GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 339 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Johnny keys [Re: Serpiente] #1008252
03/24/21 12:43 PM
03/24/21 12:43 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by Serpiente
South : Yeah really really need someone with the knowledge to get Phil & Sammy together and ask these questions..... there is definitely something we don’t know..... and no doubt Keys was not trusting anyone but NY wanted North Jersey & Trenton areas book .... how it all came down we won’t know until someone asks the right questions....

Drives me crazy there are only a few things thats not known and they have them Phil &. Sammy and they are not getting any younger.... you see Sammy can not put stuff together.... i get it .... i have a hard time with stuff that was just everyday...that i had no clue was going to mean anything.

As per usual the only guy alive who might know the entire story is Bobby Manna. Although I’d trust Leonetti’s version of events more than Gravanos embellishments. I’m curious if Gravano continues by talking about Frankie Stale or the sit downs over Cherry Hill.

Btw I heard through the grapevine that Johnny Keys widow just recently passed away.

Last edited by southshorekid; 03/24/21 12:48 PM.
Re: Johnny keys [Re: southshorekid] #1008261
03/24/21 04:12 PM
03/24/21 04:12 PM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by southshorekid
Originally Posted by Lenox
Southshorekid

Question.. on the Seaside Heights NJ boardwalk, there is an arcade called “ Pal Joeys”.. been there for years, since the 70’s at least. Does that belong to Pal Joey of the Gambino’s when he was alive?

Not to my knowledge but it certainly could have been. Seaside, Belmar and Point Pleasant are the big day trip shore towns for that area. This is mostly before my time so no doubt I’m missing a lot. No surprise that a lot changed when they started dying of old age in the late 90s early 2000s. Trenton was an area where a bunch of made guys from different brugads managed to stay relatively under the radar. It’s like a lost history and that’s why I’m not naming anybody who isn’t already well known to have been in the life. But there were a lot of wise guys, especially around Chambersburg and North Trenton. Those neighborhoods were old school “I didn’t see nothin” kind of places where the 100 year old great grandmother played the numbers every day. Like everywhere else that’s all gone now. I’m not sure there were ever more than half a dozen made guys at any one time in the area - Nicky Russo, Pal Joey, Anthony Tassone, Daylight Tramontana, Sam the Plumber, Johnny Keyes, Pappy Ippolito and his son, Pinky Costello and his sons, Reds Pontani, and some others I’m less sure of. But there were also hundreds of serious guys on record with them.

I live in the area (live a couple minutes from the golf course where they kidnapped Keys) and know there is still a lot of gambling (not sure who exactly as I'm not involved but you always hear things). Any idea if they are still kicking up to anyone in Philly/NY? Also heard there are some pretty violent Russians operating out of a bar in the Polish area by St Hedwigs.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Lenox] #1008265
03/24/21 04:55 PM
03/24/21 04:55 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
@Baldo

I don’t get down that way much anymore and don’t want to speculate. The last guy in that area that I heard was made with Philly was Tony Gag. He lived in Hamilton and died about 10 years ago. I don’t know for sure he was a friend though. Another guy from Hamilton people used to hint at being made was Mickey DiMattia. I HIGHLY doubt that he was, but as desperate as some of these crews are now he might have made his bones with the Sam Vasta hit and got proposed. He’s dead now too (drug deal gone wrong). One of the Gambinos I mentioned here had two young grandsons that were active in some capacity. He’s dead. One of them is dead. I think the other one (his cousin) got some serious time a few years ago for dealing. I’m guessing he’s still in the can somewhere (EDIT - actually I checked the DOC and it looks like he got parole when the corona happened last spring). Most of the known Trenton wise guys (except for the 2 Michaels and a few others) didn’t bring their kids into the life. They did it right made their money and their kids and grandkids are legit professionals and business owners.

If there’s gambling in NJ, someone is kicking up still you can be sure of that. Except the off the boat clientele like the Polish and Russians. Both those groups had deep connections to Brooklyn and probably still do. They aren’t to be fucked with and are big in the heroin scene. But again they pretty much stick with their own kind as far as I know. I know what bar you are referring to though.

Last edited by southshorekid; 03/24/21 05:16 PM.
Re: Johnny keys [Re: southshorekid] #1008267
03/24/21 05:40 PM
03/24/21 05:40 PM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
Good info. It ever come out why Sam Vasta was killed? I had heard one rumor that some people thought he might of been informing. Like you said, I doubt Dimattia was made. I had heard third hand that he did some time with Barney (again, don't take my word for it) but that doesn't mean anything (doubt the westside was looking to recruit him).

Where did you live? Trenton, Hamilton, elsewhere?

Re: Johnny keys [Re: baldo] #1008271
03/24/21 06:01 PM
03/24/21 06:01 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
@Baldo

I don’t know why. I don’t know who he was with either. DiMattia wasn’t Westside material in my opinion. I never met him personally and don’t know who he was with. But he was an unstable crackhead based on a few people I know who did used to be involved with him.

Staten Island. I never lived down there just had some family... Chambersburg Ewing and Hamilton.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Lenox] #1008302
03/24/21 11:30 PM
03/24/21 11:30 PM
L
leedogg215 Offline
Associate
leedogg215  Offline
L
Associate
No way Phil L goes the youtube podcast way , we see how he disguised himself in the past lol. Not many ppl have more stories then Bobby Manna that are alive. Was having a conversation with my brother who brought up a good point about why don't these old timers like Manna or even Chickie Chang ,grab Geroge A. and release a book upon their death. Take care of their family ,make up for some of the shit. SS come over to the North kid, too boring out there.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Lenox] #1008323
03/25/21 09:05 AM
03/25/21 09:05 AM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
Nothing organized in chambersburg, it went away just like Newark’s first ward and down neck, jersey city’s village. The shore barely hanging on. Gone gone gone The people’s italian bakery not as good anymore btw

Re: Johnny keys [Re: leedogg215] #1008329
03/25/21 11:06 AM
03/25/21 11:06 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by leedogg215
No way Phil L goes the youtube podcast way , we see how he disguised himself in the past lol. Not many ppl have more stories then Bobby Manna that are alive. Was having a conversation with my brother who brought up a good point about why don't these old timers like Manna or even Chickie Chang ,grab Geroge A. and release a book upon their death. Take care of their family ,make up for some of the shit. SS come over to the North kid, too boring out there.

I guess some still believe.... but i bet his kids are writing shit down ... who would of thought anything that went down in the old neighborhoods would matter 40 -60 years later on fourms and a place called YouTube.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Johnny keys [Re: majicrat] #1008333
03/25/21 01:07 PM
03/25/21 01:07 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by majicrat
Nothing organized in chambersburg, it went away just like Newark’s first ward and down neck, jersey city’s village. The shore barely hanging on. Gone gone gone The people’s italian bakery not as good anymore btw

It’s long over. And not just in NJ. Those neighborhoods and the mindsets don’t exist for Italian Americans anymore. You’d have to be crazy to get involved in the little bit that’s left since 2000 with all the technology. Cameras fucking everywhere these days.

I’m surprised peoples is even still there. All the old Italian joints in Trenton are now Honduran restaurants. In Brooklyn they’re Asian food. The Bloods and cartels aren’t scared of the mob. There’s just a respect for what it once was that still exists. When I tell stories about my great grandfather being a bootlegger, it’s like describing cowboys in the Wild West. Ancient history.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Lenox] #1008335
03/25/21 01:26 PM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
I'm still amazed when I hear of the random old Italian still living in the burg today. Probably can count them on one hand. Just wish the area didn't go so downhill. I remember driving by my old house there a couple years ago and it was boarded up.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: southshorekid] #1008336
D
DillyDolly Offline
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline
D
Underboss
Let's quit with the cameras are everywhere, cameras are everywhere but other gangs are still operating. I think it comes down to there's just nothing left, mob-wise.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Lenox] #1008345
03/25/21 03:16 PM
03/25/21 03:16 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
Dilly dolly is correct, the Italians just don’t have the recruiting pool or the heart anymore. Before I hear about the Sicilians, stop. Wasn’t Cali Sicilian? Connections back to old country! And nothing. The old days this guy that took him out would be dead or his family would be dead. The reason nothing happened is simple, no one willing to do it. No balls. All burb wannabes. This forum lives because of the past, not the future. Face it, we here on the forum only have the past to discuss the future is bleak, very very bleak

Re: Johnny keys [Re: majicrat] #1008351
03/25/21 04:18 PM
03/25/21 04:18 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Dilly dolly is correct, the Italians just don’t have the recruiting pool or the heart anymore. Before I hear about the Sicilians, stop. Wasn’t Cali Sicilian? Connections back to old country! And nothing. The old days this guy that took him out would be dead or his family would be dead. The reason nothing happened is simple, no one willing to do it. No balls. All burb wannabes. This forum lives because of the past, not the future. Face it, we here on the forum only have the past to discuss the future is bleak, very very bleak

The rules will change soon and the life will continue to fall apart.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: DillyDolly] #1008353
03/25/21 05:15 PM
03/25/21 05:15 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by DillyDolly
Let's quit with the cameras are everywhere, cameras are everywhere but other gangs are still operating. I think it comes down to there's just nothing left, mob-wise.

That’s my point... nothing left. Guys did YEARS in the past for doing things things that are completely legal now.

The immigrant mindset of keeping with your own and keeping your mouth shut is over for Italian Americans. There’s not enough zips coming over to have the closely guarded immigrant communities anymore. Not true for other ethnic groups.

But also technology. You can’t even cross the bridges without being videoed. Cleaning money is way harder than it was. Everybody has a cellphone collecting tons of data. Facial recognition software. Etc etc etc.

With technology today you’d be taking even bigger risks chasing a smaller and smaller reward. Personally... fuck that. I’m just a guy who was lucky enough to have something happen that caused me to wake up to the reality before I screwed my life up. I’m very grateful for that actually.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Lenox] #1008383
03/25/21 08:27 PM
03/25/21 08:27 PM
L
Lenox Offline OP
Underboss
Lenox  Offline OP
L
Underboss
I can just imagine an Italian guy walking into a business and shaking down the owner, only to have some spoiled punk with blue hair recording it all on his cell phone.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Lenox] #1008384
03/25/21 08:43 PM
03/25/21 08:43 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I can just imagine an Italian guy walking into a business and shaking down the owner, only to have some spoiled punk with blue hair recording it all on his cell phone.

This fucken new world is definitely worst then all the other fads ..... WTF did you young people do .... we held it together for a long time ....this is on young folks !!!😆

Last edited by Serpiente; 03/25/21 08:44 PM.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Serpiente] #1008386
03/25/21 08:53 PM
03/25/21 08:53 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by Serpiente

This fucken new world is definitely worst then all the other fads ..... WTF did you young people do .... we held it together for a long time ....this is on young folks !!!😆

Lol exactly

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Lenox] #1008389
03/25/21 09:13 PM
03/25/21 09:13 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

...and that kid w/ blue hair should have his ass kicked!!....

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Johnny keys [Re: majicrat] #1008418
03/26/21 04:18 AM
03/26/21 04:18 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss

This kid was a nut job. Not part of the life. It's not like a rival faction killed Cali. What would killing his innocent family do but draw heat. Even family members of made guys in American mob that ratted weren't targeted(except for Fat Pete's sister Patricia Cappazola) or associates family(except Joe Salerno Sr). The world has changed and the American Cosa Nostra is trying to adapt to survive. Darwinism

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Little_Frankie] #1008447
03/26/21 12:31 PM
03/26/21 12:31 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Little_Frankie
Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
Originally Posted by Little_Frankie
Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
Anyone know why the video was cut short ??

I'm sure it was just a cliffhanger for the next episode.

I thought the same but it doesn't seem that way..If you have to pay to see the whole video, I'll unsubscribe from his channel !!

He releases short stories randomly during the week and on Fridays he releases his official podcast. You can pay to get it on Tuesday commercial free or just wait till Friday for free on YouTube. I'd be surprised if he doesn't finish that story. It was a great one.

You were right pal...Good call !!

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Lenox] #1008456
03/26/21 02:39 PM
03/26/21 02:39 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
I think Sammy likes to toot his own horn a little too much. I can see Johnny Keys being resigned to his fate, but spending his last hours slavishly kissing Sammy's ass sounds like a bunch of crap. Sammy plays himself off as a reluctant murder nowadays, when in fact he was a greedy and conniving bastard who'd kill his best friend for his business. He's pulling one over on the people with limited knowledge of cosa nostra.

Last edited by GerryLang; 03/26/21 02:39 PM.
Re: Johnny keys [Re: GerryLang] #1008457
03/26/21 02:47 PM
03/26/21 02:47 PM
L
Lenox Offline OP
Underboss
Lenox  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Originally Posted by GerryLang
I think Sammy likes to toot his own horn a little too much. I can see Johnny Keys being resigned to his fate, but spending his last hours slavishly kissing Sammy's ass sounds like a bunch of crap. Sammy plays himself off as a reluctant murder nowadays, when in fact he was a greedy and conniving bastard who'd kill his best friend for his business. He's pulling one over on the people with limited knowledge of cosa nostra.

You are right. Sammy tries to come off as the “ compassionate gangster” who hated killing. He talks about cosa nostra as an honerable brotherhood when in fact it was a greedy brotherhood that cared about one thing and one thing only: Money !!!

He mentioned Jimmy Calandra but pronounced his name incorrectly and referred to them as the “ bath beach boys” which i thought sounded funny. I highly doubt he ever met or even heard of Calandra until recently. He must be plugging his name because Calandra has a book or podcast coming out.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Lenox] #1008460
03/26/21 03:32 PM
03/26/21 03:32 PM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline
Capo
Malavita  Offline
M
Capo
Paris

He mentioned Jimmy Calandra but pronounced his name incorrectly and referred to them as the “ bath beach boys” which i thought sounded funny. I highly doubt he ever met or even heard of Calandra until recently. He must be plugging his name because Calandra has a book or podcast coming out.

He did the same thing with John Alite and Gene Borello. He mispronounced "Borello" and said these two guys were his friends and he mentioned their podcast. I guess he is getting paid to promote other podcast or books because I don't see why he would care about Alite, Borello or Calendra.

That said, I enjoy his podcast very much.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Malavita] #1008466
03/26/21 04:35 PM
03/26/21 04:35 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Malavita

He did the same thing with John Alite and Gene Borello. He mispronounced "Borello" and said these two guys were his friends and he mentioned their podcast. I guess he is getting paid to promote other podcast or books because I don't see why he would care about Alite, Borello or Calendra.

That said, I enjoy his podcast very much.

Agreed in some of this .... look most went to third or forth grade .... yes they say sixth or eighth.... but these guys are street smart and many have extreme learning disabilities and cant read Alite ... he is going from memory and thats how it comes out .... i get he has to embellish so the story comes out good ... but these street guys made it to forth grade ... you know before they started not showing up .

Last edited by Serpiente; 03/26/21 04:36 PM.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: GerryLang] #1008483
03/26/21 07:42 PM
03/26/21 07:42 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by GerryLang
I think Sammy likes to toot his own horn a little too much. I can see Johnny Keys being resigned to his fate, but spending his last hours slavishly kissing Sammy's ass sounds like a bunch of crap.

He wouldn't get that emotional if it wasn't true, or he's a 10 times better con artist then Franzese....

That looked genuine to me...He was a soldier at the time, or maybe acting captain, in his 30's going to meet a heavy weight...

His videos are way above Franzese's...Where are Franzeses videos where he did anything close to this ?? All he talks about is how much money he made, his brother was a junkie, his father is to blame for making him a millionaire and he's only respectable guy....

Gravano is the only worthy subscriber

Re: Johnny keys [Re: Serpiente] #1008510
03/27/21 10:33 AM
03/27/21 10:33 AM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
@Serpiente

Hope you don’t mind me posting this here but I tried DM you and couldn’t. Saw somewhere here that you were involved in a business on Hamilton Ave near Trenton High and had a question for you. If you are able to DM me to start a conversation I’d really appreciate it.

Re: Johnny keys [Re: southshorekid] #1008511
03/27/21 10:56 AM
03/27/21 10:56 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by southshorekid
@Serpiente

Hope you don’t mind me posting this here but I tried DM you and couldn’t. Saw somewhere here that you were involved in a business on Hamilton Ave near Trenton High and had a question for you. If you are able to DM me to start a conversation I’d really appreciate it.

Years ago around that area .... but its private info ... nothing to do with OC ...strictly legitimate business.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull