GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 325 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,668
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: redditor] #945714
07/03/18 02:43 PM
07/03/18 02:43 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
The life story for Commisso is finally up. Here's the link:

http://demarcofuneralhomes.com/book-of-memories/3546352/Commisso-Cosimo/obituary.php

His father is Claudio Commisso, brother to Raymond. These brothers, along with their siblings, are first cousins to the more well-known Commisso brothers.

Edit: One of the more important pieces of information from the obituary is that Chantelle Almeida was not the girlfriend of the murdered Commisso.

Last edited by antimafia; 07/03/18 02:45 PM. Reason: Additional info provided.
Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: redditor] #945729
07/03/18 05:07 PM
07/03/18 05:07 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Woman killed in Woodbridge shooting was ‘a magnetic burning presence’

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ing-was-a-magnetic-burning-presence.html

Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: antimafia] #945801
07/04/18 04:46 AM
07/04/18 04:46 AM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted by antimafia

http://demarcofuneralhomes.com/book-of-memories/3546352/Commisso-Cosimo/obituary.php

His father is Claudio Commisso, brother to Raymond. These brothers, along with their siblings, are first cousins to the more well-known Commisso brothers.

Edit: One of the more important pieces of information from the obituary is that Chantelle Almeida was not the girlfriend of the murdered Commisso.

How is it important that the poor woman who was shot was not his girlfriend?

Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: spartan] #945803
07/04/18 06:42 AM
07/04/18 06:42 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by spartan

She may have been and probably is 100% innocent in what transpired but in the eyes of a parent and an investigator who would want to explore all possibilities as to what happened prior & leading to the murders. There are many questions left unanswered like:

Was she the target of a jealous boyfriend? Was she just an innocent bystander? If Cosimo was the target was he followed or was he lured ? Did someone mislead her to get to Cosimo? So,yes it is an important piece of information.

Last edited by Ciment; 07/04/18 07:41 AM.
Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: redditor] #945810
07/04/18 08:37 AM
07/04/18 08:37 AM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
^^^^
I'll add that there were two posters in this thread who asserted that Chantelle Almeida was the murdered Commisso's girlfriend and that one poster thought it likely the two were boyfriend and girlfriend. Furthermore, all the Italian-language articles being published by the Calabrian news outlets are incorrectly reporting that Almeida was Commisso's fidanzata.

This double homicide was terribly violent. Almeida might have been killed in the vehicle simply for being a witness. Commisso was found in the driveway when police arrived, suggesting that he was dragged from the car. I think that getting the personal details right about the victims is important--that is, we should ask who these people really were and were not. I have seen online speculation elsewhere about Almeida that has me wondering how complete strangers can justify her being killed because she was Commisso's girlfriend, which of course they got wrong big-time.

Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: Ciment] #945812
07/04/18 08:54 AM
07/04/18 08:54 AM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted by Ciment
Originally Posted by spartan

She may have been and probably is 100% innocent in what transpired but in the eyes of a parent and an investigator who would want to explore all possibilities as to what happened prior & leading to the murders. There are many questions left unanswered like:

Was she the target of a jealous boyfriend? Was she just an innocent bystander? If Cosimo was the target was he followed or was he lured ? Did someone mislead her to get to Cosimo? So,yes it is an important piece of information.

No weapons was found in the car, so he didn't travel armed. And he didn't have a bodyguard or security with him.

If someone is willing, it usually isn't very difficult to get at anyone.

For me the situation is very clear. Montreal gangsters have branched out into the GTA. They dealt with Calabrians, who don't always like to pay. Leventis (who started a fight with this Commisso in his restaurant) was killed, and Leventis' brother, who apparently is pretty big time, got his revenge. The Leventis brother that is in jail in Quebec buys directly from Mexican cartels. One of his associated was found tortured and doused with acid outside Athens. So these guys have links to Mexicans and contacts in Greece (which includes Greeks, Albanians, Serbs, Georgians, Russians). Another one of their associates was arrested in Athens and extradited to Canada. So they definitely have contacts here. And I can tell you, OC in this part of the world, doesn't care much about Calabrians.

The same way the Calabrians bring in "shooters" to North America, it wouldn't be difficult to send an Albanian, Serb, Georgian etc shooter from this part of the world.

I am just curious to see how the Commisso's react.

Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: antimafia] #945814
07/04/18 09:15 AM
07/04/18 09:15 AM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
^^^^
I'll add that there were two posters in this thread who asserted that Chantelle Almeida was the murdered Commisso's girlfriend and that one poster thought it likely the two were boyfriend and girlfriend. Furthermore, all the Italian-language articles being published by the Calabrian news outlets are incorrectly reporting that Almeida was Commisso's fidanzata.

This double homicide was terribly violent. Almeida might have been killed in the vehicle simply for being a witness. Commisso was found in the driveway when police arrived, suggesting that he was dragged from the car. I think that getting the personal details right about the victims is important--that is, we should ask who these people really were and were not. I have seen online speculation elsewhere about Almeida that has me wondering how complete strangers can justify her being killed because she was Commisso's girlfriend, which of course they got wrong big-time.

Whoever was the shooter obviously didn't care. There could have been 5 ppl in the vehicle and they would have killed them all.

I think we are witnessing a transformation of OC in the GTA. For ex. in NYC the Italians were all powerful, but now there are so many different ethnic groups. The same thing is happening in the GTA. The Calabrians have always been the strongest OC group. But there are new groups and players, and they have contacts all over the world too... and they are hungry and aggressive.

Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: redditor] #945815
07/04/18 09:32 AM
07/04/18 09:32 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
A kidnapping gone wrong? A jealous boyfriend? We may learn more or we may not.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: redditor] #945883
07/05/18 07:27 AM
07/05/18 07:27 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: Ciment] #945886
07/05/18 09:58 AM
07/05/18 09:58 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama

It won't even let me copy and paste

Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: redditor] #945890
07/05/18 12:31 PM
07/05/18 12:31 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
The same way the Calabrians bring in "shooters" to North America, it wouldn't be difficult to send an Albanian, Serb, Georgian etc shooter from this part of the world

so levantis was so powerful in greece to send albanians and georgians shooters in canada to avenge his brother? i know that albanians and georgians (roso pondi/russian pondians) in greece are enemies
more likely an other calabrian group or the caruana/c untrera

Last edited by m2w; 07/05/18 12:34 PM.
Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: m2w] #945895
07/05/18 01:39 PM
07/05/18 01:39 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted by m2w
The same way the Calabrians bring in "shooters" to North America, it wouldn't be difficult to send an Albanian, Serb, Georgian etc shooter from this part of the world

so levantis was so powerful in greece to send albanians and georgians shooters in canada to avenge his brother? i know that albanians and georgians (roso pondi/russian pondians) in greece are enemies
more likely an other calabrian group or the caruana/c untrera

I'm not saying the Leventis guy was "so powerful" in Greece. But I'm saying he has contacts here. And OC in this part of the world is no joke.

Roso-pontians are not "enemies" of albanians here. OC, by and large, co-exists here. The only "rule" is extortion is controlled by ethnic Greeks.

Calabrian OC is strong, but it's not as strong as ppl thing.

Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: redditor] #945897
07/05/18 02:18 PM
07/05/18 02:18 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
here where, in canada? extortions in canada i bet they are very rare and mostly controlled by italians
calabrians are enough strong in canada, but i'm right they are not as strong as people thing, sicilians are underrated for example, especially in toronto area

Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: dixiemafia] #945902
07/05/18 04:58 PM
07/05/18 04:58 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by dixiemafia

It won't even let me copy and paste

Yes, I tried that too and didn't allow me. If you use the translator they did a not too bad of a job.

Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: m2w] #945905
07/05/18 05:55 PM
07/05/18 05:55 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by m2w
here where, in canada? extortions in canada i bet they are very rare and mostly controlled by italians
calabrians are enough strong in canada, but i'm right they are not as strong as people thing, sicilians are underrated for example, especially in toronto area

It's related to where they immigrated to in Canada. Most Sicilians from Catolica Eraclea/Siculiana went to Montreal and most Calabrians from Siderno went to Toronto. That is why each have a stronghold in their respective areas.

Neither are underrated. Your talking about two power houses with lots of money. The only differences today is the the Calabrians have outgrown the Sicilians but it does not mean that the Sicilians have become marginalized. Because of the war in Montreal that has lingered for several years, the Sicilians have lost some ground in Montreal and have had to ally with other criminal groups whom are now challenging the Calabrians in the Greater Toronto Area.
This is my outlook of what is going on.

Re: Cosimo Commisso & Chantelle Almeida -Shot Dead [Re: redditor] #945908
07/05/18 07:01 PM
07/05/18 07:01 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

First a Musitano now a Commisso. These are big 'ndrangheta families back in Calabria.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull