GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lou_Para, 1 invisible), 179 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,888
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,647
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: alicecooper] #1017412
08/04/21 01:43 PM
08/04/21 01:43 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by alicecooper
Originally Posted by JCrusher
Is anyone else surprised the police or feds didn't put a tail on Favara for about a month?

. They did warn him of a potential threat. In reality cops can’t put a tail on just anyone. Gotti knew well enough that the feds were using surveillance on him. In 79 they were serving the Race Ute for se real months. That’s why Gotti took his family to Florida to crate an alibi and he orders his guts to take out Favara while he was away

Was Race Ute a location near gottis club? Or typo?

How involved were the feds at this time frame?

it was a typo. I meant the Ravenite

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: The_Premier] #1017413
08/04/21 01:45 PM
08/04/21 01:45 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by The_Premier
The can’t do it without evidence of a specific threat or it can fall into harassment. The rules go both ways or they can be misused. Yes it’s a sad and fucked up story but the police aren’t the ones at fault here. That poor bastard was a dead man the moment his car hit the boy

. Exactly. The cops did try and warn him but they arent allowed to follow a citizen without just cause

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017414
08/04/21 02:22 PM
08/04/21 02:22 PM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss
Does gotti have younger brothers still in the mob? Weren't there two that were younger than him?

Also is it true Gotti was supposedly going to be paid $200,000 for disposal of the Lufthansa getaway van (which stacks Edward's fucked up)?

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017415
08/04/21 02:51 PM
08/04/21 02:51 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Yeah Gene, Richard, and Vincent were all in the mob. Gene was the first Gotti to actually get made which infuriated John 😂

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: alicecooper] #1017418
08/04/21 03:12 PM
08/04/21 03:12 PM
The_Premier Offline
Toe cutter
The_Premier  Offline
Toe cutter
Button
The can’t do it without evidence of a specific threat or it can fall into harassment. The rules go both ways or they can be misused. Yes it’s a sad and fucked up story but the police aren’t the ones at fault here. That poor bastard was a dead man the moment his car hit the boy

I'm in no way saying it the fault of LE. The mob is responsible for the mob.

But, theycan do anything they want. Whether it stands up in court is a different issue.

I can't imagine Favara turning down surveillance but we'll never know.

Sure and apologies. I misinterpreted your post. A guess would be it wasn’t offered, but that’s more hunch than anything concrete. Who knows how the powers that be rank things sometimes. And maybe Favara just didn’t realise the danger he was really in.

Me- I’d like to think I’d have been gone that night and in Mexico 2 days later, but it doesn’t work like that. Most people don’t get the evil others can do so easily, and I doubt he’d really processed it until the moment they came for him.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: The_Premier] #1017420
08/04/21 03:31 PM
08/04/21 03:31 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss

But, theycan do anything they want. Whether it stands up in court is a different issue.

Sure and apologies. I misinterpreted your post. A guess would be it wasn’t offered, but that’s more hunch than anything concrete. Who knows how the powers that be rank things sometimes. And maybe Favara just didn’t realise the danger he was really in.

Me- I’d like to think I’d have been gone that night and in Mexico 2 days later, but it doesn’t work like that. Most people don’t get the evil others can do so easily, and I doubt he’d really processed it until the moment they came for him

. I think you’re right. Favara probably did t think the Gotti’s would take things that far especially since their children were friends and they obviously knew each other well. The baseball bat incident was when Favara really understood that it was time to get away from those people. But again it’s very hard to move your family out all of a sudden. Selling s house, finding a house, new job, schools etc.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017421
08/04/21 04:25 PM
08/04/21 04:25 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

. Exactly. The cops did try and warn him but they arent allowed to follow a citizen without just cause

But they follow and put people under surveillance all the time and if they did not want to do it without cause, they could have easily went to any judge and gotten an order to secretly watch him. They chose not to follow him.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: CNote] #1017422
08/04/21 04:26 PM
08/04/21 04:26 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by CNote
The account by Vcki Gotti published by the New York Post isn't as kind as Junior's.

METRO
Gotti: The day our boy was stolen away
By Post Staff Report

September 28, 2009 | 4:00am

TRAGIC LOSS: Frankie Gotti n mom Victoria's lap surrounded by siblings (clockwise from above left) Angel, John and Victoria. The boy was fatally mowed down on his bike at the age of 12 by a driver on March 18, 1980. The driver, a neighbor of the family, vanished months later.
Released from prison in 1977, John Gotti was quickly rising through the ranks of the Gambino crime family on his way to becoming “boss of all bosses.” Even in his home life, the underworld big shot knew how to throw his weight around. When his second son, Frankie, didn’t make the cut of his school football team, Gotti visited the coach, and later that day, the decision was reversed. But on March 18, 1980, as Frankie anticipated joining the team, Gotti family members’ lives would be changed forever. Here, in the second of four installments from Victoria Gotti’s new memoir, “This Family of Mine,” is the story of their tragic loss. Click here to see the Gotti family photo album.

The day before his first foot ball practice, March 18, 1980, my little brother Frankie, 12, was so excited he couldn’t eat or sleep. He took a shower and came running into my room and asked if he could borrow my hair dryer.

I, too, was in a rush. He was so impatient that he left the house with wet hair.

Later that afternoon, after school, he met a few neighborhood friends and went out to play. He couldn’t wait to tell them the news. He’d finally made the team.

Coming out of a McDonald’s near our house, I saw them on their bicycles.

I stopped and said something to him like, “It’s late and you know you have to be home for dinner at 5 or Mommy will be pissed.”

He nodded and took off down the avenue.

Mom was in the kitchen, preparing dinner and feeding my baby brother, Peter, then 4 years old. I ran upstairs to quickly change and head back to the kitchen to do my usual chores. I also relieved Mom and finished feeding Peter.

The phone rang four times before I was able to pick up the receiver. “Vicki, this is Marie Lucisano — your brother’s had an accident. Don’t worry.”

She went on to add, “He’s OK — I think he just broke his leg.”

Just as I was frantically tying my shoes, my mother came flying down the stairs sensing something was wrong.

“What’s going on?” she screamed.

“Frankie’s been hit by a car. Marie Lucisano called. It happened in front of her house,” I said.

Before I could even stand up, Mom was running the four or so blocks to the Lucisanos’ house on 87th Street. The ambulance was already on the scene and things were far worse than just a broken leg.

My brother had borrowed another kid’s minibike and was riding in a construction site near the side of the road. But that dreadful day, a drunken driver was speeding down the avenue and struck my brother.

The driver dragged him some 200 feet before angry neighbors stopped the car, pounced on his hood, and stopped him from crossing the avenue.

“Don’t you even realize you have a kid under the wheels of your f- – -in’ car?” one neighbor, Ted Friedman, recalled yelling out.

According to the neighbor, the driver, John Favara, then stopped the car. Another neighbor reached in and grabbed his keys, shutting the ignition off and pointed to my brother’s near-lifeless body under the front wheels.

My brother’s blood seemed to leave a trail down the entire block, leading up to the now-parked car.

Favara jumped from the car and started yelling, “What the f- – – was he doing in the street?”

According to the neighbor, “The driver of the car was angry, not remorseful.” Ted Friedman later told me the guy was belligerent — a real a- -hole until he realized the kid trapped under his wheels was John Gotti’s son. Favara then appeared to be “dazed and confused,” according to eyewitnesses.

My mother ran to Frankie, knelt and was cradling his head, screaming his name over and over, “Frankie, it’s Mommy — can you hear me? Frankie, Mommy’s here.”

Of all the things she could remember, it was “the look of abject fear in his eyes.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2009/09/28/gotti-the-day-our-boy-was-stolen-away/amp/

There are witnesses who went on record in this story, I go by this account of how it went down. Everything else is speculation

Last edited by jace; 08/04/21 04:27 PM.
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: The_Premier] #1017423
08/04/21 05:01 PM
08/04/21 05:01 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss

Me- I’d like to think I’d have been gone that night and in Mexico 2 days later, but it doesn’t work like that. Most people don’t get the evil others can do so easily, and I doubt he’d really processed it until the moment they came for him

. It was just such a bad luck situation. The guy did nothing wrong. The kid just happened to far from behind a dumpster at the exact moment he was passing by. Sadly the kids parents were lunatics and Favara was doomed. When I read that article from Scott Favara my heat goes out to that Family

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017426
08/04/21 05:39 PM
08/04/21 05:39 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305

. It was just such a bad luck situation. The guy did nothing wrong. The kid just happened to far from behind a dumpster at the exact moment he was passing by. Sadly the kids parents were lunatics and Favara was doomed. When I read that article from Scott Favara my heat goes out to that Family

He knew exactly how much trouble he was in, he was warned by Ettore Zappi, applied for and received a Concealed Carry Weapons permit and had purchased a gun. So how was he unaware of the life threatening situation he was in, in fact he was somewhat casual about responding, actually. He could've gotten a loan to move out and pay it back after selling the house, he could've gotten rid of the car the next day, he could have better armed himself given that he chose to remain at his house and in close proximity to the family of the child whose death he contributed to. Also, screw that victim shit, these guys weren't Seal Team Six or SAS or Spetsnatz. They were a bunch of overweight, out of shape soft street thugs who only succeeded in ambushes against unaware victims.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017432
08/04/21 06:12 PM
08/04/21 06:12 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Not saying he was totally unaware. He obviously had his antenna up but he did t think they would go that far over an unfortunate accident. He didn’t think he would be assaulted after trying to apologize. Like I said in a previous post real life it’s not like the movies

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: TonyBombassolo] #1017435
08/04/21 06:18 PM
08/04/21 06:18 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by TonyBombassolo
Answers for me are

Dominick Ragucci

and

Giuseppe Di Matteo

. Yeah like I mentioned in my OP the Ragucci killing really showed the true brutal nature of the mafia. Kid was just 18 years old trying to work his way through college and ends up chased by probably the most fear led mob guy in NY at the time and absolutely obliterated with bullets.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: jace] #1017461
08/04/21 09:21 PM
08/04/21 09:21 PM
L
Louiebynochi Offline
Banned
Louiebynochi  Offline
Banned
L
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace
The account by Vcki Gotti published by the New York Post isn't as kind as Junior's.

METRO
By Post Staff Report

TRAGIC LOSS: Frankie Gotti n mom Victoria's lap surrounded by siblings (clockwise from above left) Angel, John and Victoria. The boy was fatally mowed down on his bike at the age of 12 by a driver on March 18, 1980. The driver, a neighbor of the family, vanished months later.
Released from prison in 1977, John Gotti was quickly rising through the ranks of the Gambino crime family on his way to becoming “boss of all bosses.” Even in his home life, the underworld big shot knew how to throw his weight around. When his second son, Frankie, didn’t make the cut of his school football team, Gotti visited the coach, and later that day, the decision was reversed. But on March 18, 1980, as Frankie anticipated joining the team, Gotti family members’ lives would be changed forever. Here, in the second of four installments from Victoria Gotti’s new memoir, “This Family of Mine,” is the story of their tragic loss. Click here to see the Gotti family photo album.

The day before his first foot ball practice, March 18, 1980, my little brother Frankie, 12, was so excited he couldn’t eat or sleep. He took a shower and came running into my room and asked if he could borrow my hair dryer.

I, too, was in a rush. He was so impatient that he left the house with wet hair.

Later that afternoon, after school, he met a few neighborhood friends and went out to play. He couldn’t wait to tell them the news. He’d finally made the team.

I stopped and said something to him like, “It’s late and you know you have to be home for dinner at 5 or Mommy will be pissed.”

Mom was in the kitchen, preparing dinner and feeding my baby brother, Peter, then 4 years old. I ran upstairs to quickly change and head back to the kitchen to do my usual chores. I also relieved Mom and finished feeding Peter.

The phone rang four times before I was able to pick up the receiver. “Vicki, this is Marie Lucisano — your brother’s had an accident. Don’t worry.”

Just as I was frantically tying my shoes, my mother came flying down the stairs sensing something was wrong.

“Frankie’s been hit by a car. Marie Lucisano called. It happened in front of her house,” I said.

Before I could even stand up, Mom was running the four or so blocks to the Lucisanos’ house on 87th Street. The ambulance was already on the scene and things were far worse than just a broken leg.

My brother had borrowed another kid’s minibike and was riding in a construction site near the side of the road. But that dreadful day, a drunken driver was speeding down the avenue and struck my brother.

The driver dragged him some 200 feet before angry neighbors stopped the car, pounced on his hood, and stopped him from crossing the avenue.

“Don’t you even realize you have a kid under the wheels of your f- – -in’ car?” one neighbor, Ted Friedman, recalled yelling out.

According to the neighbor, the driver, John Favara, then stopped the car. Another neighbor reached in and grabbed his keys, shutting the ignition off and pointed to my brother’s near-lifeless body under the front wheels.

My brother’s blood seemed to leave a trail down the entire block, leading up to the now-parked car.

Favara jumped from the car and started yelling, “What the f- – – was he doing in the street?”

According to the neighbor, “The driver of the car was angry, not remorseful.” Ted Friedman later told me the guy was belligerent — a real a- -hole until he realized the kid trapped under his wheels was John Gotti’s son. Favara then appeared to be “dazed and confused,” according to eyewitnesses.

My mother ran to Frankie, knelt and was cradling his head, screaming his name over and over, “Frankie, it’s Mommy — can you hear me? Frankie, Mommy’s here.”

Of all the things she could remember, it was “the look of abject fear in his eyes.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2009/09/28/gotti-the-day-our-boy-was-stolen-away/amp/

There are witnesses who went on record in this story, I go by this account of how it went down. Everything else is speculation

You do understand how a police report works or did your non exsistent husband not explain it to you. If there were eye witnesses that saw this. They would have told the police..these were legit neighbors, they wouldn’t have kept it to themselves and then conspired with the Gottis to murder Favara...in the police report The Friedman’s told the police the driver did nothing wrong...Victoria Gotti is just trying to explain away her dad murdering an innocent man... They claim how great of a man they’re father was and how loyal he was and how he loved other races but in the prison tapes which was Gotti Sr interacting with his grown children. He trashes Jewish people, blacks by calling them ni**ers, he threatens to murder an 8 year old and cut his tongue out , he tells his own 8 year old grandkid he will give him a ass kicking he will never forget becuase he wouldn’t agree with Gotti Sr that anyone that plays professional sports is a Garbage Pail...not once did Victoria say to Gotti Sr..dad your acting so out of character today..they say he was a great husband and father...he had loads of girlfriends, wasn’t home cause he was out fucking them, couldn’t spend time with his kids cause he was fucking his other girlfriend and having a kid with her....and when he wasn’t doing that, he was either killing people, gambling or doing time in prison...deep down and they may not admit it to the public or maybe even themselves but deep down they hate and resent him...

Last edited by Louiebynochi; 08/04/21 09:23 PM.

A March 1986 raid on DiBernardo's office seized alleged "child pornography and financial records." As "a result of the Postal Inspectors seizures [a federal prosecutor] is attempting to indict DiBernardo on child pornography violations" according to an FBI memo dated May 20, 1986.
Thousands of pages of FBI Files that document his involvement in Child Porn
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/star-distributors-ltd-46454/
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/0...s-Miporn-investigation-of/7758361252800/
https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/1526052/united-states-v-dibernardo/
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: Louiebynochi] #1017462
08/04/21 09:33 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Louiebynochi

METRO
By Post Staff Report

You do understand how a police report works or did your non exsistent husband not explain it to you. If there were eye witnesses that saw this. They would have told the police..these were legit neighbors, they wouldn’t have kept it to themselves and then conspired with the Gottis to murder Favara...in the police report The Friedman’s told the police the driver did nothing wrong...Victoria Gotti is just trying to explain away her dad murdering an innocent man... They claim how great of a man they’re father was and how loyal he was and how he loved other races but in the prison tapes which was Gotti Sr interacting with his grown children. He trashes Jewish people, blacks by calling them ni**ers, he threatens to murder an 8 year old and cut his tongue out , he tells his own 8 year old grandkid he will give him a ass kicking he will never forget becuase he wouldn’t agree with Gotti Sr that anyone that plays professional sports is a Garbage Pail...not once did Victoria say to Gotti Sr..dad your acting so out of character today..they say he was a great husband and father...he had loads of girlfriends, wasn’t home cause he was out fucking them, couldn’t spend time with his kids cause he was fucking his other girlfriend and having a kid with her....and when he wasn’t doing that, he was either killing people, gambling or doing time in prison...deep down and they may not admit it to the public or maybe even themselves but deep down they hate and resent him...

My "non existentnt husband? You did this crap twice in this topic, I'll get a warning though. What BS. Did I mention you? Did I say a damn thing to you? I don't even address you, I have not done so in days, maybe more. Geoff the blind says he can't see these things, Turnbull ignores it, then I get warned. Knock this crap off.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: Louiebynochi] #1017463
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss

METRO
By Post Staff Report

. Exactly Louie. As we know the Gotti’s aren’t exactly known for their honesty 😂. But like we have both mentioned Junior himself has disputed his sister’s crazy claims. Also you’re right about Gotti as a father. He spent his time either in jail or on the streets killing, robbing, scheming, and sleeping around. They may not admit it publicly but He was an awful father. I think even Junior said something up to the effect of “My father couldn’t have lived me if he pushed me into this treacherous life”

Last edited by JCrusher; 08/04/21 09:50 PM.
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017472
08/05/21 05:59 AM
08/05/21 05:59 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Clearly, the article she wrote is to justify her families murder of Favara. John Gotti was a product of his environment, same as the thugs who now reside in E. New York. Although he was able to rise out of it, he did so by embracing the worst characteristics of the area and by doing so, allowed it to permeate the culture of his home and family. Though Gotti made sure his children were well educated, any aspirations to the military, civil service or politics were deflected towards the lifestyle he had chosen for himself and his family.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017475
08/05/21 07:43 AM
08/05/21 07:43 AM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Absolutely the article was just a way to justify his murder in her mind and paint him as a horrible remorseless human being even though that is nonsense.

Last edited by JCrusher; 08/05/21 07:43 AM.
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017478
08/05/21 08:46 AM
08/05/21 08:46 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
The mob has never hurt anyone innocent. It's against their rules. They have ethics and honor.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #1017481
08/05/21 09:11 AM
08/05/21 09:11 AM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
The mob has never hurt anyone innocent. It's against their rules. They have ethics and honor

. Completely False. Dominick Ragucci? Nicky Guido? Ethics and honor? That made me laugh 😂. People have literally given tons of examples on this thread about innocent victims in America and in Italy

Last edited by JCrusher; 08/05/21 09:25 AM.
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017618
08/07/21 05:26 PM
08/07/21 05:26 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
No matter what side of the fence you’re on it’s pretty clear from all the examples people have given that regular innocent citizens certainly are not “off limits”.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017688
08/08/21 10:54 AM
08/08/21 10:54 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
The mob has never hurt anyone innocent. It's against their rules. They have ethics and honor

. Completely False. Dominick Ragucci? Nicky Guido? Ethics and honor? That made me laugh 😂. People have literally given tons of examples on this thread about innocent victims in America and in Italy

Both were killed by accident, both were tragic, but not done on purpose. Dominick Ragucci is a sad story, but Demeo was acting on his own, not as a Cosa Nostra member when he mistook Ragucci for a Cuban hitman who he thought was stalking him. Innocents are off limits by rules, but those 2 were mistaken identity. It is tragic either way.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017690
08/08/21 11:51 AM
08/08/21 11:51 AM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
The Ragucci and Nicky Guido killings along with many others really showed how ruthless the mob truly is. Obviously many have commented on what happened to the Favara family is truly sad.

Last edited by JCrusher; 08/08/21 11:52 AM.
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017694
08/08/21 12:52 PM
08/08/21 12:52 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
The Ragucci and Nicky Guido killings along with many others really showed how ruthless the mob truly is. Obviously many have commented on what happened to the Favara family is truly sad.

I pointed out that they were not on purpose, or in the Ragucci case done on orders of the mob, but by a rough DeMeo. If the bosses were ordering civilians killed that is one thing, and you may give one example. What happened in the cases cited were not that. I said they were tragic. Even Favara was done without approval by Gotti, and as you or another here said, Favara went to a mobster he worked for instead of getting police protection, which h he turned down, and was told to get a gun and strike first.
He apparently was not the civilian he has been portrayed to be.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: JCrusher] #1017695
08/08/21 12:57 PM
08/08/21 12:57 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
From another poster on page 7:

"Ettore Zappi had a piece of the Castro Convertible furniture store that Favara worked at as a manager, Favara approached him after he was assaulted while trying to apologize to the Gotti's. Zappi advised him to leave town or get a gun and kill John Gotti"

That does not sound like something a civilian would do. Plus he was close enough to Etore Zappi for them to have that conversation, he was no innocent civilian. I'm glad this thread continued, we learn more as we go along.

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: Louiebynochi] #1017697
08/08/21 01:23 PM
08/08/21 01:23 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Favara son whose dad accidentally killed Gotti boy has no grave to visit this Father's Day
By DAVID J. KRAJICEK
SPECIAL TO THE NEWS |
JUN 19, 2011 AT 4:00 AM

The story of John Favara's termination begins and ends with a blind spot.

Favara was a decent, working man from Howard Beach, Queens. He labored at the Castro Convertibles factory in New Hyde Park, L.I.

He and his wife, Janet, were loving parents of two adopted kids. They raised them on 86th St. in Howard Beach, a middle-class neighborhood roped off from the rest of Queens by the Belt Parkway.

Favara's back-fence neighbors were John and Victoria Gotti, parents of five children. His son, Scott, was a sleep-over buddy with the oldest of the three Gotti boys, Junior.

On March 18, 1980, Favara finished his shift at Castro and drove the 13 miles home. He turned off Cross Bay Blvd. onto 157th Ave. - and into the glare of the setting sun.

Ten minutes earlier, Frank Gotti, 12, had jumped on the minibike of a neighbor kid named Kevin McMahon. He buzzed up and down the streets and sidewalks, an elated boy astride an engine.

Six blocks from home, young Gotti motored through a home renovation job site on 157th Ave., where a construction dumpster was parked at the curb.

The boy drove the minibike into the street, just beyond the dumpster and into the sun-glare blind spot of Favara.

It was a tragic fatal accident.

In 1980, John Gotti was still five years away from front-page infamy. But Favara was well aware of Gotti's rising-star mob status.

By all reasonable accounts, he was horrified at having played a role in a child's death - whether he was a Gotti or not.

But the Gottis lived by their own rules, and authorities say that John Gotti's wife, Victoria, demanded an eye for an eye.

Two days after the accident, a woman called the local police precinct to announce that Favara would be "eliminated." Favara thought it was absurd when cops warned him. Those things only happen in movies, he said.

But he began getting anonymous threats by phone and mail. Victoria Gotti glowered across the back fence, incensed that Favara continued to drive the car that had killed her son.

A photo of Frank Gotti and a Mass card from his funeral were planted in Favara's mailbox. On May 22, someone spray-painted "MURDERER" on his car.

Favara sought advice from a boyhood friend whose father was a mob captain. He urged Favara to get rid of his car and leave Howard Beach - urgently.

Victoria Gotti delivered an exclamation point on May 28 when she clubbed him with a baseball bat in his driveway.

He put his house up for sale, and a buyer quickly materialized. The legal paperwork was expedited, and a closing was scheduled for the last day of July.

On July 25, John and Victoria Gotti left New York for a Florida vacation.

After work on July 28, Favara walked from the furniture factory to a diner two blocks away where he parked his car. A gang accosted him in the parking lot. He was shot, clubbed and wrangled into a van that sped off.

The man and his car were gone for good.

Detectives spoke with the Gottis when they returned from Florida on Aug. 4.

"I don't know what happened to him," Victoria said, "but I'm not sorry if something did. He never sent me a card. He never apologized. He never even got his car fixed." Her husband added with a shrug, "He killed my kid."

Over the years, mob stool pigeons offered a number of stories about Favara's fate - that he was buried in a Mafia graveyard in Ozone Park or entombed in concrete and dumped at sea.

The prevailing version now holds that mobster Charles Carneglia dissolved the poor man's remains in a barrel of acid in his macabre basement workshop. John Gotti's brother, Gene, is believed to have been among the mob button men who abducted and killed Favara.

To this day, the Gotti family has its own blind spot about the wreck, and it has embellished the details to suit its rationalizations of Favara's murder.

Police investigated and concluded that the driver had done nothing wrong.

But family wordsmith Victoria Gotti, Frank's sister, claims that Favara was drunk and speeding, that he had dragged the victim 200 feet, and then cursed him when he finally stopped. She said Favara also taunted her mother with "smug" grins over the fence.

"It's human nature to want revenge against someone that hurts those you love," she wrote. "I only wish Favara had shown some remorse - some respect. I believe he would be alive today if he had."

His clan will pay respects today to John Gotti, who died of cancer in prison in 2002. He lies beside son Frank in the Cloister Mausoleum at St. John's Cemetery in Queens, where he has lots of like-minded company - Lucky Luciano, Joe Profaci, Vito Genovese, Joe Colombo, Carlo Gambino and Carmine Galante.

John Favara was declared legally dead long ago. His widow, Janet, died in 2000. Their son, Scott, continues to battle the warped idea that his father deserved Gotti-inspired termination.

"He was a great man, more than anyone would ever know," Scott Favara told the Daily News a few years ago.

And today, for the 30th consecutive Father's Day, Scott Favara has no grave to visit

. Yeah this article is one of the saddest ones. I think I mentioned Scott may have become I cop but I’m not sure. But yeah just bad luck that they happened to be next door neighbors with a maniac

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: jace] #1017722
08/09/21 01:28 AM
08/09/21 01:28 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

You do understand how a police report works or did your non exsistent husband not explain it to you...

My "non existentnt husband? You did this crap twice in this topic, I'll get a warning though. What BS. Did I mention you? Did I say a damn thing to you? I don't even address you, I have not done so in days, maybe more. Geoff the blind says he can't see these things, Turnbull ignores it, then I get warned. Knock this crap off.

I'm really getting tired of this petty bullshit! I've warned you BOTH (and everyone) before, but apparently I'm not the only "blind" one, huh? Louie, stay on topic and stop with the jabs -- for the last freakin' time -- or that'll be that for you, or anyone else (including jace)!! Or use the IGNORE feature in your settings and you'll never see the person again, how about that? rolleyes

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: jace] #1017740
08/09/21 02:08 PM
08/09/21 02:08 PM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss

"Ettore Zappi had a piece of the Castro Convertible furniture store that Favara worked at as a manager, Favara approached him after he was assaulted while trying to apologize to the Gotti's. Zappi advised him to leave town or get a gun and kill John Gotti"

That does not sound like something a civilian would do. Plus he was close enough to Etore Zappi for them to have that conversation, he was no innocent civilian. I'm glad this thread continued, we learn more as we go along.

Yes, he was an innocent civilian. Being given advice does not make you guilty of anything. What a ridiculous thing to say.

He was a victim of circumstances due to a tragic accident. The mafia are bad people. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Last edited by alicecooper; 08/09/21 02:21 PM.
Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: alicecooper] #1017741
08/09/21 02:12 PM
08/09/21 02:12 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss

Yes, he was an innocent civilian. Being given advice does not make you guilty of anything. What a ridiculous thing to

. Exactly. Great Post!!!

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: jace] #1017744
08/09/21 02:49 PM
08/09/21 02:49 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305

I'm fine with you questioning my post, that's what this site is all about, discussing events that occurred with numerous perspectives on the same event(s).
Fact is Favara had a long relationship with Zappi.
"Favara was also a childhood friend of Gambino crime family caporegime Ettore Zappi, although he chose to remain legitimate.." https://historica.fandom.com/wiki/John_Favara
"https://thenewyorkmafia.com/2019/10/20/ettore-zappi/

Re: Saddest story when a civilian was a mob victim? [Re: CNote] #1017750
08/09/21 04:31 PM
08/09/21 04:31 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

I'm fine with you questioning my post, that's what this site is all about, discussing events that occurred with numerous perspectives on the same event(s).
Fact is Favara had a long relationship with Zappi.
"Favara was also a childhood friend of Gambino crime family caporegime Ettore Zappi, although he chose to remain legitimate.." https://historica.fandom.com/wiki/John_Favara
"https://thenewyorkmafia.com/2019/10/20/ettore-zappi/

I was not questioning it CNote. I believe it.

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull