GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, Lou_Para), 267 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,062
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,364
Posts1,059,430
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Four years from now - poll #78343
11/04/04 09:17 PM
11/04/04 09:17 PM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline OP
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline OP
Underboss
New York
Four years from now, which of the following will have occurred?

"A refusal is not the act of a friend"
Re: Four years from now - poll #78344
11/04/04 09:20 PM
11/04/04 09:20 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

whats the point of asking "Cheney dead?" I for one did not like that

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Four years from now - poll #78345
11/04/04 09:36 PM
11/04/04 09:36 PM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline OP
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline OP
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
whats the point of asking "Cheney dead?" I for one did not like that
Because W can then handpick brother Jeb as Vice President and Cheney has already had like 4 or 5 heart attacks.

Re: Four years from now - poll #78346
11/04/04 10:23 PM
11/04/04 10:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Oh boy! can we at least recover from the last 6 or 7 months of debating and discussions that have went on leading up to The Presidential election?

I can't even entertain the tough of discussing the election that will take place 4 years from now!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Four years from now - poll #78347
11/04/04 10:25 PM
11/04/04 10:25 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Who honestly thinks Jeb Bush would even win in a primary for President? And I doubt Bush would pick Jeb to be Cheney's successor if he was unable to fill the role.

Re: Four years from now - poll #78348
11/04/04 10:34 PM
11/04/04 10:34 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Just more Mombo Jumbo bullshit as far as I'm concern.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Four years from now - poll #78349
11/04/04 11:45 PM
11/04/04 11:45 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade?

No, but Bush will definetly make a push for it in 2006.

Social Security is Privatized?

Yes, but he's going to hear about it. Trust me.

Military Draft become necessary?

Yes

Democratic Nominee for 2008?

Hilary

Republican Nominee in 2008?

McCain--Does anyone know much about him? My English teacher, who voted for Kerry, told me McCain would never get a nomination because he's always honest.

Also, for whoever votes for Jeb, it's not going to happen. He was interviewed Monday on Hannity and Colmes and he said that he would definetly NOT run in 2008.

"War on Terror" continues in other countries?

Iran--Better watch out. George will be there soon.
N. Korea--You know we're going to screw around with them a little bit.
Other--I would hope we'd send troops to Sudan.

Iraq war in 2008

Fighting escalates

Big Terrorist attack between now and 2008?

No--I don't see it happening. If there is one, Bush loses all public support. All undecided voters who voted for Bush felt he'd protect them more.

Cheney is dead?

No

Gay Marriage Amendment passes?

No

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Four years from now - poll #78350
11/05/04 12:03 AM
11/05/04 12:03 AM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
Roe Vs Wade overturned

Some cases of privitization of social security, but only in a sort experimentary way.

Draft? Absolutely not.

Democratic Nominee? Who the fuck knows. I hope Clinton, because any Republican candidate would rip her apart in a landslide election.

Republican nominee? McCain but techinically he could run for either party. Hes not as right as I would like him to be, and I really dont care for him. But he might be the happy medium between the parties that this country needs.

War on terror increases to Iran, and perhaps Syria. Not North Korea.

Iraq War? Troops out by '08.

Terrorist attack by '08? No and heres why. The greatest insentive and oppurtunity for the terrorists to attack would probably have been in the past two or three weeks. But they didnt. Instead of sending a dirty bomb, Osama sent a fucking video tape. If that doesnt symbolize their power at the present, then i dont know what does.

Cheney dead? I certainly hope not.

Gay marriage ammendment? Passes god willing. Keep up the good work W.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Four years from now - poll #78351
11/05/04 12:43 AM
11/05/04 12:43 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Pat - why are you so for Hillary? I want to know what makes you think she would do anything...she has done absolutely nothing during her tenure for NY State as senator...

Re: Four years from now - poll #78352
11/05/04 12:45 AM
11/05/04 12:45 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Pat - why are you so for Hillary? I want to know what makes you think she would do anything...she has done absolutely nothing during her tenure for NY State as senator...
she's cost the Yankees world championships

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Four years from now - poll #78353
11/05/04 12:47 AM
11/05/04 12:47 AM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
All I'll say is that Giuliani will defeat Hillary by a landslide in '08, we will be in Iran, diplomatically fixing North Korea, no draft especially since Republicans control the government and are very against it, gay marriage amendment may pass with more conservative support, the people are definatly opposed to it. Cheney will definatly be alive. And the troops will be out of Iraq before 2008, probably within the next two years.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: Four years from now - poll #78354
11/05/04 08:38 AM
11/05/04 08:38 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Not to re-open old arguments, but....

Although I am pro-choice, I can understand the position of those who are against abortion as along as they don't include cases of rape or those in which the mother's life may be in danger. The pro-lifers have a logical, factual, and defensible postion, IMO.

But I can't for the life of me understand why anyone should care about gay marriage.

I can understand why someone may not be in favor of it, but I can't figure out why anyone would think we need laws against it.

See, for me it's the slippery slope again:

Step 1: Outlaw gay marriage.
Step 2: Outlaw all homosexual sexual activity (many states still do).
Step 3: Outlaw certain sexual practices between heterosexuals.

The other thing I don't understand is how everyone can be so certain that there won't be a draft.

I believe that Congress and the President have no plans for one. But circumstances can change.

1) Suppose insurgent activity increases, and Bush decides we have to send more troops to Iraq to either put down the insurgents or prop up the newly elected government?

2) Suppose there's an election in Iraq, and the government is deposed through some sort of coup, and Bush feels that we have to send in more troops to remove the new government?

3) Suppose we are attacked by a terrorist organization other than Al Qaeda which is headquartered in another Arab country and supported by that governemnt, and we have to invade that country like we did in Afghanistan?

4) Suppose the government of Pakistan is deposed, and taken over by The Taliban or a similar organization, and we have to send troops over there? (And Pakistan is a country that absolutely does have WMDs.)

5) Suppose it becomes necessary to take military action against Iran and/or North Korea?

Suppose some or all of these things happen? I'm not saying they will, but they could.

Don't misunderstand me here. I'm not against a draft if one should be necessary. My question is: Where are all of these troops gonna come from without a draft, and how can everyone be so sure that we won't have one?

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Four years from now - poll #78355
11/05/04 08:53 AM
11/05/04 08:53 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade?

No, but Bush will definetly make a push for it in 2006.

Social Security is Privatized?

Yes, but he's going to hear about it. Trust me.

Military Draft become necessary?

Yes

Democratic Nominee for 2008?

Hilary

Republican Nominee in 2008?

McCain--Does anyone know much about him? My English teacher, who voted for Kerry, told me McCain would never get a nomination because he's always honest.

Also, for whoever votes for Jeb, it's not going to happen. He was interviewed Monday on Hannity and Colmes and he said that he would definetly NOT run in 2008.

"War on Terror" continues in other countries?

Iran--Better watch out. George will be there soon.
N. Korea--You know we're going to screw around with them a little bit.
Other--I would hope we'd send troops to Sudan.

Iraq war in 2008

Fighting escalates

Big Terrorist attack between now and 2008?

No--I don't see it happening. If there is one, Bush loses all public support. All undecided voters who voted for Bush felt he'd protect them more.

Cheney is dead?

No

Gay Marriage Amendment passes?

No
I agree with Pat here, except on a few things.

1) As for a Republican candidate, McCain does seem likely, but will only be used by his party if they need someone to appeal to both sides of a "still" split nation of voters.

2) As much as I think we could be ready for it, America is still not ready for women Pres.

3)I don't think there would be any way any major fighting could be going on in Iraq. There could be resistance groups still attacking American settlements out there, but the Republican administration would never allow four more years of sending over troops to die for, obviously, no more reasons.(Saddam's gone, we win! :rolleyes: )

4)Terrorist Attack-I agree with Patrick, it would kill Bush's credibility. But I honestly think that Bush will ease off on security a bit with his huge inflated ego and let in a small terrorist "attack" somewhere by accident.

5)Cheney will be history.

6)Gays in the future? HA! Not while Dubya's at the helm. :rolleyes:

Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Four years from now - poll #78356
11/05/04 10:58 AM
11/05/04 10:58 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Roe vs Wade - most likely overturned

Social Security - Not sure, but something needs to be done. I really don't fully understand the plan for privatizing it, but would want the option NOT to.

Draft - Yes, no matter what GW (I know Kerry said he wouldn't either), unless we see some end to this mess sometime soon, it'll be unavoidable.

Dem. Nominee - Things can change in the next four years, I don't know. I really don't think Hillary would stand a chance because the nation IMHO is not ready to accept a woman President, no matter who it is. Maybe Edwards.

Rep. Nom. - I am guessing McCain, but feel they'll shoot for Arnold, if his popularity remains high.
Of course, this would mean changing the consitution, but nothing this Administration does or attempts to do should be a surprise.

War will continue for many years to come, unless an end seems in sight. I see NO scenario at this point, to make me think it'll be over any time soon.

Another attack - Yes! Could be anytime. These people are very patient. Could be tomorrow, or in two years. I don't have rose colored glasses on and unfortunately I think it's gonna happen. I will never let my guard down.

Cheney - Alive

Gay marriage - I don't know. This will get a lot of opposition, but not sure if it'll make a difference.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Four years from now - poll #78357
11/10/04 12:15 AM
11/10/04 12:15 AM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline OP
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline OP
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Who honestly thinks Jeb Bush would even win in a primary for President?
14% of the polltakers think Jeb will be the Republican nominee. And, I assume they answered honestly.

Re: Four years from now - poll #78358
11/10/04 12:30 AM
11/10/04 12:30 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Well count me in as the 86% who don't think he will be.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull