GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 54 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77269
10/28/04 12:17 AM
10/28/04 12:17 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Interesting:

American President George W. Bush has topped an unlikely poll in Britain - as this year's top screen villain. Bush won the dubious accolade for his unauthorized appearance in Michael Moore's anti-Bush documentary Fahrenheit 9/11. The politician beat out the likes of Doc Ock, played by Alfred Molina, in Spider-Man 2; The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's Leatherface; Andy Serkis' Gollum from Lord Of The Rings trilogy; and Elle Driver, the assassin played by Daryl Hannah in Kill Bill. Almost 10,000 people voted in the poll, conducted by Total Film Magazine.

From IMDB.com

Just a little interesting tidbit. Does not have to be politically argued.(But it will)

Doctor Ferro

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77270
10/28/04 12:21 AM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
Yeah.... Britain sucks.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77271
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:

Just a little interesting tidbit. Does not have to be politically argued.(But it will)

Doctor Ferro
Isn't that why you posted it in a new thread after it was already in one.
Tell the truth you love the stuff. Come ON you know you do.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77272
10/28/04 12:26 AM
10/28/04 12:26 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
[quote]Originally posted by DonFerro55:
[b]

Doctor Ferro
Isn't that why you posted it in a new thread after it was already in one.
Tell the truth you love the stuff. Come ON you know you do. [/b][/quote]This was just on IMDB a few minutes ago.(It's accually tomorrow's news, Oct. 28th)It's officially 12:24am here(Michigan), so I figured it was new news. I didn't see it in any other thread, I'll delete this if you guys want me to, so we can avoid an already debated subject.

Yeah fathersson, I kinda do. But just a little.

Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77273
10/28/04 06:25 AM
10/28/04 06:25 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
When people are given a poll with ready made answers and all they have to do is tick a box or something else as simple they usually go for the most comical. Especially in stupid polls like this.

For example lets say I was to ask what position of need your US football team needed to draft in '05 and gave you these options:

QB
RB
WR
TE
OL
DL
LB
CB
DB
Or Waterboy

Who could resist ticking the last option?

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77274
10/28/04 09:14 AM
10/28/04 09:14 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
Yeah.... Britain sucks.
Ummm...Britain's our biggest allie in the war. Very nice to speak of them that way. :rolleyes: -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77275
10/28/04 01:44 PM
10/28/04 01:44 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
When people are given a poll with ready made answers and all they have to do is tick a box or something else as simple they usually go for the most comical. Especially in stupid polls like this.

For example lets say I was to ask what position of need your US football team needed to draft in '05 and gave you these options:

QB
RB
WR
TE
OL
DL
LB
CB
DB
Or Waterboy

Who could resist ticking the last option?
I have to agree with you here. Though a lot of people in Europe hate Bush. I'm sure there were many people who just put his name for fun.

In short, I really don't think this will cost him the election.

The Doc

Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77276
10/28/04 03:10 PM
10/28/04 03:10 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

It goes to show you the average intelligence (or lack thereof) of people they poll. :rolleyes:

Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77277
10/28/04 03:13 PM
10/28/04 03:13 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Accually, I think it goes to show that lovely British humor I love so much. (Python is the Best!)

JJ,
Don't make fun of Britain. They are all Bush has got!

Oh yeah, and Poland!

Doctor Ferro

Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77278
10/28/04 03:18 PM
10/28/04 03:18 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

quote:
JJ,
Don't make fun of Britain. They are all Bush has got!

Oh yeah, and Poland!

As long as you are belittling international sacrifice, why don't you go visit the Ho Chi Minh museum and see you hero, Mr. Kerry, on the wall of fame?

Invite Mr. Moore with you.

Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77279
10/28/04 03:29 PM
10/28/04 03:29 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
As long as you are belittling international sacrifice, why don't you go visit the Ho Chi Minh museum and see you hero, Mr. Kerry, on the wall of fame?
Speaking of Belittling International Sacrifice...I seem to remember you calling people in Britain, the people who decided to go to war with Bush and fight for your cause, stupid. Nice work, buddy!

Quote:
You are so Funny!
Thanks man!

Doc

Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77280
10/28/04 03:32 PM
10/28/04 03:32 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Yeh. Ho Chi Minh is such a bad guy. A commie protecting his country who was attacked by the US when he had made no threat and was no threat to the US. What a horrible man.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77281
10/29/04 02:15 PM
10/29/04 02:15 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] As long as you are belittling international sacrifice, why don't you go visit the Ho Chi Minh museum and see you hero, Mr. Kerry, on the wall of fame?
Speaking of Belittling International Sacrifice...I seem to remember you calling people in Britain, the people who decided to go to war with Bush and fight for your cause, stupid. Nice work, buddy!
[/b][/quote]Thanks "Doc!" Just don't be like a typical liberal...please quote me where I once (in any thread, though I suspect that would be too difficult and research intensive for a Moore supporter) called Britain, or Tony Blair, "stupid."

BTW, "Doc," you are my hero. "Doc," I wish I could be just like you. How do you pull it off?

Help me, "Doc."

Cause you are the "Doc," right?

Man, what a "Doc."

I'm going to start calling myself "El Presidente" because one day, I'd like to rule Canada. I might not be there yet, but I'll call myself that.

Sincerely,
El Presidente.

PS: Thanks, "Doc."

---

Ho Chi Minh is a hero, you're right Pat! We should give him a national shrine, alongside your boy, Fidel Castro!

Is it just me, or do you seem to think all these anti-US people are "heroes" or something along those lines?

Maybe you can erect a small statue of Kim Jung Il, and have a dedicated student come and steal it because they are cool. Yep. He's a good role model.

Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77282
10/29/04 05:17 PM
10/29/04 05:17 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
What exactly did Ho Chi Minh do that makes him such a terrible person?

He led his country's fight to be free of French colonialism and imperialism, and then, when he was engaged in a civil war in his own country, he found Viet Nam invaded by the United States.

So he tried to fight us off in a war that today is widely regarded as probably this country's single biggest failure in its history.

Although I don't agree with his politics, and he is certainly no hero to me personally, he is to millions of his countrymen, and I can't really say as I blame him for anything he did.

What would you expect him to do? Lay down and surrender and give up what he believed in just because the Americans were there?

Of course he tried to kill our soldiers. Are you surprised that he did? Was he wrong?

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77283
10/29/04 09:31 PM
10/29/04 09:31 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Of course he tried to kill our soldiers. Are you surprised that he did? Was he wrong?
Well, you tell me. How is Vietnam doing economically, right now. What is their poverty levels?

Are they better off after Ho Chi Minh?

Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77284
10/30/04 12:43 AM
10/30/04 12:43 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b]Of course he tried to kill our soldiers. Are you surprised that he did? Was he wrong?
Well, you tell me. How is Vietnam doing economically, right now. What is their poverty levels?

Are they better off after Ho Chi Minh? [/b][/quote]Are they better off after the US lost the war and killed 3 million Vietnamese?

Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77285
10/30/04 12:52 AM
10/30/04 12:52 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Hmm...I don't know. I'd rather know, more importantly (and again, my initial question, since you guys always seem to stress how no one satisfies the original question) whether Ho Chi Minh and his independance movement from France and his intentions have fed the poor in his nation, or made it a major roleplayer in politics, or whether it's still the 3rd world stepchild our soldiers left decades ago?

Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77286
10/30/04 12:59 AM
10/30/04 12:59 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
I'd rather know....whether Ho Chi Minh and his independance movement from France and his intentions have fed the poor in his nation, or made it a major roleplayer in politics, or whether it's still the 3rd world stepchild our soldiers left decades ago?
Like I said, I have no love for HCM, or his idealogy.

All of what you say is true, but it begs the real issue doesn't it?

We weren't there because we cared about helping the Vitnamese fight Communism out of concern for the Vietnamese people. It was because of our concern over Communism.

Are we supposed to go around invading every country that doesn't have a demcratic form of government?

Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77287
10/30/04 01:01 AM
10/30/04 01:01 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
All of that may be true, JJ, but it begs the question doesn't it?

We weren't there because we cared about helping the Vitnamese fight Communism out of concern for the Vietnamese people. It was because of our concern over Communism.

Are we supposed to go around invading every country that doesn't have a demcratic form of government?
you know if you keep hanging around in these political threads you might have to give up your double-life :p

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Bush Voted Year's Top Film Villain #77288
10/30/04 01:04 AM
10/30/04 01:04 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Never happen. The other half is so much more fun.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull