GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (JCrusher), 278 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,564
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,032
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,348
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: about small families [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #983075
12/19/19 03:50 PM
12/19/19 03:50 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
I always thinked if the "NY put a freeze on the induction on the small families" is true. I mean if in a small family like pittsburgh simple inducted new member even without NY permission instead of let that the family die?
After the commission trial there was no more a national commission and NY was far away.

Considering your vast knowledge of Pittsburgh, who was their last made member?

Chuckie Porter but you're the expert friend of henry.

Re: about small families [Re: MeyerLansky] #983077
12/19/19 04:03 PM
12/19/19 04:03 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
I believe theirs new made members in Pittsburgh thier too much organized crime in Pittsburgh for it not to be. And do new york have the power to close the books for one particular family and purposely kill them off? Shouldn't a move like that be voted on? If you close the books don't that effect all families and not just one?

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: about small families [Re: furio_from_naples] #983143
12/20/19 05:46 PM
12/20/19 05:46 PM
T
TheAngel Offline
Wiseguy
TheAngel  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by TheAngel
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
am i the only one who notice that most of the people love reading, watching anything that have to do with the smaller mob families ?
let's take an example : the sopranos
the real life trafficante family (their past of course)
the real life philly mob (tons of news and articles about them! even til today !!! ) and also the rizzuto's
i just wanted to point that out
because that's really interesting...
in the 40s till the -70s
the small families outside on NY practically ruled the mob (trafficante, buffalo, philly, outfit, marcello)
which basically means the quality is sometimes a lot better then quantity right ?

The Outfit was/is not a small family. They are one of the biggest LCN juggernauts there ever was

Originally Posted by TheAngel
Slightly OT, but Chicago is easily the most fascinating LCN family of all time. They’ve had ONE single lone made member flip & testify (Scarpelli never got his chance. It’s been rumoured that Jimmy Boy Cozzo was the infamous C1 informant, but never proven, and I’m not sure he was made). That is absolutely unfathomable. It’s incredible & difficult to wrap one’s head around. And this is CHICAGO we’re talking about here, murica’s only other mega-metro. This ain’t Boston, or St Louis, Buffalo, or whatever.

Heck, prior to Joseph Fosco’s ANP forum, not much was known in regards to the details of the Outfit’s inner workings. That forum really blew the lid off of many a topic & exposed the public to names that we’d never heard before. Lee Magnifichi, for example, one of the most powerful Outfit guys EVER, the one time #2 in the Elmwood Park Crew, and no one had really ever heard of him. The Outfit’s secrecy & ambiguity is astounding. You have to wonder just how they’ve managed to maintain it. I mean, ONE single made guy, in the entire history of the largest murican LCN family outside of NY!? The culture must truly be quite different there. We’ve gotten peaks into the current regime with the Panozzo Crew & Carparelli busts, but they were mere glimpses into what is still the most impenetrable LCN family of them all.

I’ve heard Sol DeLaurentis is really reorganizing things as the #1 now.

Yes but the Outfit had 30-40 made men and even you said that the Outfit made at the same level the italians with the non-italians at the end is a small family,and also Detroit family had only 1 rats.

[Linked Image]

Detroit was/is minuscule compared to the Outfit. That’s be like comparing Buffalo to the Gambinos. They don’t compare

Also, no murican LCN family is pure Italian. Doesn’t work that way. Every Murican LCN family has non italians in it. It isn’t Europe. John Gotti was part Jew & the New York families had way way way more high up non Italian associates than any other families.

The Outfit never made any non Italians. Frank Schweihs & Gus/Sam Alex weren’t made men.

Re: about small families [Re: MeyerLansky] #983144
12/20/19 05:51 PM
12/20/19 05:51 PM
T
TheAngel Offline
Wiseguy
TheAngel  Offline
T
Wiseguy
To clarify, no Murica LCN families are devoid of higher up non Italian associates, they all have them, and the bigger the family, the more non Italians involved. It’s not Italy over there, it’s a random melting pot of races from other (real) countries/nations.

Also to clarify, the Outfit never made a non Italian. Aleman & Schweihs were arguably the most prolific Outfit hitters ever, but neither were made guys

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull