GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 335 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,668
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
One of the poorest counties in America—- #934676
03/23/18 10:56 PM
03/23/18 10:56 PM
A
Aces Offline OP
BANNED
Aces  Offline OP
BANNED
A
Capo
McDowell county west virginia is one of the , if not the poorest counties in america. Interesting note though, violent crime is low, such as murder and robbery despite extreme poverty. Another interesting note, its mostly White. I found that quite remarkable. The media says the poorer a town or city is, the more violent it is. Well, i just learned thats not true. There’s obviously culteral aspects to violence, more so than most are willing to admit.
I just found this fascinating.

Last edited by Aces; 03/23/18 10:58 PM.
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934677
03/23/18 11:21 PM
03/23/18 11:21 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Population: 19,000 (entire county).

533 square miles.

That's 35 people per square mile. (as opposed to, say, 12,000 people per square mile, like Chicago)

Sounds like all of the good white folks already killed each other in this county.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934684
03/24/18 02:04 AM
03/24/18 02:04 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Poor area does not mean it is a high crime area.

That why you can not fix every crime problem by throwing money at it.

There is a black area in Brooklyn very poor it is a Haitian community that is a very low crime area.

If your home life is good you have a good chance to be good. If it is bad and you don’t want to be there. If the home life is bad in your neighborhood you have a good chance to turn out not so good no matter what color you are.

only the unloved hate
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934685
03/24/18 02:33 AM
03/24/18 02:33 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

People will still blame Trump.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934706
03/24/18 09:03 AM
03/24/18 09:03 AM
A
Aces Offline OP
BANNED
Aces  Offline OP
BANNED
A
Capo
My point is when you see chicago, baltimore, new orleans, camden, newark, detroit, new orleans, st louis, and memphis, everyone says the violence is due to poverty. No, violence is due to people that live in those area’s, not poverty. I just gave an example of one of the poorest area’s in the country, which just so happens to be white and yet violence is low.
what do all those violent cities have in common? They are all black with the overwhelming majority of the violence committed by blacks.

Last edited by Aces; 03/24/18 09:05 AM.
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934709
03/24/18 09:43 AM
03/24/18 09:43 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
I posted this six years ago. The numbers will have changed, but only slightly:

"You can't talk about American murder rates and gun laws without talking about race. There are 2 million people where I live in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC -- an area mostly suburban but that also has urban areas, including a large Hispanic working class. With almost wide-open gun laws, we had 17 murders last year. Our murder rate would fit in quite well in Western Europe. Cross a bridge into Washington or its Maryland suburbs, with substantial black populations, and the murder rate increases ten-fold. Nationwide, the black murder rate is about seven times the white ("other races" are lower than the white rate). Blacks are about six times more likely to be murder victims."

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934736
03/24/18 03:50 PM
03/24/18 03:50 PM
A
Aces Offline OP
BANNED
Aces  Offline OP
BANNED
A
Capo
Great info mustachepete, thanks buddy. That really helps shed light on this whole argument.

Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Footreads] #934750
03/24/18 06:37 PM
03/24/18 06:37 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Footreads
Poor area does not mean it is a high crime area.

That why you can not fix every crime problem by throwing money at it.

There is a black area in Brooklyn very poor it is a Haitian community that is a very low crime area.

If your home life is good you have a good chance to be good. If it is bad and you don’t want to be there. If the home life is bad in your neighborhood you have a good chance to turn out not so good no matter what color you are.

Well said, Foots.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934765
03/24/18 08:09 PM
03/24/18 08:09 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Difference in Rural poverty & Urban poverty. You can find the same thing in major black rural counties.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934819
03/25/18 08:44 AM
03/25/18 08:44 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
If I was president.

Every citizen to be a citizen has to learn English and must follow our constitution.

Any one who cant speak English will be taken advantage especially from their own nationality and others that can speak English. I see it every day.

Plus they are less likely to travel and do things for themselves because they need help.

I would let them apprentice teach them building jobs for example. It is cheaper to learn a trade then to go to college. Eventually they can start their own businesses.

It is not easy work but the money’s ok.

When my youngest daughter decided to move to Germany they did not ask her about graduating Columbia university with honors. They asked her what building trade can you do like carpentry.

only the unloved hate
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Footreads] #934853
03/25/18 03:40 PM
03/25/18 03:40 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
If I was president.

Every citizen to be a citizen has to learn English and must follow our constitution.

Any one who cant speak English will be taken advantage especially from their own nationality and others that can speak English. I see it every day.

Plus they are less likely to travel and do things for themselves because they need help.

I would let them apprentice teach them building jobs for example. It is cheaper to learn a trade then to go to college. Eventually they can start their own businesses.

When my youngest daughter decided to move to Germany they did not ask her about graduating Columbia university with honors. They asked her what building trade can you do like carpentry.

You reminded me of how a few Americans was assaulted in Russia with the attackers yelling " Speak Russian! Your in Russia!"
It made me think how are mainstream media/society treat foreigners.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: BlackFamily] #934931
03/26/18 01:39 AM
03/26/18 01:39 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by BlackFamily
If I was president.

You reminded me of how a few Americans was assaulted in Russia with the attackers yelling " Speak Russian! Your in Russia!"

I never heard of Russians attacking Americans, and even if they have, we are not going there and trying to make them learn our language. We are also not attacking these criminals sneaking into our nation, they are attacking and robbing us.

Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934937
03/26/18 03:43 AM
03/26/18 03:43 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I think new comers to this country are not really assimilated to our population so not knowing English leads them into being taken advantage of by others. Just like they are not assimilated into German society

They work an 8 hour day they make a 60 dollars a day tax free. No one is paying any takes on what they make contrary what the left tells you.

But their bosses who can speak English will charge you 15 hundred a day also tax free for that job. So who is the abuser and who is being abused.

On people who can’t speak English like Russians they can’t even take a city bus to go some where. Because they can’t communicate.

I had an Italian friend great guy who was our soccer/football club historian and masseur. Him and his wife never learned to speak English when they came to america at the end of WW2. They were enabled by this kids and others so they never to bothered to learn and speak English.

I am talking to him about the war he told me he was a machine gunner in WW2. He told me in one battle he killed 150 of the enemy. Then I got it he was not in the American army he fought for Mussolini. The battle was for Tobruck he killed 150 English soldiers.

only the unloved hate
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934938
03/26/18 03:56 AM
03/26/18 03:56 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
In the old days new immigrants here learned the language they immersed themselves in the so called American way of life. For one reason to get work. They even changed their names.

My friends real first name is Italian John Guiliamo. His father changed his last name to Williams. To get work.

My real last name was Americanized by Daddio.

When my Italian friends got here they even got their kids to play American sports like baseball instead of the game they loved our football soccer. That is why you heard of rizzuto and DiMaggio.

The guys that still stuck with our game some of them are in the soccer hall of fame today.

only the unloved hate
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934958
03/26/18 09:08 AM
03/26/18 09:08 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
So why do blacks kill so much? The statistics are out there. Is it when they are all stuck in the hood, they have that alpha male thing? If you eliminated the cop factor, they'd probably kill more of each other.

Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934964
03/26/18 09:38 AM
03/26/18 09:38 AM
A
Aces Offline OP
BANNED
Aces  Offline OP
BANNED
A
Capo
One needs not to look further than chicago, new orleans, or st louis to undertand the culteral aspect of all that violence.

Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934965
03/26/18 09:44 AM
03/26/18 09:44 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Know what the American way is? Finding someone to blame. It’s true. You out working a construction job and you drop a hammer on your foot? Hell, sue the company. That’s a ten-thousand-dollar foot. You’re white and you can’t get a job? Blame affirmative action. Can’t get one and you’re black? Blame the white man. Or the Koreans. Hell, blame the Japanese, everyone else does. Fucking whole country’s filled with nasty, unhappy, confused, pissed off people, and not one of them with the brain power to honestly deal with their situation. They talk about simpler times – before there was AIDS and crack and gangs and mass communication and satellites and airplanes and global warming – like it’s something they could possibly get back to. And they can’t figure out why they’re so fucked up, so they find someone to blame. (…) I mean, hell, why bother looking in the mirror at your own damn self when there’s so many other people out there who you ‘know’ you’re better than.
[p.130-131] of Dennis Lehane, "A Drink Before the War"

L.A. burns, and so many other cities smolder, waiting for the hose that will flood gasoline over the coals, and we listen to politicians who fuel our hate and our narrow views and tell us it’s simply a matter of getting back to basics while they sit in their beach-front properties and listen to the surf so they won’t have to hear the screams of the drowning. They tell us it’s about race, and we believe them. And they call it a “democracy,” and we nod our heads, so pleased with ourselves. We blame the Socias, we occasionally sneer at the Paulsons, but we always vote for the Sterling Mulkerns. And in occasional moments of quasi-lucidity, we wonder why the Mulkerns of this world don’t respect us. They don’t respect us because we are their molested children. They fuck us morning, noon, and night, but as long as they tuck us in with a kiss, as long as they whisper into our ears, “Daddy loves you, Daddy will take care of you,” we close our eyes and go to sleep, trading our bodies, our souls, for the comforting veneers of “civilization” and “security”, the false idols of our twentieth-century wet dream.
[p.311-312] of Dennis Lehane, "A Drink Before the War"

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: jace] #934979
03/26/18 12:41 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by BlackFamily
If I was president.

I never heard of Russians attacking Americans, and even if they have, we are not going there and trying to make them learn our language. We are also not attacking these criminals sneaking into our nation, they are attacking and robbing us.

The point im referring to is that the scenarios mirror each other. Actually that goes both ways, criminals coming into our country get attacked as well.

- African Proverb
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Moe_Tilden] #934980
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Know what the American way is? Finding someone to blame. It’s true. You out working a construction job and you drop a hammer on your foot? Hell, sue the company. That’s a ten-thousand-dollar foot. You’re white and you can’t get a job? Blame affirmative action. Can’t get one and you’re black? Blame the white man. Or the Koreans. Hell, blame the Japanese, everyone else does. Fucking whole country’s filled with nasty, unhappy, confused, pissed off people, and not one of them with the brain power to honestly deal with their situation. They talk about simpler times – before there was AIDS and crack and gangs and mass communication and satellites and airplanes and global warming – like it’s something they could possibly get back to. And they can’t figure out why they’re so fucked up, so they find someone to blame. (…) I mean, hell, why bother looking in the mirror at your own damn self when there’s so many other people out there who you ‘know’ you’re better than.
[p.130-131] of Dennis Lehane, "A Drink Before the War"

L.A. burns, and so many other cities smolder, waiting for the hose that will flood gasoline over the coals, and we listen to politicians who fuel our hate and our narrow views and tell us it’s simply a matter of getting back to basics while they sit in their beach-front properties and listen to the surf so they won’t have to hear the screams of the drowning. They tell us it’s about race, and we believe them. And they call it a “democracy,” and we nod our heads, so pleased with ourselves. We blame the Socias, we occasionally sneer at the Paulsons, but we always vote for the Sterling Mulkerns. And in occasional moments of quasi-lucidity, we wonder why the Mulkerns of this world don’t respect us. They don’t respect us because we are their molested children. They fuck us morning, noon, and night, but as long as they tuck us in with a kiss, as long as they whisper into our ears, “Daddy loves you, Daddy will take care of you,” we close our eyes and go to sleep, trading our bodies, our souls, for the comforting veneers of “civilization” and “security”, the false idols of our twentieth-century wet dream.
[p.311-312] of Dennis Lehane, "A Drink Before the War"

Good point.

- African Proverb
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #934981
03/26/18 12:45 PM
03/26/18 12:45 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Investments & redevelopment in rural areas will take a long time since not many people wants to live in the middle of nowhere per say.

- African Proverb
Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #935068
03/27/18 12:44 AM
03/27/18 12:44 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@blueracing

Black people kill each other, whites bomb other countries with corrupt wars

America has been a violent country since its inception

Why do u think all citizens in the country want guns

@aces

All the cities that u named are in states rife with crooked politicians and dirty police departments

Violence is the end result of bogus government practices

Re: One of the poorest counties in America—- [Re: Aces] #935521
03/30/18 02:22 PM
03/30/18 02:22 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Now that's rich. Moe, a Trump supporter, copies and pastes a long winded screed about America's "blame" culture, when Trump himself rode into the white house blaming EVERYONE except for white Americans for America's problems.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull