GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 384 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,982
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,102
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76541
10/24/04 12:20 AM
10/24/04 12:20 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
This Story was printed in magazine article that I read and I thought that I should share it with you.

In case anyone wondered why...

The other day, my nine year old son wanted to know why we were at war. My husband looked at our son and then looked at me. My husband and I were in the Army during the Gulf War and we would be honored to serve and defend our country again today. I knew that my husband would give him a good explanation.

My husband thought for a few minutes and then told my son to go stand in our front living room window. He said "Son, stand there and tell me what you see?""I see trees and cars and our neighbor's houses." he replied.

"OK, now I want you to pretend that our house and our yard is the United States of America and you are President Bush."

Our son giggled and said, "OK."

"Now son, I want you to look out the window and pretend that every house and yard on this block is a different country" my husband said.

"OK Dad, I'm pretending."

"Now I want you to stand there and look out the window and pretend you see Saddam come out of his house with his wife, he has her by the hair and is hitting her. You see her bleeding and crying. He hits her in the face, he throws her on the ground, then he starts to kick her to death. Their children run out and are afraid to stop him, they are screaming and crying, they are watching this but do nothing because they are kids and they are afraid of their father. You see all of this, son.... what do you do?"

"Dad?"

"What do you do son?"

"I'd call the police, Dad."

"OK. Pretend that the police are the United Nations. They take your call. They listen to what you know and saw but they refuse to help. What do you do then son?"

"Dad.......... but the police are supposed to help!" My son starts to whine.

"They don't want to son, because they say that it is not their place or your place to get involved and that you should stay out of it," my
husband says.

"But Dad...he killed her!!" my son exclaims.

"I know he did...but the police tell you to stay out of it. Now I want you to look out that window and pretend you see our neighbor who you're pretending is Saddam turn around and do the same thing to his children."

"Daddy...he kills them?"

"Yes son, he does. What do you do?"

"Well, if the police don't want to help, I will go and ask my next door neighbor to help me stop him." our son says.

"Son, our next door neighbor sees what is happening and refuses to get involved as well. He refuses to open the door and help you stop him," my husband says.

"But Dad, I NEED help!!! I can't stop him by myself!!"

"WHAT DO YOU DO SON?" Our son starts to cry.

"OK, no one wants to help you, the man across the street saw you ask for help and saw that no one would help you stop him. He stands taller and puffs out his chest. Guess what he does next son?"

"What Daddy?"

"He walks across the street to the old ladies house and breaks down her door and drags her out, steals all her stuff and sets her house on
fire and then...he kills her. He turns around and sees you standing in the window and laughs at you. WHAT DO YOU DO?"

"Daddy..."

"WHAT DO YOU DO?"

Our son is crying and he looks down and he whispers, "I'd close the blinds, Daddy."

My husband looks at our son with tears in his eyes and asks him..."Why?"

"Because Daddy.....the police are supposed to help people who need them...and they won't help.... You always say that neighbors are
supposed to HELP neighbors, but they won't help either...they won't help me stop him...I'm afraid....I can't do it by myself Daddy.....I can't look out my window and just watch him do all these terrible things and...and.....do nothing...so....I'm just going to close the blinds....so I can't see what he's doing........and I'm going to pretend that it is not happening."

I start to cry.

My husband looks at our nine year old son standing in the window, looking pitiful and ashamed at his answers to my husband's questions and he says..."Son"

"Yes, Daddy."

"Open the blinds because that man.... he's at your front door..."WHAT DO YOU DO?"

My son looks at his father, anger and defiance in his eyes. He balls up his tiny fists and looks his father square in the eyes, without
hesitation he says: "I DEFEND MY FAMILY DAD!! I'M NOT GONNA LET HIM HURT MOMMY OR MY SISTER, DAD!!! I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM, DAD, I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM!!!!!"

I see a tear roll down my husband's cheek and he grabs our son to his chest and hugs him tight, and says... "It's too late to fight him, he's too strong and he's already at YOUR front door son.....you should have stopped him BEFORE he killed his wife, and his children and the old lady across the way. You have to do what's right, even if you have to do it alone, before it's too late." my husband whispers.

THAT scenario I just gave you is WHY we are at war with Iraq . When good men stand by and let evil happen son, THAT is the greatest EVIL of all. Our President is doing what is right. We, as a free nation, must understand that this war is a war of humanity. WE must remove evil men from power so that we can continue to live in a free world where we are not afraid to look out our window so that my nine year old son won't grow up in a world where he feels that if he just "closes" that blinds the atrocities in the world won't affect him.

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT!, EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!" BE PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! BE PROUD OF OUR TROOPS!! SUPPORT THEM!!! SUPPORT AMERICA SO THAT IN THE FUTURE OUR CHILDREN WILL NEVER HAVE TO CLOSE THEIR BLINDS..."

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76542
10/24/04 01:00 AM
10/24/04 01:00 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
...WE must remove evil men from power so that we can continue to live in a free world where we are not afraid to look out our window so that my nine year old son won't grow up in a world where he feels that if he just "closes" that blinds the atrocities in the world won't affect him.
Who, IYO, are these 'evil men?' -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76543
10/24/04 09:54 AM
10/24/04 09:54 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
DC - That really brought a tear to my eye

Pat - You are kidding, right? Go to Iraq and help them dig up the mass graves where they've found 1000s of murdered women and children, and then ask that question again.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76544
10/24/04 10:11 AM
10/24/04 10:11 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
[QUOTE]Who, IYO, are these 'evil men?' -Pat
Pat, you miss the whole idea of the story. Please Open up your mind a little and put your political beliefs on the backburner every once in a while. If you start to see things more with an open mind, and digest the issue at hand every now and then before speaking, it will make you grow into a well rounded person as you get older.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76545
10/24/04 10:53 AM
10/24/04 10:53 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Don C.

Wow! I have to pass this on. This is exactly what I meant in that other thread. Please give me a tissue

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76546
10/24/04 11:21 AM
10/24/04 11:21 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

don cardi that is a very good way of explaining it to your son, i hope he understands things much better now.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76547
10/24/04 04:37 PM
10/24/04 04:37 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO:
don cardi that is a very good way of explaining it to your son, i hope he understands things much better now.
Thanks for the compliment my friend. But actually, if you read the very top of my post, I cannot take credit for telling this story, As I said, I read it in a magazine and just thought that I would share it with you all. However I did make my chidren read it and they were lie "WOW!"

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76548
10/24/04 04:47 PM
10/24/04 04:47 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

oh sorry,didnt read the very top bit

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76549
10/24/04 11:08 PM
10/24/04 11:08 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
Don C.

Wow! I have to pass this on. This is exactly what I meant in that other thread. Please give me a tissue
I know, seriously... Can Don C's posts please come with a complimentary tissue? (My personal preference is Kleenex )

Nice one, Don Cardi.

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76550
10/25/04 04:15 AM
10/25/04 04:15 AM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline
Anthony Lombardi  Offline

east coast
Seriously brought a tear to my eye. I'm definitely going to pass it on.

Thanks for the touching story, Don Cardi!

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76551
10/25/04 02:09 PM
10/25/04 02:09 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Or, if your neighbors were named Canada, France, Germany, or Russia, they'd tell you to open the window and throw your sister Israel out. :p :rolleyes:

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76552
10/25/04 03:09 PM
10/25/04 03:09 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
I know one thing. JOHN KERRY could tell that story a whole lot better! Just ask him.

Mr. Kerry, what do you plan on doing about this guy down the street?

Kerry: I know one thing, I am going to do it a whole lot better then BUSH!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76553
10/25/04 03:49 PM
10/25/04 03:49 PM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
Great story! It's nice to hear people acknowledge decisions as right or wrong, instead of Democrat or Republican.

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76554
10/25/04 03:52 PM
10/25/04 03:52 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
[QUOTE]...Pat, you miss the whole idea of the story...
What a surprise.

Anyway...GREAT story, Don Cardi...definitely one to pass along!!

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76555
10/25/04 03:59 PM
10/25/04 03:59 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
I asked a fair question. I want to know who these other leaders are, IYO, that we should go after and in which countries should be done. It was a reference in that story that I was replying too. Stop ignoring it. JG--What about the piles of people in Sudan? Guess those 70,000 people don't count...-Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76556
10/25/04 04:01 PM
10/25/04 04:01 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
:rolleyes:

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76557
10/25/04 04:03 PM
10/25/04 04:03 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
I'm waiting. There's nothing wrong with my question. I read that story and thought that it was very touching, but I want to know, IYO, what other countries we should help. I want to know. -Pat

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76558
10/25/04 04:30 PM
10/25/04 04:30 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
[QUOTE]... Please Open up your mind a little and put your political beliefs on the backburner every once in a while. If you start to see things more with an open mind, and digest the issue at hand every now and then before speaking, it will make you grow into a well rounded person as you get older....
Hey, Pat...what Don C said !!!

Think about it.

Try, real hard. Here...I'll help you.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76559
10/25/04 04:36 PM
10/25/04 04:36 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Ugh. Just answer my question and stop procrastinating your opinion so you can take cheap shots. -Pat

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76560
10/25/04 05:04 PM
10/25/04 05:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I want to know who these other leaders are.
The same leaders who John Kerry claimed that he met with and who told him that they supported him and did not suport The Bush Administration. The same leaders who when asked if and when they met with John Kerry, all said that they NEVER met with him.

Why haven't you talked about that story that came out today? How come you have not provided a link to that one?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76561
10/25/04 05:11 PM
10/25/04 05:11 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
I'm going to ask 1 more time. What leaders and which countries have these evil men we (USA) should get rid of? -Pat

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76562
10/25/04 11:47 PM
10/25/04 11:47 PM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline
Underboss
New York

"Daddy, why was Uncle Donald giving whips and chains to this bad neighbor, knowing that those chains were used to beat the bad man's first Iranian wife and his second Kurdish wife?"

"A refusal is not the act of a friend"
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76563
10/26/04 12:56 AM
10/26/04 12:56 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:

"Open the blinds because that man.... he's at your front door..."WHAT DO YOU DO?"

My son looks at his father, anger and defiance in his eyes. He balls up his tiny fists and looks his father square in the eyes, without
hesitation he says: "I DEFEND MY FAMILY DAD!! I'M NOT GONNA LET HIM HURT MOMMY OR MY SISTER, DAD!!! I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM, DAD, I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM!!!!!"

Funny...I don't remember any Iraqi's at my front door. They must have skipped by and gone to this guy's house.

Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76564
10/26/04 03:23 AM
10/26/04 03:23 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
"Daddy, why was Uncle Donald giving whips and chains to this bad neighbor, knowing that those chains were used to beat the bad man's first Iranian wife and his second Kurdish wife?"
Thank you Don Advisor. With all due respect I echo that as a question too. Kurdish wife was killed, in the worst case in the city of Halabja on March 16, 1988. Saddam Hussein's forces launched a chemical attack on Halabja, killing 5000 Kurdish men, women and children. That was 16 years ago. The Iranians were attacked on September 22, 1980. The US sold weapons to both sides and that war lasted 8 years. So many young people were sent to their death and that was about 24 years ago. Please don't use us to justify another war. That really disturbs me to remember what we went through and of course how UN, US, France or anybody else didn't care about us back then.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76565
10/26/04 06:25 AM
10/26/04 06:25 AM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
So the little Iraqi child who lives next door to Saddam says to his Mommy, "Mommy why did that really rich family who live in that huge house at the top of the street set fire to our house?" and the mother says "Because Saddam next door is a very bad man" and the son says "But Mommy didn't those guys in the big house used to deliver groceries to Saddam?" and the Mommy says "Yes that paid for their swimming pool but they saw Saddam putting hand grenades out with the trash and thought he was going to throw them at their house" and the boy says "but Mommy we know that those were lemons that had gone bad. Besides, how come Saddam is still alive and we have no home, no money, no school and Daddy and my two sisters are lying in the back garden with their arms and legs blown off..." and the Mommy says "That is for the greater good of everyone on the street" and the boy says "When is Daddy going to get better??" and he begins to cry. "Mommy can you pass me a Kleenex" and the mother says "We have no Kleenex, here is a dirty rag and some polluted water"

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76566
10/26/04 07:14 AM
10/26/04 07:14 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Senza Mama:
So the little Iraqi child who lives next door to Saddam says .................. the mother says "We have no Kleenex, here is a dirty rag and some polluted water"
And the Mommy reminisces about the neighborhood. About how good it used to be. Before Saddam moved in. Then all the pets on the block started being poisoned, and killed. Their owners who faced the new neighbor were beaten up, and they started living in fear. They were too afraid to go to the police. And the Mommy says, "Oh, how I wish we DID go to the cops, but we didn't. But fret not, my son, things will get better now .... Saddam is in jail, and he won't be back".

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76567
10/26/04 07:44 AM
10/26/04 07:44 AM
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[qb] Saddam is in jail, and he won't be back".
That's great Mommy but why did they kill my Daddy??

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76568
10/26/04 08:22 AM
10/26/04 08:22 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
An older neighbor passes by the ruins of the little boys backyard and hears the conversation of the little boy and his mother. She says which cops are you talking about? Don't you remember they helped the guy to move in?

The Iraqi monarchy was overthrown back in the 50s. The general became president and everything was okay for a while. It was the cold war however. He withdrew from diplomatic agreements with the west. Then he started buying weapons from the Soviets. The USA, fearing another nation would be lost to communism, decided the Iraqi president needed to be assassinated. The CIA funded and supported a thug who was also working for the Egyptian intelligence agency named 'Saddam' to do the job. It was botched up horribly. However the Ba'ath party did eventually assassinate him with full support of the United States and that's how Saddam came to power.

Whom should have we gone to, what cops are you talking about?? We are puppets dancing on the strings my boy ...

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76569
10/26/04 10:08 AM
10/26/04 10:08 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Please tell us about the reign of the Shah of Iran.
How were times then?

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76570
10/26/04 10:15 AM
10/26/04 10:15 AM
Indiana
Neri Offline
Capo
Neri  Offline
Capo
Indiana
[/qb][/QUOTE]Funny...I don't remember any Iraqi's at my front door. They must have skipped by and gone to this guy's house.

Doc [/QB][/QUOTE]

If that story is supposed to make people on both sides cry, then this should make people on both sides laugh. Anyway, I dont know if that story is supposed to be a true story or not, but what kind of father is ashamed at his 9 year old son for closing the blinds instead of going outside and trying to kill Saddam Hussein?

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster." - Henry Hill
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull