GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 154 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,557
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: CNN [Re: OakAsFan] #925472
12/29/17 06:22 PM
12/29/17 06:22 PM
C
Ciment Online content
Ciment  Online Content
C

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
There is a documented history of FoxNews having shareholders and CEOs with a direct conservative agenda.

There is NO documented history of any other news network in the country having shareholders or CEOs with any direct political agenda. None. Zilch.

A news network CEO referring to a political party as "the other side", as Roger Ailes did, is evidence of propaganda. You're just not going to find evidence of any other network having leadership with this kind of agenda.

Ailes was with Fox from the start, which was in 1996. This network has served as conservative political propaganda from that very day, and continues to up to this very moment.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-jeff-zucker-concedes-cnn-has-been-a-little-too-liberal/

Jeff Zucker Concedes CNN Has Been ‘A Little Too Liberal’

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925473
12/29/17 06:29 PM
12/29/17 06:29 PM
C
Ciment Online content
Ciment  Online Content
C

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/hannity-exposes-cnns-jeff-zucker-and-msnbcs-andy-lack-fake-news-chiefs/

Hannity then took aim at Zucker and Lack’s campaign contributions “in case you’re still wondering what party affiliation these two ‘fake news chiefs’ belong to.” He mentioned that Zucker’s wife donated thousands of dollars to the DNC and Lack contributed over $50,000 to Democrats like President Obama, Hillary Clinton, Maxine Waters, and Barbara Boxer.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925479
12/29/17 08:14 PM
12/29/17 08:14 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
lol, Foots. What paychecks? Half of Trump's voters are unemployed and waiting for the coal jobs to come back, as he promised them.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 12/29/17 08:15 PM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: CNN [Re: OakAsFan] #925493
12/30/17 02:34 AM
12/30/17 02:34 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
lol, Foots. What paychecks? Half of Trump's voters are unemployed and waiting for the coal jobs to come back, as he promised them.

Half of Trumps voters would be 30 million people, a small fraction of which are coal workers.

I can't blame you for not knowing this, as CNN perpetually ignores, degrades and mischaracterizes vast areas of 'flyover land'.

I like when people pretend soros and ted turner are just idle, non partisan observers. They literally direct the democratic party through their propaganda
Cartels. Soros just dumped 18 billion into his think tank. Liberal media is ripping down the pillars of society one by one.

Last edited by Flushing; 12/30/17 02:39 AM.
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925526
12/30/17 10:35 AM
12/30/17 10:35 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I was going to guess half of Hillary’s voters paid no taxes at all. Am I wrong on that?

only the unloved hate
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925528
12/30/17 10:39 AM
12/30/17 10:39 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I actually like what Ben Carson said when he ran against trump for president. He thought ever adult voter should pay something in taxes and not nothing? Those oak and others agree with that?

only the unloved hate
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925529
12/30/17 10:41 AM
12/30/17 10:41 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
If you paid nothing in taxes you should not even be allowed to vote.

only the unloved hate
Re: CNN [Re: Flushing] #925530
12/30/17 10:49 AM
12/30/17 10:49 AM
C
Ciment Online content
Ciment  Online Content
C

Originally Posted By: Flushing

Half of Trumps voters would be 30 million people, a small fraction of which are coal workers.

I can't blame you for not knowing this, as CNN perpetually ignores, degrades and mischaracterizes vast areas of 'flyover land'.

I like when people pretend soros and ted turner are just idle, non partisan observers. They literally direct the democratic party through their propaganda
Cartels. Soros just dumped 18 billion into his think tank. Liberal media is ripping down the pillars of society one by one.

Well phrased Flushing !

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925535
12/30/17 12:36 PM
12/30/17 12:36 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
I believe most, if not all, media outlets have some sort of bias, I'm not sure if there's a news station in the US that's truly non-partisan. I try to read different news angles to see how the different sides report on issues and see the story from all angles. That being said, Fox has always been the most biased news station and it's really not even close. CNN has its biases as well, especially since the recent election, but I feel like if you can't see the bias in one or either you're probably stuck in your own echo chamber, which is a problem I see more and more each day unfortunately. Nobody wants to understand the other side or even try, it's all extreme, blind partisanship and IMO that's disappointing since we're all supposed to be on the same side.

Last edited by RollinBones; 12/30/17 12:37 PM.
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925536
12/30/17 01:05 PM
12/30/17 01:05 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Has Fox News ever fabricated fictional stories about Obama or Clinton during their presidencies?

If so, then fair enough, but when you actually have CNN staffers admitting that they've been told to pursue fake stories about Trump to try and get him out of office...

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: CNN [Re: RollinBones] #925539
12/30/17 01:36 PM
12/30/17 01:36 PM
C
Ciment Online content
Ciment  Online Content
C

Originally Posted By: RollinBones
I believe most, if not all, media outlets have some sort of bias, I'm not sure if there's a news station in the US that's truly non-partisan. I try to read different news angles to see how the different sides report on issues and see the story from all angles. That being said, Fox has always been the most biased news station and it's really not even close. CNN has its biases as well, especially since the recent election, but I feel like if you can't see the bias in one or either you're probably stuck in your own echo chamber, which is a problem I see more and more each day unfortunately. Nobody wants to understand the other side or even try, it's all extreme, blind partisanship and IMO that's disappointing since we're all supposed to be on the same side.

I agree that that all networks are biased to a certain degree. But to say that FOX is the most biased is completely false. In a previous thread I mentioned people on FOX that are pro-Trump,and many others that are negative to Trump. FOX does hire democrats such as Chris Wallace, Shepard Smith, Geraldo Rivera, Marie Harf,Jaun Williams and more. So I do not understand how you would make such a statement.

Re: CNN [Re: Moe_Tilden] #925541
12/30/17 01:42 PM
12/30/17 01:42 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Has Fox News ever fabricated fictional stories about Obama or Clinton during their presidencies?

If so, then fair enough, but when you actually have CNN staffers admitting that they've been told to pursue fake stories about Trump to try and get him out of office...

Were you watching the station during those years? I know you're not American so I'm not trying to be rude when I say that, but this really isn't even a question. Like I said, they're all biased, but out of the major networks Fox News is the worst offender. CNN is getting worse since the election, but Fox has been at it forever. A quick Google will give you endless examples if you really want to see them.

Don't take this the wrong way either, because like I said something that has been exacerbated in the past couple years is once you tell someone something they don't agree with, they become unable to communicate with because they refuse to see anything from a different perspective. I believe this is due to the fact that you can spend all your time digesting only news you agree with and it's easy to get caught up in an echo chamber.

Have you been to America, Moe?

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925549
12/30/17 04:09 PM
12/30/17 04:09 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
My wife does not watch much news it is cooking shows and days of our lives when that show is on at noon during the week.

I watch fox and cnn, msnbc for like a half hour total then fall a sleep.

If it does not make sense don’t believe it. How is Isis doing since trump became president. How is your 401k doing since trump became president?

How is the employment situation for blacks and Hispanics since trump has been elected?

I watch a ton of old movies on tcm and on Amazon. I don’t know why but I watch dirty dancing once a week. Nobody keeps baby in the corner.

only the unloved hate
Re: CNN [Re: Footreads] #925557
12/30/17 05:44 PM
12/30/17 05:44 PM
C
Ciment Online content
Ciment  Online Content
C

Originally Posted By: Footreads
My wife does not watch much news it is cooking shows and days of our lives when that show is on at noon during the week.

I watch fox and cnn, msnbc for like a half hour total then fall a sleep.

If it does not make sense don’t believe it. How is Isis doing since trump became president. How is your 401k doing since trump became president?

How is the employment situation for blacks and Hispanics since trump has been elected?

I watch a ton of old movies on tcm and on Amazon. I don’t know why but I watch dirty dancing once a week. Nobody keeps baby in the corner.

Those are very good questions Footreads, unfortunately the leftist liberals will not find the answers on CNN,NBC and other leftist media they watch. They rather like to spent their time finding out how many scoops of ice cream, and diet coke Trump consumes.

Re: CNN [Re: Moe_Tilden] #925561
12/30/17 05:59 PM
12/30/17 05:59 PM
C
Ciment Online content
Ciment  Online Content
C

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Let us not forget the debate questions that were given to Hillary and CNN staffers celebrating Hillary winning the primaries. Correction, I shouldn't have used the word "winning", the word "stealing" would be more appropriate.

Re: CNN [Re: OakAsFan] #925562
12/30/17 06:31 PM
12/30/17 06:31 PM
D
dl Offline OP
Button
dl  Offline OP
D
Button
FoxNews is the highest rated cable news network, and they are an admitted propaganda outlet. Can't blame the other networks for following the leader.

I think the others can definitely be blamed. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I used to rely on CNN (about 30 years ago), but now I am skeptical about pretty much everything they say about Trump. I don't know if they tell outright lies, but they seem to be more than happy to promote an anti-Trump agenda. During the election (I know this is anecdotal) CNN was running about 3 neutral or positive stories about Clinton and 3 negative stories about Trump per day. They could have at least done a better job pretending to be objective.

I first noticed the bias on NPR right after the election. There was a report about the New Orleans crime rate. The report started with something like this (quoted text is how I remember it, the gist is correct even if the words are not exact): "The New Orleans crime rate is increasing. Contrary to what Trump said, its not the worst that it has ever been, but it is getting worse." Adding "Contrary to what Trump said" added nothing to the story. It was just a contribution to the Democratic candidate for 2020.

I don't look at Fox news as an example of unbiased news. I used to watch it but I have not seen it regularly for years. In any case, an executive having a political bias does not mean that the whole organization is biased. If that is the standard, then the text messages sent by Peter Strzok should be enough to implicate the entire group and not just Strzok.

Re: CNN [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #925563
12/30/17 07:20 PM
12/30/17 07:20 PM
D
dl Offline OP
Button
dl  Offline OP
D
Button
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
All news media outlets have some or little bias in them, but not at the levels CNN, NBC, and Fox news. That is why I have more trust in BBC and The Wall Street Journal.

BBC is my favorite. My commute is 3 hours each way. In the morning, about 1 1/2 hours of that is BBC and the rest is NPR. The BBC stories related to Trump are often negative, but for legitimate reasons. They aren't disguised campaigning like several of the other networks. Aside from that, they have some really good interviews (no holds barred). BBC is definitely different than the rest.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925569
12/30/17 10:19 PM
12/30/17 10:19 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Christ. There isn't even a discussion. Let's settle this.

CNN: "Thomas the Tank Engine and Paw Patrol are Facist"
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/12/22/cnn-thomas-tank-engine-paw-patrol-fascist-cartoons/

CNN: "It's a Wonderful Life is inherently Sexist - Let's ban it"
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...uld-be-retired/

CNN press release: "CNN has terminated its relationship with Kathy Griffin after the comedian posed for a photograph while holding a fake, bloodied decapitated head meant to resemble the head of President Donald Trump."

The Atlantic: "the solar eclipse is racist"
"https://www.dailywire.com/news/19956/atlantic-claims-mondays-solar-eclipse-racist-emily-zanotti

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925574
12/30/17 11:02 PM
12/30/17 11:02 PM
D
dl Offline OP
Button
dl  Offline OP
D
Button
The September 4 vs September 14 wikileaks email is indicative of the attitude at CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/politics/e...ents/index.html

The article corrections were CNN's acknowledgement of mistake. They didn't acknowledge that the mistakes would have been avoided if basic fact checking had been done.

CNN (and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a few other mainstream news organizations) couldn't be bothered to read the header of an email (it would have taken 30 seconds) to determine when it was sent. It takes less than a minute, but sometimes that is not necessary if it implicates a political opponent (my commentary of course, but I think its realistic). I bet (again, just my opinion, but its based on evidence) that if this email was attacking Obama, it would have been read carefully and rejected.

It only took a day or two to show that the whole story was not a story. In the meantime of course, the CNN pundits were just giddy over "proof" of collusion.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925623
12/31/17 02:42 PM
12/31/17 02:42 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
RollinBones, it's not a matter of media outlets having biases, it's a matter of a network CEO openly admitting to having a bias. This proves that the network they represent is propaganda. There is only one network that ever had such an executive or shareholder, and it's FoxNews.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: CNN [Re: Footreads] #925624
12/31/17 02:45 PM
12/31/17 02:45 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Footreads
I watch dirty dancing once a week. Nobody keeps baby in the corner.

This is why I love this site.

Re: CNN [Re: OakAsFan] #925629
12/31/17 03:32 PM
12/31/17 03:32 PM
D
dl Offline OP
Button
dl  Offline OP
D
Button
RollinBones, it's not a matter of media outlets having biases, it's a matter of a network CEO openly admitting to having a bias. This proves that the network they represent is propaganda. There is only one network that ever had such an executive or shareholder, and it's FoxNews.

A CEO or executive having a political opinion is not so important. Expressing it publicly, if its going to influence the way the network reports, is definitely a cause for concern. Actions, such as CNN not doing even basic fact checking (dates that would take 30 seconds to verify) and deliberately inflammatory headlines, are more indicative of the credibility of the network.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925632
12/31/17 06:23 PM
12/31/17 06:23 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
"The other side", FoxNews CEO Roger Ailes, of Democrats.

Case closed.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925633
12/31/17 06:44 PM
12/31/17 06:44 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
One thing all of the networks agreed on in 2016 was that Donald J. Trump won the presidential election. 2017 has been a great year for this beloved country and 2018 will be even better.

Re: CNN [Re: OakAsFan] #925634
12/31/17 06:51 PM
12/31/17 06:51 PM
C
Ciment Online content
Ciment  Online Content
C

Case closed.

http://progressive.network/2016/05/jeff-zucker-man-turned-cnn-clinton-news-network/

Jeff Zucker: The Man who Turned CNN into the Clinton News Network

"CNN is owned by Time Warner Cable. Of course, Time Warner is one of Hillary Clinton’s top ten donors, having contributed over one million dollars to make sure she is the democratic nominee through direct donations to the campaign and donations to her Super PACs. As the first two primary results showed, Time Warner could not buy the election with donations alone. Instead, they used Zucker as a puppet to make sure Hillary stayed in the spotlight and Bernie was kept out. Well, Zucker, the ruse is up. We know what you are up to. You have made a mockery of the news, turning what was once the gold standard of news coverage into little more than a farce that any educated viewer can clearly see through. Zucker, you have allowed the powerhouse of cable television news to turn into the Clinton News Network, nothing more than a puppet for the elite."

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925637
12/31/17 07:04 PM
12/31/17 07:04 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
More liberal media insanity: The top 100 racist things from 2017.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/22/tucker-carlson-shares-hilarious-list-of-100-racist-things/

1. Trees
8. Old Disney Movies
12. Milk
18. Science
29. Military Camaflouge
41. Lucky Charms cereal
49. Expecting people to show up on time.
64. Babies

Re: CNN [Re: OakAsFan] #925638
12/31/17 07:06 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo

As Disney just bought Fox, your in for some hyper liberal relief.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925639
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
To Oak and any other libtard, where would this country be if Hillary did win? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925647
12/31/17 08:15 PM
12/31/17 08:15 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Time Warner is a huge corporation, several shareholders. lol. Ailes was the CEO of FoxNews, and he made it clear that he considered the Democratic party to be "the other side". FoxNews was the only news network designed to be a political propaganda network. Those are the facts.

Re: CNN [Re: Flushing] #925648
12/31/17 08:32 PM
12/31/17 08:32 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Flushing

As Disney just bought Fox, your in for some hyper liberal relief.

You're not paying attention.

Rupert Murdoch still owns FoxNews. He sold off the entertainment assets, 21st century Fox, Hulu, etc, to Disney. He did this precisely so he could invest more into the news network, and even take control of local news stations across the country, to take advantage of new FCC rules.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull