GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 257 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,062
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,364
Posts1,059,430
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73239
09/26/04 09:47 PM
09/26/04 09:47 PM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Only in America do we care more about the incovenience of a security-risk than we do about the innocent lives on the plane.
Let me paraphrase your generality and make it specific based on proven information:

Only the Bush Administration cares more about the inconvenience of the Saudis than security, based upon proven links to 911. See this old article:

...Saudi officials acknowledged Saturday that Princess Haifa Faisal, the wife of Prince Bandar bin Sultan, the Saudi ambassador, gave money to the family of Osama Bassnan....

"A refusal is not the act of a friend"
Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73240
09/26/04 09:54 PM
09/26/04 09:54 PM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
DonsAdvisor, please elaborate as to how that article is an example of "Bush Administration cares more about the inconvenience of the Saudis."

Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73241
09/27/04 01:17 AM
09/27/04 01:17 AM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Krlea:
DonsAdvisor, please elaborate as to how that article is an example of "Bush Administration cares more about the inconvenience of the Saudis."
The first link below has the article mentioned above. (I can't link straight to it when I tried again - I'm not sure if you read it). Bear in mind that I am following DJ's tone of voice, so don't take him literally. But do see the articles below.

If you want to be literal, than I would infer that Bush's calculation was to overlook the Saudi connection for 9/11 in return for Saudi assistance in attacking Iraq. One can argue whether it was a good trade-off or not, but it seems disengenuous to deny any evidence of a Saudi/9-11 link (15 of 19 hijackers were Saudi).

The use of Saudi air bases was critical to the swift U.S. victory in the Gulf War, and President George W. Bush will need to use them again if he
leads an attack on Iraq, which shares most of Saudi Arabia's northern border. Saudi officials have made no such commitment this time and have sent contradictory signals about their intentions.

http://www.polarhome.com/pipermail/nasional-m/2002-November/000486.html

http://www.silive.com/news/advance/index.ssf?/base/news/1095169722130960.xml

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,71273,00.html

http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=2974

Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73242
09/27/04 05:00 AM
09/27/04 05:00 AM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
Quote:
Only in America do we care more about the incovenience of a security-risk than we do about the innocent lives on the plane.
I presume the innocent lives include Cat Stevens

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73243
09/27/04 06:18 AM
09/27/04 06:18 AM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Spelling Mistake To Blame for Cat Stevens Terror Scare

"Yusuf Islam, the British singer formerly known as Cat Stevens, was refused entry into America because of a spelling error. The 57-year-old singing star - who abandoned a successful solo career in 1977 to become a Muslim - was on a flight from London to Washington on Tuesday when his name was spotted on a US security 'watch list' and his flight was diverted before officials deported him back to Britain. Aviation sources, with access to the "no-fly" list, now insist there is no entry on the list under the name 'Yusuf Islam', but that there is a 'Youssouf Islam' on the list. The US Transportation Safety Administration alleges that Islam has links to terrorist groups, which he has denied. In a statement Islam says, "We have now initiated a legal process to try to find out exactly what is going on, and to take all necessary steps to undo the very serious, and wholly unfounded, injustice which I have suffered. The amazing thing is that I was not given, and have still not been given, any explanation whatsoever as to what it is I am accused of, or why I am now deemed an apparent security threat - let alone given an opportunity to respond to these allegations. I was simply told that the order had come from on high."

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73244
09/27/04 03:26 PM
09/27/04 03:26 PM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
Quote:
Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] Only in America do we care more about the incovenience of a security-risk than we do about the innocent lives on the plane.
I presume the innocent lives include Cat Stevens [/b][/quote]The point is Senza Mamma, that you or I don't have a clue how "innocent" Cat Stevens is. There's a reason he is on the no-fly list. I don't care if they put the pope on a no-fly list, I wouldent fly with him....well ok maybe the Pope

Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73245
09/27/04 10:05 PM
09/27/04 10:05 PM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Krlea:
[quote]Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] Only in America do we care more about the incovenience of a security-risk than we do about the innocent lives on the plane.
I presume the innocent lives include Cat Stevens [/b][/quote]The point is Senza Mamma, that you or I don't have a clue how "innocent" Cat Stevens is. There's a reason he is on the no-fly list. I don't care if they put the pope on a no-fly list, I wouldent fly with him....well ok maybe the Pope [/b][/quote]Someone here certainly doesn't have a clue, but its not Senza Mama.

Yusuf Islam, formerly the singer Cat Stevens, was deported from the United States because of a spelling error, with US officials confusing the former pop star with a man with a similar name who is on a "no-fly" list, Time magazine claims.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/09/26/1096137097889.html?oneclick=true

Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73246
09/28/04 04:29 AM
09/28/04 04:29 AM
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
[quote]Originally posted by Krlea:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[b]
quote:
I presume the innocent lives include Cat Stevens [/b][/quote]The point is Senza Mamma, that you or I don't have a clue how "innocent" Cat Stevens is. There's a reason he is on the no-fly list. I don't care if they put the pope on a no-fly list, I wouldent fly with him....well ok maybe the Pope [/b][/quote]Someone here certainly doesn't have a clue, but its not Senza Mama.

Yusuf Islam, formerly the singer Cat Stevens, was deported from the United States because of a spelling error, with US officials confusing the former pop star with a man with a similar name who is on a "no-fly" list, Time magazine claims.

Yikes!! Am I Senza Mama or Senza Mamma???

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73247
09/28/04 09:21 AM
09/28/04 09:21 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
It looks like besides needed a course in Muslim names and spelling, the FBI could use help translating. Tom Ridge says we don't need a person with budget authority to oversee the intelligence departments?

FBI Not Translating All Terrorism Material -Audit

2 hours, 31 minutes ago Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Deborah Charles

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The FBI (news - web sites) does not have enough translators to handle a growing backlog of documents and intercepts in Arabic, Farsi, Urdu and Pashto, a federal audit said on Monday, confirming criticism by U.S. elected officials and experts.

An unclassified summary of a July 2004 report by the U.S. Justice Department (news - web sites)'s inspector general said while the FBI has increased the number of translators of languages used in the Middle East, Pakistan and Afghanistan (news - web sites), it still cannot keep up with the backlog of material flowing into the system.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73248
09/28/04 02:48 PM
09/28/04 02:48 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Yeah. I suppose that's what happens when polticians would rather keep paying into social security instead of boosting defense.

Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73249
09/28/04 05:05 PM
09/28/04 05:05 PM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
Quote:
Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
[quote]Originally posted by Krlea:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[b]
quote:

Ok I admit your post mad me burst out laughing , but I swear D.V.'s post about that info was not there when I posted. We must have been posting at the same time. And my point does still stand, if their on a no fly list then they shouldent fly. Nobody said they system was perfect, but I'd rather have it be a little off then not there at all.

Re: Cat Stevens a National Security Risk? #73250
09/29/04 09:40 AM
09/29/04 09:40 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Being a Middle Eastern myself I don't mind to go through three hours safety check procedures at the port of entry to the US. Some people miss their connecting flights and it is frustrating sometimes but if that can help to prevent tragedies like 9/11, so be it. It is better than after the accident accusing certain race or nationality for that matter. Frankly I don't think being a terrorist has anything to do with race, beliefs, nationality or religion. This is a sickness that has to be prevented by raising safety measures. Also I don't think that terrorists communicate with a certain language. I think nowadays encrypting such materials is as easy as working with a computer. Mistakes in these procedures are inevitable; hopefully they'll get better every day for the sake of humanity.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull