GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 267 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,596
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? #983174
12/21/19 10:45 AM
12/21/19 10:45 AM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
It's been said that Carmine Persico voted against Carmine Galante being killed in 1979; What was the reason???? He was the only boss who voted against it.

Would love some responses!

Last edited by Zavattoni; 12/21/19 10:49 AM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983182
12/21/19 01:52 PM
12/21/19 01:52 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

probaly they were friends. think ive read they were cellmates. end of the day massino clearded this up and said it was not a commission vote. rusty was the boss and okd the murder on galante and had his guys do it. i think galante killed a few guys without rustys ok

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983184
12/21/19 03:47 PM
12/21/19 03:47 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
https://www.nytimes.com/1986/10/03/...of-mafia-boss-an-informer-testifies.html

PERSICO OPPOSED 1979 SLAYING OF MAFIA BOSS, AN INFORMER TESTIFIES

By Arnold H. Lubasch

Oct. 3, 1986
An informer testified yesterday that Carmine Persico told him that he had voted against killing Carmine Galante, a Mafia boss who was shot to death in 1979.

The informer, Fred DeChristopher, was an insurance salesman married to Mr. Persico's cousin. He testified in Manhattan at the Federal racketeering trial of Mr. Persico and seven others charged with taking part in a ruling Mafia commission.

Mr. DeChristopher quoted Mr. Persico as saying that he had shared a prison cell with Mr. Galante and that ''he was a friend and the top man in the Bonanno family.''

''And quite frankly, I voted against him getting hurt,'' the witness quoted Mr. Persico as telling him. Testimony on Galante Killing
But Mr. DeChristopher said his brother-in-law, Andrew Russo, identified as a member of the Colombo organized-crime family, clapped his hands and displayed ''a big smile'' on learning that Mr. Galante had been killed.

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983185
12/21/19 04:10 PM
12/21/19 04:10 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Lookong back. Do you really believe carmine snake the boss of the colombo family told this guys shit like that. It was fed to him buy the gov and he was told to say it. Think about it. Massino flipped and told it all it 2005. It was a bonanno family thing.

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983189
12/21/19 05:00 PM
12/21/19 05:00 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Read something a while back that; Carmine Galante's daughter and Allie Boy Jr were suppose to get married at some point. Is this true???

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983192
12/21/19 06:45 PM
12/21/19 06:45 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Read something a while back that; Carmine Galante's daughter and Allie Boy Jr were suppose to get married at some point. Is this true???

There is something to that don’t know if it was as far as planned but something right.

The Persico’s were very social people ( Carmine was in everything ) not high class but not hiding out in a brick row home either . They had all those cousins and in-laws and nieces and nephews aunts uncles up state all staying on same compound also Carmine and his brothers have houses there but all those neighborhoods guys that grew up with them would stay up there they would learn to shoot ride horses motorcycles Army jeeps that group of guys from many families from Red Hook area and ect.. and all that area stayed hanging with each other.

Last edited by Serpiente; 12/21/19 06:58 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983221
12/22/19 04:44 AM
12/22/19 04:44 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy

https://books.google.it/books?id=oZ...C30Q6AEwDHoECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=allie boy carmine galante daughter&f=false

Yes ever decristopher saied to Fbi that Persico told him that Galante wanted a marriage contract for let his daughter Nina can marry Allie Boy.

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983224
12/22/19 06:38 AM
12/22/19 06:38 AM
C
chin_gigante Offline
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline
C
Capo
Persico also wasn't the official boss of the Colombo family until 1980, so when he was attemping to appeal his conviction he argued that as he wasn't a boss he couldn't have been involved in the Commission and planning the murder. But that idea was dismissed because Persico was acknowledged as the de facto boss running the family while DiBella held the official position

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: chin_gigante] #983238
12/22/19 01:44 PM
12/22/19 01:44 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by chin_gigante
Persico also wasn't the official boss of the Colombo family until 1980, so when he was attemping to appeal his conviction he argued that as he wasn't a boss he couldn't have been involved in the Commission and planning the murder. But that idea was dismissed because Persico was acknowledged as the de facto boss running the family while DiBella held the official position

To be honest with you; I don't understand the set up with Tom DiBella and Carmine Persico. Its been said Persico was Underboss during the 70's and its also been said that DiBella was official boss; who happen to be a place holder.

Tom DiBella did have alot of power and he had full authorization to make members and order murders in the 70's.

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983244
12/22/19 04:39 PM
12/22/19 04:39 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by chin_gigante

To be honest with you; I don't understand the set up with Tom DiBella and Carmine Persico. Its been said Persico was Underboss during the 70's and its also been said that DiBella was official boss; who happen to be a place holder.

Tom DiBella did have alot of power and he had full authorization to make members and order murders in the 70's.

Carmine was the powerhouse in that family ( reasons ) right at that time no doubt DiBella was a front . You have to go back to before Colombo was killed if you can figure out what that was all about then you know why Carmine had all the power. No doubt!

And I am talking about other families power commission power .

Even though he was away his brother Allie and Teddy and many other blood members had everything still going for him .

The Colombo hit was not a accident and the people behind it all came up with Carmine , and if Colombo was to go the other bosses needed Carmine on board.

Carmine knew everything that everyone did in most families during the rise of all these bosses and powerful skippers .

People don’t step aside for others that have been away for ten years these guys step on them .... Carmine had a path cleared for him.

Last edited by Serpiente; 12/22/19 04:56 PM.

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983331
12/24/19 10:48 AM
12/24/19 10:48 AM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
Serp,

I'm a little confused. I thought the common thought was "Crazy" Joe Gallo organized the Columbo hit and if that's true why, would he set it up for Persico to take over when Persico betrayed them during the Gallo war and tried to kill his brother "Larry"? Did I misunderstand something? If I did my apologies, if I didn't please expand on this theory that "The Colombo hit was not a accident and the people behind it all came up with Carmine ." (I feel like you're implying the hit was to elevate Persico to boss). Thanks

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983350
12/24/19 02:06 PM
12/24/19 02:06 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
If crazy Joe killed Colombo he would of gained something not lost everything unless he was used.
Not saying he was not played but killing a boss back then did not happen unless planned and the ones that planed it took over the family.

That hit was sanctioned and who got the family Carmine .

Let alone it goes to a very powerful skipper that had been away for years comes out with more then he went in and then gets the family .

Last edited by Serpiente; 12/24/19 02:09 PM.

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983353
12/24/19 02:50 PM
12/24/19 02:50 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@Serpiente

Carmine took over the family as Boss or Underboss; Are you telling me that he might have had something to do with Joe Colombo's demise?? He gained the most out of it all but no one is willing to say he was involved...... He was the .most powerful captain but Tom DiBella took over...

No one ever mentions Carmine was involved in Colombo's demise; It's strange....

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983354
12/24/19 02:58 PM
12/24/19 02:58 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Would Galante’s very Sig/Zip connection be a deterrent, the elephant never forgets type of stuff.

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983356
12/24/19 03:11 PM
12/24/19 03:11 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
@Serpiente

Carmine took over the family as Boss or Underboss; Are you telling me that he might have had something to do with Joe Colombo's demise?? He gained the most out of it all but no one is willing to say he was involved...... He was the .most powerful captain but Tom DiBella took over...

No one ever mentions Carmine was involved in Colombo's demise; It's strange....

I am saying the people that wanted Colombo out of the way had Carmine and his friends blessings and many of them were very powerful and some were bosses.

Carmine had a lot of info on all these powerful guys because they did hits together and plotted hits as they were coming up even some that were at the top .

Why does a guy that’s in the joint for all those years get a family and a puppet boss . Everything set up for him the minute he walked out of the joint. Any other skipper those same guys would of been going after his stuff but instead everything was handed to him.

Top guys who wanted Colombo out of the way are the only ones powerful enough to pave the way that easy.

So possibly all but one or two maybe did not want Colombo gone but Gambino did and he was pretty powerful even if he used guys with a hatred to Colombo that thought they had there own agenda .

A black guy left holding a gun in the murder of a boss ...... and is killed without being able to tell who hired him that’s planned

Killed no less by by Colombo own solders ......they did not want himto talk.......if not they would of got him and made him tell .

In early 70’s No way a guy with a grudge (Gallo) gets outkills a boss and think he will live ! If Gallo planed a hit he would of known all the mob back then was coming......so no way that happened......unless Gallo was being used but if so his brothers would of known and it would of come out.

Because at that time I think only two of the Gallos were made .... so it would of been the entire LCN gunning for three brothers two of then made .

They would not of done it and still be respected by Westside.

DeBella Was a front .....or do you think he comes in puts his neck on the line and steps for Carmine ? I think he was told or asked to front and step as soon as Carmine gets out.

Last edited by Serpiente; 12/24/19 03:44 PM.

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Zavattoni] #983359
12/24/19 03:35 PM
12/24/19 03:35 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I would believe someone put a black guy up to it frame Gallo before I believe Gallo did it not to take over the family. Just don’t make sense.

Gallo getting hit shuthim up or for breaking the rules but not for killing Colombo all though if he knew anything about it or was asked to come in by Gambino possibly and then hitfor what he knew.

And of course Gallos hated Persico’s no way Gallo killed Colombo knowing Carmine gets the family no way.

You know Colombo was telling it without telling it . Making guys skippers solders associates march in front of cameras and exposing almost every high level member.

That got him killed , he exposing all those members.....worse then Gotti did making all his skippers Parade in front of the cameras at the Ravenite club.

Same reason why nobody tried to kill him in hospital all those years ! he was out of power and silenced if Gallo wanted him killed he would of finished it in hospital. Early 70’s you could get anyone killed in a hospital easy.

Not saying I was told anything just saying nobody kills a sitting boss in 1970 that the Commission does not want killed or the killer takes or is given the family..... noway !

Last edited by Serpiente; 12/24/19 03:55 PM.

Re: Why did Persico vote against Galante being killed? [Re: Serpiente] #983590
12/29/19 03:23 AM
12/29/19 03:23 AM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by Serpiente
I would believe someone put a black guy up to it frame Gallo before I believe Gallo did it not to take over the family. Just don’t make sense.

Gallo getting hit shuthim up or for breaking the rules but not for killing Colombo all though if he knew anything about it or was asked to come in by Gambino possibly and then hitfor what he knew.

And of course Gallos hated Persico’s no way Gallo killed Colombo knowing Carmine gets the family no way.

You know Colombo was telling it without telling it . Making guys skippers solders associates march in front of cameras and exposing almost every high level member.

That got him killed , he exposing all those members.....worse then Gotti did making all his skippers Parade in front of the cameras at the Ravenite club.

Same reason why nobody tried to kill him in hospital all those years ! he was out of power and silenced if Gallo wanted him killed he would of finished it in hospital. Early 70’s you could get anyone killed in a hospital easy.

Not saying I was told anything just saying nobody kills a sitting boss in 1970 that the Commission does not want killed or the killer takes or is given the family..... noway !

Nobody cares. The Columbos are a bunch of in breads, always have been and always will be. People in South Jersey know nothing. they should just be happy not to live in Toms River.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull