Let's get it over that cartels, mafias and other traditional organized crime groups are "better" in terms of membership compared to "street" gangs. Violence DOES NOT dictate the quality of a gang member quality does and quality is heart, a very big one and intelligence to some extent. In my opinion and honest opinion cartels don't have quality members like the Texas Syndicate or Texas Mexican mafia or La Eme from California. Cartel memebers are violent but it's more of the operative groups from the cartels, is what most people associate the cartels for and it's not really a gang in terms of members but more of a network/structure of powerful criminals.

My point is that prison gangs like the Texas Mexican Mafia and Texas Syndicate have more heart\quality than cartel members or any other large criminal organized group wether in Italy, Mexico or Colombia. In my honest opinion and pretty much verifiable fact with people that are conserned with prison gangs. Predisposing to violence is not equal to quality or heart.