GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, 1 invisible), 334 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,665
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75357
10/12/04 03:51 PM
10/12/04 03:51 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Entertainment Weekly:

Quote:
Eminem's new video is called ''Just Lose It,'' which is what Michael Jackson did when he saw it. The clip makes fun of the King of Pop, with several scenes of Eminem dressed as Jackson and satirizing notorious episodes from his life, including the current allegations against him of child molestation. ''Michael Jackson is very angry. He feels that Eminem has crossed the line,'' Jackson spokeswoman Raymone Bain told the New York Daily News. ''Michael is calling upon all networks to pull the video.''

In one of the scenes where Eminem dresses up as Jackson, little boys jump up and down on a bed. Another shows Eminem/Jackson with his hair catching fire, as in his ill-fated 1984 Pepsi commercial shoot. In another, the singer's nose falls off. The rapper seems to want to have it both ways, simultaneously lampooning Jackson while denying he's doing so; one lyric says: ''That's not a stab at Michael/ That's just a metaphor/ I'm just psycho.'' The video also sends up other pop cultural figures and films, including Madonna, MC Hammer, Pee-Wee Herman, and the movies "Bad Santa," "Old School," and Eminem's own "8 Mile."

Despite tabloid rumors, Bain denied to the Daily News that Jackson plans to sue the rapper. He merely wants to get TV outlets to agree not to air the video, which Bain said he finds ''completely insensitive,'' as well as ''disrespectful and offensive.'' She said that so far, only BET had agreed to do so. Speaking to TV's "Celebrity Justice," a BET spokesperson confirmed that the channel would not air ''Just Lose It,'' in response to Jackson's request and out of respect for BET's longstanding relationship with him. There's been no comment from Eminem or his record label.
I think this is a load of crap. I can't believe BET already pulled the video. Eminem makes fun of himself for crying out loud. He's the best rapper alive right now and has the power to write and perform about whatever he wants. It's bad enough that they edit language on TV, but now a child molestor can say what goes on and off of the air? I didn't see anyone banning Jackson from TV when he danced and grabbed his private. Give me a break. Thoughts? -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75358
10/12/04 05:01 PM
10/12/04 05:01 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
It's silly to ban it, but also naive on your behalf to call Jackson a child molestor. I love Eminem's new video--just come out over here, and it's popular too. I like his recentmost D12 outing too, but "Just Lose It" (a reference to Jacko's nose, perhaps?) is better.

It shouldn't be banned--dressing up as Osama Bin Laden wasn't deemed inappropriate, so why should this be?

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75359
10/12/04 05:27 PM
10/12/04 05:27 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I agree with both of you guys. What ever happened to freedom of speech? I don't think it should get banned. Is it tasteless, sure in some scenes (where Michael's hair caught fire), but other than that I love it. I was telling my roommate when I watched it, I love Eminem's, Busta Rhymes & Beastie Boys music videos just because they're so funny & they make them seem fun. They don't just get hot chicks & show themselves dancing around. They put time, money, and thought into them & that's what I love about them. They're great to watch!

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75360
10/12/04 05:52 PM
10/12/04 05:52 PM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
I'd love to see this video, but I do believe Michael Jackson has the right to have it pulled. Yes there is Freedom of Speech in this country but there is also a right to protect your own name. It's just a shame Jackson can't take it as a joke because I'm sure it's funny.

Also Capo, what do you mean it's naive for Pat to call Michael Jackson a child molestor? I personally think it is incredibly naive to think otherwise. A fully grown man admitting that he loves to have little boys sleep in his bed is sick.

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75361
10/12/04 06:05 PM
10/12/04 06:05 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Sounds pretty hilarious. I hope it comes on soon.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75362
10/12/04 07:13 PM
10/12/04 07:13 PM
Virginia
Raulito Offline
Underboss
Raulito  Offline
Underboss
Virginia
How are they going to do that? If a musician like Micheal Jackson has lost all popularity in the US, why can't he just embrace that fact? He runied his own life, made the wrong decisions, etc. If he wants to be known as a guy who can't take a little joke, then let it be that way. I can agree with a lot of people that this video is hilarious, but I really hate the way Eminem does this thing, the continuing cycle. The first video is the funny, the second is the tough guy one. Examples: From the Marshall Mathers Lp, the first video was Real Slim Shady, then after was The way I am. On Eminem Show, it was Without me, then Cleaning out my closet. It looks like hes gonna do it again. Either way, Im still gonna buy the album and support Eminem.

"It is better to die standing than to live on your knees."
-Che Guevara
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75363
10/12/04 09:34 PM
10/12/04 09:34 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Eminem is a whiney little white boy so if I hear the song, see the video, I'll be channeling in a matter of seconds, but banning it is rediculous.It should be banned because Eminem is in it, not because it makes fun of Jackson. Spoofing someone/thing isnt illegal.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75364
10/12/04 09:52 PM
10/12/04 09:52 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
Eminem is a whiney little white boy
I hate Eminem, but what the hell does him being white have to do with anything?

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75365
10/12/04 10:09 PM
10/12/04 10:09 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline
Anthony Lombardi  Offline

east coast
cuz wh!te boiz is mad ghey yo LOL!!!!

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75366
10/12/04 11:02 PM
10/12/04 11:02 PM
Desolation Row
Underboss
Underboss
Desolation Row
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
[b] Eminem is a whiney little white boy
I hate Eminem, but what the hell does him being white have to do with anything? [/b][/quote]He's a whiney little %&#$#!*&*&%^% who complains/denies being white, to fit in with his peers.Thats why the video should be banned, it features him. What did the public do to deserve such punishment.

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75367
10/12/04 11:14 PM
10/12/04 11:14 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
He's a whiney little %&#$#!*&*&%^% who complains/denies being white...
Could you show me where he "complained/denied being white?"

Quote:
Thats why the video should be banned, it features him. What did the public do to deserve such punishment.
He's the best rapper in the game right now. I wouldn't exactly call that punishment. The only rapper right now that even comes close to being as good as Eminem is Kanye West. Jay-Z is retired and I guess one could argue about Ludacris. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75368
10/13/04 04:25 AM
10/13/04 04:25 AM
Q
QTN Offline
Made Member
QTN  Offline
Q
Made Member
"He's a whiney little %&#$#!*&*&%^% who complains/denies being white, to fit in with his peers.Thats why the video should be banned, it features him. What did the public do to deserve such punishment."

What the %&*# are you talking about?!?!?!

Fact is, Eminem is indeed one of the tops, if not the best, of the rap music genre methinks. Besides, hes always put out consistently quality work, something that not all artists/musicians can vouch for.

Speaking of which, Patrick is pretty much right. I mean I lost count of all the "wankster gangsta" rappers running around with their garbage...and yes, I'm talking to you JA RULE!

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75369
10/13/04 05:39 AM
10/13/04 05:39 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
If we're getting onto (very insignificant) skin colour, Michael Jackson is also white, last time I looked. :p

It was initially naive (to me) for Pat to call Wacko Jacko a child molestor, as I didn't think he'd actually been convicted of anything yet. Correct me if he has been, though. He's a bit of a psycho, but child molesting is perhaps the lowest any piece of scum can go on Earth, and I wouldn't call him one.

Mick

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75370
10/13/04 08:40 AM
10/13/04 08:40 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
t3H @r3 n0t 1337 3n0ugH f0r us! :p

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75371
10/13/04 06:14 PM
10/13/04 06:14 PM
DC
pacino princess Offline
Underboss
pacino princess  Offline
Underboss
DC
the thing is- it's funny, yes. But it's a matter of principle. Like for example, when Eminem was going through a trial, fighting for custody of his little girl; some guy didn't write a song about it blasting him on MTV with some crazy video. Michael Jackson is ON TRIAL. He's fighting for his freedom AND his children.
I guess what I'm saying is, we don't know if he is guilty or not-only God knows that-BUT-before the trial is over, it's not fair to put his image out there like that. just my op.

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75372
10/13/04 09:30 PM
10/13/04 09:30 PM
Desolation Row
Underboss
Underboss
Desolation Row
Regarding everyone complaining about my above posts(God I sound like Pat)- Seeing as how I do not follow rap, I cannot list the exact place in written history where Eminem has complained/denied being white, but the only time I have ever heard him speak w/o music he was "bein' hated on for bein' white" or something of that nature.Waa waa boo hoo hoo. I really could care less if he was white, blue green, etc but dont complain about it.Youre making moey arent you? You arent getting the shit kicked out of you, are you? As for him being the best, as I said, I dont listen to it so I will keep my opinions to myself.

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75373
10/14/04 07:41 PM
10/14/04 07:41 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
Why can't he just leave Jackson alone? Does Eminem really need to do this?

Of course not.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75374
10/15/04 12:05 AM
10/15/04 12:05 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I seen a little of it on the today show and I thought it was funny. That kind of thing is bound to happen when you are in the public eye. What is Jackson afraid of? I don't see what the big deal is.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75375
10/15/04 07:03 AM
10/15/04 07:03 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by pacino princess:
the thing is- it's funny, yes. But it's a matter of principle. Like for example, when Eminem was going through a trial, fighting for custody of his little girl; some guy didn't write a song about it blasting him on MTV with some crazy video. Michael Jackson is ON TRIAL. He's fighting for his freedom AND his children.
Do you honestly think he'd care if someone wrote a song about it? He'd shout right back with his own song. -Pat

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75376
10/15/04 05:27 PM
10/15/04 05:27 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Jacko should feel honoured somebody is paying attention to him; Moby relished being bashed by Mathers. :p

Mick

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75377
10/15/04 06:26 PM
10/15/04 06:26 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
I love it when you talk like that. :p

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75378
10/16/04 08:47 AM
10/16/04 08:47 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

i love eminem his music rocks-the video is cool.

i love jakco as well.

the video is just a funny way to promote it. dont know what the fuss is about

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75379
10/16/04 12:52 PM
10/16/04 12:52 PM
Canada
Alex Morello Offline
Made Member
Alex Morello  Offline
Made Member
Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO:
i love eminem his music rocks-the video is cool.

i love jakco as well.

the video is just a funny way to promote it. dont know what the fuss is about
For someone who's from the U.K. you never bother to put Capitals or check you're grammar.

Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75380
10/16/04 02:51 PM
10/16/04 02:51 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Heres the video .

You talkin' to me?
Re: Michael Jackson Attempts to Block Eminem Video Spoof #75381
10/16/04 03:09 PM
10/16/04 03:09 PM
DC
pacino princess Offline
Underboss
pacino princess  Offline
Underboss
DC
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
[quote]Originally posted by pacino princess:
[b] the thing is- it's funny, yes. But it's a matter of principle. Like for example, when Eminem was going through a trial, fighting for custody of his little girl; some guy didn't write a song about it blasting him on MTV with some crazy video. Michael Jackson is ON TRIAL. He's fighting for his freedom AND his children.
Do you honestly think he'd care if someone wrote a song about it? He'd shout right back with his own song. -Pat [/b][/quote]the point is not whether M&M would strike back if Jackson were to do such a thing-- the point is his image is being put out there as a guilty man, and those deciding his fate are constantly being presented with that image. I'm not saying the man is innocent, like I said, I don't know. BUT- seeing that type of shit over and over, makes me truly believe the man should be put away without any rational thinking or evidence.
thats definitely not good for the guy on trial is alls im saying.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull