GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 241 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,493
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,336
Posts1,058,841
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jersey Shore #965380
03/06/19 06:41 PM
03/06/19 06:41 PM
M
majicrat Offline OP
Underboss
majicrat  Offline OP
M
Underboss
A while back I took a lot of heat for saying there was minimal organized activity in the Jersey Shore area. I was even accused of 1) being from another country, 2) not being from NY/NJ area (which I still don't get how if I wasn't from the area that matters) and 3) just plain ignorant. I'm not into getting in petty arguments, however I do ask for specific facts at times and not rumors which at times seem to be a short supply and results in some posters starting the insults. So before the insults start, I maintain there is minimal, if any organized activity in the area. Some claim Toms River has a crew (Decalvacante?) I say not a competent crew claiming its their area. There may be a few guys who have something going but nothing kicking up and nothing significant. If I'm wrong please say so with facts. Some claim Seaside is being run by the Philly and/or Luchese's, I say not anymore, only in name not family. In other words, maybe mobster surnames are still around but the made guys I don't think so. If I'm wrong say so with facts please. For the record, I'm from the USA and I'm also from the NY/NJ area for whatever that's worth to those who think it matters when discussing these things.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965390
03/06/19 08:16 PM
03/06/19 08:16 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
The 2015 DeCavalcante bust was of the DeCavalcante’s Toms River Area Crew at the shore.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #965391
03/06/19 09:18 PM
03/06/19 09:18 PM
NEPA and now Fla
J
Jshov31 Offline
Retired Capo
Jshov31  Offline
Retired Capo
J
Made Member
NEPA and now Fla
The Perna’s still have some interest’s down the shore. 100% sure of this.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Jshov31] #965393
03/06/19 09:27 PM
03/06/19 09:27 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Originally Posted by Jshov31
The Perna’s still have some interest’s down the shore. 100% sure of this.

100% spot on

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965425
03/07/19 10:47 AM
03/07/19 10:47 AM
D
DonCheech Offline
Button
DonCheech  Offline
D
Button
I believe that Louis Auricchio of the Genovese is operating down around the Long Branch area. May have a restaurant there as well?? This was a few years back. Also was told that Michael Taccetta is down the shore now after being released. Anybody have any info?

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Jshov31] #965426
03/07/19 10:49 AM
03/07/19 10:49 AM
D
DonCheech Offline
Button
DonCheech  Offline
D
Button
For jshov31: Do you know what kind of interests the Perna's have down there? Bookmaking, a business, or something?

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965427
03/07/19 11:37 AM
03/07/19 11:37 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
The Philly North Jersey Crew has some presence down here at the shore as well.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965435
03/07/19 12:50 PM
03/07/19 12:50 PM
J
JoeTadaro Offline
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline
J
Made Member
Does anyone know anything about Bonanno capo Joseph Sammartino who operates in New Jersey?

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965469
03/07/19 06:55 PM
03/07/19 06:55 PM
M
majicrat Offline OP
Underboss
majicrat  Offline OP
M
Underboss
I suppose we could drop names and say they have interests , however, I still don't believe nor did anyone state any specifics to support activity being prevalent down the shore. Cheech, I was told by a friend that Taccetta is NOT down the shore and is in the Springfield/Summit area most days as he sees him around quite often. As far as the Perna's having interests, depends on your definition of interest. Again, the shore is not what it was in the past as far as mob activity goes. Like almost all locations outside major metropolitan areas activity is a shell of what is was (pre 90's) and it wont be coming back. Just the way it is.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965484
03/07/19 10:17 PM
03/07/19 10:17 PM
NEPA and now Fla
J
Jshov31 Offline
Retired Capo
Jshov31  Offline
Retired Capo
J
Made Member
NEPA and now Fla
Originally Posted by majicrat
I suppose we could drop names and say they have interests , however, I still don't believe nor did anyone state any specifics to support activity being prevalent down the shore. Cheech, I was told by a friend that Taccetta is NOT down the shore and is in the Springfield/Summit area most days as he sees him around quite often. As far as the Perna's having interests, depends on your definition of interest. Again, the shore is not what it was in the past as far as mob activity goes. Like almost all locations outside major metropolitan areas activity is a shell of what is was (pre 90's) and it wont be coming back. Just the way it is.

Multiple weekly card games kicking up, drugs, a half dozen or so book’s(one of which is fairly substantial) and a few massage parlor’s. Nobody said that Jersey or anywhere else will EVER be like it was in the old days. Somebody asked a question and I gave an honest answer. Some of you guys on here ask for specifics like we should be helping the cops indict people. You might notice that I don’t have a nickname or some goofy avatar on here. It’s the first initial of my first name and the beginning of my last name. I did time with a dozen or so of the guys routinely talked about on here from Pa, Nj and NYC and the last thing I’m ever going to do is speak about specifics that aren’t public knowledge for people who may be loosely connected to some of the people talked about. I still speak to a few of them on Corrlinks and on IG. Guys like Bobby Manna, Cassesse(I fucking never spell’s Mikes mane right), Rago, Tranquillo, Desciscio and Dota. I would never, ever put something out there that would put someone in harms way. I apologize for the rant but sometimes people in here forget that these are real people sitting behind bars or dead. It’s not a fucking movie.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965485
03/07/19 10:34 PM
03/07/19 10:34 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i know nothing about jersey shore ive been there 1time. i agree with you jshov. i just figure every seedy nightclub and every strip club down there is owned by someone connected or has a hidden piece or using a back room for moday night porker games and the cash circulates. just like it does everywhere in the northeast

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965486
03/07/19 10:35 PM
03/07/19 10:35 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i figure the rub n tug places are own an ran buy whatever ethnic group is giving the handys and there no sharing a penny with anyone.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Jshov31] #965506
03/08/19 07:28 AM
03/08/19 07:28 AM
D
DonCheech Offline
Button
DonCheech  Offline
D
Button
I hear what you're saying Jshov31 but you're on a public forum titled Organized Crime-Real Life. I cant speak for all, but I come here to learn different things, real life info on organized crime as it happening today depending on the thread. Talking about things that are already "public knowledge" defeats the purpose of the whole forum for me. I read and contribute to the forums to learn more than what's already known to the public. I get that there are some posters who are legitimately connected or hooked up in various forms or with persons involved in OC, but again you are on a public forum. Youre right, it's not a movie, it's a discussion. And not to start a fight, but why would you use your first initial and the first 4 of your last name as your public forum name? With the names you mentioned, I would love to hear more about them.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Jshov31] #965509
03/08/19 08:00 AM
03/08/19 08:00 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss

Multiple weekly card games kicking up, drugs, a half dozen or so book’s(one of which is fairly substantial) and a few massage parlor’s. Nobody said that Jersey or anywhere else will EVER be like it was in the old days. Somebody asked a question and I gave an honest answer. Some of you guys on here ask for specifics like we should be helping the cops indict people. You might notice that I don’t have a nickname or some goofy avatar on here. It’s the first initial of my first name and the beginning of my last name. I did time with a dozen or so of the guys routinely talked about on here from Pa, Nj and NYC and the last thing I’m ever going to do is speak about specifics that aren’t public knowledge for people who may be loosely connected to some of the people talked about. I still speak to a few of them on Corrlinks and on IG. Guys like Bobby Manna, Cassesse(I fucking never spell’s Mikes mane right), Rago, Tranquillo, Desciscio and Dota. I would never, ever put something out there that would put someone in harms way. I apologize for the rant but sometimes people in here forget that these are real people sitting behind bars or dead. It’s not a fucking movie.

And the trolls will always have something to say if you don’t tell it or say more thenyou should ...... fuck them go by your code of what you think is right because if found out only you will have to answer....... fuck them.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Jersey Shore [Re: DonCheech] #965523
03/08/19 09:53 AM
03/08/19 09:53 AM
NEPA and now Fla
J
Jshov31 Offline
Retired Capo
Jshov31  Offline
Retired Capo
J
Made Member
NEPA and now Fla
Originally Posted by DonCheech
I hear what you're saying Jshov31 but you're on a public forum titled Organized Crime-Real Life. I cant speak for all, but I come here to learn different things, real life info on organized crime as it happening today depending on the thread. Talking about things that are already "public knowledge" defeats the purpose of the whole forum for me. I read and contribute to the forums to learn more than what's already known to the public. I get that there are some posters who are legitimately connected or hooked up in various forms or with persons involved in OC, but again you are on a public forum. Youre right, it's not a movie, it's a discussion. And not to start a fight, but why would you use your first initial and the first 4 of your last name as your public forum name? With the names you mentioned, I would love to hear more about them.

I joined this forum to learn more about a lot of the guys I spent time with at FCI Fairton, some of their stories fascinated me. Also, the things I read just don’t match up with the guys I knew. Sure I knew what most of them were sentenced for but beyond that much of the things you here inside are bs. As far as why I use the name I use it’s because it’s been my nickname and my email since about 1999. I’m not a big fan of change. I even had a damn Cadillac with that as my license plate.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965528
03/08/19 11:46 AM
03/08/19 11:46 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Cut of club door fees down here at the shore too they were getting and I am sure someone still is picking up for them if I had to guess.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Jshov31] #965554
03/08/19 04:44 PM
03/08/19 04:44 PM
D
DonCheech Offline
Button
DonCheech  Offline
D
Button

I joined this forum to learn more about a lot of the guys I spent time with at FCI Fairton, some of their stories fascinated me. Also, the things I read just don’t match up with the guys I knew. Sure I knew what most of them were sentenced for but beyond that much of the things you here inside are bs. As far as why I use the name I use it’s because it’s been my nickname and my email since about 1999. I’m not a big fan of change. I even had a damn Cadillac with that as my license plate.

Ok. Fair enough. If you can share some of the experiences you've had though, I for one would love to hear about them. Especially things you say that are BS or reported as wrong. Reading about it in a book is one thing. Reading about it from someone in the know is fascinating. But that's just me.

Regarding an earlier comment about "trolls", not made by you Jshov31, and whether it was directed my way. Wanting to know more from people who perhaps were or are in the position to expound on the forum subjects is not being a troll as far as I'm concerned. I come here to hear about things you won't read in the paper. It's a subject I enjoy hearing about especially being from where I am from and am currently still. Calling somebody a troll for that?, I think not.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965559
03/08/19 05:18 PM
03/08/19 05:18 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
DonCheech

That be me .... no had nothing to do with you or anybody it just had to do with a poster feeling comfortable about what they share because they have to see these people one way or another they will run into someone , many times you are asked more and you can always PM the person to keep info off the post.

All good nothing to do with anyone here.

Last edited by Serpiente; 03/08/19 05:19 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965568
03/08/19 06:49 PM
03/08/19 06:49 PM
M
majicrat Offline OP
Underboss
majicrat  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Again not looking to argue with anyone or challenge anyone's post, I take from the posts whatever new information I can since I do this for fun. What I gather from this particular thread is "we" apparently differ on the definition of "activity". I don't consider having a sports book or running a club major activity and that's all I feel the families are doing down the shore now a days. I know an Irish book maker in the area and I suppose he has "interest" in the area, that doesn't mean the Westies or any other Irish organized crime group is active in the area. I can also tell you his book is pretty valuable, if the families were around as some like to think they are I'm pretty sure he'd be kicking up to someone and I can tell you for sure he isn't. Anyway good stuff. Thanks.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965579
03/08/19 09:07 PM
03/08/19 09:07 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Again not looking to argue with anyone or challenge anyone's post, I take from the posts whatever new information I can since I do this for fun. What I gather from this particular thread is "we" apparently differ on the definition of "activity". I don't consider having a sports book or running a club major activity and that's all I feel the families are doing down the shore now a days. I know an Irish book maker in the area and I suppose he has "interest" in the area, that doesn't mean the Westies or any other Irish organized crime group is active in the area. I can also tell you his book is pretty valuable, if the families were around as some like to think they are I'm pretty sure he'd be kicking up to someone and I can tell you for sure he isn't. Anyway good stuff. Thanks.

Give it some time eventually someone will lean on him for a cut, I’ll Guarantee. There’s not many independent bookies in Jersey.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965652
03/09/19 07:53 PM
03/09/19 07:53 PM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member

The Genovese were traditionally the strongest family at the north Jersey Shore, i.e. Monmouth and the northern part of Ocean County. Pussy Russo ran Long Branch before he was killed in the Spa in that town. A made guy in Ray Decarlo's crew Lucky Pecorrelo operated in Asbury Park and Jimmy's restaurant in Asbury Park was owned by Genovese associates. John DiGilio lived in Holmdel and was extorting Herb Gross in Lakewood. I think that Bobby Manna had a house in Brick, Ninny Bruschi lived in Jackson and then Asbury Park and Larry Dentico lived in Seaside Park. The Lucheses were obviously present as were the Gambinos and to a lesser extent the other NY families and Philly. The Decavalacantes had activity in Toms River, some of it pretty recently. As for activity now, who knows, maybe the guys are living in the area but doing their business elsewhere. It is hard to say unless there is a bust. but I would assume that it is nothing like it was into even the early 90's.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: JC] #965703
03/10/19 12:15 PM
03/10/19 12:15 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Originally Posted by JC

The Genovese were traditionally the strongest family at the north Jersey Shore, i.e. Monmouth and the northern part of Ocean County. Pussy Russo ran Long Branch before he was killed in the Spa in that town. A made guy in Ray Decarlo's crew Lucky Pecorrelo operated in Asbury Park and Jimmy's restaurant in Asbury Park was owned by Genovese associates. John DiGilio lived in Holmdel and was extorting Herb Gross in Lakewood. I think that Bobby Manna had a house in Brick, Ninny Bruschi lived in Jackson and then Asbury Park and Larry Dentico lived in Seaside Park. The Lucheses were obviously present as were the Gambinos and to a lesser extent the other NY families and Philly. The Decavalacantes had activity in Toms River, some of it pretty recently. As for activity now, who knows, maybe the guys are living in the area but doing their business elsewhere. It is hard to say unless there is a bust. but I would assume that it is nothing like it was into even the early 90's.

+1 Jimmys Restaurant in Asbury Park is spectacular by the way and I highly reccomend it.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #965733
03/10/19 03:14 PM
03/10/19 03:14 PM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by DanteMoltisanti
Originally Posted by JC

+1 Jimmys Restaurant in Asbury Park is spectacular by the way and I highly reccomend it.

It is very good I haven't been there in years. It was a horrible tragedy what happened to the wife of one of the former owners, Babe Miraglia. Their grandson killed Babe's wife and his girlfriend, the mother of his kids, about 15 years ago. I also forgot to mention that T. Fiumara lived in Spring Lake for a while and Joe Profaci's son lived in Holmdel. A bunch of guys over the years have lived in Colts Neck, like Corky Vastola, Long Branch, Manalapan, Marlboro, Freehold and Millstone.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965748
03/10/19 04:56 PM
03/10/19 04:56 PM
M
majicrat Offline OP
Underboss
majicrat  Offline OP
M
Underboss
I never disputed members living in the area, I agree they’ve lived in the area. That doesn’t mean there’s major activity because I see no evidence of it and no ones provided any

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965758
03/10/19 07:29 PM
03/10/19 07:29 PM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
I never disputed members living in the area, I agree they’ve lived in the area. That doesn’t mean there’s major activity because I see no evidence of it and no ones provided any

I wasn't trying to prove that there is activity now, I was just providing examples to show that many guys have lived in Monmouth and Ocean, some with rackets going on in the area but probably most with none. Minus a bust there is no real way to know, I suspect that there might be some but as always less than what you would see north of the Raritan river, particularly when you get up to Union and Essex County. OC activity in NJ, even in north Jersey, isn't what it once was even though from top to bottom it still probably has the greatest concentration of OC members of any state in the US, with the southern half of NY state and Long Island and Palm Beach County down to Miami in Florida the other exceptions.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: majicrat] #965792
03/11/19 11:37 AM
03/11/19 11:37 AM
P
Penguin Offline
Wiseguy
Penguin  Offline
P
Wiseguy

If you know everything then why ask? And then you disregard everyone’s replies. No one is saying the shore is like it was thirty years ago.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull