GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Irishman12, 2 invisible), 280 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,657
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,188
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,519
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,390
Posts1,059,942
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8431
05/07/04 02:26 PM
05/07/04 02:26 PM
New York
Stylistic Offline OP
Button
Stylistic  Offline OP
Button
New York
Don Vito - "You can act like a MAN!!!"

Michael - "Only don't tell me you're innocent...It insults my intelligence, makes me very angry."

Sollozzo - "Yeah, well...let ME worry about Luca."

Sonny - "Wudda you think this is the army where ya shoot em a mile away???"

Clemenza - "Awww Paulie, won't see him no more."

Woltz - Whole dinner room monologue.

Hagen - "Sollozzo might not even be in the car SONNY!"

Fredo - "POPPA!!!"

"...and then Johnny Fontane comes along with his olive oil voice, and guinea charm..."
Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8432
05/07/04 09:10 PM
05/07/04 09:10 PM
London
The Hollywood Finochio Offline
The Don
The Hollywood Finochio  Offline
The Don
Underboss
London
Michael - You have to answer for Santino, Carlo!

Sonny - Son of a bitch - SONOFABITCH
- There aint gonna be no stalemate - im gonna end it by killin that old Bastard - Im gonna kill......

Don Vito - And if of course a man like yourself should make enemies then they would become my enemies - and then they will fear you!

Tessio - THE LOOK! (Greatest scene in film history) followed by 'Can't you get me off the hook, for old times sake

Clemenza - Paulie, wont see him no more

Fredo - Anything for you kid, anything!

Paulie - Twenty- Thirty-grand. In small bills, cash. In that little silk purse. Madon', if this was someone else's wedding

Tommasino - Bad news from America, your brother Santino was killed

Fabrizio - Take me to the America

Connie - You Lousy cold hearted bastard

Barzini - The trafficking of drugs will be permitted but controlled

Philip Tattaglia - But I must have strict assurance from Corleone -- as time goes by and his position becomes stronger, will he attempt any individual vendetta?

Carlo - Clean it up i said, CLEAN IT UP

Bruno Tattaglia - Su bequero Scotch? Pre-war...

Tom Hagen - Now he's definitely on Sollozzo's payroll, and for big money. McCluskey has agreed to be the Turk's bodyguard. What you have to understand, Sonny, is that while Sollozzo is being guarded like this, he is invulnerable. Now nobody has ever gunned down a New York police captain -- never. It would be disastrous. All the Five Families would come after you, Sonny.
The Corleone Family would be outcasts! Even the old man's political protection would run
for cover! So do me a favor -- take this into consideration

Moe Green - I buy you out, you dont buy me out

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please
Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8433
05/09/04 12:39 AM
05/09/04 12:39 AM
washington dc
sonof70s Offline
Button
sonof70s  Offline
Button
washington dc
Michael: "Don't ask me about my business Kay"

Sonny: "Son of a Bitch, son of a bitch!"

Woltz: " she was the best piece of a__ I've ever had..."

Vito: Not even a line. The sigh of grief after Tom tells him that Sonny is dead.

McCluskey: "He's clean"

Connie: "No!" (after pulling away from Michael's hug after she confronts him for killing Carlo)

"...for old times' sake?"
Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8434
05/09/04 08:46 AM
05/09/04 08:46 AM
juventus Offline
Underboss
juventus  Offline
Underboss
Sonny:
Whatya gonna do? Nice college boy, eh? Don't wanna get mixed up in the family business? Now you wanna gun down a police captain because he slapped you in the face a little bit, huh? Whataya think this is, the Army, where you shoot 'em a mile away? You gotta get up close like this... badaBING! you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit. C'mere... you're taking this very personal

Micheal: We'll get there pap, we'll get there.

Vito: dancing on the strings, held by all those....big shots.

Moe Green: Do you know who I am?! I'm Moe Green!

Jack Woltz: And then Johnny Fontane comes along with his olive oil voice, and guinea charm.

Sally Tessio: Can't you get me off the hook, for old times sake

Tom Hagen: Can't do it Sally

Peter Clemenza: Leave the gun, take the Cannoli.

Paulie Gatto: 20, 30 grand. In small bills cash. In that little silk purse. Madon', if this was someone else's wedding. s'fortunato (?)

'This was just another Bronx tale.'
Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8435
05/09/04 10:15 AM
05/09/04 10:15 AM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
Sollozzo - I hate violence Tom, Blood is a big expense

McCluskey - Ive frisked a thousand young bums

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please
Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8436
05/09/04 04:02 PM
05/09/04 04:02 PM
juventus Offline
Underboss
juventus  Offline
Underboss
Originally posted by The Hollywood Finochio:
Sollozzo - I hate violence Tom, Blood is a big expense

McCluskey - Ive frisked a thousand young bums
yes, that one of sollozzo was also very good!

'This was just another Bronx tale.'
Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8437
05/10/04 07:29 AM
05/10/04 07:29 AM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
How about this for the turk

- What guarantees can i give you, I am the hunted one! You think too much of me kid, im not that clever

also i like

- Make time consigliere

Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8438
05/10/04 09:49 AM
05/10/04 09:49 AM
New York
Stylistic Offline OP
Button
Stylistic  Offline OP
Button
New York
The Turk is perhaps my favorite character in the movie...his role was so fitting, and Lettieri was exceptional in that role...His menacing appearance, with that gruff, smooth voice...all hs lines were notable...

one of my favorites...

"Wudda ya worried about? If I wanted to kill you, youd be dead already."

"...and then Johnny Fontane comes along with his olive oil voice, and guinea charm..."
Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8439
05/10/04 10:48 AM
05/10/04 10:48 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
GFI: Woltz: "I don't care how many daigo, guinea, wop, greasball goombahs come out of the wordwork."

GFII: Roth: "I heard you had some trouble. Stupid - people behaving like that with guns."

GFIII: After Vincent shots Zasa: "Joey..Zasa."

Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8440
05/10/04 11:18 AM
05/10/04 11:18 AM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
is that really your fave GFII line?, there are so many better ones

Pentangeli - only if they went back and killed themselves??

Mike - I know it was you Fredo, you broke my heart, you broke my heart

Fredo - Im you're older brother mike and i was stepped over!

need i go on?

As for the Turk i agree he was definitely great, the brash way he talks to the don makes me die, what bottle!

- I want a million in cash, i want the politicians that you carry around in your pocket like so many nickels and dimes.

Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8441
05/10/04 11:44 AM
05/10/04 11:44 AM
New York
Stylistic Offline OP
Button
Stylistic  Offline OP
Button
New York
Hey Hollywood Finnochio...you stated one of your favorite lines was when Bruno Tattaglia says <i>"Su bequero Scotch? Pre-war...</i>

I know what script you got this information from, but that script is incorrect...What Bruno actually says is "Un bicchiere de Skotch?"

Which in Italian means "A glass of skotch?"

There were a few incorrect Italian translations in the online Godfather skript. A friend here at work who was born in Sicily and speaks Sicilian told me what was really being said, and annunciated each phrase for me...Including the whole bar scene with Luca...the script as alot of flaws in that aspect

Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8442
05/10/04 03:47 PM
05/10/04 03:47 PM
california
Robo Offline
Made Member
Robo  Offline
Made Member
california
i started looking over the script and choosing my favorite lines and it just kept growing. sorry its so long, and yet there is still so much i couldve put on there.

PAULIE:Twenty- Thirty-grand. In small bills, cash. In that little silk purse. Madon', if this was someone else's wedding, sfortunato

MICHAEL:His name is Luca Brasi -- an' he helps my father out sometimes.

MICHAEL:My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.....Luca Brasi held a gun to his head, and my father assured him that either his brains -- or his signature -- would be on the contract....That's a true story...That's my family, Kay. It's not me.

VITO CORLEONE:Why do you come to me? Why do I deserve this generosity?

SOLLOZZO:If you consider a million dollars in cash just finance, te salute, Don Corleone.

CLEMENZA:Well think about it while you're drivin', will ya? I wanna hit New York sometime this month.

MICHAEL:Just lie here, Pop. I'll take care of you now. I'm with you now. I'm with you...

SONNY:What did he say -- Badda-beep, badda-bap, badda-boop, badda-beep -- He wants us to send Michael here to proposition. And the promise is, that the deal is so good, that we can't refuse. Eh...

MICHAEL:They wanna have a meeting with me, right? It will be me -- McCluskey -- and Sollozzo. Let's set the meeting. Get our informers to find out where it's gonna be held. Now, we insist it's a public place -- a bar, a restaurant -- some place where there's people so I feel safe. They're gonna search me when I first meet them, right, so I can't have a weapon on me then. But if Clemenza can figure a way -- to have a weapon planted there for me -- then I'll kill 'em both.

SONNY:Hey, whataya gonna do, nice college boy, eh? Didn't want to get mixed up in the Family
business, huh? Now you wanna gun down a police captain, why, because he slapped ya in the face a little bit? Hah? What do you think this is the Army, where you shoot'em a mile away? You've gotta get up close like this and bada-bing! you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit. Come're...

MICHAEL:It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business

MICHAEL:Sit down, finish my dinner...

SONNY:Sonofabitch! Sonofabitch!

VITO:But I'm a superstitious man -- and if some unlucky accident should befall him -- if he should get shot in the head by a police officer -- or if he -- should hang himself in his jail cell -- or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning -- then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room. And that, I do not forgive.

MICHAEL:Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence -- and makes me very angry...

MICHAEL:She's hysterical -- hysterical.
KAY:Michael, is it true?
MICHAEL:Don't ask me about my business, Kay...
KAY:Is it true?
MICHAEL:Don't ask me about my business...
KAY:No.
MICHAEL:Enough! Alright. This one time-- this one time I'll let you ask me about my affairs...
KAY:Is it true? -- Is it?
MICHAEL:No.

MICHAEL:Is that why you slapped my brother around in public?

FREDO:Aw now that -- that was nothin', Mike. Now -- Now uh Moe didn't mean nothin' by that. Sure he flies off the handle once in a while, but Moe and me -- we're good friends, right Moe? Huh?

MICHAEL:Fredo -- you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever.

In my home! In my bedroom, where my wife sleeps! Where my children come and play with their toys. In my home.
Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 #8443
05/10/04 08:39 PM
05/10/04 08:39 PM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
I would be so bold as to say that EVERY line is a classic, it is definitely THE most memorable and Flawless Script ive have ever heard, full of superb rich dialogue and wonderful lines, it makes me proud every time i see it, just that i know it my favourite things, as long as im alive all always have this to treasure (over the top?? i dont think so)

Stylistic to answer your question i cut and pasted Bruno's line from JGeoffs site script

More Lines

Sonny - You ok Paulie? you want summit to eat or drink? (paulie leaves) Paulie sold out the old man, that stronz, i dont wanna see him again

Sollozzo - Talk to the caporegimes That Tessio and FAT clemenza

Sollozzo - sonny was hot for my idea wasnt he

Moe Greene - The corleone family wants to buy me out! I buy you out, you dont me out! (I LOVE that line, and i use variations of it all the time)

Moe Greene - You think you can come to my hotel and take over?

Clemenza - Don corleone (last words in film!)

Vito - That is not Justice - your daughter is still alive

Sonny - Goddam FBI, dont respect nothin.

Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 [Re: The Hollywood Finochio] #540853
05/17/09 08:44 AM
05/17/09 08:44 AM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
Sollozzo - Well that's bad luck for me! And bad luck for you if you don't make that deal!!

Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 [Re: The Hollywood Finochio] #540861
05/17/09 11:01 AM
05/17/09 11:01 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: The Hollywood Finochio
Sollozzo - Well that's bad luck for me! And bad luck for you if you don't make that deal!!

I never understood why not making the deal would be bad luck for Tom.

Vito: "... and then they will fear you."

Last edited by olivant; 05/17/09 11:03 AM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Favorite lines from each character in Part 1 [Re: olivant] #540876
05/17/09 01:11 PM
05/17/09 01:11 PM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
Cos sollozzo will have him killed

"we're gonna be bigger than us steel"

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull