GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 313 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,663
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Did Paulie Know? #8379
05/04/04 09:26 PM
05/04/04 09:26 PM
NY
Mickey Offline OP
Button
Mickey  Offline OP
Button
NY
Did Paulie know he was about to get whacked when he went with Rocco and Clemenza to check out some "gooda spots on the west side".

I think he did. His suspicious look and the way he said, "Hey Rocco, sit on the other side. You block the rear view mirror." Show that he knew something was up.

Plus, after the failed hit on Vito, Paulie must have known he was a prime suspect. Note the way Sonny was being overly nice to him. Paulie must have felt that he was under scrutiny.

You straightened my brother out?
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8380
05/04/04 09:46 PM
05/04/04 09:46 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Hahaha.Please dont tell me your serious.No of course he didnt know.The thread about Fredo is a serious discussion,this can never hope to be that.Did Mike know,did Vito,did Sonny,did Vito's Ma and Paolo? Please lets not get into that, it takes away from the legitimacy of the Fredo one.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8381
05/04/04 09:50 PM
05/04/04 09:50 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Paulie certainly would have been suspicious and on his guard following the failed hit. Unless he was brain-dead, he'd have to know that he was a suspect--after all, he was Vito's bodyguard and he called in sick on the day of the hit. That would account for his cautiousness about Rocco.
But I doubt that he knew he was gonna be whacked. If he did, he never would have shown up at Clemenza's house that day. And he stuck around until the bitter end (so to speak) because Clemenza tricked him by letting him know information about "going to the mattresses" that would have been useful to Sollozzo and/or Tattaglia.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8382
05/05/04 02:38 AM
05/05/04 02:38 AM
H
Huntz Offline
Wiseguy
Huntz  Offline
H
Wiseguy
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Hahaha.Please dont tell me your serious.No of course he didnt know.The thread about Fredo is a serious discussion,this can never hope to be that.Did Mike know,did Vito,did Sonny,did Vito's Ma and Paolo? Please lets not get into that, it takes away from the legitimacy of the Fredo one.
You have got to be kidding me, the Freddo discussion in my opinion is just legitimate as this one, I think Paulie had more supicions than Fredo did so its a bit stupid saying this thread is 'taking' away the legitimacy of the other thread.

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8383
05/05/04 04:43 AM
05/05/04 04:43 AM
London
The Hollywood Finochio Offline
The Don
The Hollywood Finochio  Offline
The Don
Underboss
London
Yes it certainly isnt a stupid suggestion that Gatto may have suspected, especially when he asks Rocco to shove over, but he couldnt hide because that would be tantamount to admitting he was with Barzini.

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8384
05/05/04 08:16 AM
05/05/04 08:16 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
As TB mentions, Paulie was probably suspicious, but didn't know for sure. We have to remember that Rocco was a fairly new guy in the family. Beside being cautious, Paulie could have also been exercising his muscle a little; showing he was in control by asking Rocco to move over.

In previous discussions on the board we have talked about the ego and greed of the criminal mind. They think they can't get caught and they always want more. Most likely Paulie thought he was "expertly" playing both sides of the fence. Taking Clemenza to look for gooda spots would have been primo info to bring back to Barzini.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8385
05/05/04 08:28 AM
05/05/04 08:28 AM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
And the authoratative nature of Clemenza 'why you gotta know now, just drive the car' would have put Paulie at ease a little, (The book tells us that Clemenza was really nervous about the whole thing as he knew he had to make it look good)

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8386
05/05/04 08:42 AM
05/05/04 08:42 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Paulie absolutely knew, it's obvious in the way he immediately complied when asked by Clemenza to pull over.

In fact, he realized the moment that Rocco got in the car that his betrayal of the Don had been discovered. Paulie wasn't the brightest bulb in the world, but he was no moron either. He knew how the 'mob world' worked and knew how Sonny thought. This was it, there was no escaping and he was tired of running.

So Paulie cheerfully complied by driving Clemenza & Rocco all over New York, joking and chatting with them, then quietly awaiting the end while Clemenza took his leak.

Legend has it that he was reciting the Hail Mary just before the end...but since the car windows were up this couldn't be heard by the audience.

Best,
Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8387
05/05/04 09:40 AM
05/05/04 09:40 AM
Glasgow
Sermanni Offline
Made Member
Sermanni  Offline
Made Member
Glasgow
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Paulie absolutely knew, it's obvious in the way he immediately complied when asked by Clemenza to pull over.

In fact, he realized the moment that Rocco got in the car that his betrayal of the Don had been discovered. Paulie wasn't the brightest bulb in the world, but he was no moron either. He knew how the 'mob world' worked and knew how Sonny thought. This was it, there was no escaping and he was tired of running.

So Paulie cheerfully complied by driving Clemenza & Rocco all over New York, joking and chatting with them, then quietly awaiting the end while Clemenza took his leak.

Legend has it that he was reciting the Hail Mary just before the end...but since the car windows were up this couldn't be heard by the audience.

Best,
Apple
eek I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!!!!

Cicci, a porta.

Could you get me off the hook Tom? For old times sake?
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8388
05/05/04 09:44 AM
05/05/04 09:44 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
lol wink They say there is a new virus going around. I think it has hit the board. grin

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8389
05/05/04 09:46 AM
05/05/04 09:46 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I know this is most likely a whole other thread, but I think Fannucci knew Vito was gonna kill him too. tongue He too was reciting the Hail Mary under his breath as he bravely entered the hallway to his apartment, accepting his impending doom. Didn't anyone else notice? tongue lol

Sorry, couldn't resist. wink

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8390
05/05/04 09:49 AM
05/05/04 09:49 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
lol Hey, who knew that Vito Blew? lol

Now you all know too!

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8391
05/05/04 10:08 AM
05/05/04 10:08 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
...I think Fannucci knew Vito was gonna kill him too. tongue He too was reciting the Hail Mary under his breath as he bravely entered the hallway to his apartment, accepting his impending doom. Didn't anyone else notice?...
Hey, TIS...I think you're right eek !!

No wonder he pinned $$$ to the statue before heading home...probably making peace with the Lord before bravely facing his end.

He even kindly ripped opened his shirt & jacket, giving Vito's bullet a better chance of breaking through to the flesh; so what if his timing was off and he did it AFTER the shot. It's the thought that counts!!

Must admit I never did notice Fanucci reciting the Hail Mary...but only because he did it in Italian.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8392
05/05/04 10:24 AM
05/05/04 10:24 AM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
The hail mary scene to which you are referring to IS a beautiful scene

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8393
05/05/04 06:52 PM
05/05/04 06:52 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Apple I was wondering when you were going to show up!

Best,
Apple
Ever considered getting into Stand Up comedy? lol
Paulie didnt know because he believed he had been forgiven by Sonny when he was offered the drink.Some of us here are giving a character way too much credit than he deserves. wink tongue lol

Best,
DSC
wink

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8394
05/05/04 07:28 PM
05/05/04 07:28 PM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
but this board would have us believe that everyone except michael or vito corleone doesnt have one brain cell between them, i say had an inkling otherwise what was the point of the shove over line

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8395
05/06/04 11:52 AM
05/06/04 11:52 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by The Hollywood Finochio:
...this board would have us believe that everyone except michael or vito corleone doesnt have one brain cell between them...
Speaking of which...does anyone think Tessio really KNEW he was about to be killed when he got in that car after telling Tom to tell Mike that '...it was only business...'???

For a guy who was about to die, I think Sal was a bit too calm. Perhaps he was under the impression they were going to put him on a plane to Vegas, or turn him over to the cops. Also, after we hear those 4 car doors close...do we know if he said some kind of prayer or somehing?
I think not.

I bet Tessio didn't know.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8396
05/06/04 04:21 PM
05/06/04 04:21 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally posted by The Hollywood Finochio:
[b] ...this board would have us believe that everyone except michael or vito corleone doesnt have one brain cell between them...
Speaking of which...does anyone think Tessio really KNEW he was about to be killed when he got in that car after telling Tom to tell Mike that '...it was only business...'???

For a guy who was about to die, I think Sal was a bit too calm. Perhaps he was under the impression they were going to put him on a plane to Vegas, or turn him over to the cops. Also, after we hear those 4 car doors close...do we know if he said some kind of prayer or somehing?
I think not.

I bet Tessio didn't know.

Apple [/b]
Tessio definitely knew that he was a dead man. Why would he ask Tom to get him "off the hook?" Why else would he say, "Tell Mike it was only business - I always liked him."

Tessio was calm because he knew that there was no way out - look at all the buttonmen around him. It wasn't as if Tessio could run away. He took his medicine like a man.

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8397
05/06/04 04:54 PM
05/06/04 04:54 PM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
Yep Tessio was a mans man, that look of defeat (beaufifully acted by Abe Vigoda) spelt the end and he knew it, my fave scene in the Godfather Trilogy

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8398
05/06/04 08:33 PM
05/06/04 08:33 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
How do you guys think they killed Tessio?

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8399
05/06/04 08:39 PM
05/06/04 08:39 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
They stuck a garden hose down his throat and turned it on until he drowned!

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8400
05/07/04 05:22 AM
05/07/04 05:22 AM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
took him out a field somewhere like Paulie, and shot him, i doubt they would have humilated him

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8401
05/07/04 08:20 AM
05/07/04 08:20 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Apple On Ya

.....and this year's award for "Best Post-Dripping-with-Sarcasm" goes to.......APPLE ON YOU!

I'm sure Tessio thought he was going his retirement luncheon.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8402
05/07/04 08:23 AM
05/07/04 08:23 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
How do you guys think they killed Tessio?
They may have forced him to read this thread, eyes pried open with steel toothpicks.

Then, he slowly and methodically laughed himself to death.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8403
05/07/04 03:44 PM
05/07/04 03:44 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
[b] How do you guys think they killed Tessio?
They may have forced him to read this thread, eyes pried open with steel toothpicks.

Then, he slowly and methodically laughed himself to death.

Apple [/b]
Is that supposed to be funny? Sorry if the question was not mentally stimulating enough for you to give a serious response. It definitely pales in comparison to the profundity of "did Fredo know?" rolleyes

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8404
05/07/04 04:47 PM
05/07/04 04:47 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]..Is that supposed to be funny? Sorry if the question was not mentally stimulating enough ...
No, it really wasn't supposed to be funny at all. Sorry if you're not mentally stimulated enough to not be able to figure out how Tessio was killed without asking everybody else.

How the hell do you THINK they killed him????

Like fathersson says - they got out that hose and .....

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8405
05/07/04 07:34 PM
05/07/04 07:34 PM
NY
Mickey Offline OP
Button
Mickey  Offline OP
Button
NY
LOL... like shooting fish in a barrel...

My next project : A chronoligical list of every murder that takes place in the Godfather Trilogy, and whether or not the person knew.

You straightened my brother out?
Re: Did Paulie Know? #8406
05/07/04 09:31 PM
05/07/04 09:31 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
Sorry if you're not mentally stimulated enough to not be able to figure out how Tessio was killed without asking everybody else.

Like fathersson says - they got out that hose and .....

Apple
Of course you're right. I'm so ashamed of myself. I should learn never to doubt appleonya or fathersson. Thank you for showing me the light. cool

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8407
05/08/04 11:27 AM
05/08/04 11:27 AM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
Sorry if you're not mentally stimulated enough to not be able to figure out how Tessio was killed without asking everybody else.

[/QB]
Tessio was eliminated off-camera by Willi Cicci

Re: Did Paulie Know? #8408
05/08/04 02:46 PM
05/08/04 02:46 PM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
how do you know Cicci killed him?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull