GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 244 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,315
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What are the most impressive Heists of all time? #940065
05/15/18 12:58 AM
05/15/18 12:58 AM
F
FireHawk Offline OP
Made Member
FireHawk  Offline OP
F
Made Member
that you know off, in terms of sophistication, logistics, planning etc. etc.

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940066
05/15/18 03:05 AM
05/15/18 03:05 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Top one is The Boston Museum Heist. It was just a simple plan, and still a mystery.
Paris 2010. Unknown persons tunnelled into a Paris vault of Le Credit Lyonnais robbed over 200 private safe deposit boxes.
Can't forget D.B. Cooper.
The Loomis truck heist in Sacramento, CA, in 1999.
Brooklyn New York, armored truck heist from a racetrack in the 1960's. Another simple one.
The Baker Street Heist in London.
Late 1960's Japan armored truck heist.
Switzerland cargo truck heist.
There are more, I know there is a Brazil and a Belgium that I can not remember the names, but many of the heists we know about, the people were caught or most of them were caught.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #940068
05/15/18 03:12 AM
05/15/18 03:12 AM
F
FireHawk Offline OP
Made Member
FireHawk  Offline OP
F
Made Member
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Top one is The Boston Museum Heist. It was just a simple plan, and still a mystery.
Paris 2010. Unknown persons tunnelled into a Paris vault of Le Credit Lyonnais robbed over 200 private safe deposit boxes.
Can't forget D.B. Cooper.
The Loomis truck heist in Sacramento, CA, in 1999.
Brooklyn New York, armored truck heist from a racetrack in the 1960's. Another simple one.
The Baker Street Heist in London.
Late 1960's Japan armored truck heist.
Switzerland cargo truck heist.
There are more, I know there is a Brazil and a Belgium that I can not remember the names, but many of the heists we know about, the people were caught or most of them were caught.

I know there is the Antwerp Diamond Heist, which were a bunch of Italian thieves that was highly sophisticated

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940069
05/15/18 03:25 AM
05/15/18 03:25 AM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
Lufthansa is the end all be all when it comes to heists, especially when it was pure Cosa Nostra.

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940071
05/15/18 05:54 AM
05/15/18 05:54 AM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Banco Central burglary at Fortaleza - Brasil.

Theft of about R$160 million from the vault of the Banco Central branch located in Fortaleza, in the state of Ceará, Brazil. It is one of the world's largest heists. In the aftermath of the burglary, of the 25 people thought to be involved, just eight had been arrested, and R$20 million recovered.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940073
05/15/18 06:55 AM
05/15/18 06:55 AM
P
PeoriaSonny309 Offline
Wiseguy
PeoriaSonny309  Offline
P
Wiseguy
Taking down the Boston Cathedral in Charleston, MA....priceless...crew of Southies that worked for a guy named Fergie that pushes dope from the movie The Town. lol sorry for being sarcastic I like that movie a lot tho

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940075
05/15/18 07:35 AM
05/15/18 07:35 AM
D
doggystyle Offline
Capo
doggystyle  Offline
D
Capo
The Helicopter robbery in Sweden was like a movie. In fact i think they are going to make a Hollywood movie about it.

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940092
05/15/18 11:52 AM
05/15/18 11:52 AM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
The Bonded Vault heist was a robbery of the Bonded Vault Company, an unofficial "bank" used by the Patriarca crime family and associates, on August 14, 1975. Bonded Vault was a commercial safe-deposit business occupying a vault inside Hudson Fur Storage in Providence, Rhode Island. The stolen valuables were worth about $30 million (equivalent to $136.4 million in 2017). According to The Providence Journal it was among the biggest heists in U.S. history, and resulted in the longest and costliest criminal trial in state history

Hudson Fur Storage was a commercial storage facility on 101 Cranston Street, in the West End neighborhood of Providence. Inside the red brick former church, a large vault housed 146 large safe-deposit boxes. Each box was "two feet high, two feet wide and four or five feet deep," according to WPRI. The boxes were a separate legal entity from Hudson Fur Storage, called the Bonded Vault Company. The vault was used by members of the Patriarca crime family and their associates. The valuables contained in the vault were initially estimated to be about $4 million, though later in the investigation estimates increased to about $30 million (equivalent to $136,400,000 in 2017).

On August 14, 1975, eight men traveled in a van to Hudson Fur Storage: Robert "The Deuce" Dussault, Charles "Chucky" Flynn, Joe "The Dancer" Danese, Gerald "Gerry" Tillinghast, Ralph Byrnes, Jacob Tarzian, John Ouimette, and Walter Ouimette.

The storage facility had a minimal[clarification needed] security system, thought to be unnecessary due to the reputation of Patriarca and his associates.

At around 8:00 AM Dussault entered the business by the front door, wearing sunglasses and a suit and carrying a briefcase, posing as a client. Dussault pointed a .38-caliber revolver at business co-owner Samuel Levine and warned employees not to "reach for any buttons or I'll blow your head off". Dussault had Levine gather his employees in an office, where Dussault had them put pillowcases over their heads. Six of the other men then entered the business, while one remained outside as a look-out.[2] The thieves tried and failed to drill their way into the safe deposit boxes, but succeeded by using a crowbar to pry the doors off their hinges, and proceeded to stuff valuables into duffel bags.

On their way out, the robbers shut employees in a bathroom. Dussault told them to wait five minutes before leaving, and one of the thieves took co-owner Hyman Levine's driver's license, threatening him not to try to identify them. The employees left the bathroom after waiting about five minutes, and pushed the business's alarm button to call the police, roughly 90 minutes after the robbery began.

According to witness Barbara Oliva, an employee of Hudson Fur Storage unaware of the secret bank, the men called each other "Harry" to conceal their real names. She told WPRI that “They were yelling, ‘Oh, Harry, you gotta come! You would not believe what’s in here! You just won’t believe!' They were taking turns going back and forth, and they were going, ‘Holy Christ, look at all this stuff – we’ll never be able to carry it all outta here.’” When the thieves left, Oliva entered the vault and saw it to be "knee-deep with bars of gold and silver and all kinds of jewels. There were loose coins, a jeweled chalice, cash, guns."

After leaving Hudson Fur Storage, the thieves returned to a hideout Flynn had rented at 5 Golf Avenue in East Providence. They divided what they had stolen, with each taking $64,000 in cash and planning to split what they could get for some of the jewelry and other non-cash valuables.

Dussault took his share to Las Vegas, where he went on a successful gambling streak and met an expensive prostitute, Karyne Sponheim, with whom he formed a relationship and began traveling the country. He went through his share of the loot and his gambling winnings relatively quickly, and Sponheim maxed her credit cards. Dussault began calling his associates back home to ask for additional money from the heist. His associates began to worry he would do something rash or talk to the wrong people, so they sent Flynn to Las Vegas to kill him.

According to Dussault, he was ready, and confronted Flynn with a shotgun in a Las Vegas parking lot, telling Flynn to get into a car with him. Flynn and Dussault had been close friends growing up in Lowell, Massachusetts, and began to talk about their past. According to Dussault, both men began to cry and he talked his way out of the hit. Flynn returned to a hotel where Danese, who had traveled with Flynn, was angry the killing didn't take place, though they returned to Rhode Island anyway.

Soon after, in January 1976, Dussault and Sponheim got into a violent argument after which Dussault was arrested in Las Vegas. When he was identified by fingerprint and by his tattoos, law enforcement officers from Providence flew to Nevada to interrogate him. Providence officer Tony Mancuso told Dussault that Flynn had been killed and their associates were planning to kill Dussault next. Mancuso fabricated the story, but Dussault believed him and confessed everything.

The Bonded Vault heist was the biggest heist in Rhode Island history, the largest in the Northeast at the time, and The Providence Journal ranks it as one of the biggest in U.S. history.

A source from within the Patriarca crime family gave the names of most of the people involved to the police soon after the heist, leaving police to find the thieves and build a case. Additionally, Oliva was able to describe both Dussault and Flynn, who were not wearing masks when they entered, to police because the pillowcase put over her head was threadbare and transparent. According to former Providence Journal reporter Wayne Worcester, “Oliva really put them away. Nobody else was forthcoming with any kind of information that was very helpful at all. She really was a hero.”

Witnesses were closely guarded and the courtroom heavily staffed with armed police. Oliva, as a key witness, said "They had detectives living with me, in my house, around the house, around the neighborhood. They helped fold baby diapers

Two of the men, Dussault and Danese, turned state's evidence and testified against the other six. Their trial lasted for four months and, according to RINPR, was "the lengthiest, most costly trial in state history." The courtroom became known for outbursts and other drama. At one point, Tillinghast's lawyer stopped inviting him to the courtroom due to his comments, including antagonizing and threatening the prosecutor.

After deliberating for seven hours, a jury reached a verdict, convicting three and acquitting three. The men were brought into the courtroom one-by-one to hear their respective verdicts. Walter Ouimette, charged with conspiracy and being an accessory before the fact, was acquitted on both counts. Gerald Tillinghast and Jacob Tarzian were likewise found not guilty on all counts. Ralph Byrnes was found guilty in 13 of 14 counts, including robbery, kidnapping, and possession of burglary tools. The only charge he was found to be innocent of was assault with a pistol. Charles Flynn was also found guilty on all counts and sentenced to life in prison, though he was released after about 10 years. John Ouimette was found guilty of conspiracy and being an accessory after the fact and was sentenced to 45 years, with 15 years suspended, although his conviction was overturned 10 years into his sentence.

The difference between the guilty and not guilty results came down to alibis. The prosecution was able to break the alibis of John Ouimette, Byrnes, and Flynn, but struggled to disprove the alibis of Tillinghast, Walter Ouimette, and Tarzian.

After Dussault turned state's evidence, he was put into a federal witness protection program. While in the program, Dussault continued to rob banks and other establishments. When a July 1982 coin store robbery went wrong, he was arrested, then convicted and sent to prison in Colorado. At some point he was sent to a halfway house in North Dakota, and died of a heart attack in 1992.

Law enforcement suspected the involvement of Raymond L. S. Patriarca, leader of the Patriarca crime family, but he was never prosecuted. His involvement was confirmed years later by both retired FBI agents who had been involved in the investigation and by Dussault himself, who stated that the robbery was executed at the request of the boss. After the heist, the thieves claimed they only received less than $100,000 each, with the most valuable loot, including gold, jewelry, and gems, going to Patriarca.

According to Dussault, Patriarca, who was serving a prison sentence, did not feel as though he was receiving what he was due from his associates while in prison and decided to steal from them to teach them a lesson. According to Dussault, Patriarca had the door to the vault left open for them that day, and had even called for the robbery to be rescheduled at one point because his son, Raymond Patriarca, Jr., wanted to take his valuables out of the safe first

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940097
05/15/18 12:54 PM
05/15/18 12:54 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i think for it to be a heist the people have to had gotten away with it so that eliminates like 2/3 probaly like 80 percent of all heists.the gardner musuem heist would be up there for all we know the paintings are burried in a field in maine and the thief died in prison. before he could sell them.

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940098
05/15/18 12:57 PM
05/15/18 12:57 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

hate that movies. ben affleck needs to go the fuck away any movie he touches in the last 10 yrs except gone girl is trash and his great piece of work that won a oscar didnt stand the test of time and looks like trash and really isnt a great film good will hunting oh its so bad cheesy.

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940120
05/15/18 05:04 PM
05/15/18 05:04 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

In the war years, 145,649 kg of gold from the vaults of the Nederlandsche Bank were stolen. By the Nazis, who needed gold and hard currency to keep the German war apparatus going. It was a fat booty, which was only surpassed by the 198 tons of gold that the Germans robbed in this period of Belgium.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940121
05/15/18 05:15 PM
05/15/18 05:15 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The diamond robbery from 2005 at Airport Schiphol, seven suspects have been arrested last year, 12 years later. Over $ 43 million of the booty has never been recovered.

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940123
05/15/18 05:25 PM
05/15/18 05:25 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The Pink Panthers.

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940129
05/15/18 07:20 PM
05/15/18 07:20 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

sounds dumb the kim kardashian think was crazy her 10 million dollar ring or watever. but they arrested like 12 people i dont think they got the ring back thou. i thought criminal trials are fast over there like 6 motnhs tops havnt heard a thing about it maybe it was really fake.

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940143
05/15/18 11:38 PM
05/15/18 11:38 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
There was a tv show on the court channel called ''masterminds'' last I checked they were still on youtube...Good show, 30 minute episodes !!

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940162
05/16/18 12:06 PM
05/16/18 12:06 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
I would have to say the US governments taxation of the American People.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940163
05/16/18 12:15 PM
05/16/18 12:15 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
me at age 5 when i stole a candy from the candy store.
wanted posters were hang at the all city for months until i got caught.

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940167
05/16/18 12:54 PM
05/16/18 12:54 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
A successful heist to me is getting a good, product, whatever that can be turned into cash. If cash is the haul, all the better. Getting some paintings that can't be sold off is not a good heist to me, or 10 million dollar ring that you can only get scrap price for.

Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: GerryLang] #940222
05/16/18 09:45 PM
05/16/18 09:45 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
me at age 5 when i stole a candy from the candy store.
wanted posters were hang at the all city for months until i got caught.

Meyer... Meyer ....Meyer..... you did not kick up, I did not even get a dam piece of gum.

Originally Posted by GerryLang
A successful heist to me is getting a good, product, whatever that can be turned into cash. If cash is the haul, all the better. Getting some paintings that can't be sold off is not a good heist to me, or 10 million dollar ring that you can only get scrap price for.

I agree G, Cash is King and best for any Score.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940247
05/17/18 01:19 AM
05/17/18 01:19 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The problem is that most art heists happened before there is a go between, a broker and buyer in place. When that happens, the thieves just end up with a bunch of art that is worth a lot, but have no way of getting rid of it.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: What are the most impressive Heists of all time? [Re: FireHawk] #940248
05/17/18 05:21 AM
05/17/18 05:21 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
The 1999 Bank of Rome heist when Massimo Carminati and others steal 9 milion of euros and opened 147 safety deposit boxes where was hidden the secrets of politicians,judges,journalists,bussiness men ecc

The heist was important not for the money but for the secrets that menaged Carminati to blackmail all the important people in Rome and create his empire.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull