GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Turnbull, Toodoped), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,771
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,322
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,413
Posts1,060,464
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GOTTI /GALIONE #1005942
02/24/21 10:05 AM
02/24/21 10:05 AM
UK
D
dsd Offline OP
Capo
dsd  Offline OP
D
Capo
UK

So, I was just re watching Assantes Gotti film. The beginning is the McBratney bar murder. The film has that Gotti wanted Galione dead for " botching" the plan.
I know it's a film but in real life I don't think that decision to kill Galione could be taken by Gotti, unmade then(?). I mean the whole thing was involving Carlo G.

I don't think we know if Galiones death was related to McBratneys murder , the film makes out that he was in Castellanos crew. So I can't see Gotti deciding himself to kill him without approval.

Do we know if Angie & John had lessor charges than triggerman Galione ?
Even if they'd got McB out the bar with their police badge dodge , what's there defence to he's found murdered or disappeared totally?
His son still around?

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: dsd] #1005948
02/24/21 12:23 PM
02/24/21 12:23 PM
AZ
Turnbull Online content
Turnbull  Online Content

AZ
I watched "Gotti" last week and noticed the same thing. I read a while ago that Galione was whacked about a year and a half later in a dispute with a loan shark that had nothing to do with the McBratney hit. Same article said that, far from screwing up the McBratney hit as portrayed in the movie, Galione actually saved the hit because McBratney was overpowering Gotti and Quack-Quack.

(I don't remember the source. Anyone else read this?)

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: dsd] #1005966
02/24/21 02:51 PM
02/24/21 02:51 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Wigs was killed about 6 months after the McBratney shooting. The original plan was to get him out of the bar,not to kill him there.When they tried to get McBratney out of the bar,he resisted them. Ralph asked some patrons to assist them in their "Arrest" and when one refused,and actually attempted to intervene,Wigs pushed him and the gun went off. In a panic,he opened up on McBratney,shooting him 3 times. He brought a ton of heat by this nitwit move. Killing him ensured that he could never flip on Gotti and Angelo by saying that they ordered the hit. By the time it got to trial,Gambino had worked his magic and they skated by with basic slaps on the wrist. In fact,when Gotti got busted for hijacking later on,he did more time for that rap than for the McBratney killing.

On a slightly related note, I've seen all of the Gotti movies,and with the possible exception of "Getting Gotti" the Assante movie is the most BS laden,re-imagined "made for TV" quality pile of garbage that has been put out so far.

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: dsd] #1006004
02/24/21 09:27 PM
02/24/21 09:27 PM
UK
D
dsd Offline OP
Capo
dsd  Offline OP
D
Capo
UK
^^^@Lou
are you getting the Travolta movie mistaken for the Assante film?
Most seem to rate the Assante GOTTI one.

So what was Gotti, Angie and Galione going to say to the cops when McBratneys dead body is found ,or he's missing and there's plenty of eyewitnesses to say the 3 took him out the bar pretending to arrest/ question him as cops?

What kind of story would sound remotely plausible?

Last edited by dsd; 02/24/21 09:28 PM.
Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: dsd] #1006015
02/25/21 01:13 AM
02/25/21 01:13 AM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Originally Posted by dsd
^^^@Lou

So what was Gotti, Angie and Galione going to say to the cops when McBratneys dead body is found ,or he's missing and there's plenty of eyewitnesses to say the 3 took him out the bar pretending to arrest/ question him as cops?

As far as a plausible story, let me speculate a bit.If there was no shooting in the bar.all you have is a possible kidnapping. I believe McBratney's body would've been permanently "disappeared". No body no case. All you're left with is 3 guys who say, "I don't know what happened to Jimmy. When we got outside he ran away" I'd like to talk to my lawyer now." End result is the same. Minimal jail time.
As far as the Gotti movie,I indeed meant the Assante one. The Travolta one was another stinkfest.
Just a few reasons for my review:
1) Gotti is shown tenderly feeding a cancer stricken Angelo cannoli filling by hand. Real world:Gotti never visited Angelo once he got sick,actually busted him down in rank,cut off all com=ntact,and wanted to kill him,but was talked out of it since Ange would be dead soon anyway.
2)Romuel Piecyk is depicted as a crazed baseball bat wielding thug who threatens to bust the headlights out of Gotti's caddy for blocking his work truck in an alley while Gotti was on a pay phone. Real world: Piecyk was coming home from work and was blocked in my the double and triple parked cars in front of Gotti's social club. He blows his horn a couple times,and Gotti,along with two other punks come out,sucker punch him through his open window,and take over 300 bucks (his just cashed paycheck) from his shirt pocket.
3) During a meeting,Sammy the Bull announces his intention to hit his brother-in-law in front of a bunch of made guys,including Pau;l Castellano. Nothing like making the whole Administration of the Gambino's accomplices!
Hw even tells Paulie."I'll whack him nice and clean,we'll have the wake as Thomasso's.keep it in the Family"
4) At the same meeting Gotti totally disrespects Paul by threatening to rip somebody's eyes out over a shylock debt. After Paulie tells him not to do it,Gotti sits down. Upon leaving the meet he says "Not for nothing Paulie.but you put out a nice spread" He then goes out of his way to Give Dellacroce a kiss on the head and walks out.
5) The Favara killing is depicted as a hit done outdoors by Sammy. Real World: Sammy wasn't even there,and Favara was actually abducted by several men,hit with a piece of wood and thrown into a van,never to be seen again.
There is a lot more,but these are some of the most glaring examples that I'm basing my opinion on.

Last edited by Lou_Para; 02/25/21 01:15 AM.
Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: Lou_Para] #1006018
02/25/21 01:53 AM
02/25/21 01:53 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Lou_Para
[quote=dsd]^^^@Lou

As far as a plausible story, let me speculate a bit.If there was no shooting in the bar.all you have is a possible kidnapping. I believe McBratney's body would've been permanently "disappeared". No body no case. All you're left with is 3 guys who say, "I don't know what happened to Jimmy. When we got outside he ran away" I'd like to talk to my lawyer now." End result is the same. Minimal jail time.
As far as the Gotti movie,I indeed meant the Assante one. The Travolta one was another stinkfest.
Just a few reasons for my review:

2)Romuel Piecyk is depicted as a crazed baseball bat wielding thug who threatens to bust the headlights out of Gotti's caddy for blocking his work truck in an alley while Gotti was on a pay phone. Real world: Piecyk was coming home from work and was blocked in my the double and triple parked cars in front of Gotti's social club. He blows his horn a couple times,and Gotti,along with two other punks come out,sucker punch him through his open window, and take over 300 bucks (his just cashed paycheck) from his shirt pocket.

Lou, sorry but your version is off. Piecyk did not have a bat, true. He was not attacked for the reasons you gave. He attacked an older Gambino associate in the street, and Gotti saw it and jumped in. After Piecyk was beat up by Gotti, he went to the cops, and claimed Gotti beat him up to rob him, taking the money from his shirt pocket., Gotti was still inside the restaurant where the fight took place (The fight took place in just outside) Piecyk may or may not have been coming home from work. Piecyk also had his own criminal record. After he found out who Gotti was he would not testify and refused to say it was Gotti when called as a witness.

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: jace] #1006046
02/25/21 02:45 PM
02/25/21 02:45 PM
AZ
Turnbull Online content
Turnbull  Online Content

AZ
Another movie goof: Gravano is depicted as attacking and killing John Favara, the Gotti neighbor who accidentally killed his son Frank. Da Bull had nothing to do with it--the murderer was John Carneglia.

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: Turnbull] #1006066
02/25/21 07:13 PM
02/25/21 07:13 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Originally Posted by Turnbull
Another movie goof: Gravano is depicted as attacking and killing John Favara, the Gotti neighbor who accidentally killed his son Frank. Da Bull had nothing to do with it--the murderer was John Carneglia.

Turnbull,you are correct about Piecyk. He blew his horn and one of Gotti's guys (I believe it was Frank Colletta) came out and told him to stop it. He them smacked Piecyk and took his money. Piecyk got out of the car and began to fight with Colletta,but Colletta got the best of him. That's when Gotti came out,smacked Piecyk again for good measure,and put his hand in his pocket (like he had a gun),and told Piecyk to get the #uck out of there. That's when Piecyk grabbed a cop,and ID'd Colletta and Gotti,who were then arrested.

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: Lou_Para] #1006084
02/25/21 09:57 PM
02/25/21 09:57 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss

Turnbull,you are correct about Piecyk. He blew his horn and one of Gotti's guys (I believe it was Frank Colletta) came out and told him to stop it. He them smacked Piecyk and took his money. Piecyk got out of the car and began to fight with Colletta,but Colletta got the best of him. That's when Gotti came out,smacked Piecyk again for good measure,and put his hand in his pocket (like he had a gun),and told Piecyk to get the #uck out of there. That's when Piecyk grabbed a cop,and ID'd Colletta and Gotti,who were then arrested.

PIecyk was beating up Corletta, who had had a heart attack a few months earlier. Gotti was arrested in side the restaurant. Piecyk, according to one indictment, had been arrested several times for crimes like assault. It was Piecyk who started attacking Corletta, and Gotti who came out and fought Piecyk. The money being taken is a thing Piecyk made up to further his chances of getting them arrested. Once he found out who Gotti was, he wanted to drop the charges and refused to testify.

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: jace] #1006102
02/26/21 12:02 AM
02/26/21 12:02 AM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace

PIecyk was beating up Corletta, who had had a heart attack a few months earlier. Gotti was arrested in side the restaurant. Piecyk, according to one indictment, had been arrested several times for crimes like assault. It was Piecyk who started attacking Corletta, and Gotti who came out and fought Piecyk. The money being taken is a thing Piecyk made up to further his chances of getting them arrested. Once he found out who Gotti was, he wanted to drop the charges and refused to testify.

Heart attack or not,Cullotta threw the first punch,and when Piecyk got out to fight him ,Cullotta more than held his own. After Gotti came out and smacked Piecyk,they both went back into the restaurant,and Piecyk rounded up a cop.told his version,and ID'd them through the window. So actually Colletta and Gotti were both arrested inside the restaurant. No question Piecyk was not a model citizen. This was a case of a small time dirtbag unknowingly messing with some big time dirtbags.

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: dsd] #1006147
02/26/21 04:06 PM
02/26/21 04:06 PM
AZ
Turnbull Online content
Turnbull  Online Content

AZ
BTW, you can stream the entire "Gotti" movie, in hi-def, free on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-xHOtURxc

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: jace] #1006247
02/27/21 10:45 PM
02/27/21 10:45 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

. That’s not true. Nobody is calling Piecyk was a choir boy but your version of the events are false. Not to mention they intimidated him late on into “forgetting” who beat him up

Last edited by JCrusher; 02/27/21 10:49 PM.
Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: JCrusher] #1006256
02/27/21 11:57 PM
02/27/21 11:57 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher

. That’s not true. Nobody is calling Piecyk was a choir boy but your version of the events are false. Not to mention they intimidated him late on into “forgetting” who beat him up

He was afraid to testify, but Piecyk did have a arrest record for assaults among other things, and the man he was beating up had suffered a heart attack previously. Gotti kicked his ass, like it or not. No one involved was a choir boy, but then, no one is claiming that.

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: dsd] #1006290
02/28/21 12:32 PM
02/28/21 12:32 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
@jace. I mean like I said I never called Piecyk an upstanding citizen. Also is a huge exaggeration saying Gotti”kicked his ass”. By the way Jace I’m surprised you are back on the forums. Last time I saw you was a few years ago after you cursed out Moe and I when it came to Gotti 😂

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: JCrusher] #1006292
02/28/21 12:45 PM
02/28/21 12:45 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
@jace. I mean like I said I never called Piecyk an upstanding citizen. Also is a huge exaggeration saying Gotti”kicked his ass”. By the way Jace I’m surprised you are back on the forums. Last time I saw you was a few years ago after you cursed out Moe and I when it came to Gotti 😂

Yes, and I did not log in till last week and saw that you sent me some taunting pms which I have saved. You and Moe were harassing the heck out of me, and I left the site I do not remember cursing you or him out, if I did then you 2 must have deserved it.

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: jace] #1006294
02/28/21 12:52 PM
02/28/21 12:52 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Yes, and I did not log in till last week and saw that you sent me some taunting pms which I have saved. You and Moe were harassing the heck out of me, and I left the site I do not remember cursing you or him out, if I did then you 2 must have deserved it.

Harassing You? 😂. You haven’t changed a bit unfortunately. I’ve been on this board for over a decade with no issues with anyone so you are really pushing a untruthful narrative. Like I’ve always says it’s perfectly fine that you like Gotti. But it’s also perfectly fine that people are critical of his mob career which Frankly is warranted. Also there are plenty of exaggerations when it comes to his “legend”. It’s just a fact

Last edited by JCrusher; 02/28/21 12:52 PM.
Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: dsd] #1007206
03/14/21 09:53 AM
03/14/21 09:53 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

JCrusher is not the kind of person who would harass someone who disagrees with him. He's one of the most level-headed guys here. Jace, the PMs you refer to sound even more fantastical than your wild interpretation of the Piecyk/Gotti incident.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: Turnbull] #1007214
03/14/21 10:57 AM
03/14/21 10:57 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I watched "Gotti" last week and noticed the same thing. I read a while ago that Galione was whacked about a year and a half later in a dispute with a loan shark that had nothing to do with the McBratney hit. Same article said that, far from screwing up the McBratney hit as portrayed in the movie, Galione actually saved the hit because McBratney was overpowering Gotti and Quack-Quack.

(I don't remember the source. Anyone else read this?)

. Exactly. I’m glad you brought this up. It’s funny how some people act like Gotti did a great job on this hit and even his son claims he was the shooter 😂. In reality the hit was extraordinary sloppy. After Angelo and a Gotti flashed fake badges McBratney laughed in their face then when they tried to grab him he literally dragged both of them toward the end of the bar like rag dolls until finally Galione able to shoot him. Gotti was lucky in the fact that he had Neil and Fatico on his side. Also Carlo hooked him up with Roy Cohn to get a sweetheart plea.

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: Moe_Tilden] #1007746
03/18/21 07:51 PM
03/18/21 07:51 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
JCrusher is not the kind of person who would harass someone who disagrees with him. He's one of the most level-headed guys here. Jace, the PMs you refer to sound even more fantastical than your wild interpretation of the Piecyk/Gotti incident

. Appreciate the kind words!!!

Re: GOTTI /GALIONE [Re: JCrusher] #1007747
03/18/21 07:54 PM
03/18/21 07:54 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
JCrusher is not the kind of person who would harass someone who disagrees with him. He's one of the most level-headed guys here. Jace, the PMs you refer to sound even more fantastical than your wild interpretation of the Piecyk/Gotti incident

. Appreciate the kind words!!!

I can't believe you went back 4 days to find that and put it up, after saying you were done with feuding.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull