GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (furio_from_naples, Toodoped, Turnbull), 356 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,427
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994458
07/25/20 04:27 PM
07/25/20 04:27 PM
M
Madonn Offline
Button
Madonn  Offline
M
Button
1. Tony Mirra - the guy is what I call a 1%er. He was not a regular wiseguy but was considered a sociopath. He was unique and stands out from the majority of the wiseguys. I wish we had more information about him and some wiretaps.

2. Philip Lombardo - the guy was a mafia boss and a genius one. During his era, a lot of civilians and law enforcement thought Fat Tony was the de facto boss which turned to be false. Lombardo is a role model for wiseguys and how the mafia should operate.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Madonn] #994536
07/26/20 06:50 PM
07/26/20 06:50 PM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by Madonn
1. Tony Mirra - the guy is what I call a 1%er. He was not a regular wiseguy but was considered a sociopath. He was unique and stands out from the majority of the wiseguys. I wish we had more information about him and some wiretaps.

2. Philip Lombardo - the guy was a mafia boss and a genius one. During his era, a lot of civilians and law enforcement thought Fat Tony was the de facto boss which turned to be false. Lombardo is a role model for wiseguys and how the mafia should operate.

Funzi Tieri was front boss for Benny Squint for nearly the full time. Salerno was mainly Chins front boss

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: WhackWhack] #994544
07/26/20 08:10 PM
07/26/20 08:10 PM
NEPA and now Fla
J
Jshov31 Offline
Retired Capo
Jshov31  Offline
Retired Capo
J
Made Member
NEPA and now Fla
Originally Posted by WhackWhack
Originally Posted by Jshov31
[quote=WhackWhack]There are many I did my research on...

Roy DeMeo, Tommy Pitera, Gaspipe Casso, Vinny Basciano,Frank LoCascio, Nino Gaggi, Sonny Franzese,Chin Gigante, Tony Ducks, Fat Tony, Junior Persico, Gerry Lang, Patsy Conte, Matty Madonna, Carmine Galante, Joe Bonanno etc I can go on and on. The hundreds of hours I have spent on the web, wikipedia, reading books, journals, law dockets etc have been on a huge assortment of different members...as you can tell by my username, Bruno Indelicato is my #1....The guy was literally the only confirmed person to hit a boss when it had happened. Anastasia? People aren't sure if it was Gallo+Persico or Gambino Heroin Dealers. Masseria? Rumored to be Vito genovese, Bugsy etc but not confirmed. Maranzano? No concrete names. But Bruno was convicted of 100% being a gunman in the Galante slaying. Yes Gravano named The Castellano/Bilotti shooters but none had the name factor like Bruno.

Hits a boss, becomes a capo for it either at age 23 or 32 (no one even knows for sure if he was born in 47 or 56, BOP is sure it is 47, but many newspaper articles put his age as being born in 56 during the commission trial. Sonny Red would have been 15 if Bruno was born in 47, I don't buy that). Regardless, how many people are capos at age 23 or at the oldest 32? Most guys are not even made by age 32. Only Bonanno being boss at 26 compares. Yes Michael Franzese was also young but when your father is Underboss that is different. The family kills his dad and the loyalists and he was marked for death but he ends up working again for the Bonannos because I believe the Genovese got him a pass. You have to have a lot of respect to get something like that.

Brunos father in law was Jimmy the Gent. His best friends were Tommy Karate and vinny Gorgeous. Bruno was convicted of multiple murders and still avoided life sentences..He will eventually get out..Bruno was also in Donnie Brasco. I have to say Bruno is probably by far the most famous LCN member who never held a top 3 leadership spot. Him killing loads of guys, being a huge coke head and still being alive etc he is just one of a kind and should have more written about him..For all he has done there truly is little known about him. When you kill a boss, were part of the commission trial and stuff like your actual DoB is still not 100% known that is truly something.

Bruno is by far the the only one I’ve spent time with in person who is absolutely 100% as advertised or described I guess would be a better word for it. 100% walks, talks, and lives by a set of rules or code and he won’t break them for NOBODY. He has his opinions about certain things and there isn’t anything you can do to change his mind. Absolutely hates authority and refuses to ever put up with the slightest amount of disrespect from anyone. Balls of steel and a heart of gold.

Quick funny story about him. We were in Fairton together for about 3 years and myself, Mike Cassese, Fabrizio and Bruno worked out together a few times a week and would walk the track after we were done for the last 15-20min of yard. Mike is a constant ball breaker and he was on me pretty good about going home soon and I just wasn’t in the mood for it and jokingly called him a jerkoff. Bruno immediately stopped, grabbed the top of my shoulder/neck area and walked me away from the rest of the guys and absolutely chewed me up. He pretty much told me that if he didn’t like me as much as he did and if he didn’t need me to get his commissary for him he would let Mike kick my teeth in and I would hit the street needing dentures. I got a smack in the head and his famous “smarten the fuck up kid”. Keep in mind that Mike didn’t say a word, Bruno just knew what his response was gonna be and yanked me away. Mike came up to me at church a few days later and asked me if I threw my panties in the garbage because he knows “i pissed myself” once Bruno pulled me aside. Mike said “this isn’t tv Jeff” and it’s absolutely not fucking TV when it comes to Bruno ya fucking jerkoff. [/quote

Wow that is an absolutely incredible story! That is crazy that you were in the feds for 3 years with him...any remarkable stories from inside about him? I know LCN guys in prisons don't hold as much sway as on the streets (Feds is probably easier/more respect for them compared to State Prisons I would assume) but he had to have been a revered and respected inmate with his pedigree. That is funny I had made this post and then you replied to it because last night as I am watching the last episode of fear the city and it focused on the commission trial and lo and behold they spent a few minutes bringing up an incident that happened during a court ordered recess where Bruno was yelling and hollering at one of the ASAs about how unfair and rigged the trial is and how after he came back from the recess he apologized to the guy and it was because of Tony Salerno and Tony Ducks telling him to since it made them look bad and they were all on trial not just him....so that part of the documentary proves your story for sure, hates authority and doesn't put up with any BS. He probably wanted to pummel that ASA but since he had 2 Don's telling him off in the same manner he did with you he came out and apologized. He truly embodies LCN, he was literally able to separate business from personal things and I cannot imagine the balls he has to actually go back to the Bonannos after they killed his father and his fathers loyalists and after they wanted him dead also....even if the commission says you got a pass imagine going back to NYC and working for a boss who personally killed your Father. And that is why I truly respect and am fascinated by Anthony Indelicato. I mean, I don't admire or look up to him, at the end of the day he was a stone cold killer and a mafioso through and through but just his entire life experience and the stories around him are just absolutely incredible.

He’s truly 1 of a kind. I have more stories than you can imagine with a lot of those guys. I still speak to a few of them via email from time to time and Cassese is home now. Not a lot of fun days when you’re locked up but there definitely was a few that make me smile every once in awhile.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Neo] #994546
07/26/20 08:20 PM
07/26/20 08:20 PM
NEPA and now Fla
J
Jshov31 Offline
Retired Capo
Jshov31  Offline
Retired Capo
J
Made Member
NEPA and now Fla
Originally Posted by Neo
There are many I did my research on...

Roy DeMeo, Tommy Pitera, Gaspipe Casso, Vinny Basciano,Frank LoCascio, Nino Gaggi, Sonny Franzese,Chin Gigante, Tony Ducks, Fat Tony, Junior Persico, Gerry Lang, Patsy Conte, Matty Madonna, Carmine Galante, Joe Bonanno etc I can go on and on. The hundreds of hours I have spent on the web, wikipedia, reading books, journals, law dockets etc have been on a huge assortment of different members...as you can tell by my username, Bruno Indelicato is my #1....The guy was literally the only confirmed person to hit a boss when it had happened. Anastasia? People aren't sure if it was Gallo+Persico or Gambino Heroin Dealers. Masseria? Rumored to be Vito genovese, Bugsy etc but not confirmed. Maranzano? No concrete names. But Bruno was convicted of 100% being a gunman in the Galante slaying. Yes Gravano named The Castellano/Bilotti shooters but none had the name factor like Bruno.

Hits a boss, becomes a capo for it either at age 23 or 32 (no one even knows for sure if he was born in 47 or 56, BOP is sure it is 47, but many newspaper articles put his age as being born in 56 during the commission trial. Sonny Red would have been 15 if Bruno was born in 47, I don't buy that). Regardless, how many people are capos at age 23 or at the oldest 32? Most guys are not even made by age 32. Only Bonanno being boss at 26 compares. Yes Michael Franzese was also young but when your father is Underboss that is different. The family kills his dad and the loyalists and he was marked for death but he ends up working again for the Bonannos because I believe the Genovese got him a pass. You have to have a lot of respect to get something like that.

Brunos father in law was Jimmy the Gent. His best friends were Tommy Karate and vinny Gorgeous. Bruno was convicted of multiple murders and still avoided life sentences..He will eventually get out..Bruno was also in Donnie Brasco. I have to say Bruno is probably by far the most famous LCN member who never held a top 3 leadership spot. Him killing loads of guys, being a huge coke head and still being alive etc he is just one of a kind and should have more written about him..For all he has done there truly is little known about him. When you kill a boss, were part of the commission trial and stuff like your actual DoB is still not 100% known that is truly something.

Mike is a constant ball breaker and he was on me pretty good about going home soon and I just wasn’t in the mood for it and jokingly called him a jerkoff.

What did he say to get you that angry?

I found out my ex wife was banging one of the local cops that used to break my balls all the time. I got the divorce papers maybe 4 weeks before my halfway house date and Mike(the nonstop ball breaker that he is) was messing with me about it because the cop she was banging was like 50 and at the time I was 30. I truly didn’t give a shit about the divorce or her at that point but I just couldn’t get over the fact she was banging this old midget cop(he’s 5-2 150lbs at the most and I was 5-10 and probably 210 at the time) I just couldn’t fathom it and he was riding me about it. It was harmless but I just wasn’t in the mood and lost it for a second. To this day I’ll get a DM on IG from him at least once a month that will just simply say “jerkoff”.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: WhackWhack] #994574
07/27/20 09:03 AM
07/27/20 09:03 AM
M
Madonn Offline
Button
Madonn  Offline
M
Button

Funzi Tieri was front boss for Benny Squint for nearly the full time. Salerno was mainly Chins front boss

My bad you are right. It was Funzi Tieri, but Salerno had a boss position as well if I'm not mistaken.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Madonn] #994615
07/28/20 02:22 AM
07/28/20 02:22 AM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member

My bad you are right. It was Funzi Tieri, but Salerno had a boss position as well if I'm not mistaken.

Well supposedly, Benny Squint was the boss right after Vito died but he had used Tommy Eboli and Funzi Tieri as the front bosses. In 1981 both Funzi died and Benny Squint stepped down. Salerno was named front boss in 1981 but after Benny Squint stepped down Chin became the don. Salerno was underboss though before front boss, but underboss isn't as powerful when you have front bosses along with the actual don.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994630
07/28/20 01:28 PM
07/28/20 01:28 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@WhackWhack

Salerno's actual rank is confusing. He was at one point the Consigliere and then Underboss under Chin. I don't believe he was fronting for anyone.... He was just Underboss with alot of power.... I don't understand where him Fronting came from.

I do know however; Despite all the titles; He was the #2 in that family after Gigante.

That's with Louis Manna and Saverio Santora all in the administration.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 07/28/20 01:29 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: WhackWhack] #994637
07/28/20 04:38 PM
07/28/20 04:38 PM
M
Madonn Offline
Button
Madonn  Offline
M
Button

Well supposedly, Benny Squint was the boss right after Vito died but he had used Tommy Eboli and Funzi Tieri as the front bosses. In 1981 both Funzi died and Benny Squint stepped down. Salerno was named front boss in 1981 but after Benny Squint stepped down Chin became the don. Salerno was underboss though before front boss, but underboss isn't as powerful when you have front bosses along with the actual don.

Bro, why do you have an avator of Bruno? Interstingely, he's about to be released.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994638
07/28/20 05:27 PM
07/28/20 05:27 PM
D
diamondjoe Offline
Associate
diamondjoe  Offline
D
Associate
Nobody mentioned Pino Greco. Riinas go to guy for his excellent cadavers. Literally killed hundreds in the second mafia war. Not much really known about him.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Jshov31] #994639
07/28/20 06:47 PM
07/28/20 06:47 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo
There are many I did my research on...

Mike is a constant ball breaker and he was on me pretty good about going home soon and I just wasn’t in the mood for it and jokingly called him a jerkoff.

What did he say to get you that angry?

I found out my ex wife was banging one of the local cops that used to break my balls all the time. I got the divorce papers maybe 4 weeks before my halfway house date and Mike(the nonstop ball breaker that he is) was messing with me about it because the cop she was banging was like 50 and at the time I was 30. I truly didn’t give a shit about the divorce or her at that point but I just couldn’t get over the fact she was banging this old midget cop(he’s 5-2 150lbs at the most and I was 5-10 and probably 210 at the time) I just couldn’t fathom it and he was riding me about it. It was harmless but I just wasn’t in the mood and lost it for a second. To this day I’ll get a DM on IG from him at least once a month that will just simply say “jerkoff”.

A DM once a month? fucking hell lol

When did you leave prison?

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994640
07/28/20 06:51 PM
07/28/20 06:51 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@WhackWhack

Salerno's actual rank is confusing. He was at one point the Consigliere and then Underboss under Chin. I don't believe he was fronting for anyone.... He was just Underboss with alot of power.... I don't understand where him Fronting came from.

I do know however; Despite all the titles; He was the #2 in that family after Gigante.

Salerno was street boss. At one point Gigante forced Salerno into retirement due to health reasons but Salerno got bored with retirement and asked Gigante to allow him to return to his duties as street boss. Gigante relented and reinstated him to his old rank but was still not convinced of Salerno's mental health so had someone keeping an eye on him for any signs of mental decline.

Last edited by Neo; 07/28/20 07:01 PM.
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Neo] #994649
07/29/20 01:11 AM
07/29/20 01:11 AM
J
jackdempsey1930 Offline
Button
jackdempsey1930  Offline
J
Button
I never said ducks groomed amuso. Christie tick did and out of the brooklyn faction they hoped to have one of theres become boss. Christie tick never wanted the job, so it was his hope his protege would be the boss.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Neo] #994734
07/30/20 05:44 PM
07/30/20 05:44 PM
NEPA and now Fla
J
Jshov31 Offline
Retired Capo
Jshov31  Offline
Retired Capo
J
Made Member
NEPA and now Fla
April 2013

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Jshov31] #994735
07/30/20 06:21 PM
07/30/20 06:21 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
April 2013

You called him a jerkoff 7 years ago and he still got a problem? Holy shit what a psychopath!!

What do you think is going on in his head?

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Madonn] #994749
07/30/20 09:35 PM
07/30/20 09:35 PM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member

Bro, why do you have an avator of Bruno? Interstingely, he's about to be released.

Why do people have Lucky Luciano or Joe Bonanno as avatars? I have Bruno because he is someone I think is legendary in Cosa Nostra history. And BOP has his release date as 2023 is that what you mean when you say soon?Bruno sure was lucky, in the commission trial he got 2 consecutive 20 year terms aka a 40 year sentence. He only had to do 12 before paroled! Hell, even if he gets out in 2023 it is still sooner then if he was forced to do the entire 40 year bid he got for killing Galante!

Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@WhackWhack

You don't understand where the front boss came from? Did you miss the entire commission trial? He was put on trial as the Don of the Genovese family. They had no idea he wasn't actually boss until Fish Cafaro flipped and told them. But Salerno was convicted of exact crimes not just being a boss so it didn't matter. But Salerno was 1000% the front/street boss and was used as a lightning rod. Chin was smart.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: diamondjoe] #994753
07/30/20 09:56 PM
07/30/20 09:56 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by diamondjoe
Nobody mentioned Pino Greco. Riinas go to guy for his excellent cadavers. Literally killed hundreds in the second mafia war. Not much really known about him.

He was the nephew of Michele "Il Papa" Greco and just 33 years old when they killed him, because he was acting like a madman. He rarely worked alone, but led a group of assassins, which included Mario Prestifilippo, Filippo Marchese, Vincenzo Puccio, Gianbattista Pullarà, Giuseppe Lucchese, Giuseppe Gambino, and Nino Madonia.

Last edited by Hollander; 07/30/20 09:58 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull