GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 242 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Another Geary Queston #8159
04/27/04 02:57 PM
04/27/04 02:57 PM
MI6
Krlea Offline OP
Underboss
Krlea  Offline OP
Underboss
MI6
So did Senator Geary ever realize that he was being set up by the Corleone Family with the prostitute? Didn't he put it all together that he didn't remember anything and that Tom was being soooo helpful dispite their differences in the past? Initially he was too shocked to realize he was being set up but woulden't he after some time?

I always believed that he knew by the time the trial came about, but from our other Sen. Geary question, it seems like he was trying to help Michael (maybe not help, but not hurt).

Re: Another Geary Queston #8160
04/27/04 03:15 PM
04/27/04 03:15 PM
california
Robo Offline
Made Member
Robo  Offline
Made Member
california
Originally posted by Krlea:
So did Senator Geary ever realize that he was being set up by the Corleone Family with the prostitute? Didn't he put it all together that he didn't remember anything and that Tom was being soooo helpful dispite their differences in the past? Initially he was too shocked to realize he was being set up but woulden't he after some time?

I always believed that he knew by the time the trial came about, but from our other Sen. Geary question, it seems like he was trying to help Michael (maybe not help, but not hurt).
if he indeed figured out that it was the corleone family that set him up, would he really be that good of a person to forgive and help the corleone family succeed?

robert

In my home! In my bedroom, where my wife sleeps! Where my children come and play with their toys. In my home.
Re: Another Geary Queston #8161
04/27/04 03:16 PM
04/27/04 03:16 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA

I think he knew instantly - Geary was no dummy. He may have been in a fog after "passing out" and the initial shock of waking up next to a corpse. He was probably drugged while the hooker was being killed.

I think of the Geary situation in a similar manner to what happened with Jack Woltz. After killing the prostitute and after killing Khartoum, both Geary & Woltz realized that the Corleone's meant business. It was either comply or be killed - both made the wise choice.

Re: Another Geary Queston #8162
04/27/04 07:43 PM
04/27/04 07:43 PM
UK
C
ColinB Offline
Wiseguy
ColinB  Offline
C
Wiseguy
UK
That was a nasty scene though because most people killed by the Coleone family were at least guilty of not doing what the coleone family wanted them to do. It looked to me like they killed an innocent girl.

Colin B
Re: Another Geary Queston #8163
04/27/04 07:59 PM
04/27/04 07:59 PM
Scotland
HevyDevyGK Offline
Wiseguy
HevyDevyGK  Offline
Wiseguy
Scotland
Yeah I didn't like that aspect of it either and especially because Tom was involved. So lets just pretend she was a murdering drug dealer or something.

Re: Another Geary Queston #8164
04/27/04 09:40 PM
04/27/04 09:40 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
Originally posted by Robo:
[b] So did Senator Geary ever realize that he was being set up by the Corleone Family with the prostitute? Didn't he put it all together that he didn't remember anything and that Tom was being soooo helpful dispite their differences in the past? Initially he was too shocked to realize he was being set up but woulden't he after some time?

if he indeed figured out that it was the corleone family that set him up, would he really be that good of a person to forgive and help the corleone family succeed?

robert [/b]
well Robo, that would make a lot of sense in a perfect world, but we're talking about the Mob here wink

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Another Geary Queston #8165
04/28/04 08:41 AM
04/28/04 08:41 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
I believe that Geary figured out that he was set up by the Corleones with the prostitutes death. But in true scavenger style Geary wasn't going to bite one of the hands that fed him. He had his Senator's office to hide behind and being a veteran of politics he was probably very good at dodging trouble. As long as he kept the prostitute incident quiet he had to believe the Corleones would too. A symboitic relationship. Most likely Geary had several lucrative symbiotic relationships besides Corleone and Roth. One fault he had, or mistake he made, was underestimating the power and determination of the Corleone's, but he quickly fell in line to feed like all good scavengers do.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull