GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Lou_Para, U talkin' da me ??, 1 invisible), 287 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,917
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,332
Posts1,058,798
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Military OC? #924280
12/07/17 09:06 AM
12/07/17 09:06 AM
I
Immortale Offline OP
Wiseguy
Immortale  Offline OP
I
Wiseguy
Hello there,

This might be a rather unorthodox question/discussion but as I assume there are Americans here with more knowledge on the subject than me I decided to ask here;
Militia's(patriot movements) are an interesting subject to me as in many American states they are constitutionally legal, but many of the people involved with these movements end up indicted.

Recently I read the following article: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/18/arizona-militia-men-drug-plot-smugglers-fbi
The guy was set up by the FBI into stealing a stash of coke from a cartel.

My question is if there are OC schemes surrounding militia's in the united states, how do certain members make money and keep these movements running?

Re: Military OC? [Re: Immortale] #924283
12/07/17 11:49 AM
12/07/17 11:49 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
This is a really good question. Has OC every dealt with militias selling them weapons, drugs, or using them to deal in contraband, etc.?

Re: Military OC? [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #924626
12/13/17 05:51 AM
12/13/17 05:51 AM
I
Immortale Offline OP
Wiseguy
Immortale  Offline OP
I
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
This is a really good question. Has OC every dealt with militias selling them weapons, drugs, or using them to deal in contraband, etc.?

I wonder too, is there anyone here with knowledge on the subject?

Re: Military OC? [Re: Immortale] #924929
12/19/17 06:59 AM
12/19/17 06:59 AM
I
Immortale Offline OP
Wiseguy
Immortale  Offline OP
I
Wiseguy
Anyone with knowledge?

Re: Military OC? [Re: Immortale] #924941
12/19/17 12:45 PM
12/19/17 12:45 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Military or militias? Thread title says military but the opening comment seems to ask about militias. Regarding the military, it was ripe for corruption under Donald Rumsfeld. The private contracting went to Dick Cheney's mob and other corporate thieves in the oil and energy industries. Recruitment numbers were pathetic during the Iraq war. Seems with all of the support for the war and all of the faux patriotism, nobody wanted to actually go and fight in it. Go figure. They didn't want to impose a draft, figuring it would doom Bush's reelection, so they instead decreased the recruitment requirements. The military began recruiting people with criminal records, and people on gang files in their local law enforcement jurisdictions. Not sure if any mafia members or associates ended up serving, but the time was certainly ripe, because nobody was looking. They wanted recruitment numbers, and they didn't care how they got them. Naturally, several criminal operations took place within the military ranks during this time, from stealing weapons and supplying gangs with them, to drug dealing right on bases. There was also a drastic increase of known white supremacists in the military ranks in this time. Basically, Donald Rumsfeld turned our armed forces into an extension of the prison system. They recruited from the same pool. There's a book called "Irregular Army" that goes further into this.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 12/19/17 12:49 PM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Military OC? [Re: Immortale] #924942
12/19/17 01:12 PM
12/19/17 01:12 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Thanks Oak!

Re: Military OC? [Re: OakAsFan] #925314
12/27/17 04:13 AM
12/27/17 04:13 AM
I
Immortale Offline OP
Wiseguy
Immortale  Offline OP
I
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Military or militias? Thread title says military but the opening comment seems to ask about militias. Regarding the military, it was ripe for corruption under Donald Rumsfeld. The private contracting went to Dick Cheney's mob and other corporate thieves in the oil and energy industries. Recruitment numbers were pathetic during the Iraq war. Seems with all of the support for the war and all of the faux patriotism, nobody wanted to actually go and fight in it. Go figure. They didn't want to impose a draft, figuring it would doom Bush's reelection, so they instead decreased the recruitment requirements. The military began recruiting people with criminal records, and people on gang files in their local law enforcement jurisdictions. Not sure if any mafia members or associates ended up serving, but the time was certainly ripe, because nobody was looking. They wanted recruitment numbers, and they didn't care how they got them. Naturally, several criminal operations took place within the military ranks during this time, from stealing weapons and supplying gangs with them, to drug dealing right on bases. There was also a drastic increase of known white supremacists in the military ranks in this time. Basically, Donald Rumsfeld turned our armed forces into an extension of the prison system. They recruited from the same pool. There's a book called "Irregular Army" that goes further into this.

Althought I did mean militia's, as in; Amateur organizations usually made up of veterans. The info you provided was interesting nonetheless. Thanks!

Re: Military OC? [Re: Immortale] #926605
01/11/18 11:43 AM
01/11/18 11:43 AM
I
Immortale Offline OP
Wiseguy
Immortale  Offline OP
I
Wiseguy
Sorry for all the bumps but I'm really interested as to if there's someone with knowledge about the subject here. As this community draws some of the most well read people about aspects of crime.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull