GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 250 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,062
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,364
Posts1,059,433
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Life Imitates Art that Imitates Life. #934493
03/22/18 03:42 PM
03/22/18 03:42 PM
R
redditor Offline OP
Wiseguy
redditor  Offline OP
R
Wiseguy
Hello,

A couple weeks ago I was reading a blog when I came across an embedded video post in the comments section. This gave me an idea for this thread. Something a little bit on the lighter side of things and at the same time a strange social phenomen that I am not sure it actually has a name as of yet but it certainly exists. So I present for you what I hope will become the official Gangster BB Cabaret and Revue. That's right its real gangsters playing music. This first came to my attention several years ago when Hal Porteous of the Hell's Angel made a music video. In the video there are appearances by the 2 individuals from the Swollen Members, MadChild (Shane Bunting) and Moka Only. (Daniel Denton). This cause a bit of a stir in the papers. ( You know cause rappers and entertainment figures are supposed to be role models for the kids lol) Anyways... What I find interesting about this is that when you step back and think about it, its life imitating art that imitates life. What I mean is we can find many rappers who glorify the lifestyle of mobster and gangsters. They present and image of this is what they are (regardless of whether its true or not) some even go so far as to name themselves after known gangsters. We have Childish Gambino,Scarface, Rick Ross, Beenie Seigel, Irv Gotti, Capone and the list goes on. So rappers who present themselves as gangsters. But now we have gangsters who present themselves as entertainers who portray themselves as gangsters. Only they are not faking it. I will stop yammering on now and just let the music speak for itself. I might make a comment or 3 but I think thats to be expected. Hopefully some of you guys will see the humour in this and post a few up if you know of some.

Our first contestant on Gangster BB Idol hails from Vancouver BC its none other than Hal Porteous himself.

Hal Porteous-OSG

Wow. Pretty bad. I am gonna give it a 2.

Okay lets try again.

This time we have an individual who isn't a Hell's Angel themselves but is clearly associated with them and might well be in the future. Also representing the west coast of Canada give a warm welcome to Stiff Gritty.

Not bad I guess. Certainly better than our first contestant. A couple interesting things I noticed in this video.
1. All the HA insignia is blurred out but the location is not. I suspect this is for copyright and trademark reasons. The HA tend to be very protective of their intellectual property rights. (Odd that they don't extend the same courtesy to others people IP considering the AC/DC loop that has been sampled I will have to presume they are okay with it) lol.
2. He mentions K-Town. That is Kelowna BC. That is quite a distance from where this chapter is located. Its a pretty well established that the HA from the Vancouver area control a large part of the drug trade in the cities in the interior of BC.

How about something with a little European flavour. Sure we can do that too. MEMO81-HÖLLENENGEL appears to be quite popular having garnered just over 360 000 views on YT so far. Lets see what they hype is all about shall we?

So its like German Gangster Rap/Rock. Who says good things don't come to those who wait?!? Not I.

In this vid I noticed that the HA head logo is not blurred out. I also noticed that the individuals in this vid are from various countries. I sort of suspect this might be a super group comprised of the best members of various HA bands across Europe or this guy really struggled to get some people together to pursue his artistic dreams.

The song is not half bad. A little over compressed but I blame the mastering engineer. Certainly better than Hal but not quite on the same level as Gritty.

Alright thats enough to get us started. I am hoping one of you guys has mafioso doing dancehall reggae or something equally as bizarre. Don't let the artistic dreams of these men toil in obscurity share them here.

Re: Life Imitates Art that Imitates Life. [Re: redditor] #934532
03/22/18 08:44 PM
03/22/18 08:44 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
But childish gambino got that name from a name generator randomly.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Life Imitates Art that Imitates Life. [Re: redditor] #934546
03/22/18 10:22 PM
03/22/18 10:22 PM
R
redditor Offline OP
Wiseguy
redditor  Offline OP
R
Wiseguy
Fair play mate. I've unintentionally besmirched the reputation of CG. My sincerest apologies to him. Lets replace him with an individual who might be called an auteur of sorts.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...star-jailed-for-crime-links-7932689.html

A mobster playing a mobster. Its as if he was born for the role.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull