GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Irishman12, 2 invisible), 272 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,572
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,043
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,515
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,363
Posts1,059,372
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73159
09/24/04 09:54 PM
09/24/04 09:54 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Just trying to spice things up here FS :p

Oh look, totally off topic of this thread and maybe Geoff will get pissed, I don't know. I'll just have to live on the edge I guess. :p

Anyway, check out this link. Did you know you it is illegal to make wagers on the Presidential election in Vegas???? However, for you bigtime gamblers (PLaw), there is hope.

web page

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73160
09/24/04 10:08 PM
09/24/04 10:08 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Gee Tis, don't you get enough spice in school each day. It is only 7pm on your coast, you have the whole night ahead of you. Maybe you need a pet or a hobby to spice things up.
The best part is:

Why? No-one seems entirely certain, but it probably has something to do with it being unseemly to bet on something as important as the White House.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73161
09/26/04 12:55 PM
09/26/04 12:55 PM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
The Bright Side Of The Road
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[b] [QUOTE]... There is a myriad of sources from which I could have got that info, the issue just popped into my head as I was on these boards.
Ahhhh...I see.
Funny though that since you're so interested in the U.S. elections you didn't have that info already, considering the "...myriad of sources...". According to your original post, you didn't even know if there were 'plans' for televised debates, let alone a schedule.

Winding my neck down...

Apple [/b][/quote]Keep unwinding. Still a long way to go Apple.

Apple, have you ever been married??

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73162
09/26/04 09:24 PM
09/26/04 09:24 PM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
[quote]Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by beatlewho01-02:
I can hear it now. Karl Rove and his team giving high fives to each other. They won.
Actually, I think in this case, the American public won. A victory over shoddy and biased journalism which has been the status quo for generations, starting with Walter Cronkite. [/b][/quote]Just because the Hitler Diaries turned out to be fake doesn't mitigate what Hitler did. [/b][/quote]Gee comparing Bush to Hitler, I've never heard that one before. :rolleyes:

Simply put the more I hear about the screw up by CBS, the more I think the whole Kerry campaign is involved. Hell according to reports one of his advisors is already involved up to his neck.

I'm not calling the President a Hitler. I was implying that if the letter is a forgery, that doesn't prove or disprove whether Bush got preferential treatment.

Besides, I think its no big deal if Bush had gotten preferential treatment in the military. This likely occured across the political spectrum.

Ironically, you seem to think that Kerry is behind this, which is baseless. So I've only made factually true statements, while you seem to believe unproven campaign smears.

"A refusal is not the act of a friend"
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73163
09/26/04 11:02 PM
09/26/04 11:02 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
[quote]Originally posted by The Iceman:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
quote:
Originally posted by beatlewho01-02:
I can hear it now. Karl Rove and his team giving high fives to each other. They won.
Actually, I think in this case, the American public won. A victory over shoddy and biased journalism which has been the status quo for generations, starting with Walter Cronkite. [/b][/quote]Just because the Hitler Diaries turned out to be fake doesn't mitigate what Hitler did. [/b][/quote]Gee comparing Bush to Hitler, I've never heard that one before. :rolleyes:

Simply put the more I hear about the screw up by CBS, the more I think the whole Kerry campaign is involved. Hell according to reports one of his advisors is already involved up to his neck.

I'm not calling the President a Hitler. I was implying that if the letter is a forgery, that doesn't prove or disprove whether Bush got preferential treatment.

Besides, I think its no big deal if Bush had gotten preferential treatment in the military. This likely occured across the political spectrum.

Ironically, you seem to think that Kerry is behind this, which is baseless. So I've only made factually true statements, while you seem to believe unproven campaign smears.

I never said you called the president a hitler, I basically said you were comparing them. There is a difference.

Yeah I think Kerry is involved, but yet it's not totally baseless. If you would just look at all the facts.

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73164
09/27/04 01:36 AM
09/27/04 01:36 AM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:

Yeah I think Kerry is involved, but yet it's not totally baseless. If you would just look at all the facts.
Because politics can be a dirty business, I'm sure all kinds of allegations fly around.

But if "justice is blind" and you are a fair person, then I think the true test of whether you should believe an allegation is for someone to tell you the allegation with the names blanked out. i.e.

Do you believe: "Candidate X was involved in forging letters about Candidate Y based on ... etc.. etc .. etc"

...same with the 2000 Florida recount. Ideally, they should not have told the Courts (both FL State and US Supreme) which side was which!

"A refusal is not the act of a friend"
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73165
09/27/04 03:56 AM
09/27/04 03:56 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I've said all along I have no idea how this election will turn out, and surely wouldn't make any kind of bet on it even now.
TIS, I couldn't agree more, the election results might be surprising and I wouldn't count on polls that much. This is a hot election and it might be interesting for you to know that all eyes outside the US is following this election in particular because as Senza mama said the US foreign policy has been affecting so many non-US citizens lately. I remember president Bush saying in very early months of his victory something to the effect of that he has planned to Americanize the whole world and he thinks all people around the world should think of themselves as US citizens and they should do their duty based on that to the US. This sounded like a globalization in politics which later was more clarified as "You are either with us or against us". Frankly if that's part of a plan I think everyone outside the US should have a right to vote for their choice of the US president as well.
As for the result of this election I think no one can say what would happen for sure. This last election for the governor in the state of Alabama that I know of and I was following in the news when I was there was a very close race and I really didn't expect it to be like that since Alabama is known to be a strong Republican state at this moment and in the last election. Right now I see the election results critical in the state of Florida which is still in the category of toss up. A swing in Florida's electoral votes could change the fate of this election as it did back in 2000.

By the way, if you'd like to play with electoral votes and see how the results would change, here is a great web page: Electoral Vote Calculator

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73166
09/27/04 09:22 AM
09/27/04 09:22 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Afsaneh,

Thanks for the link. After last election, we all will be paying more attention to the electoral votes I'm sure. I just hope whoever wins, wins both the electoral/popular vote.

Btw, an interesting tidbit, I think, supporting the idea of a "surprise" of sorts, in this election: I heard yesterday on the news that, in Ohio (a battlground state), in the recent months, Democrat voter registration went up 250 percent, and Republican 50 per cent. If in every state both sides are getting newly registered voters, and if everyone who registers actually votes, could be that the polls will not be accurate at all.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73167
09/27/04 09:58 AM
09/27/04 09:58 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
I think you almost have to be a fool, sometimes to believe in some of these poles. After all people can say anything they want and people will spread it around if it fits their own needs. That include telling people that the other guys is for something he isn't and also that they are for something when they are not.

If you run for office these days you seem to have a pass to say what ever you want. One thing I will predict. Thta no matter who is in office this time next year. The people will be bitching and the fingers will be pointing.

I think you should all do a write in vote and vote for ME After all I am not Bush and I am not Kerry. I owe nothing to any party or side and I have taken no money from any group or company.

I will work for less money. By the Way, Yes, I am for that, but not for that other thing. Both those other guys are wrong, but I can fix it if you elect ME! I am FATHERSSON Lesser of the three evils.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73168
09/27/04 06:49 PM
09/27/04 06:49 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

I love the hypocrisy, from politicians all the way around, but I really have a good laugh at DNC in this case.

The Swift Boat Vets, who patronize a lawyer connected to the Bush campaign, are called essentially Bush headfigures and it is a blatant and unfounded attack on Kerry.

Yet CBS, and those who "revealed" these documents, admit to colluding with a Kerry campaign advisor, but it is baseless to assume that the Kerry camp had any malignant intent as far as these documents are concerned. Regardless of Kerry involvement, this shows clearly the media's level of attemtped bias. Retire, Dan, retire. Save face, while you can.

Actually, it will probably gain him popularity with Bush haters, because of his undamning and unwavering mission to upheave Bush. :rolleyes:

It's just like how Kerry keeps talking about Bush saying "mission accomplished." He never said that (even the liberal NY Times says this in today's issue) but he did stand in front of a banner on the aircraft carrier that said it...I guess it's quoting by association.

Whoops! I guess it's also like voting for a war, but voting not to fund it. Pardon me if I can imagine a different form of salute for Kerry from our troops if he is elected, involving one finger only.

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73169
09/27/04 11:31 PM
09/27/04 11:31 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:

Whoops! I guess it's also like voting for a war, but voting not to fund it. Pardon me if I can imagine a different form of salute for Kerry from our troops if he is elected, involving one finger only.
Being a Navy wife I will gladly salute him like that.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73170
09/28/04 03:25 PM
09/28/04 03:25 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Democrats Preparing to Steal IOWA ???

Sept. 28, 2004

More evidence the Democrats are planning an Election Day surprise for George Bush.

NewsMax's recent "Insider Report" revealed that the Democrats and their 527 groups, as well as the major unions, were launching an unprecedented $300 million "get out the vote" effort to defeat President Bush.

Republican strategists have warned that the Democratic efforts may be laying the groundwork for massive vote fraud on Election Day.

Insider Report also detailed that Democrats have been out-registering Republican voters by a factor of 5 to 1 in Ohio and Florida.

But now there is word from Iowa that the Democrats are preparing to snag that state through "voter efforts."

The Des Moines Register details that as of last week 199,592 absentee ballots have been requested – with most of those coming from Iowa's 20 largest counties.

As the New York Times put it, "Under Iowa law, anyone can request an absentee ballot, no questions asked. ..."

And who is asking for these ballots?

The paper said that a study of the state's 20 largest counties found that "roughly three times as many Democrats as Republicans" have requested ballots.

The Democratic operation in the state has not gone unnoticed by Republicans.

Republican Congressman Jim Leach told the Times the Iowa Democratic Party "has now become the single best organized political party in the entire country."

Back in 2000 Gore lost Iowa at the polls, but still eked out a 4,144-vote victory after absentee ballots were counted.

With every vote crucial in this contest, Democrats are clearly leaving nothing to chance.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73171
10/03/04 11:09 AM
10/03/04 11:09 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA

Brokaw, Jennings Show Support for Rather

Quote:

By DEEPTI HAJELA, AP

NEW YORK (Oct. 2) - While acknowledging mistakes in CBS anchor Dan Rather's "60 Minutes" report that questioned President Bush's service in the National Guard, competing news anchors Tom Brokaw and Peter Jennings offered support Saturday for the beleaguered newsman.

Brokaw blasted what he called an attempt to "demonize" CBS and Rather on the Internet, where complaints about the report first surfaced. He said the criticism "goes well beyond any factual information."

"What I think is highly inappropriate is what going on across the Internet, a kind of political jihad ... that is quite outrageous," the NBC anchor said at a panel on which all three men spoke.

Rather declined to comment, saying news executives had asked him not to talk about the report while an investigation was under way.

The Guard story, aired on Sept. 8, was discredited because it relied on documents impugning Bush's service that apparently were fake.

"I don't think you ever judge a man by only one event in his career," said Jennings, anchor on ABC.

The panel, part of The New Yorker Festival, was one of the last times all three anchors were expected to appear together in their current roles. Brokaw is stepping down Dec. 1.

Neither Jennings nor Rather have said when they will leave.

"Based on what we now know, CBS News cannot prove that the documents [used in our story] are authentic, which is the only acceptable journalistic standard to justify using them in the report. We should not have used them." -- CBS News President Andrew Heyward

"We made a mistake in judgment, and for that I am sorry. It was an error that was made, however, in good faith and in the spirit of trying to carry on a CBS News tradition of investigative reporting without fear or favoritism." -- CBS News anchor Dan Rather

The three broadcasters, who have all anchored their networks for at least two decades, also discussed the run-up to war in Iraq.

Rather said he did not ask enough questions before the war or conduct enough follow-up reporting.

"If the country is in dire peril, as the president of the United States says it is ... I want to be a patriotic journalist," he said.

"You know that the role of the patriotic journalist is to put your fear aside, stand up, look them in the eye, ask the rough questions. But you also know that when you do that, you're going to get hammered..." Rather said. "So what happens is you just say ... maybe tomorrow."

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73172
10/04/04 02:29 PM
10/04/04 02:29 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I guess CBS isn't the only network willing to run with false stories.

Fox apologizes for fake Kerry quotes

Associated Press

WASHINGTON - Fox News has apologized for posting phony quotes from Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on its Web site.

Carl Cameron, a Fox reporter who covers the Kerry campaign, wrote an item that looked like a news story with made-up Kerry quotes, said Paul Schur, a Fox spokesman. The item was not intended to be posted on the site.

"Carl made a stupid mistake which he regrets," Schur said Friday. "And he has been reprimanded for his lapse in judgment. It was a poor attempt at humor."

The phony item posted early Friday read in part: "Rallying supporters in Tampa Friday, Kerry played up his performance in Thursday night's debate in which many observers agreed the Massachusetts senator outperformed the president.

" 'Didn't my nails and cuticles look great? What a good debate!' Kerry said Friday."

The item also quoted Kerry as saying of himself and President Bush: "I'm metrosexual - he's a cowboy."

Asked about the incident, Kerry spokesman David Wade said: "America would be stronger if only George Bush could admit his mistakes as easily."

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73173
10/04/04 02:47 PM
10/04/04 02:47 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Then, about the group that JJ brought to our attention. The one that is actually a pro-Bush group.

http://www.foxnews.com

First were the usual suspects who were clear about where they stood, OK, no problem. Then came the Billionaires for Bush, but they're actually supporting Kerry. After that came Communists for Kerry; they're seemingly working, albeit in an unorthodox way, to re-elect Bush.

For a Friday report on this Web site following the first Bush-Kerry debate, a member of Communists for Kerry managed to persuade a FOXNews.com reporter that he was indeed a Kerry supporter. His true feelings subsequently were misrepresented in a story that was published here over the weekend.

FOXNews.com regrets the error. From now on, polygraphs for everybody.

Editor's Note

On Friday, FOXNews.com posted an item purporting to contain quotations from John Kerry. The item was based on a reporter’s partial script that had been written in jest and should not have been posted or broadcast. We regret the error, which occurred because of fatigue and bad judgment, not malice.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73174
10/04/04 03:12 PM
10/04/04 03:12 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Democrats Preparing to Steal IOWA ???..................
President Bush Signs Tax Cut in Iowa

By DEB RIECHMANN, AP

WASHINGTON (Oct. 4) - President Bush signed his fourth tax cut in four years on Monday, extending three tax breaks popular with middle-class voters and reviving other tax incentives for businesses.

Bush held the bill signing ceremony at a YMCA in Iowa, one of the most contested states in this year's presidential election with Democrat John Kerry and a state Bush lost by a razor-thin margin in 2000.

An estimated 94 million Americans will be affected by the tax relief, which keeps three middle-class tax breaks from expiring Jan. 1 and renews others for businesses. The tax cut also will swell the deficit, which is at a record high.

"The law I sign this morning comes at just the right time for America," Bush said.

The $145.9 billion tax package that Congress passed last month will:

Keep the per-child tax credit at $1,000 for five years.

Continue to allow more of taxpayers' income to be taxed at 10 percent, the lowest rate, for six years.

Retain for four years a provision giving married couples relief from the so-called marriage penalty.

The individual taxpayer relief is estimated to cost $131.4 billion in government revenue over the next decade. In addition, Republicans added provisions to extend 23 tax breaks for businesses that were set to expire. The biggest item in this group, which costs $12.97 billion, is a tax credit to businesses for research and development.

Kerry, who appears Tuesday in Tipton, Iowa, to discuss issues concerning middle-class Americans, backed the tax breaks in the Senate, saying they helped families being squeezed by a weak economy, falling incomes and rising health costs. But he has proposed rolling back the tax cuts for families making more than $200,000 and using the savings to make health care and education more affordable.

The Massachusetts senator also has proposed new tax cuts to help middle-class families - relief he says won't increase the deficit.

"There's a fundamental difference between George Bush and John Kerry on taxes," said Kerry spokesman Phil Singer. "George Bush wants more tax breaks for his special interest friends, and John Kerry wants to cut taxes and health costs for working families."

Bush said the bill he signed Monday, approved last week by Congress, "will extend vital tax relief for millions of American families and add momentum to our growing economy."

"Unless we acted, a family of four earning $40,000 would have seen their federal income taxes rise by more than $900," Bush said. "That would have been a burden for hardworking families across America. And it would have been a setback for our economy."

Iowa, one of six states decided by fewer than 10,000 votes in the 2000 election, has been a frequent destination for both campaigns.

Monday was Bush's 17th presidential trip to Iowa. Kerry has traveled there seven times. He also got a lot of exposure in the state during the nominating caucuses in January when he and running mate John Edwards, then a rival, rode late-breaking momentum to a one-two finish that put them on track to challenge Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

Polls show Bush with a slim lead over Kerry in Iowa, which offers seven electoral votes to the winner on Nov. 2.

Bush, who holds an "Ask President Bush" event in nearby Clive, Iowa, later Monday, hopes to win Iowa by appealing to conservative Democrats, particularly Roman Catholic voters who tend to side with the GOP on abortion, gay marriage and other social issues.

Kerry, assisted by Democratic Sen. Tom Harkin and Democratic Gov. Tom Vilsack, is hoping the state's economy and the Iraq war will keep Iowa in their party's win column.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull