GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Malavita, Irishman12), 263 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,332
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! #998113
10/12/20 12:13 PM
10/12/20 12:13 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

In honor of Columbus Day I thought it appropriate to post these articles from our ButtonGuys website. Enjoy!

Here are 2 links to pages I wrote addressing Italian pride, heritage, food, family....and the Mafia!

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/racketeer-rr/ (besides the jokes and recipes, slide to the lower part of the page for the Christopher Columbus article from the NYPost)

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/italian-pride-heritage/ (a little piece I wrote about myself and the Italian people)

I hope you guys will enjoy my viewpoints.... Happy Columbus Day!

NOTE: PLEASE CLICK TO THE NYPOST ARTICLE (LINK) inside of the Italian Pride article I wrote. You will enjoy it.

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/12/20 07:02 PM.
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998115
10/12/20 01:04 PM
10/12/20 01:04 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Online content
Underboss
BlackFamily  Online Content
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
" Hope & pray they take Columbus Day off the calender"

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998118
10/12/20 04:02 PM
10/12/20 04:02 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

I honor Columbus Day every year!.... If you bother reading the poignant NYPost article I put up, I think it speaks for itself in defense of Columbus (and all those of his time and era). It is often not fair to judge history's events, or yesteryears people and their mentality from an time period hundreds of years ago by the standards of today.

If we were in their shoes, living in those times and facing what they faced, we might well think as they did. It was the "norm" of that era.

But no sense in debating the issue. You have every right to think as you wish. So do I. I'm not here to convince anyone of anything.

I for one, thoroughly enjoy the holiday every year. And for me it will always be Cristoforo Columbo Day! .... not some makeshift, make believe holiday to appease those who wanna be "politically correct!"

Have a nice day!

PS: I'll lay my bottom dollar that the powers that be will never take Columbus Day off the calendar. Or change it for that matter...it is too iconic, to too many people!

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/12/20 04:04 PM.
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: BlackFamily] #998125
10/12/20 04:57 PM
10/12/20 04:57 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
Originally Posted by BlackFamily

Fuck off black family. I hope they take MLK off the calender.

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998126
10/12/20 04:59 PM
10/12/20 04:59 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
The 1400’s were a primitive time. The indigenous indians were brutal to one another. Colombus was a great man.

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998127
10/12/20 05:03 PM
10/12/20 05:03 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
Some Italian trivia for you guys. The city of Toronto Canada has more Italians than all 5 boroughs of NYC.

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: Lenox] #998128
10/12/20 05:10 PM
10/12/20 05:10 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Lenox
The 1400’s were a primitive time. The indigenous indians were brutal to one another. Colombus was a great man.

You are very much correct Lenox. And I totally agree with you wholeheartedly!

There are 2 excellent articles in todays NYDaily News regarding Columbus and the holiday. I don't know how to pull them and post them for you and others, but I will ask Lisa to do it for us ok? I just know that it will resinate with you and others who look at the subject of Columbus and his discovery of the New World objectively. Remember we were just coming out of the "Dark Ages." His accomplishment was astounding and "literarily" life changing (for the better) for the masses of humanity.

When reviewed in totality he indeed WAS a great man as you aptly said!
--
For that matter Columbus Day in general is our day to show Italian pride!

So in that spirit, on this special day I'd also like to mention and recognize Amerigo Vespucci (for whom our great country the United States of "America" is named after), Giovanni da Verrazano (another great early explorer for whom the "Verrazano Bridge" is named for), John Cabot (better known as Giovanni Caboto), Guglielmo Marconi and Antonio Meucci (the true inventors of the telegraph and telephone), the great Michelangelo, the famed musicians-composers Giacomo Puccini and Antonio Vivaldi, Dante Alighieri, Giuseppe Garibaldi, the famous tactician Niccolo' Machiavelli, Caravaggio, Raphael...........and so on, and so forth!

.........The List is breathtaking and endless!

Happy Columbus Day to all who celebrate... and Viva Italia!

......And to Lenox, Happy Columbus Day my friend! ;-)

PS: Oh shit! I almost forgot Leonardo di Vinci, Lorenzo de' Medici, Federico Fellini, and Sandro Botticelli.... how absolutely silly of me..... "Mi scusi"

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/12/20 05:49 PM.
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: Lenox] #998130
10/12/20 05:58 PM
10/12/20 05:58 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
Underboss
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662

Fuck off black family. I hope they take MLK off the calender.

Only if it was possible to take you off a calendar.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: Lenox] #998131
10/12/20 06:00 PM
10/12/20 06:00 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
Underboss
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662

Also: You can add about that brutality to every culture and their known as Natives.

- African Proverb
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: BlackFamily] #998133
10/12/20 06:07 PM
10/12/20 06:07 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Also: You can add about that brutality to every culture and their known as Natives.

Now you are talking gibberish. Your last statement doesn't even read correctly. It doesn't make sense. What are you trying to say?

And let's try and keep it friendly alright guys. No reason to get nasty with each other. We each have a right to our own views. right or wrong?

Lenox and I happen to think Columbus (and his ilk) were great men. Visionaries and clearly became iconic figures in history. (And may I add icons to our Italian populous). We are very proud of him, as we should be!
-----

Honestly BF, If you go and truly read the newspaper articles and opinion pieces I had posted up in this thread, you may very well soften your views. Open your eyes and try and see both sides of the coin, thats all I ask of you ok?

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: BlackFamily] #998147
10/12/20 08:15 PM
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
Fuck you tizzune di merd’, take that bullshit elsewhere

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998148
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
Forza Italia

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: Lenox] #998149
10/12/20 08:40 PM
10/12/20 08:40 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Some Italian trivia for you guys. The city of Toronto Canada has more Italians than all 5 boroughs of NYC.

I heard that they have a huge Italian populous up there. Many major cities in Canada for that matter.

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998150
10/12/20 08:48 PM
10/12/20 08:48 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

........ I almost forgot to add the one and only "Juius Caesar"

........ Admittedly even in criminality the Italian people were (and are) singular in their vision and breathe. Where else the world over have you ever seen an organization, a near model of perfection, that has stood the test of time the way that Cosa Nostra has? Nowhere!!

Hundreds of years later and it is still going strong, and is worldwide in its scope and exploits. THAT is without a doubt a phenomena!

Maybe an illegal phenomena, but a phenomena nonetheless.

A Frank Costello. A Lucky Luciano. A Carlo Gambino.... these men were criminal visionaries. And they all had Italian blood flowing through their veins...that was not a coincidence.

............ The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria!

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/12/20 08:52 PM.
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998157
10/12/20 11:01 PM
10/12/20 11:01 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
Underboss
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by NYMafia

Now you are talking gibberish. Your last statement doesn't even read correctly. It doesn't make sense. What are you trying to say?

I'm not speaking gibberish, you may have misinterpreted that way. All cultures ( ethnic groups around the world) have a history of brutality.

And let's try and keep it friendly alright guys. No reason to get nasty with each other. We each have a right to our own views. right or wrong?

Lenox and I happen to think Columbus (and his ilk) were great men. Visionaries and clearly became iconic figures in history. (And may I add icons to our Italian populous). We are very proud of him, as we should be!
-----

Honestly BF, If you go and truly read the newspaper articles and opinion pieces I had posted up in this thread, you may very well soften your views. Open your eyes and try and see both sides of the coin, thats all I ask of you ok?

I've read that article and frankly it's written with tendentiousness. The historic background of the chosen day and his achievements in his occupation. The flip side of the coin is how history unfolded for commodities , cultures , & mischewed events. There's going to be perspective dissonance depending on your background. You & that bigot can cling to Italian heritage respectively yet don't just brush to the side other cultures who aren't fond of the day.

SN: The initial quote i made is from a song.

- African Proverb
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998165
10/13/20 07:38 AM
10/13/20 07:38 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

But BF, thats exactly what we're talking about! Columbus' record of accomplishment and achievement. HIs singular accomplishment that opened up a brand new and exciting chapter in the history of "mankind". We ALL benefited from his discoveries.

Nobody is saying that Christopher Columbus was a "perfect" man, or that he should achieve sainthood and be canonized like Mother Theresa. He was flesh and blood like you and I. Like every other man on earth. And he had his failings...just like you and I.

But that shouldn't diminish or wipe out his singular stellar accomplishments should it?... I'll answer my own question here. Of course not!

That would be like canceling Martin Luther King Day, and erasing his accomplishments because we know that he had an eye for the ladies and was a philanderer. It was said that he cheated on his wife Mrs. King with female aides and young attractive women who were enamored with him that he met on his travels while out preaching many times. Some even say that he was suspected of diverting funds donated to his cause for his own use.

But we take the good with the "not so good", or bad in life right. The accomplishments of great men are to be recognized in life, and if those things achieved were significant enough, thats why we erect statues to them, and name holidays in their honor. Period!

At the end of the day you'll chose to believe what is "convenient" for you. I on the other hand will believe what I so chose. Just thank God that you have that privilege by living in America, and a free society that allows free thinking, and that you don't reside in Russia or some other country that stifles free speech.

Oh, and by the way, you can largely thank Chris for laying the groundwork that one too! ... Happy Columbus Day!

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/13/20 07:40 AM.
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998167
10/13/20 09:58 AM
10/13/20 09:58 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
At the end of the day this thread shows that two intelligent, responsible adults, NYMafia and BH, can agree to disagree. That's the American way.
Then again there's a Bigot in the mix and that really sucks. Having different opinions are one thing, but it's more important to respect one another.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998173
10/13/20 12:50 PM
10/13/20 12:50 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
Underboss
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
But BF, thats exactly what we're talking about! Columbus' record of accomplishment and achievement. HIs singular accomplishment that opened up a brand new and exciting chapter in the history of "mankind". We ALL benefited from his discoveries.

Nobody is saying that Christopher Columbus was a "perfect" man, or that he should achieve sainthood and be canonized like Mother Theresa. He was flesh and blood like you and I. Like every other man on earth. And he had his failings...just like you and I.

But that shouldn't diminish or wipe out his singular stellar accomplishments should it?... I'll answer my own question here. Of course not!

That would be like canceling Martin Luther King Day, and erasing his accomplishments because we know that he had an eye for the ladies and was a philanderer. It was said that he cheated on his wife Mrs. King with female aides and young attractive women who were enamored with him that he met on his travels while out preaching many times. Some even say that he was suspected of diverting funds donated to his cause for his own use.

But we take the good with the "not so good", or bad in life right. The accomplishments of great men are to be recognized in life, and if those things achieved were significant enough, thats why we erect statues to them, and name holidays in their honor. Period!

At the end of the day you'll chose to believe what is "convenient" for you. I on the other hand will believe what I so chose. Just thank God that you have that privilege by living in America, and a free society that allows free thinking, and that you don't reside in Russia or some other country that stifles free speech.

Oh, and by the way, you can largely thank Chris for laying the groundwork that one too! ... Happy Columbus Day!

Happy Indigenous Day

- African Proverb
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #998174
10/13/20 12:52 PM
10/13/20 12:52 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
Underboss
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry
At the end of the day this thread shows that two intelligent, responsible adults, NYMafia and BH, can agree to disagree. That's the American way.
Then again there's a Bigot in the mix and that really sucks. Having different opinions are one thing, but it's more important to respect one another.

Not necassary agreeing nor disagreeing. Just cultural differences in who/why 1 celebrates it & others don't.

Cheers

- African Proverb
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998178
10/13/20 02:15 PM
10/13/20 02:15 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

You have your "Indigenous" rights because of the written constitution of this great country, which was developed after it got its start on day #1 from those brave sailors of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria.

Viva Italia, Viva Spain, and Viva America!

The fact that you and I can even friendly debate issues such as these, I think speaks volumes about what was truly accomplished by those who took those first footsteps onto soil of what would become the United States of America.... In hindsight I find all of what we discuss even more astonishing and significant because of it.

Good chatting with you my friend. Stay well.

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/13/20 02:21 PM.
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998181
10/13/20 02:24 PM
10/13/20 02:24 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
All Americans should celebrate Colombus Day in my opinion due to the great contributions he brought. He actually changed the way food is distributed and available to the world. He improved diet and health. Of course so much more.

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998187
10/13/20 04:21 PM
10/13/20 04:21 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
You have your "Indigenous" rights because of the written constitution of this great country, which was developed after it got its start on day #1 from those brave sailors of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria.
lol Wow

The same Constitution that considered Black people to be 3/5 of a person?

Columbus was a savage himself. Pure and simple. The list of Italians that are far more deserving of the type of recognition Columbus receives is a mile long. I'm part Italian and have no problem admitting this, because I don't tie my pride of my heritage to a single figure.

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: RollinBones] #998191
10/13/20 06:05 PM
10/13/20 06:05 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
Underboss
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by RollinBones
lol Wow

Columbus was a savage himself. Pure and simple. The list of Italians that are far more deserving of the type of recognition Columbus receives is a mile long. I'm part Italian and have no problem admitting this, because I don't tie my pride of my heritage to a single figure.

RollinBones,

Indeed. It was more or less counting only 3/5 of my culture's population for political gain in Congress.

I'll say that with all the boosting he ( & other guys) done of Columbus is for historic reasons tied to the achievements of voyages. What comes afterwards is extreme baggage for multiple cultures ( including the Italians themselves). Now the eurocentric themes that the USA develop from is predominantly on the British Isles not Italy. Thanks for your input & perspective Bones.

- African Proverb
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: RollinBones] #998196
10/13/20 08:22 PM
10/13/20 08:22 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by RollinBones
lol Wow

----
Rolling bones, this is getting silly now. Our constitution is not perfect, nor is our country. But I dare say that you still fair better here than ANY other country in the world. If you don't think so, then go try and get a taste of another country and see. We have come a long way baby, but admittedly have a long journey still ahead of us to make a "more" perfect union.

I don't know if you are aware of our history (since you are part Italian), but although maybe not to the degree that blacks were, did you know that Italians in this country faced HUGE prejudice. Do you know how many times Italians were lynched in this country just like blacks were? Do you even know that nearly ALL newspapers and periodicals across the country at one times referred to Italians as "non-white" and as "worse than blacks"? The New York Times, etc.and other major periodicals.

In fact we were considered "black", and "worse than the negro" which was actual phrases repeatedly written in major daily's. We had NO rights. For many years in fact.

So don't blame Columbus, or any other Italian for slavery or any other atrocities committed to Blacks, Jews, Chinese, Spanish, etc.... because the Italian people (your Italian people) stood in the front of the line for kicks in the ass, and a rope around their necks!
-
And FYI, my Italian identify is not solely tied to Columbus but a whole host of Italians and our history dating back to antiquity. Columbus is but one such name I am proud of. As far as "savage" ? Lol.... you've been brainwashed by all this current "political correctness" thats so popular nowadays. I think (I can just feel) that I'm a bit older than you. And I come from a different mindset and viewpoint. Your views are fine and you are entitled to them as I said to BF. They're just not mine.

I know I will never change your outlook, its too engrained in you. (I'm not even trying to).

Let's agree to disagree thats all. Ok? At the end of the day "it is what it is" as the man said.

Good night.

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998197
10/13/20 08:25 PM
10/13/20 08:25 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
It was the democrats that considered blacks 3/5 of a person. People treated everyone poorly at one time or another in history, everyone was a victim. I hate to say it but having slaves was considered normal 200 -300 years ago. In fact it was normal in every civilization at one time or another. Slavery was a primitive institution that ended 160 years ago when they gave a man a shot of whisky before his leg was amputated.

The 1400’s were a much more primitive time, it was at the end of the dark ages. How did blacks treat other blacks in the 1400’s? How about the 1800’s? Im talking blacks in Africa. They were barbaric to one another so dont make it sound as if it was only whites, it wasnt.
Colombus was a great man and he did a lot for man kind.
Not to get off topic but look how barbaric blacks treat other blacks in our inner cities today in modern times ! 93% of all blacks are killed by other blacks, not white people and not white cops.. Look at the atrocities going on in Africa today: blacks slaughtering other blacks and enslaving other blacks. I think black family is trying to point his finger in the wrong direction. No offense black family but africa still has cannibals and how about what some blacks do to young black girls when they are mutilated? Thats happening today, not 200 years ago. Are you saying blacks are 200 years behind ?

Last edited by Lenox; 10/13/20 08:43 PM.
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: Lenox] #998198
10/13/20 08:39 PM
10/13/20 08:39 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

It was the democrats that considered blacks 3/5 of a person. People treated everyone poorly at one time or another in history, everyone was a victim. I hate to say it but having slaves was considered normal 200 -300 years ago. In fact it was normal in every civilization at one time or another. Slavery was a primitive institution that ended 160 years ago when they gave a man a shot of whisky before his leg was amputated.

The 1400’s were a much more primitive time, it was at the end of the dark ages. How did blacks treat other blacks in the 1400’s? How about the 1800’s? Im talking blacks in Africa. They were barbaric to one another so dont make it sound as if it was only whites, it wasnt.
Not to get off topic but look how barbaric blacks treat other blacks in our inner cities today in modern times ! 93% of all blacks are killed by other blacks, not white people and not white cops.. Look at the atrocities going on in Africa today: blacks slaughtering other blacks and enslaving other blacks. I think black family is trying to point his finger in the wrong direction. No offense black family but africa still has cannibals and how about what some blacks do to young black girls when they are mutilated? Thats happening today, not 200 years ago. Are you saying blacks are 200 years behind whites?

---
VERY, very well said Lenox! My compliments to you for being able to articulate some very important truths and "facts" of history, and even current facts of today.

Excellent viewpoints

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998199
10/13/20 08:44 PM
10/13/20 08:44 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
I cannot believe he has the audacity to accuse Colombus of being a bad person and not contributing greatly to mankind. He makes ridiculous statements and tries to throw in “ college boy talk” to bolster his opinion.
Here is what is happening in Africa TODAY, black against black. No white people involved.

Rebels and government troops in Congo have committed atrocities including mass rape, cannibalism and the dismemberment of civilians, according to testimony published on Tuesday by a team of UN human rights experts who said the world must pay heed.
The team investigating a conflict in the Kasai region of Democratic Republic of Congo told the UN Human Rights Council last week that they suspected all sides were guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity.
Their detailed 126-page report catalogued gruesome attacks committed in the conflict, which erupted in late 2016, involving the Kamuina Nsapu and Bana Mura militias and Congo’s armed forces, the FARDC.
The testimony included boys being forced to rape their mothers, little girls being told witchcraft would allow them to catch bullets, and women forced to choose gang-rape or death.
“What happened in the Kasai simply beggars description,” Congo’s Human Rights Minister Marie-Ange Mushobekwa told the Council.
“One victim told us that in May 2017 she saw a group of Kamuina Nsapu militia, some of whom sported female genitals as medals,” the report said.

Last edited by Lenox; 10/13/20 09:56 PM.
Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: NYMafia] #998200
10/13/20 09:05 PM
10/13/20 09:05 PM
U.S.A
T
Terence Offline
Made Member
Terence  Offline
T
Made Member
U.S.A
Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, South Dakota, Vermont and Wisconsin do not officially celebrate Columbus day and recognize Native American Day instead.

Flag day and Arbor day (among other overlooked days) may be in the calendar's you see or even buy but that doesn't necessarily reflect their importance to everyone.

He was a murderous fraud and by the very definition of the word - an immigrant

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: Terence] #998201
10/13/20 09:40 PM
10/13/20 09:40 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Terence
Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, South Dakota, Vermont and Wisconsin do not officially celebrate Columbus day and recognize Native American Day instead.

Flag day and Arbor day (among other overlooked days) may be in the calendar's you see or even buy but that doesn't necessarily reflect their importance to everyone.

He was a murderous fraud and by the very definition of the word - an immigrant

--
LOL.... Another "Politically correct, spoon fed, brainwashed innocent!"

If you take ALL those states combined (with the exception of Michigan) there's probably not 4 Italians total! Let them try that in NY, NJ, CT, MA, RI, FL, etc, etc...... they'd run em out of town! Lol

Cristoforo Colombo WAS a great explorer (obviously), a great sailor, a great visionary, a ballsy guy, and a great man! History lays out the case for that plain and simple. And no matter how you try, how matter how they try, THAT will never change. Don't be jealous, Don't be mad, just accept it!

I don't know what ethnicity you are or aren't. But whatever you are, I'm sure you have good and bad in your background. Everyone does. But regardless of where you (or your people) come from, few people in the history of the world have ever matched, let alone topped the Italian people. Not to brag, but we are a very accomplished bunch. Columbus is part of that, a big part.

Viva Italia, Viva Espana, Viva America

Re: IN HONOR OF COLUMBUS DAY! [Re: Lenox] #998207
10/14/20 12:57 AM
10/14/20 12:57 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
Underboss
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662

Not to get off topic but look how barbaric blacks treat other blacks in our inner cities today in modern times ! 93% of all blacks are killed by other blacks, not white people and not white cops.. Look at the atrocities going on in Africa today: blacks slaughtering other blacks and enslaving other blacks. I think black family is trying to point his finger in the wrong direction. No offense black family but africa still has cannibals and how about what some blacks do to young black girls when they are mutilated? Thats happening today, not 200 years ago. Are you saying blacks are 200 years behind ?

I've been on this forum for 8 years and majority of your comments are rehashed talking points you'll find on stormfront ( other similar cesspools blogs) rolleyes. Before you there was others ( banned) that went down the same lane of dialogue. So here goes the usual talking points:

1. Slavery is still active and will always be apart of human history. Obviously.

2A. Dark ages for much of the Europe region, not the rest of the world simultaneously. There wasn't " Blacks" back then since the whole concept of racial term/category arose from a different continent & timeframe. Therefore your speaking on a thousand plus African cultures at once which ranges from Kingdoms/Empires to nomadic agrarian people. The interactions are immense in the 1400s as 1800s, please read up on this subject tongue .

2B. At what point in my previous comments I specifically stated anything about whites? rolleyes

2C. If you didn't want to get off topic then why bring unrelated subjects to it? What does atrocities in Africa which can be find worldwide have to do with the subject at hand? Have you not heard of strawman fallacy. whistle

3. Yet your diatribe insist on being " offensive", subliminal context. Your point of view sees " Blacks" being 200 years behind. Remember when you get off subject YOUR pointing away from the topic. You stick out like a Arum italicum with keywords: Primitive & Barbaric.

4. I've already know what the response is going to be so save it. Y'all can like the accomplishments yet not dive into the details of those things without being counter " political correct" or talking down on others while uplifting a voyager.

Peace.

Last edited by BlackFamily; 10/14/20 12:58 AM.

- African Proverb
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull