GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Mafia101, 1 invisible), 48 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,168
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,869
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Philadelphia alternate admins #985822
02/03/20 11:53 AM
02/03/20 11:53 AM
C
chin_gigante Offline OP
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline OP
C
Capo
On tape in November 1977, Philip Testa, Frank Narducci, Harry Riccobene and Nicodemo Scarfo complain about being kept in the dark (specifically Testa and Narducci, as underboss and a capo respectively) as to who Angelo Bruno was going to promote to replace the recently deceased consigliere Joseph Rugnetta. Narducci guessed that Bruno would make Nicholas Piccolo consigliere due to his age and status as a long-time member, while Testa wanted Scarfo to have the job but figured Bruno wouldn’t give it to him because he didn’t think Scarfo was old enough. Riccobene complained how things had changed from every member being able to propose and vote for consigliere to how now only ‘certain people’ would be chosen to ‘give [Bruno] the vote’. Testa then echoed Narducci’s guess that Bruno would promote Piccolo to ‘satisfy’ the Calabrian faction. Later, Nicholas Caramandi recalled that Antonio Caponigro was chosen as consigliere by the Calabrian faction. (Antonio Pollina also wanted the position, but Bruno turned him down).

Philip Leonetti recalls that, in the late-1970s, due to the problems Bruno was having with Testa, stemming from their different approaches to LCN, Bruno approached Scarfo and offered him a salary of $1,000 per week (and $500 each per week for Leonetti, Lawrence Merlino and Vincent Falcone) if he would side with Bruno. As part of this conspiracy, Testa would be killed and the position of underboss would go to Frank Narducci, who hoped to eventually succeed Bruno as boss. Testa had been urged to take over the family and even reportedly asked Bruno's permission to start his own family.

Following the Bruno murder, Caponigro expected to become boss and intended to make either Frank Sindone or Pasquale Martirano his underboss (George Fresolone identifies Martirano while Sindone is identified in Blood and Honour and Mafia Prince).

When Testa became boss, he named Scarfo consigliere and Peter Casella underboss. However, Leonetti claims Scarfo had expected to be made underboss, and Caramandi recalls Narducci expected the role of consigliere. (Scarfo was also reportedly offered the role or boss but turned it down in favour of Testa).

Fresolone writes that Sindone and John Simone were killed because they posed a threat to Testa’s leadership. Fresolone says that Sindone was not involved in the Bruno murder but was in fact a Bruno loyalist who was the popular choice among the capos to succeed Bruno, as opposed to Testa who was installed by the New York families. When recalling the murder of Simone, Salvatore Gravano said that Simone was killed for attempting to take over the family. Leonetti adds that Simone had been sending messages to Paul Castellano through Nicholas Russo that he wanted to take over but insists that Simone was also in on the Bruno murder. Frank Friel repeats that Simone was a threat to Testa’s leadership, but that he was backing Sindone to take over as boss.

According to Thomas DelGiorno, following Testa’s murder, Casella approached Scarfo and told him he received a message from New York saying Casella was the new boss and Narducci the underboss; again, Narducci hoped to succeed Casella. Leonetti adds that Riccobene also sought to take over as boss at this time but had no support from the capos. However, Fresolone alleges that following Casella’s failed takeover, Narducci was putting his support behind Riccobene. Riccobene later stated in an interview that he could have become boss years prior but hadn't because he didn't want it.

Following Scarfo’s arrest, Fresolone identifies Martirano as the first choice to take over as acting boss, but Martirano refused because he did not want to have to effectively relocate to Philadelphia to fulfil his duties and cited his health problems when he declined. Albert Pontani was also identified as a potential successor to Scarfo, and in some cases as he was briefly identified as a ‘caretaker’ of the organisation, due to his connections with the Gambino family in Trenton. Prosecutors in the trial of the murder of Frank D’Alfonso also alleged that Joseph Ligambi was Scarfo’s ‘designated heir’.

After being initiated into the family in 1990, Fresolone was told that he could take over as underboss once the ailing Martirano died. However, Fresolone was pulled from the street before he had the chance to be appointed.

John Stanfa was picked up on tape discussing how Salvatore Sparacio had attempted to shape the family hierarchy before Stanfa’s ascension to boss. Sparacio wanted to become underboss, while Anthony Piccolo would remain as boss and Stanfa would get the position of consigliere.

Prosecutors described Luigi Tripodi as a ‘close and trusted adviser whom Stanfa almost named as his underboss’.

Biagio Adornetto felt he would have made a better underboss to Stanfa than Joseph F Ciancaglini.

Following the attempted murder of Joseph F Ciancaglini, Stanfa considered promoting Michael Ciancaglini and Joseph Merlino to unspecified hierarchy positions in a plot to keep them close to make killing them easier. Stanfa ultimately didn’t promote either.

Gaetano Scafidi was picked up on tape discussing how Merlino had been going around describing Michael Ciancaglini as the boss and himself the underboss of Philadelphia. Ralph Natale testified on that from prison he considered himself the unofficial boss.

Vincent Pagano was picked up on tape in late-1994 saying that he and Frank Martines were lined up to take over if Stanfa was arrested (likely with Martines as acting boss and Pagano as acting underboss). Following Pagano and Martines’ arrest for the attempted murder of John Veasey, Sparacio was identified by sources as Stanfa’s choice to take over.

After Natale began cooperating with the FBI, he recalled that Ronald Turchi had attempted to subvert him by sending $10,000 to Leonard DiMaria in a bid to become the new boss of Philadelphia. From prison, Natale threatened Turchi to stop.

Peter Caprio testified that he attempted to take over in 2000, taking advantage of the fact that Merlino and Ligambi weren’t recognised as the heads of the family. Caprio testified that he would become boss, Daniel D’Ambrosia would be initiated and made underboss, and Martin Angelina would be consigliere.

Re: Philadelphia alternate admins [Re: chin_gigante] #990360
04/29/20 09:41 PM
04/29/20 09:41 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Some of this stuff in this thread I've never heard.

Anyone know if some of this stuff is true?

Bruno want Testa whacked and was gunna have Chickie Narducci as Underboss?

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Philadelphia alternate admins [Re: Zavattoni] #990362
04/29/20 09:48 PM
04/29/20 09:48 PM
C
chin_gigante Offline OP
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline OP
C
Capo
Originally Posted by Zavattoni

The Bruno/ Testa/ Narducci story is from Mafia Prince

Re: Philadelphia alternate admins [Re: chin_gigante] #990374
04/30/20 07:42 AM
04/30/20 07:42 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
So did ligambi have merlino's blessings to be boss or did he take over on his own?

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Philadelphia alternate admins [Re: Zavattoni] #990378
04/30/20 08:44 AM
04/30/20 08:44 AM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by Zavattoni

I have heard the story about Bruno coming to Scarfo when Bruno and Testa were beefing not long before Brunos death. That would explain why Testa was worried about having to go to New York after Brunos death. He would be suspect #1 given the situation and had New York got wind of that, then Scarfo going (with his relationship with Manna) would be the best way to handle it. That being said I can't recall where I heard that story or if I beleive it.

Re: Philadelphia alternate admins [Re: chin_gigante] #990379
04/30/20 08:57 AM
04/30/20 08:57 AM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
I dont buy alot of Fresolone's account. Nobody young or old from North Jersey was taking over that family. Now I am not saying they didnt have respect of Philly guys but none of the young guys were gonna hand the family over voluntarily, and North Jersey didnt have man power to go to war over it. Guys like Licata and Co were respected by young guys,

Re: Philadelphia alternate admins [Re: chin_gigante] #990386
04/30/20 10:24 AM
04/30/20 10:24 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I haven't read it in years but Tommy dels book mobfather with George A. Gives a better insight then any other books. I forgot alot but he said sindone had the vote of the capos over testa to become boss after bruno's death and abunch of other little stuff and sindone wanted to move out west to his horse farm and bruno wouldn't let him. I forgot most but that's a solid book and is barely spoke of. Blood n honor was great but I feel Tommy del had a better onsite then nick the crow.

Last edited by pmac; 04/30/20 10:25 AM.
Re: Philadelphia alternate admins [Re: pmac] #990388
04/30/20 10:49 AM
04/30/20 10:49 AM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by pmac
I haven't read it in years but Tommy dels book mobfather with George A. Gives a better insight then any other books. I forgot alot but he said sindone had the vote of the capos over testa to become boss after bruno's death and abunch of other little stuff and sindone wanted to move out west to his horse farm and bruno wouldn't let him. I forgot most but that's a solid book and is barely spoke of. Blood n honor was great but I feel Tommy del had a better onsite then nick the crow.

Alot of people say he didn't have anything to do with the hit on Bruno that he was a threat to the new regime

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull