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Made guys take an oath if they betray Cosa Nostra they must die, in 'ndrangheta they even get a cyanide pill.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Neo] #1013767
06/12/21 11:09 PM
06/12/21 11:09 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
Child molestation and torturing children is outside the criminal code, even hardened criminals would support life sentences for those types. I was once in a courtroom before where everyone's charges were read out loud and this one black guy's charges were molesting some little girl. Everyone yelled "give him life" so yeah sick crimes like that are different. But any crimes that involves lining your pockets and making riches is honorable, never rat on people making a living and getting ahead.

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: DillyDolly] #1013769
06/12/21 11:29 PM
06/12/21 11:29 PM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
Child molestation and torturing children is outside the criminal code

Why not just kick their heads in instead of calling the Police on them?

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Neo] #1013812
06/13/21 10:47 PM
06/13/21 10:47 PM
M
Mamaluke Offline
Made Member
Mamaluke  Offline
M
Made Member
I would call the police if I saw something that I thought was wrong. Whether or not its legal is not really the issue. Im not a cop, its not my job to go around checking the criminal codes and reporting people. If I see a neighbor growing a weed plant in his yard Im not going to run to the phone and call 911. LOL. "Oh my god that guy is committing a CRIME!!"

Like 90% of all rational people, I believe in live and let live. If somebody is getting hurt I might feel the need to do something, otherwise I mind my business.

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Mamaluke] #1013850
06/14/21 03:45 PM
06/14/21 03:45 PM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
I would call the police if I saw something that I thought was wrong. Whether or not its legal is not really the issue. Im not a cop, its not my job to go around checking the criminal codes and reporting people. If I see a neighbor growing a weed plant in his yard Im not going to run to the phone and call 911. LOL. "Oh my god that guy is committing a CRIME!!"

Like 90% of all rational people, I believe in live and let live. If somebody is getting hurt I might feel the need to do something, otherwise I mind my business.

That's fair enough.

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: Neo] #1014034
06/17/21 10:10 PM
06/17/21 10:10 PM
B
boomboomroom Offline
Made Member
boomboomroom  Offline
B
Made Member

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: boomboomroom] #1014044
06/18/21 11:18 AM
06/18/21 11:18 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by boomboomroom

That video is so wrong, they get a new social security number, a new name, a fresh start, and job leads or a job outright. Michael DiLeonardo was reported by Gangland a few years ago to be getting $4,0000 a month in case he is needed again, or remembers anything new. Henry Hill had to be arrested multiple times before he was kicked out of Witness Protection.

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: DillyDolly] #1014605
06/26/21 09:04 PM
06/26/21 09:04 PM
The_Premier Offline
Toe cutter
The_Premier  Offline
Toe cutter
Button
Dunno if you’ve been banned or not, and don’t really care, but do you really think the underworld is full of men of honour? Geez kiddo, the reason murder is used as an inforcement tool is because it’s full of people that only care about one person - them. And only the fear of a bullet stops them saving their skins. Hang around with them for a year, and if you survive, see just how loyal they will be to you without the fear of retribution.
I admire your misplaced loyalty but kiddo they will eat you alive as they laugh at you

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: The_Premier] #1014619
06/26/21 10:07 PM
06/26/21 10:07 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by The_Premier
Dunno if you’ve been banned or not, and don’t really care, but do you really think the underworld is full of men of honour? Geez kiddo, the reason murder is used as an inforcement tool is because it’s full of people that only care about one person - them. And only the fear of a bullet stops them saving their skins. Hang around with them for a year, and if you survive, see just how loyal they will be to you without the fear of retribution.
I admire your misplaced loyalty but kiddo they will eat you alive as they laugh at you

. Very Well Said

Re: Becoming a rat, is it all that bad? [Re: The_Premier] #1014632
06/27/21 03:56 AM
06/27/21 03:56 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by The_Premier

I'm not from the USA, but over here I grew up with quite a few guys who turned career criminal later on in their life. Most of them already had family members in the underworld back when they were kids so there were warning signs. Not to stereotype, but within many communities over here getting into organized crime seems to be a trade passed through the male members of a family. Italians, Turks, Kurds, Albanians, Moroccans, Assyrians...or just local Dutch and Belgian people who come from a "Traveller" background or who are involved in an outlaw motorcycle lifestyle...if they got family members in the life, there's a risk of them following in those footsteps. Nevertheless, the vast majority of the families in any of those communities consist of hardworking people.

I've done many legitimate favors for some down the road, like helping some find legit jobs when they got out of the can, helping out with translations and paper work when buying cars across border, etc...
I'm acquainted enough with some of them to know that you always have to keep your wits about you. Professional criminals, no matter which background, can be very easy to get along with, but at the end of the day most of them are prone to violence and care about two things first and foremost: themselves and their money. That's just the way it is.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull