GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 78 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,388
Posts1,059,830
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Presidential Debates #73558
09/30/04 02:46 PM
09/30/04 02:46 PM
Bronx, NY
B
Buttapcanrican Offline OP
Capo
Buttapcanrican  Offline OP
B
Capo
Bronx, NY
I hope I am not opening a can of worms by saying this, but I am looking forward to the debates tonite.. Now, hopefully I can make an informed decision. I am leaning towards one candidate in particular. I have noticed some rather interesting points on this message board. Looking forward to seeing your comments regarding the debates tommorow.

Re: Presidential Debates #73559
09/30/04 02:54 PM
09/30/04 02:54 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Tonight is Return of the Jedi movie night, so I'll have to flick between the debate or something.

I've already decided who I'm voting for, which is no surprise, so the debate won't change me. Hopefully, this will continue to help Bush, as he will refute Kerry's attacks on the War on Iraq and Bush will go after Kerry's senate record and stance on some issues.

Will be awful interesting, though not likely Nixon-Kennedy.

Re: Presidential Debates #73560
09/30/04 03:06 PM
09/30/04 03:06 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I'm not going to watch - the original season of the Sopranos (Episode 4) is on at 9:00.

I would prefer a true debate and not a joint campaign appearance like this is going to be. Let them answer questions about themselves and their beliefs that are not known in advance. This version has too many rules and limitations to be worthwhile.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Presidential Debates #73561
09/30/04 03:23 PM
09/30/04 03:23 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
...Hopefully, this will continue to help Bush, as he will refute Kerry's attacks on the War on Iraq and Bush will go after Kerry's senate record and stance on some issues...
Hi, Double-J...obviously my mind is made up, too.
But I'll still watch to see each candidate does as this is supposedly what will help make up the minds of many undecided voters.

Apparently, my favorite (unintentionally) comic liberal, Paul Krugman
... has his own ideas about how the debate will turn out.

And fortunately for all the rest of us, Don Luskin has the goods on
Krugman.

http://www.nationalreview.com/nrof_luskin/nrof_luskin.asp

Anyone think Kerry will put some makeup on his newly orange skintone? Maybe he's hoping his Fairy Godmother (whoever that is) can turn him from a pumpkin into a real candidate.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Presidential Debates #73562
09/30/04 04:04 PM
09/30/04 04:04 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Marco:
I'm not going to watch - the original season of the Sopranos (Episode 4) is on at 9:00.

Not to change the subject, But I was watching that late last night. Good show last night I mite add. But the point I want to bring up to you is: LOOK how skinny those folks were back then. Just five short years ago and look at them now. After being on a hit show those people have packed on some pounds. and I mean every one of them. Tonys head has more hair and the kids look like little children.

Well, back to the debates for tonight. Good thing we have cable, DVDs and VCRs and other things to watch.

I have seen enough bullshit in the last few months. I will check in during the commercials if there are any in what I am watching. Otherwise roll up your pant legs. The shit will flow tonight!

Then after that you have to listen to all the blow hard TV people try and tell you what you just heard. So you get two cases of bullshit on one night.

You know who would really be great to go over the debates and give you the highlights:
Penn and Teller Now that I would turn in for!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Presidential Debates #73563
09/30/04 04:17 PM
09/30/04 04:17 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Yeah, and Tony's kids looked so young. Take a look at Meadow and then go over to the Sopranos thread to see her now.

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Presidential Debates #73564
09/30/04 04:18 PM
09/30/04 04:18 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I can't wait for the debates. I wish there was an accurate way to gage how many truly undecided voters are really out there. I would love to see how influenced an undecided voter is by these debates.

Here are some quotes from Rolling Stone magazine's current issue from artists touring in support of John Kerry:

Quote:
I think that Fox News and the Republican right have intimidated the press into an incredible self-consciousness about appearing objective and backed them into a corner of sorts where they have ceded some of their responsibility and righteous power.

Whether you like the Michael Moore film or not, a big part of its value was that it showed how sanitized the war that we received on television at night is. The fact that the administration refused to allow photographs of the flag-draped coffins of returning dead, that the president hasn't shown up at a single military funeral for the young people who gave their lives for his policies, is disgraceful. - Bruce Springsteen
Quote:
When Bush ran the first time, I realized something: I want my president to be smarter than I am. I don't ask much, but I want him to be smarter than me. - Mike Mills, R.E.M.
Quote:
The Republicans refuse to talk about issues - they just try and make people who are Christians believe that Bush is the only choice. - Art Alexakis - Everclear
Quote:
Do I fault Bush for skipping out during Vietnam and using his wealth to get him out of the war? Not at all. I would do the same thing to protect my child. Is it cowardice? Probably, but I'm a big coward myself.

What sickens me is how Bush is trying to base his entire election on September 11th, as if he owns that day. I hope people don't fall for that. - Natalie Mains, Dixie Chicks

Re: Presidential Debates #73565
09/30/04 04:26 PM
09/30/04 04:26 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
... Here are some quotes from Rolling Stone magazine's current issue from artists touring in support of John Kerry:...
[/QUOTE]

Amazing.

:rolleyes:

Just goes to show you don't need brains to be able to carry a tune.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Presidential Debates #73566
09/30/04 04:30 PM
09/30/04 04:30 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Here's one of my favorite quotes:

Quote:
"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real." --John Kerry (1/23/03)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Presidential Debates #73567
09/30/04 04:58 PM
09/30/04 04:58 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Here's one of my favorite quotes:

[quote]"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real." --John Kerry (1/23/03)
:rolleyes: [/quote]I think he, like the rest of us, believed that the administration was telling us the truth. Colin Powell got up and told us about the WMD. There were none - so he was duped like the rest of us.

Re: Presidential Debates #73568
09/30/04 05:00 PM
09/30/04 05:00 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by J Geoff:
[b] Here's one of my favorite quotes:

[quote]"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real." --John Kerry (1/23/03)
:rolleyes: [/quote]I think he, like the rest of us, believed that the administration was telling us the truth. Colin Powell got up and told us about the WMD. There were none - so he was duped like the rest of us. [/b][/quote]except that WE are not United States Senators who were able to read the exact same thing that the President read. If I tell you moby dick is about a tiger but you read the book then you would say no its about a shark. people who didn't read the book would have to take my word for it. He "read the book" he knows what it said and he came to his own conclusion.

So to say that he was tricked like the rest of us is not correct.

edit: and one last thing. Polish soldiers have found mustard gas and sirene (I don't know if the spelling is correct) gas and whole stockpiles of ways to fire those things. BUT you don't hear about that on the liberal media.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Presidential Debates #73569
09/30/04 05:09 PM
09/30/04 05:09 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by goombah:
[b] ... Here are some quotes from Rolling Stone magazine's current issue from artists touring in support of John Kerry:...
[/quote]Amazing.

Just goes to show you don't need brains to be able to carry a tune.

Apple [/b][/QUOTE]

Now, Now, come on Apple, What it really shows is that the people in the music world are just as misinformed as some of the other people who are touring this country and giving speaches. Could be that drugs cloud their thoughts also and playing with all those young girls softens their minds.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Presidential Debates #73570
09/30/04 05:10 PM
09/30/04 05:10 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
[QUOTE]...I think he, like the rest of us, believed that the administration was telling us the truth. Colin Powell got up and told us about the WMD. There were none - so he was duped like the rest of us.
Won't fly, Don Marco.
Kerry saw the SAME Intelligence Reports that were made available to the President, and it was on that info that he based the statement above, AND his vote in favor of the war.

Now tonight (as in the past several months)...he will try & spin that he simply voted for 'authorization' for the President to go to war as a 'last resort'.

Gosh, I can't wait...I'll probably be able to recite it along with him!!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Presidential Debates #73571
09/30/04 05:12 PM
09/30/04 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Marco:
[b] [QUOTE]...I think he, like the rest of us, believed that the administration was telling us the truth. Colin Powell got up and told us about the WMD. There were none - so he was duped like the rest of us.
Won't fly, Don Marco.
Kerry saw the SAME Intelligence Reports that were made available to the President, and it was on that info that he based the statement above, AND his vote in favor of the war.

Now tonight (as in the past several months)...he will try & spin that he simply voted for 'authorization' for the President to go to war as a 'last resort'.

Gosh, I can't wait...I'll probably be able to recite it along with him!!

Apple [/b][/quote]we think alike apple lol

Re: Presidential Debates #73572
09/30/04 05:15 PM
09/30/04 05:15 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
[QUOTE]...and playing with all those young girls softens their minds.
Would that also apply to Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks??

I thought it was a hoot a few years back when Don Imus referred to her as 'the little fat girl'.

He did admit though (as do I) that she sure can sing!!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Presidential Debates #73573
09/30/04 07:00 PM
09/30/04 07:00 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
[quote]The fact that ... the president hasn't shown up at a single military funeral for the young people who gave their lives for his policies, is disgraceful. - Bruce Springsteen
[/quote]As most of you know, I stay out of potilical threads, but this is insane. Now, Im not 100% sure of this (I mean the the beginning of his presidency he choked on a chip while watching football) but my guess would be the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES has more important things that need his attention than going to millitary funerals.Not saying millitary funerals arent important, but they are relatively small when it comes to the big scheme of things.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Presidential Debates #73574
09/30/04 08:10 PM
09/30/04 08:10 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I have to disagree with you there, Don Sonny. If you remember, there were hundreds, if not thousands, of funerals and memorial services in the days after September 11th. Rudy Giuliani, who was dealing with the attacks on the city, with the fact that his fire dept. was decimated, that his command center was destroyed, that he was unable to enter City Hall, that he had to build an information center for the families, that he had to take charge of a recovery effort that was unimaginable, etc. AND the anthrax threats, made sure that either he, or someone from his administration, attended every one of them. He often went to six or more per day. AND he managed to squeeze in a flight to Arizona to watch the Yankees in the World Series, flew back to start the NYC Marathon, and then flew back to Arizona for Game 7. He never complained about being too tired or too busy. He explained that his father had taught him that weddings were fun, but funerals were mandatory. He felt that showing up to offer comfort was the LEAST he could offer the families, and I find it hard to believe that Bush didn't have time to attend even one.

I admit that I didn't vote for Bush in the first election, but I haven't made up my mind which way to go on this one. I am looking forward to the debates to sway me one way or the other.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Presidential Debates #73575
09/30/04 08:14 PM
09/30/04 08:14 PM

Guliani was a Mayor, not President of the United States so you really can't compare them.

Re: Presidential Debates #73576
09/30/04 08:15 PM
09/30/04 08:15 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
They better show the reactions of the canidates. Last night on Hannity and Colmes, they said they had every right to show the expressions from both canidates. It's going to be like pong if they show one person at a time. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Presidential Debates #73577
09/30/04 08:16 PM
09/30/04 08:16 PM

Patrick they are not showing reactions from the other candidates. The question has come up many times and its in the debate rule book that they will not be shown.

Re: Presidential Debates #73578
09/30/04 08:20 PM
09/30/04 08:20 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Guliani was a Mayor, not President of the United States so you really can't compare them.
I disagree. Although obviously NYC is much smaller than the entire USA, I also would imagine that in those weeks following the attacks, Giuliani had plenty of excuses to be "busy". What the man did in those days was so above and beyond, he was amazing. I truly cannot believe that Mr. President has been too busy in all this time to attend even one funeral. Sorry, but I just don't see it.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Presidential Debates #73579
09/30/04 08:27 PM
09/30/04 08:27 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Patrick they are not showing reactions from the other candidates. The question has come up many times and its in the debate rule book that they will not be shown.
We shall see.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Presidential Debates #73580
09/30/04 08:37 PM
09/30/04 08:37 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
If I tell you moby dick is about a tiger but you read the book then you would say no its about a shark.
I wouldn't :rolleyes:

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Presidential Debates #73581
09/30/04 08:40 PM
09/30/04 08:40 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Um....Moby Dick is about a whale. :p

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Presidential Debates #73582
09/30/04 10:05 PM
09/30/04 10:05 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
UM...Moby Dick is about a porn star

Re: Presidential Debates #73583
09/30/04 10:13 PM
09/30/04 10:13 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Tonights debates= Around and around we go.

Same thing over and over again.

Re: Presidential Debates #73584
09/30/04 10:40 PM
09/30/04 10:40 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Re: Presidential Debates #73585
09/30/04 10:44 PM
09/30/04 10:44 PM
Washington, D.C.
sicilianspider Offline
Made Member
sicilianspider  Offline
Made Member
Washington, D.C.
Kerry had a better suit. The rest was expected.

looking forward to the next debate

Re: Presidential Debates #73586
09/30/04 10:53 PM
09/30/04 10:53 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
The best part was when Bush asked Kerry where he was going to get the money to do everything. Dream Kerry Dream
then Kerry said 240 billion was spend when only 119 billion was spent (per NBC News).
Caught stretching the truth.

Re: Presidential Debates #73587
09/30/04 10:56 PM
09/30/04 10:56 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
I feel that Kerry was very articulate during the debates and therefore, he was able to get away with his distortions of the truth. I also feel that Bush was almost too timid in the debate. He had many oppurtunities to put Kerry in question rather than just defend himself, and he failed to take the shots. For example, he chose not to go into detail regarding Kerry's voting record.

But one thing about the debates really pissed me off, and whether your liberal or conservative, you have to agree with me. Literally all of the questions put Bush in a position where he had to defend himself. There were very few times where Kerry had to defend all the mistakes he has made while in political office and this seemed unfair to me.

That said, I thought the debate was dull. Both candidates repeated themselves often and I didnt learn anything more than what I already know. I will watch the next two debates, but this time I will make sure I have a pillow handy.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull