GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 126 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,664
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mobsters come back after long sentences #924962
12/20/17 11:56 AM
12/20/17 11:56 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
What happen when a mobsters come back after a long sentence ? Madonna was made and climb the rank,peter limone becomed boss while long john martorano was killed 3 y after been released. So what would happen while Carneglia and Gene Gotti will go out ?

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #924969
12/20/17 02:46 PM
12/20/17 02:46 PM
B
Beenaround Offline
Capo
Beenaround  Offline
B
Capo
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
What happen when a mobsters come back after a long sentence ? Madonna was made and climb the rank,peter limone becomed boss while long john martorano was killed 3 y after been released. So what would happen while Carneglia and Gene Gotti will go out ?

Nothing..If they're smart they'd stay home. Nothing is the same, They're fish out of water.

Last edited by Beenaround; 12/20/17 02:46 PM.
Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: Beenaround] #924979
12/20/17 05:28 PM
12/20/17 05:28 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: Beenaround

Nothing..If they're smart they'd stay home. Nothing is the same, They're fish out of water.

So no prize for Gene Gotti that get 50 y cause his brother ? Limone was 65 y but returned to life even the 20 milions.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 12/20/17 05:29 PM.
Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #924995
12/20/17 08:08 PM
12/20/17 08:08 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
You get some envelopes which get you on your feet and a welcome home party. If you were well liked and considered reliable, some family members will plug you into some rackets they are working on, but you aren't entitled to much just based on time served.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925003
12/20/17 10:19 PM
12/20/17 10:19 PM
A
AllDay27 Offline
Capo
AllDay27  Offline
A
Capo
Originally Posted By: Beenaround

So no prize for Gene Gotti that get 50 y cause his brother ? Limone was 65 y but returned to life even the 20 milions.

Neutrally speaking, I'm not quite sure what you even imagine the "prize" may be. He's 72. You really think people are waiting to fall in line?

Frankly speaking, he got 50 years for dealing heroin behind everyones back, he did the 50 years. Nobody took it personally that he was trafficking, nobody came after him over it, most liked Gene and told him to lam when the sentencing came down. But he did the time he earned for something everyone would have told him not to do. Nobody is waiting to fall in line being a truck hijacking heroin dealer from the late 80's who never advanced his criminal enterprises past entry to mid-level scores outside of drugs.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925013
12/21/17 04:58 AM
12/21/17 04:58 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Allday27 what about madonna ? He was a drug dealer too but become acting boss of lucchese family and Peter limone that was a low level made man become the Patriarca boss.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925014
12/21/17 06:11 AM
12/21/17 06:11 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
And what about nicky corozzo ? Is he out already ?
Will he be back on the streets ?
I wonder if he wiil try to be in top positions in the family or just back to be capo at his crew...

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: MeyerLansky] #925015
12/21/17 06:34 AM
12/21/17 06:34 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky
And what about nicky corozzo ? Is he out already ?
Will he be back on the streets ?
I wonder if he wiil try to be in top positions in the family or just back to be capo at his crew...

Nope. He will wait until 2020. When he wIll be 80 years old.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925021
12/21/17 11:50 AM
12/21/17 11:50 AM
J
Jeremythejew Offline
Made Member
Jeremythejew  Offline
J
Made Member
few examples of ppl that got admin spots after prison terms:
- sonny franzese
- Rastelli
- Persico
- Galante (kind of)

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925150
12/23/17 04:44 PM
12/23/17 04:44 PM
A
AllDay27 Offline
Capo
AllDay27  Offline
A
Capo
I'd say in respect to Matty Madonna he seems to have been on a short list of independently important people in regards to trafficking. Gene ran heroin with the Ruggiero brothers, Madonna inherited his brother Frank's already functional drug empire and became the narcotics arm of the entire Lucchese Family. He was the sole source to Nicky Barnes who is credited with "introducing" heroin to Harlem.

While I agree that certain longtime prisoned members are key factors to certain families, I'm not sure the comparison to Madonna can be made to Gene Gotti. I don't think he is in line for any type of leadership role in any scenario. I feel the Gotti name is not a well reputed one (for the most part) and the idea that part of the Gambino family would be handed back to Gene after years of wrestling leadership away from the Gotti's isn't something in my estimation that seems logical when they can continue to shuffle leadership through this Zips and let the Sicilian faction control the family through guys like Cefalu and Cali. IMO.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: AllDay27] #925201
12/24/17 01:45 PM
12/24/17 01:45 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: AllDay27
I'd say in respect to Matty Madonna he seems to have been on a short list of independently important people in regards to trafficking. Gene ran heroin with the Ruggiero brothers, Madonna inherited his brother Frank's already functional drug empire and became the narcotics arm of the entire Lucchese Family. He was the sole source to Nicky Barnes who is credited with "introducing" heroin to Harlem.

While I agree that certain longtime prisoned members are key factors to certain families, I'm not sure the comparison to Madonna can be made to Gene Gotti. I don't think he is in line for any type of leadership role in any scenario. I feel the Gotti name is not a well reputed one (for the most part) and the idea that part of the Gambino family would be handed back to Gene after years of wrestling leadership away from the Gotti's isn't something in my estimation that seems logical when they can continue to shuffle leadership through this Zips and let the Sicilian faction control the family through guys like Cefalu and Cali. IMO.

What I wanted to say is that since many gangsters have lost years in jail without opening their mouths, I think that the new generations must at least recognize their sacrifice for the "family". Maybe at 72 years old Gene will only want to enjoy any money put aside, and anyway among all the Gottis Gene is the only that deserves respect.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: Jeremythejew] #925224
12/24/17 10:07 PM
12/24/17 10:07 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: Jeremythejew
few examples of ppl that got admin spots after prison terms:
- sonny franzese
- Rastelli
- Persico
- Galante (kind of)

All of u are reading too much into LCN myth/ well the good old days

The reality is nobody gives a shit if Gene has done X amount of yrs. yes they might show him some respect but it’s all to do with MONEY & if he steps on toes- there’ll be a problem

And believe me nobody enjoys having to share their money. Unless it’s guys that do kick up out of fear ie Galante came out after 20yrs and strongarmed his way into the rackets

Only reason he got away with it for some time was fear/ had nothing to do with how much time he did or how he kept his mouth shut

Now IF that does play a part- again it boils down to “how useful is this guy” perhaps Gene can be of use (when I say useful- what I mean is if he can make me money)

Rusty was only respected because he had guys on the streets who were still loyal to him

If Carmine Persico was released tomo, I’ve heard he has a lot of blood relatives on the streets. Therefore he’ll fit right in due to that connection

So it all boils down to- how much “connection” does Gene or anyone who comes out have with the streets

My bet is he’s been away so long he doesn’t even know most of the guys who were obviously babies at the time when Gene went away

And even if he does know them, how friendly was he with them/ loyal towards him?

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925225
12/24/17 10:34 PM
12/24/17 10:34 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
From what I understand obviously if a guy is a skipper or higher he most likely will have a acting overseeing his rackets . There for remaining respected.

But in the case the guy is a soldier or was a replaced skipper with inside knowledge of family rackets that some are in place for decades and the guy in the joint keeps his mouth shut weather from other families that could move in or L/E getting details about these big rackets then the family will keep there guys relevant or as you say respected,

Last edited by Serpiente; 12/24/17 10:35 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: Serpiente] #925234
12/25/17 06:21 AM
12/25/17 06:21 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
From what I understand obviously if a guy is a skipper or higher he most likely will have a acting overseeing his rackets . There for remaining respected.

But in the case the guy is a soldier or was a replaced skipper with inside knowledge of family rackets that some are in place for decades and the guy in the joint keeps his mouth shut weather from other families that could move in or L/E getting details about these big rackets then the family will keep there guys relevant or as you say respected,

Good point Serpiente. But for my curiosity why Peter Limone a low level soldier becamed boss after 33 y in prison ?

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925235
12/25/17 06:57 AM
12/25/17 06:57 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Because there’s simply not that many of them- they’re not a hire family in terms of numbers. and he maintained contact with the streets supposedly

Not to mention who knows, in this day and age who wants to be boss. That’s no. target for FBI

Everyone just wants to make their money and keep their heads down

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925238
12/25/17 10:58 AM
12/25/17 10:58 AM
A
AllDay27 Offline
Capo
AllDay27  Offline
A
Capo
Originally Posted By: AllDay27

What I wanted to say is that since many gangsters have lost years in jail without opening their mouths, I think that the new generations must at least recognize their sacrifice for the "family". Maybe at 72 years old Gene will only want to enjoy any money put aside, and anyway among all the Gottis Gene is the only that deserves respect.

I can't fathom what makes you think that. I understand the "concept" but you need to come to terms with the reality of much of what is being discussed. If you were 20-30 right now, what does "recognize the sacrifice for the Family" mean in honesty to you? I'm sure he'll get some handshakes and some empty baseless compliments. In that respect he'll have his ego stroked publicly at bars and restaurants, but as far as fall in line behind him criminally, I think the question in fairness is kind of laughable. He was a lower level guy in a well known crew 40 years ago, the crew is LONG gone, the power has shifted away from his former faction. Almost nobody he knew well is active, I think it's a safe assumption Gene Gotti is a non-factor to anyone he could have ever hurt. He kept his mouth shut the whole time, he poses no threat to anyone as far as information goes.

Food for thought on Peter Limone.... The FBI got caught pinning a murder on mobsters, that settlement was over $100M.... I think his chunk of that money, along with his age when released made him a power player. If Gene Gotti or Carmine Persico got out and wanted to sprinkle their $33M share of a $100M+ settlement around to younger mobsters or out on the street, I'm sure they too would be assigned a designation and made to seem upper echelon when it's quite possible Limone could have been a glorified bank in those last years used mostly for the liquidity he offered.

Last edited by AllDay27; 12/25/17 11:00 AM.
Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925254
12/25/17 03:17 PM
12/25/17 03:17 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Allday27 I think that if you dont get respect or had done 20-30 y so why do it ? Ronnie Trucchio get life why he dont flipped ? For the honour? Maybe gene gotti thinked that one of his brothers would live until he would come out and for sure junior would had some $$$ for the uncle. I dont think that the patriarcas used limone as a bank;he get 20 milions but turned back to life maybe he done what ligambi did for the philly mob.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925270
12/25/17 10:12 PM
12/25/17 10:12 PM
B
Biggie Offline
Capo
Biggie  Offline
B
Capo
Furious, enough with this turned back to the life shit on limone,what evidence that u have on that, a bullshit state bookmaking case that a zillion people are mentioned in? Boss? I guess, what that meant , I never believed in it, and I’m here bud, boots on the ground..respected ya when he came home very, did 33 unfair years and did his time well, so he was respected..then..As time wore on...illl leave it at that...but as far as getting back into life, as u say, he wasn’t sitting directing shake downs and setting policy or anything..sure he sipped espressos with his own personal friends, occasionally a wise guy or two, but show me evidence that it was more than that, tell me incidences ..cuz I’ll tell u other guys did a ton of time too, and they didn’t have the pot of gold at end of their rainbow, so if u think those men were kicking up to boss peter u r sadly romantically mistaken it to be like the movies, didn’t happen

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: Biggie] #925276
12/26/17 06:51 AM
12/26/17 06:51 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: Biggie
Furious, enough with this turned back to the life shit on limone,what evidence that u have on that, a bullshit state bookmaking case that a zillion people are mentioned in? Boss? I guess, what that meant , I never believed in it, and I’m here bud, boots on the ground..respected ya when he came home very, did 33 unfair years and did his time well, so he was respected..then..As time wore on...illl leave it at that...but as far as getting back into life, as u say, he wasn’t sitting directing shake downs and setting policy or anything..sure he sipped espressos with his own personal friends, occasionally a wise guy or two, but show me evidence that it was more than that, tell me incidences ..cuz I’ll tell u other guys did a ton of time too, and they didn’t have the pot of gold at end of their rainbow, so if u think those men were kicking up to boss peter u r sadly romantically mistaken it to be like the movies, didn’t happen

http://gangsterreport.com/crazy-like-a-f...ses-away-at-83/

Maybe he wasn’t so crazy after all. New England mafia don Peter (The Crazy Horse) Limone died early this week of cancer at 83, having successfully avoided going back to prison after being sprung nearly two decades ago following serving over 30 years on a wrongful murder conviction and allegedly jumping back into Patriarca crime family affairs with both feet. Hailing from the crime family’s Boston faction, Limone reportedly was named consigliere of the Patriarca clan in 2002 and bumped up to the boss’ chair in 2009.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925306
12/27/17 01:08 AM
12/27/17 01:08 AM
B
Biggie Offline
Capo
Biggie  Offline
B
Capo
Reportedly..in an Internet blog..good evidence..I don’t even know why I bother. U win

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925308
12/27/17 03:21 AM
12/27/17 03:21 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
As far as Gene Gotti is concerned he still has two brothers who are members of the gambino family. Also his two nephews are associates. Some of the old Gotti crew are still active/semi active too like Tommy Cacciopoli, Jackie D'Amico and Lenny DiMaria, not to mention all the guys that were made by Gotti. He could do like Limone did:

"In that time, prosecutors said, Limone returned to the same neighborhood and met with some of the same people he knew when he was rising through the ranks of La Cosa Nostra. He was regularly seen at a butcher shop and a coffee shop in the North End, receiving visits from convicted members of the Mafia, according to court records."
http://archive.boston.com/news/local/mas..._prison/?page=2

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: Biggie] #925309
12/27/17 03:23 AM
12/27/17 03:23 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Reportedly..in an Internet blog..good evidence..I don’t even know why I bother. U win

Yet a year after his legal victory, Mr. Limone was back in court facing charges that he operated a ring that raked in hundreds of thousands of dollars in gambling profits.

Stephen Johnson, a retired Massachusetts State Police detective lieutenant, said Mr. Limone was alleged to be the acting boss of the New England Mafia in 2008 when he and another trooper approached him at a charity event with a warrant that allowed them to search him and his Medford home for possible evidence of gambling, loan sharking, and extortion.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostong...80cKVP/amp.html

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: Ted] #925312
12/27/17 03:45 AM
12/27/17 03:45 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
So gene could be the boss ?? How the sicilian faction will let this happen ?
The gambinos already have cali as boss

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925313
12/27/17 03:53 AM
12/27/17 03:53 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
I don't think that's what anyone is arguing. New England is a smaller family whose leaders were all in jail when alimony became acting boss. The Gambinos have a stable administration their top guys all on the street.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: Biggie] #925316
12/27/17 06:52 AM
12/27/17 06:52 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy

Sogenius who was the boss from 2009 until Dinunzio was released from prison?

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925325
12/27/17 09:38 AM
12/27/17 09:38 AM
B
Biggie Offline
Capo
Biggie  Offline
B
Capo
Your sister was boss that's who...u don't get the dynamic up here ..its over..there is no structure, hasn't been, there certainly wasn't then ..no way in hell the other guys who did a zillion years were going on Peters direction as boss..respect, yes , but as underlining no..u said he got involved in the raclets.and ither than an extremely minor gaming case , it's all talk , nothing else ..

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: Biggie] #925327
12/27/17 09:55 AM
12/27/17 09:55 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Your sister was boss that's who...u don't get the dynamic up here ..its over..there is no structure, hasn't been, there certainly wasn't then ..no way in hell the other guys who did a zillion years were going on Peters direction as boss..respect, yes , but as underlining no..u said he got involved in the raclets.and ither than an extremely minor gaming case , it's all talk , nothing else ..

Oh, I believe was that cocksucker of your mother, Biggie.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925328
12/27/17 10:48 AM
12/27/17 10:48 AM
B
Biggie Offline
Capo
Biggie  Offline
B
Capo
good one furio, u win again

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925358
12/28/17 07:28 AM
12/28/17 07:28 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences [Re: furio_from_naples] #925374
12/28/17 12:24 PM
12/28/17 12:24 PM
B
Biggie Offline
Capo
Biggie  Offline
B
Capo
great chart..must be accurate...Charles spagnolo says it all..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull