GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, Toodoped), 237 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,393
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP #998776
10/26/20 09:57 AM
10/26/20 09:57 AM
UK
D
dsd Offline OP
Capo
dsd  Offline OP
D
Capo
UK
I'm reading the Chin book ( good).
But can someone explain how FRITZY & his co- accused managed to beat the case. (3 or 4 trials). When the policewoman must of seen the shooters.
From the book,it sounds like she was right there in front of them.

Surprised Chin didn't sort the case, mob style. Must of been a close friendship.

Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: dsd] #998777
10/26/20 10:16 AM
10/26/20 10:16 AM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
I don't know much about this situation; but I know Fritzy; and Chin were very close.

Fritzy was one of the few that Chin would meet privately; or in public.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 10/26/20 10:17 AM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: Zavattoni] #998780
10/26/20 10:52 AM
10/26/20 10:52 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Zavattoni
I don't know much about this situation; but I know Fritzy; and Chin were very close.

Fritzy would never intentionally shoot a cop. He and his friend honestly thought that they were being set upon to be heisted for their numbers receipts (there had been several robberies of their numbers collectors weeks earlier). It all happened so fast that Giovanelli just overreacted and shot the undercover thinking they was robbers. Crazy? Stupid?... definitely. I can't even see how all the shit went down.

But he ruined his life because of that split second reaction he had, not to mention shooting the one cop and killing the other. THATS not how Cosa Nostra operates. They are not typically "cowboys", especially someone such as Fritzy who would have (should have) known better....

Very fucked up episode for sure

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/26/20 10:53 AM.
Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: NYMafia] #998782
10/26/20 11:12 AM
10/26/20 11:12 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by NYMafia

Fritzy would never intentionally shoot a cop. He and his friend honestly thought that they were being set upon to be heisted for their numbers receipts (there had been several robberies of their numbers collectors weeks earlier). It all happened so fast that Giovanelli just overreacted and shot the undercover thinking they was robbers. Crazy? Stupid?... definitely. I can't even see how all the shit went down.

But he ruined his life because of that split second reaction he had, not to mention shooting the one cop and killing the other. THATS not how Cosa Nostra operates. They are not typically "cowboys", especially someone such as Fritzy who would have (should have) known better....

Complete and utter bullshit as always, NYMafia.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: Moe_Tilden] #998788
10/26/20 12:43 PM
10/26/20 12:43 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by NYMafia

Complete and utter bullshit as always, NYMafia.

.....Hahahaha, I see that mumbling, bumbling, stumbling Moe-Man is back on the scene with his incoherent ramblings and nasty remarks again. What happened? you're off your medications again Moe and they decided to let the Coo-Coo out of his cage for a few hours?

Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: dsd] #998790
10/26/20 01:12 PM
10/26/20 01:12 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
@NyMafia

I like you a lot homie and your informative but I don’t like seeing you spreading stuff about individuals “All the time””. Let others speak; and ask questions sometimes. I enjoy you’re articles but “Spread the wealth I should say””

Btw; Moe_Tinden is a good guy. He knows his stuff.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: dsd] #998792
10/26/20 01:37 PM
10/26/20 01:37 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Yeah i have to agree w Zavatoni moe is a good guy and hes been a good poster here for a long long time... and NYM i do love your site and u have good info but when u start defending these guys as good people or in this case someone who was involved in killing a cop you lose credibility.. we can all be interested in the mafia and mob stories which i def am, but to consider Fritzy or any of these guys good people is delusional.

Not an attack by any means just thought id throw my 2 cents in

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: mikeyballs211] #998797
10/26/20 02:48 PM
10/26/20 02:48 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Guys, there's plenty of room for vigorous disagreement on this board, but please try to keep it civil.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: dsd] #998811
10/26/20 07:14 PM
10/26/20 07:14 PM
Dixie,ofcourse
M
MemphisMafia Offline
Made Member
MemphisMafia  Offline
M
Made Member
Dixie,ofcourse
Obviously there is much more to this than we know.More than one jury failed to agree on conviction.This during a time when the mafia was being battered and losing case after case in cities across the nation.More tellingly, Gigante would have killed these guys had he felt this was a slaughter of a cop.And that never happened.Cops don't always follow protocol.they ain't always right

Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: mikeyballs211] #998816
10/26/20 07:27 PM
10/26/20 07:27 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by mikeyballs211
Yeah i have to agree w Zavatoni moe is a good guy and hes been a good poster here for a long long time... and NYM i do love your site and u have good info but when u start defending these guys as good people or in this case someone who was involved in killing a cop you lose credibility.. we can all be interested in the mafia and mob stories which i def am, but to consider Fritzy or any of these guys good people is delusional.

Not an attack by any means just thought id throw my 2 cents in

---
Hello Zavattoni and Mikeyballs211. I completely agree with you about having a "give and take" on the forum. If you notice a few weeks back I even asked for everyone to please step it up and lets interact more on the forum. It's good for us all. Don Peppino agreed with me and he's been putting out some great content lately. So as far as that goes you're absolutely correct. And I do agree.

As far as "defending" mob guys. I was NOT defending Fritzy at all. We know he killed an innocent cop named Venditti and badly wounded his female partner. I think he should be hung by his balls for that. Stupid! Completely unnecessary, and a waste of life for no reason. (both theirs AND his) because Fritzy forfeited his freedom from that. He got tortured by law enforcement for the rest of his days. And I don't blame them for busting his balls either..... BAD, BAD move he made! Period! There is NO excusing it.

All I'm saying is that I do not believe his intent was on killing a cop. Thats all..... I believe had he really known it was two cops he was shooting at he would NOT have shot them. He fucked up big time. I think he thought he was shooting a stick-up guy. Thats all!

PS: I also just happen to have 3 cousins who are in law enforcement (2 on the NYPD - one was a detective), and the other was ATF. So nobody has more empathy for police than I do. Don't mistake my take on wiseguys with any negative connotations with cops (unless they are scumbag dishonest cops who hang innocent people up on false charges, then I say fuck em). OK.
---------
Lastly... our friend "Moe".

If you look at the thread here that he first posted up earlier today, Moe got nasty immediately and called ALL my articles and info I provide to this forum as shit, and I quote him here as follows: MOE SAID "Complete and utter bullshit as always, NYMafia"
----------
Now fellas. I have a question for you ok? Did you see ME jump bad at him first? NO correct? Did you see me call him out and say anything bad to him initially? NO correct?

The comment that I posted up was about another subject matter altogether, and I wasn't referencing Moe at all. Am I right here? So how was I hurting Moe? The short answer is that I was minding my own business correct?

My response was only in defense after what he said about me. And it hasn't been the first time either. Moe has been very nasty to me and my partner in the past. For no good reason as far as I can see.

There is a way to disagree with another forum member without getting nasty. Am I right here? Please correct me if I'm wrong about this. ok?

In all the hundreds of posts NYMafia had ever posted, and all the bantering back and forth between myself and other posters such as you guys. Have I ever once gotten nasty with anyone? ..... I believe that answer would have to be a "No".

99.9% of all our interactions have been really nice IMO. Do you agree?

So why is Moe so nasty? Is it my fault that I chose to defend myself?

Please explain If I'm missing anything here ok

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/26/20 07:31 PM.
Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: dsd] #998819
10/26/20 07:41 PM
10/26/20 07:41 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

By the way, for the record, we haven't nothing against Moe. We don't even know the guy, so why would we not like him?

Ours is just a knee-jerk defensive motion to his verbal attack. just defending ourselves.

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/26/20 09:19 PM.
Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: MemphisMafia] #998826
10/26/20 09:22 PM
10/26/20 09:22 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by MemphisMafia
Obviously there is much more to this than we know.More than one jury failed to agree on conviction.This during a time when the mafia was being battered and losing case after case in cities across the nation.More tellingly, Gigante would have killed these guys had he felt this was a slaughter of a cop.And that never happened.Cops don't always follow protocol.they ain't always right

I agree. I think Chin must have been satisfied that Fritzy thought his life was endangered or something to have lashed out like that. And didn't realize they were police.

Because if Chin really thought Fritzy knew he was shooting at cops and didn't give a fuck, Chin would have hit Fritzy right in the head. Friend or no friend!

Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: dsd] #998827
10/26/20 10:10 PM
10/26/20 10:10 PM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
anything with le is bad buisness , no mafia member would ever hurt a undercover on purpose , its akin to career suicide, it goes against common sense, moe's fantasy of fritz machine gunning the cop while lsughing like a mad man is childish at best, and shows he might be mentally ill at worst, moe needs help.

Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: mackinblack007] #998832
10/26/20 11:19 PM
10/26/20 11:19 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I'm asking again: Disagree all you want, but keep it civil!

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: dsd] #998845
10/27/20 08:07 AM
10/27/20 08:07 AM
UK
D
dsd Offline OP
Capo
dsd  Offline OP
D
Capo
UK
Thanks for the replies guys.

Also the Chin book keeps referring to FRITZY as a Genovese associate.
Would he not of been made by 1986?? He wasn't young then.

I wonder if his co-accused STEVE MALTESE & CARMINE GUALTIERI became anything in the mob.

Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: dsd] #998860
10/27/20 02:59 PM
10/27/20 02:59 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
I don't know the truth but I doubt very much that they thought a liitle meek girl was gonna rob them !!

Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: dsd] #1023970
11/18/21 02:33 AM
11/18/21 02:33 AM
GangstersInc Offline
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline
Underboss
From cop killer to internet celebrity - Profile of Genovese Mafia family capo Federico “Fritzy” Giovanelli https://gangstersinc.org/blog/from-cop-killer-to-internet-celebrity-profile-of-genovese-mafia-f

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: dsd] #1023981
11/18/21 07:07 AM
11/18/21 07:07 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Originally Posted by dsd
I'm reading the Chin book ( good).
But can someone explain how FRITZY & his co- accused managed to beat the case. (3 or 4 trials). When the policewoman must of seen the shooters.
From the book,it sounds like she was right there in front of them.

Surprised Chin didn't sort the case, mob style. Must of been a close friendship.

Your first mistake is believing a book by Larry McShane. The guy that broke the"Carmine Persico was a Rat" farce that has been clearly debunked. Do some research. Hopefully some of the forum members reply and set you straight. If they don't in the next couple days I'll weigh in

Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: GangstersInc] #1023982
11/18/21 07:08 AM
11/18/21 07:08 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Originally Posted by GangstersInc
From cop killer to internet celebrity - Profile of Genovese Mafia family capo Federico “Fritzy” Giovanelli https://gangstersinc.org/blog/from-cop-killer-to-internet-celebrity-profile-of-genovese-mafia-f

Gangster Inc nailed it. I agree with their take on it

Re: FRITZY GIOVANELLI / DEAD COP [Re: dsd] #1023999
11/18/21 12:56 PM
11/18/21 12:56 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
many police officer and Vendetti's family blamed his partner for lying on the stand, and identifying the wrong people. The 2 men on trial with Giovenelli had multiple witnesses saying they were home. Burke originally never mentioned them as having been on the scene. Days later she said they were there. Eyewitnesses proved they were not. She also said Giovaneli saw her and ordered her to stand with her partner, thinking they were a hit team. I don't think he would have thought a woman was part of a hit team. This is a New York Times article published a few years after the trails.

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/01/29/...tter-at-police-and-wounded-survivor.html

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull