GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 267 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,917
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,330
Posts1,058,780
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses #926008
01/05/18 08:57 AM
01/05/18 08:57 AM
R
Regoparker100 Offline OP
Made Member
Regoparker100  Offline OP
R
Made Member
What was his relationship like with Carmine Persico, Gaspipe and Vic Amuso during his tenure as boss before flipping? I know he didn't have a good relationship with the Chin, and his ties to Gotti deteriorated once Massino became boss.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926010
01/05/18 09:32 AM
01/05/18 09:32 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
From what I remember, Massino wanted to end joint ventures with the other families in order to minimize exposure to potential informants from other families. He even ended Bonanno family involvement in the construction unions.

What ever relationship he had with other bosses, I don't think they talked much.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926013
01/05/18 09:55 AM
01/05/18 09:55 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
If I remember well in raab's 5 families its said that after 3 colombo war Massino wanted with the Luccheses to absorb what remained of the colombo family.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: furio_from_naples] #926016
01/05/18 11:26 AM
01/05/18 11:26 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
If I remember well in raab's 5 families its said that after 3 colombo war Massino wanted with the Luccheses to absorb what remained of the colombo family.

In a numbers sense, that wouldn't have been that bad of an idea, in that if the Lukes and the Bonannos would split the Colombos, the remaining four families would have the same amount of made men approximately..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926029
01/05/18 03:49 PM
01/05/18 03:49 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
I think the Colombo's - being the rats nest that they are - were like kryptonite to other families. And still are.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926068
01/05/18 10:18 PM
01/05/18 10:18 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
It's not one family cultivate rats ! The thing that's creates rats are obviously guys getting busted!

The more old lucrative rackets you have the better the family is . When a family is down weather it's due to war or busts the remaining members are hungry for money, when you are hungry for money you make bad decisions and that leads to arrests and that leads to rats.

It has nothing to do with the Colombo's it has to do with there history!!!!

It takes time to rebuild and rebound from what they have been through, and it's been a while, take a look at what they have been through it's a wonder they are even viable .

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Serpiente] #926088
01/06/18 12:58 AM
01/06/18 12:58 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
It's not one family cultivate rats ! The thing that's creates rats are obviously guys getting busted!

The more old lucrative rackets you have the better the family is . When a family is down weather it's due to war or busts the remaining members are hungry for money, when you are hungry for money you make bad decisions and that leads to arrests and that leads to rats.

It takes time to rebuild and rebound from what they have been through, and it's been a while, take a look at what they have been through it's a wonder they are even viable .

That's true, their entire family has had more internal strife than even a single faction of the entire Genovese.

However, I must say that poor quality begets poor quality. It's true in business as well as crime syndicates (I guess). Having just visited the Microsoft store I found it empty, while the apple store across the way was packed (and this was in Seattle!).

Poor quality members gravitate towards the Colombo's and Bonanno's rather than, say, the Genovese. Rarely do we hear of Genovese members invading a home and tying up elderly people. Colombo/Bonanno tend to take more risks, and engage in violence unnecessarily, and ultimately, rat out.

(Also, I think it has a lot to do with Brooklyn. Pizza had this same theory, and I know it's controversial)

Last edited by Flushing; 01/06/18 01:01 AM.
Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Flushing] #926145
01/06/18 05:49 PM
01/06/18 05:49 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: Flushing

That's true, their entire family has had more internal strife than even a single faction of the entire Genovese.

However, I must say that poor quality begets poor quality. It's true in business as well as crime syndicates (I guess). Having just visited the Microsoft store I found it empty, while the apple store across the way was packed (and this was in Seattle!).

Poor quality members gravitate towards the Colombo's and Bonanno's rather than, say, the Genovese. Rarely do we hear of Genovese members invading a home and tying up elderly people. Colombo/Bonanno tend to take more risks, and engage in violence unnecessarily, and ultimately, rat out.

(Also, I think it has a lot to do with Brooklyn. Pizza had this same theory, and I know it's controversial)

The real ruin of the colombos are the the persico family,if Orena should won the war the family would be in better shape.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: furio_from_naples] #926147
01/06/18 06:11 PM
01/06/18 06:11 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss

The real ruin of the colombos are the the persico family,if Orena should won the war the family would be in better shape.

Hard to say how the Orena's would have turned out , the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence .

The two families have reconciled and the Orena's are mingling and using the Persico's spoiles together.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: furio_from_naples] #926148
01/06/18 06:12 PM
01/06/18 06:12 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

Orena caused the war and is responsible for the demise of the Colombo family as a result.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Serpiente] #926149
01/06/18 06:22 PM
01/06/18 06:22 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

Hard to say how the Orena's would have turned out , the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence .

The two families have reconciled and the Orena's are mingling and using the Persico's spoiles together.

Only Orena's sons are in with the Persico's. The old man will always be in the dog box for his betrayal.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Neo] #926151
01/06/18 06:51 PM
01/06/18 06:51 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: Neo

Orena caused the war and is responsible for the demise of the Colombo family as a result.

The Snake get 150 y and wanted to rule from prison,if he really wanted the best for the family he would stepped down and made Orena boss.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: furio_from_naples] #926152
01/06/18 07:06 PM
01/06/18 07:06 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

The Snake get 150 y and wanted to rule from prison,if he really wanted the best for the family he would stepped down and made Orena boss.

True, but still doesn't excuse Orena's betrayal.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926172
01/06/18 10:06 PM
01/06/18 10:06 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Kinda think anthony spero handled all relations with the other bk families. Orena order that guy oceras murder on long island over stupid shit getting caught with loan shark records. Bullshit reason to die think gotti eggd him on to. That did him n not persico.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: pmac] #926174
01/06/18 10:18 PM
01/06/18 10:18 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
Kinda think anthony spero handled all relations with the other bk families. Orena order that guy oceras murder on long island over stupid shit getting caught with loan shark records. Bullshit reason to die think gotti eggd him on to. That did him n not persico.

True . Gotti was out to take other families and was using Orena as a puppet. He needed Persico out of the way even spreading rumors and kid shit .

Fucking guys were falling for Gotti and a few families were close to being swallowed up by the Gambinos .

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: pmac] #926178
01/06/18 10:33 PM
01/06/18 10:33 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

Ocera got hit for skimming money from the shylock operation.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926180
01/06/18 10:54 PM
01/06/18 10:54 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Percico’s were hanging by a thread, it should have been orena and cutolo but it could have been anyone if it was not for Scarpa not being found out sooner as a Rat or being whacked or death from aids sooner. The

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926182
01/06/18 10:56 PM
01/06/18 10:56 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Money can be paid back. I read in deal with the devil . Ocera was rich owned some big restaurant/caterers thing on long island and had some type of beef with someone close to john sr. That murder came from orena.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926183
01/06/18 10:58 PM
01/06/18 10:58 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Al darco had a sitdown with spero over that guy frank lagano who was killed in new jersey. He was a huge bookie back then. He must have been a vario guy.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: pmac] #926186
01/06/18 11:29 PM
01/06/18 11:29 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Money can be paid back. I read in deal with the devil . Ocera was rich owned some big restaurant/caterers thing on long island and had some type of beef with someone close to john sr. That murder came from orena.

Yeah money can be paid back but the thing is, if your skimming from the mob you don't get the chance to pay it back, they just hit you. After that they gave two of Ocera's gambling clubs to the assassin.

Last edited by Neo; 01/06/18 11:31 PM.
Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Neo] #926194
01/07/18 07:39 AM
01/07/18 07:39 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy

Orena don't betrayl nobody: he was street boss and asked carmine sessa to poll the capos if was ok if he would become boss but Sessa said it to persico and so started the war. Orena wouldn't be the first acting or street boss to be appointed as official boss.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: furio_from_naples] #926196
01/07/18 08:31 AM
01/07/18 08:31 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

Orena don't betrayl nobody: he was street boss and asked carmine sessa to poll the capos if was ok if he would become boss but Sessa said it to persico and so started the war. Orena wouldn't be the first acting or street boss to be appointed as official boss.

Orena was appointed acting boss by Carmine and it was made clear to everyone that this promotion was only until his son got out of prison. Orena has no business trying to poll the capo's and that wouldn't have worked anyway. The capo's can't decide on a new official boss, only the commission can do that.

Last edited by Neo; 01/07/18 08:32 AM.
Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Neo] #926208
01/07/18 10:34 AM
01/07/18 10:34 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy

Orena was appointed acting boss by Carmine and it was made clear to everyone that this promotion was only until his son got out of prison. Orena has no business trying to poll the capo's and that wouldn't have worked anyway. The capo's can't decide on a new official boss, only the commission can do that.

In the early 1990s all the bosses was in jail and the commission can't decide anything otherwise the war wouldnt start. Orena asked Sessa and maybe the capos would prefered a boss on the streets that a boss in jail or a boss that gained the rules only because was the official boss son. In fact the orena faction would win without Scarpa sr and devecchio.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926228
01/07/18 02:17 PM
01/07/18 02:17 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Most likely Furio and if there was anytime you could have overthrown a sitting boss it was around then .

Now you can piss in a bosses face and getaway with it , just like in life now look what has happened with quality of men in the last forty years compared to the last couple hundred. Pure de shit !!!!

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: furio_from_naples] #926231
01/07/18 02:31 PM
01/07/18 02:31 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

In the early 1990s all the bosses was in jail and the commission can't decide anything otherwise the war wouldnt start. Orena asked Sessa and maybe the capos would prefered a boss on the streets that a boss in jail or a boss that gained the rules only because was the official boss son. In fact the orena faction would win without Scarpa sr and devecchio.

The families can send whoever they want to commission meetings to represent them, it doesn't have to be the boss.
Both Orena and Sessa (on behalf of Persico) were reporting to the commission during the Colombo war stating their case for the boss position, the commission chaired by Gigante continually delayed their decision hoping the Colombo's would cripple themselves enough so the other families can grab their rackets.

Last edited by Neo; 01/07/18 02:32 PM.
Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926232
01/07/18 02:37 PM
01/07/18 02:37 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Then orena ok them to kill the guy jack leale or something like that he was a made guy and a funeral home guy. He made alot of bodys disappear. And oceras body was found. In the scarpa book they try to put it on scarpa but the orders came from orena. Im sure tons of the evidence used against vic was obtained in illegal ways by the feds and scarpa planting shit and giving made up hearsay.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: pmac] #926263
01/07/18 08:45 PM
01/07/18 08:45 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Then orena ok them to kill the guy jack leale or something like that he was a made guy and a funeral home guy. He made alot of bodys disappear. And oceras body was found. In the scarpa book they try to put it on scarpa but the orders came from orena. Im sure tons of the evidence used against vic was obtained in illegal ways by the feds and scarpa planting shit and giving made up hearsay.

Thomas Ocera sounded like a successful Colombo soldier. He was co-owner of a restaurant, owned interests in a refuse-carting business and gasoline business, had a loansharking operation partly financed by Pasquale Amato and two gambling clubs.
I guess he just got greedy and Orena found out probably through that book the Police seized that contained all the loans and vig owed.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926264
01/07/18 08:50 PM
01/07/18 08:50 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

he did something to piss off gotti this is 89 rite when gotti was telling oreana to take over the family carmines a rat. read it somewere. i didnt even know the guy was in on the gas racket so he was really rich. stealing i doubt it.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: Regoparker100] #926265
01/07/18 08:53 PM
01/07/18 08:53 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

cam newton sucks. so over rated.

Re: Massino's relationship with Colombos and Luccheses [Re: pmac] #926267
01/07/18 09:23 PM
01/07/18 09:23 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
he did something to piss off gotti this is 89 rite when gotti was telling oreana to take over the family carmines a rat. read it somewere. i didnt even know the guy was in on the gas racket so he was really rich. stealing i doubt it.

He wasn't in on the gas racket, he owned interests (shares) in a legitimate gasoline business.

Last edited by Neo; 01/07/18 09:26 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull