GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 353 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,423
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Should most smaller crews or families outside of #996989
09/17/20 03:11 PM
09/17/20 03:11 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
of NYC have stayed independent.

ie when Skinny took over, he basically refused to meet with the Genovese granted Bobby Manna was in jail. But let’s just say when Scarfo was still running things, he kowtowed today NYC (and people were not only afraid of him but his ‘I’ll bring down a crew of guys from NY and kill all of youse’) truth is, I doubt the Genovese would have supplied him with anyone

And if they did it’ll just be few guys whereas that’s a few guys vs an entire crew in Philly

It’s more the fear factor. Just like when Tumac told Gas and Vic to go F himself- all they do is send 3 or 4 guys down. Hardly an entire family

But again it’s the fear that gets to people- and truth is, when you’re fighting outside of your area, they’re nothing. They would need a guide to show them around etc

No different to when Tony Bananas got killed- they’re hardly going to send a crew to North Jersey to kill him. If he would have stayed on his turf and armed with his guys, nobody is going to have an easy time getting him

Instead he had to be lured out of his hole. Another example could be when Vito told the Bonanno’s to F themselves too. Granted Vito was very powerful but as shown, he didn’t even need to answer to them to begin with. Yet for many yrs he did

Re: Should most smaller crews or families outside of [Re: Tonytough] #996990
09/17/20 03:41 PM
09/17/20 03:41 PM
J
Jamesbontate33 Offline
Wiseguy
Jamesbontate33  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by Tonytough

Instead he had to be lured out of his hole. Another example could be when Vito told the Bonanno’s to F themselves too. Granted Vito was very powerful but as shown, he didn’t even need to answer to them to begin with. Yet for many yrs he did

I remember reading about sal Vitale coming up to offer Vito capo position , but he told him everyone's equal or something along those lines ...I wonder what Massino must have been thinking when he heard that ?

And to answer , I think it kind of depends on the area and situation. If they need the protection and influence it would be beneficial to align with a NYC family. But again for Montreal they were better off due to the amount of rats in the family. Probably saved Vito from doing alot more time.

Re: Should most smaller crews or families outside of [Re: Tonytough] #998035
10/10/20 08:39 AM
10/10/20 08:39 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
It is a good ideal to stay friendly with as many New York families as one family can, but make sure your allied with one. Examples, San Jose was allied with Bonanno and Profaci families, New Orleans was allied with Costello, and Lucchese, Tampa was allied with Lucchese and Profaci, Philadelphia is allied with Gambino and Genovese historically.

Crews outside New York families, usually operate without much meddling from the family administration as long as they keep the envelopes coming with an occasional big fat envelope. The Capo of the crew is the boss for that crew and territories, but they still have to follow the policies set by the boss and commission.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull