GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 352 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,309
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. #923564
11/21/17 08:57 PM
11/21/17 08:57 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Michael, not Sonny...

Yesterday. Nothing new, just the typical Franzese interview. Still worth a listen, though.

Link:

http://jimrome.com/audio/the-jim-rome-podcast/

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923567
11/21/17 09:27 PM
11/21/17 09:27 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Now he thinks Livia Soprano might be based on his mom. Not sure if he's told that one before.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923579
11/22/17 02:18 AM
11/22/17 02:18 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Michael, not Sonny...

Yesterday. Nothing new, just the typical Franzese interview. Still worth a listen, though.

Link:

http://jimrome.com/audio/the-jim-rome-podcast/
If his wife Cammy (circa 1980s90s) was part of that Omaha steaks commercial,I'm in!..no seriously though, thanx Oak,was worth the listen,& I didn't have to wear my glasses!

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923603
11/22/17 01:54 PM
11/22/17 01:54 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
I know that Franzese's story can sound repetitive to a lot of us BUT,if 1 person can learn from Michael's mistakes, then keep on talking Michael!

Each One, Teach One!

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923610
11/22/17 03:16 PM
11/22/17 03:16 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
He's an intelligent guy and really knows how to explain things in detail while also getting to the point. He's not a boring interview, that's for sure. Says he still thinks college players are throwing games. Says a lot of them are into high stakes poker and getting themselves into trouble.

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923637
11/22/17 10:59 PM
11/22/17 10:59 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
I've listened to Michael Franzese tell his story dozens of times but never heard him be quite that honest when asked if he was asked to kill someone.

He's always kind of danced around it and basically said "in that life when you're told to do something you have to do it" kind of answer.

I thought his answer this time was a little more upfront and truthful toward the end of talking about that.

Last edited by Michael_Giovanni; 11/22/17 11:02 PM.
Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923639
11/22/17 11:50 PM
11/22/17 11:50 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

His father made a lot with 'deep throat' i think and still alive.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923652
11/23/17 08:29 AM
11/23/17 08:29 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
What a liar this guy is. Here is an article were he admits that he ratted. Check out the last 4 paragraphs:
Archives
Crime Figure Testifies to Link With Sports Agent
By STEVE FIFFER, Special to the New York Times
Published: March 15, 1989

In a case involving Federal racketeering charges against sports agents, a jury heard testimony today from a man who described himself as a member of the Colombo crime family and said he was a silent partner in the sports-agency business of Norby Walters.

Mr. Walters and Lloyd Bloom, another agent, are standing trial on racketeering and mail-fraud charges in connection with representation of several athletes who were signed to contracts before their college eligibility expired.

The Government, in a case expected to provide a window onto abuses of big-time sports in higher education, contends that the signings and the loaning of money to the athletes by Mr. Walters and Mr. Bloom rendered the athletes ineligible and thus defrauded several universities of the scholarships they had awarded the athletes.

Today's witness in the case, where the charges are similar to those applied to Wall Street wheeling and dealing and to organized crime, was Michael Franzese, who said he was a captain in the Colombo organization.

Testifying under a grant of immunity before a packed courtroom, the dapper Mr. Franzese, who is serving a 10-year Federal sentence on racketeering and tax-evasion charges and a concurrent nine-year Florida sentence for racketeering, said that as a silent partner, he pressured no athletes for Mr. Walters, who is a lifelong friends. He explained that he and Mr. Walters had long been associated in the music business, in which Mr. Walters was a prominent booking agent, with such clients as the singer Dionne Warwick.

Mr. Franzese, who is 37 years old, indicated that his father, John (Sonny) Franzese, who is also reputed to be a member of the Colombo crime family and has also served time in prison, was also one of Mr. Walters's associates in the music business.

Under questioning by the prosecutor, Anton Valukas, Mr. Franzese said sitated that in late 1984, he met Mr. Walters, at the agent's request, in the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel in California.

At that time, Mr. Franzese said, Mr. Walters indicated that he wanted to duplicate his success in representing black entertainers by representing top black college athletes when they entered the National Football League.

''He asked me to participate in some way, and I told him I'd be interested,'' Mr. Franzese said. 'Using Cash'

The two met again early in 1985, at Mr. Walters's Manhattan office, and at that time, Mr. Franzese said, Mr. Walters told Mr. Franzese ''he would be using cash to sign athletes.'' Mr. Franzese said he agreed to provide Mr. Walters $50,000 in return for a 25 percent interest in the new sports agency.

At a third meeting, in July 1985, Mr. Franzese said, his brother-in-law, Dino Garcia, handed Mr. Walters a brown paper bag containing $50,000 in cash, in Mr. Franzese's presence. The money was from Mr. Franzese, who explained to the court that because of the nature of his business, he did not like to carry money himself.

Mr. Franzese said his role in the agency was not to be limited to that of investor. ''I was to continue to perform the same services I always provided for him,'' Mr. Franzese said, referring to Mr. Walters.

Those duties, in light of Mr. Franzese's testimony, apparently included trying to persuade recalcitrant business associates and would-be business associates of Mr. Walters to agree to the agent's business propositions.

Mr. Franzese testified that on several occasions he paid calls to such associates with Mr. Walters, and that he believed these individuals knew of his organized-crime ties. In 1981, when the singer Michael Jackson and his brothers were considering a national tour, Mr. Franzese, at Mr. Walters's request, talked to the Jacksons' manager.

''I explained that if Norby wasn't involved with the tour in some manner, then there might not be a tour,'' Mr. Franzese said. The tour eventually proceeded without the agent's involvement.

Mr. Franzese was apparently more successful in 1982 in representing Mr. Walters's interests to Ms. Warwick's manager. The manager had indicated his desire to terminate Mr. Walters as the singer's booking agent, but after Mr. Franzese spoke on the agent's behalf, Mr. Walters continued in his role.

Under cross-examination by attorneys for Mr. Walters and Mr. Bloom, Mr. Franzese, who was indicted in 1985 on 14 counts including racketeering, counterfeiting, extortion and tax evasion and pleaded guilty to two of the counts in 1986, said that he never exerted pressure on any of the athletes with whom the agents had been dealing.

The Government contends that while Mr. Franzese might not have had direct contact with the athletes, Mr. Walters invoked Mr. Franzese's name in threatening the athletes when they indicated they wished to terminate their agreements with the agents.

Under cross-examination by Mr. Walters's attorney, Robert Gold, who tried to challenge Mr. Franzese's credibility, Mr. Franzese admitted that he became a Federal informer in February 1986 and that his sentencing in connection with the charges for which he pleaded guilty was contingent upon his cooperation with the Government in several investigations.

He stated that he had informed the Government of meetings at which Carmine Persico and top leaders of New York's five organized-crime families discussed taking retaliatory measures against Federal agents.

Mr. Franzese admitted to Mr. Gold that he lied at a Federal detention hearing and also lied in a deposition given to the Government in April 1986, when he did not mention his holdings in Mr. Walters's sports agency. ''At that time, being a member of a organized-crime family did not allow me to tell the truth,'' he explained.

The trial will resume Wednesday. Maurice Douglas, a defensive back for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League, who is one of the athletes whom Walters is alleged to have threatened by invoking Franzese's name, is expected to testify for the Government.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/15/sports/crime-figure-testifies-to-link-with-sports-agent.html

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923659
11/23/17 03:24 PM
11/23/17 03:24 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
MG, I noticed that in the Rome interview, too. When he was asked if he killed, he danced around it. I don't think he did. I think he wants people to think he did, to add to his credibility, but obviously if he were to say he did it could open up a can of worms legally.

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923660
11/23/17 03:27 PM
11/23/17 03:27 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Good work, Beanshooter.

I've been following Franzese on twitter, and I don't think he cares if those in the know have it on authority that he informed. He seems to be taking up Republican politics these days, targeting the Christian conservative market. He knows they really don't care either way if he informed. If he just keeps saying he's "not a snitch", however, it makes him sound credible. He's campaigning to be the media's resident reformed wiseguy.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 11/23/17 03:28 PM.

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923667
11/23/17 06:09 PM
11/23/17 06:09 PM
R
Reverend Offline
Button
Reverend  Offline
R
Button
I'm sure he's at least took part in some murders.With Carmine as boss and Sonny as his dad It seems like he may have to prove himself.
Ive heard he was respected and to be respected you have to earn it,even with who his dad is.
He did bring in a shit load of $ but I don't think that alone would've got him made maybe now but not in the 70s.
I wonder if he's ever told the fbi the truth about murders?

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923677
11/23/17 09:49 PM
11/23/17 09:49 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
I don't think he killed or was part of any hit because he was such a big earner. They just kept him out there making money the last thing they needed is having caught up in a murder rap.

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923697
11/24/17 12:31 PM
11/24/17 12:31 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
From Michael's twitter.

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923723
11/24/17 09:01 PM
11/24/17 09:01 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

So he was only 36 when he flipped. He must have gave them aton of info and held back a ton in early 86 that before vincent cafaro flipped or any of the philly guys. I wonder why they exposed him instead of letting him off with a little time and keeping him as a undercover snitch. Like greg scarpa. I bet aton of shit michael told the feds in the 80tys they agents said it came from scarpa to protect him untill it came out he flipped.

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923736
11/25/17 07:30 AM
11/25/17 07:30 AM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
From Michael's twitter.

WOW!.... Great to see Michael and his dad together.
I wrote an email to Michael, asking him a question on how to accomplish a specific goal.
Well, I believed that he was too busy to even read or respond to my email.

What happened? Michael responded within 12 hours, offering me guidance on how to accomplish what I thought he could help with.

I don't want to get specific with what the topic of conversation was about because I want to respect the fact that Michael 's email was written specifically to me.....Someday, I may reveal the contents.

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923743
11/25/17 09:33 AM
11/25/17 09:33 AM
S
SimonChen Offline
Capo
SimonChen  Offline
S
Capo
Micheal isnt a typical Italian name, right?

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923744
11/25/17 10:34 AM
11/25/17 10:34 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Why wouldn't it be?

Michele is a common enough name in Italy.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: Moe_Tilden] #923745
11/25/17 10:42 AM
11/25/17 10:42 AM
S
SimonChen Offline
Capo
SimonChen  Offline
S
Capo
Heard somewhere that Micheal was an English name and Mario Puzo just name Micheal Corleone that way to show his difference with his family tradition. This might be wrong and I dont know much about Italian names thats why Im asking.

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923753
11/25/17 02:23 PM
11/25/17 02:23 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
There seem to be plenty Mike's. Those that were named Michele went by Mike here in the States.

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: OakAsFan] #923834
11/27/17 02:58 PM
11/27/17 02:58 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Michele 'Big Mike' Miranda may be the most well known gangster with that name.

Re: Franzese on Jim Rome podcast. [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #923842
11/27/17 05:03 PM
11/27/17 05:03 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: Michael_Giovanni
Michele 'Big Mike' Miranda may be the most well known gangster with that name.

Michael "Mike" Ciancaglini.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull