GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Oldsoul13), 69 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,734
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75073
10/08/04 07:38 PM
10/08/04 07:38 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline OP
Anthony Lombardi  Offline OP

east coast
Well, this is pretty old news for die-hard Nirvana fans... *cough* ...but, I haven't been around the BB for a few weeks due to computer problems, so I thought I'd post about it now and gather some opinions.

Most Nirvana fans -- hell, even non-Nirvana fans -- are pretty well aware of the huge six year lawsuit between Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl vs. Courtney Love over unreleased Nirvana material. It's been going on for years and delaying the beloved box set most of us die-hard fans have been waiting for...for YEARS. I, myself, tried my best to keep patient -- but it gets hard when it's stretched from 1997 'till now. But, finally, the date is creeping up. I was so excited when I found out, I went ballistic. Anyhow, here's the official heads up.

Quote:
This is it, guys. The best news I've been able to post since this website started some eight years ago ... A Nirvana box set will be released on November 23, 2004. This is the box we've been waiting for since the rumours about it first started more than six years ago. It will include 3 CD's and one DVD, featuring "previously unreleased rarities and b-sides. Over 50 unreleased recordings including Kurt Cobain's demos". The DVD will also contain unseen footage and live performances. And, the whole thing comes with a 60-page booklet! I know this sounds just about too good to be true but here is the official info and all I know about the project right now:

NIRVANA BOX SET - 3 CD & 1 DVD
# Street Date: Nov. 23, 2004
# Features the hits, live performances, previously unreleased rarities and b-sides
# Over 50 unreleased recordings including Kurt Cobain's demos
# Hours of unheard music and unseen footage
# Features a 60 page booklet. DVD with first edition only
# 3-panel digipack, front cover is a metal plate
# Closed size is 26cm x 14.5cm x 2.5cm. Open size is 81cm x 14.5cm

I don't have pricing, artwork or tracklistings at this time but hopefully that will be available soon. I also don't know yet, if any singles, promos or videos will be released in connection with the box. All I do know is that what millions of Nirvana fans have been waiting for since 1997 or so is finally here. I really have no idea what recordings they have used to compile this set. Indeed, some of the Cobain demos must come from all the cassette tapes that he apparently left behind. The band also did a number of studio sessions which yielded songs that have yet to be released - although much of this material is already circulating amongst fans. It will certainly also be interesting to see what the DVD has to offer; perhaps Nirvana's music videos and some live stuff. It seems unlikely from the description that an entire concert is presented on the DVD. It's probably clips from various shows. In any case, this is a great day for Nirvana fans!
Is that good fuckin' news or what?

And, by the way, I know there's a few people out there who don't really like Nirvana -- so if you could do us the favor of just not posting, instead of going "don't care," I'd really appreciate it. We already know you don't care. You don't have to remind us everytime the band is brought up.

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75074
10/08/04 07:49 PM
10/08/04 07:49 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I'm definately gonna be getting it.

I hope they have the video of the live "You Got No Right."

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75075
10/08/04 08:10 PM
10/08/04 08:10 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Hopefully I can scrounge up enough money to get it. The dvd would be pretty sweet aswell.

You talkin' to me?
Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75076
10/08/04 08:12 PM
10/08/04 08:12 PM
east coast

east coast
Amazon sets the price at sixty bucks. Not too much -- and from what I'm seeing, it's well worth it. The unreleased material alone is well worth it.

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75077
10/08/04 08:15 PM
10/08/04 08:15 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
I was honestly expecting alot more actually. I will be eventually picking it up in the near future.

You talkin' to me?
Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75078
10/09/04 12:30 AM
10/09/04 12:30 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
You should seriously consider amending the title of the thread.

Cause not all of us have been waiting for this.

Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75079
10/09/04 12:36 AM
10/09/04 12:36 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

If you aren't a fan why the fuck do you have to piss in it? :rolleyes: Especially after Ant told the non-fans not to post anything.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75080
10/09/04 12:46 AM
10/09/04 12:46 AM
east coast

east coast
Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
Cause not all of us have been waiting for this.
Who gives a shit? That's why the thread was made for fans.

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
And, by the way, I know there's a few people out there who don't really like Nirvana -- so if you could do us the favor of just not posting, instead of going "don't care," I'd really appreciate it. We already know you don't care. You don't have to remind us everytime the band is brought up.
Thanks for showing your ignorance. I didn't think that request was too much to ask. But, once again, you show your belligerence in disrespecting what I asked for people like you not to do.

Don't like the band? Stay out. I already asked once. Must I repeat myself? :rolleyes:

Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75081
10/09/04 01:18 AM
10/09/04 01:18 AM
Washington, D.C.
sicilianspider Offline
Made Member
sicilianspider  Offline
Made Member
Washington, D.C.
No indeed. This isn't the time to disrespect the memory of Nirvana.

This sounds like a great collection.. thanks for the heads up.

Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75082
10/09/04 11:38 AM
10/09/04 11:38 AM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
I'll definately be getting it.

Yay for teh Kurt.

Boo for teh people who insist on posting in threads that specifically tell them to stay out.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75083
10/09/04 12:49 PM
10/09/04 12:49 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
October:
1. GTA San Andreas

November:
1. New 2Pac double disc album
2. New 2Pac greatest hits album
3. New Eminem album
4. Nirvana box set

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75084
10/09/04 01:04 PM
10/09/04 01:04 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
I am happy for all of you Nirvanna fans and hope you enjoy the new box set release. The only thing I would comment on that the price seems a little high. It is a shame that they reward the true true die hard fans by having them dig deep into their pockets. That is not fan friendly and someone is making a lot of coin on this release.

The Clash put out 25th Anniversary of London Calling a few weeks ago. It included the original double album release remastered on one disc. Disc two was the never released Vanilla Tapes of demo's and rehearsal leading to the recording of LC.
Disc three a DVD. Nicely packaged w/ booklet & lyrics for $24.00. Twenty years after they broke up The Clash still have the best interest of there fans in mind, not there pocketbook.

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75085
10/09/04 01:08 PM
east coast

east coast
I don't know, man. They could have made a fortune by releasing a series of single discs -- releasing the unreleased and unheard material little by little. I think wrapping it all into one box set around fifty bucks is pretty reasonable. 'Specially around the holiday season. As I said earlier, I think the unreleased material alone is worth the price. Then again, nothing good these days comes too cheap.

Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75086
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
hell I've been waiting this for a lifetime. it will be tough to pay (it won't be less than 100 bucks here) but I'll get it in the first day out no doubt, and I'm sure it will be worth every penny.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75087
10/09/04 11:19 PM
10/09/04 11:19 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by The Iceman:
[b]Cause not all of us have been waiting for this.
Who gives a shit? That's why the thread was made for fans.

Quote:
Thanks for showing your ignorance. I didn't think that request was too much to ask. But, once again, you show your belligerence in disrespecting what I asked for people like you not to do.

Don't like the band? Stay out. I already asked once. Must I repeat myself? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]I was just having some fun, trying to lighten things up a bit. I thought the smiley I posted would tip you off, guess not. :rolleyes:

But seriously you really should amend the title of the thread. Since you said yourself. And I quote.

Quote:
And, by the way, I know there's a few people out there who don't really like Nirvana

Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75088
10/10/04 12:36 AM
10/10/04 12:36 AM
east coast

east coast
Lighten WHAT up? Lighten up usually means to turn a depressing event cheery. What depressing event? We were discussing Nirvana. There was no need to "lighten a mood" by stating something you know offends other people -- especially with a request NOT to do so.

Every time Nirvana is brought up, you have to make some sarcastic, psuedo-witty remark about how much you don't like them. I can see if this was a political thread where opinions are backed up by logic and facts, but it's a music thread. Putting down a band you know other people like in a thread ABOUT that band with a request NOT to do so is just ignorant. There was no mood that needed to be "lightened up." And I'm not alone, as it shows -- three other people agreed with me.

And you know as well as I do the title of the thread isn't meant to be taking literally -- it's obviously directed at Nirvana fans, and Nirvana fans HAVE been waiting for this.

I tend to agree with you in other topics, such as politics, and I don't have a personal problem with you -- but I tend to find it annoying when you continuously do something you know I look down on, and you know I'm offended by.

If you don't like Nirvana, stay out of the fucking thread.

Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75089
10/10/04 01:06 AM
10/10/04 01:06 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Like I said earlier I was just having some fun with you and other people. I thought the smiley would tip you off. But noooooooo you decide to take it literally. Jesus Christ AL lighten up just a little bit. :rolleyes:

Like you said earlier I tend to agree with you on most things. Now for the sake of peace. Lets just let this whole thing drop. This is my last post in this thread.

Re: What we've all been waiting for: the Nirvana box set... #75090
10/10/04 01:17 AM
10/10/04 01:17 AM
east coast

east coast
It doesn't matter. It gets redundant. "Having fun" by doing something someone requested for you not to do -- something that you know I'm offended by -- is just ignorant. Would you go to a funeral, and start poking jokes to "lighten the mood" and "joke around"? No. And I realize it's a pretty far stretch in comparison, but it's the same concept.

I asked for people like you not to even post bullshit like that -- joking or not. Simply because it's old. That pretty much means that I'm not going to take the "joke" very lightly. Do you have to joke like that every time Nirvana is brought up? Especially on this type of occasion? Especially when you've done it before, to no appease? Especially when you know I'm offended by it? Especially when I specifically asked for you not to?

Would you start poking racial jokes at a black person if they're offended? If they're not offended -- it's just horsing around. But when they ask you not to, and they're clearly offended, would you persistent? No, because that's just being thick-headed.

You've "joked" before, to no approval. If I ask for you not to do it, it doesn't mean "go ahead, do it."

Once again... Don't like Nirvana? Stay out of the thread.

Now, this topic is being thrashed. Let's end it here.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull