GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, 1 invisible), 299 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,163
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71687
08/18/04 01:02 PM
08/18/04 01:02 PM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Krlea:
[quote]Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
[b] Do people that haven't seen "Starsky and Hutch" get on movie messageboards to argue about crime and punishment? Do people that haven't seen "50 First Dates" get on messageboards to argue about dating?
I get your point, but this wasn't the best way to make it. Heck yeah, I can argue about dating even though I haven't (I have by the way) seen 50 First Dates. Everyone has the right to their opinion. Besides I think the majority of America is sick to death of Farenheit 9-11 scenes playing over and over on t.v. This is one film that you do not need to spend $8 on to have an opinion. [/b][/quote]Of course everyone has a right to their opinion. My point was simply that it is off-topic to discuss dating or Christianity in general if the forum is about "50 First Dates" or the "Passion" in particular. It is easy enough to start new topics about dating or Christianity or politics in general without wasting the time of people who want to focus on the films.

"A refusal is not the act of a friend"
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71688
08/18/04 11:55 PM
08/18/04 11:55 PM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
This thread is heading toward plain name-calling. I think I've already cleared up questions about a movie, but it's supporters seem to have perfected dodging direct questions and filling their responses with pointless rhetoric.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but it becomes a problem when people start spinning the truth, or saying that someone else is lying just because they don't agree with it. It'd be alright if someone said, "I know Fahrenheit 9/11 is a propaganda film and completely inaccurate, and Moore is a lying ass. But I like it, support it, and am entertained by it." But that never happens.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71689
08/19/04 04:34 AM
08/19/04 04:34 AM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
If you guys want some Moore that we can all probly agree on, then you should get his tv show on dvd called the awful truth.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71690
09/05/04 12:58 AM
09/05/04 12:58 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Ok, call me a "big fat instigator", but I heard this on "Extra" tonight, yet haven't been able to find anything else to verify how "true" it is. And..it appropriate to post in this thread.

I guess I am just still amazed on how hated MM is and how this film gets everyone's tempers flaring when 99 percent of the people here haven't seen it.

Pat & Irishman...listen up

Michael Moore is trying to get a tv network (don't know which) to broadcast F-911 on tv the day before the election. The report said that if it was broadcast on tv, and if it was considered an oscar contender, it would be disqualified (don't know the specific reasons) and he would have to forfeit any awards he may have gotten for the film be. MM says he is perfectly willing to do that.

Now, don't jump on me, I am just reporting what I heard.

Your thoughts!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71691
09/05/04 01:03 AM
09/05/04 01:03 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I understand his passion to broadcast the movie in time for election. However I think he has done a good job already by releasing the movie in June this summer & then the DVD/video in October. I would like to see him win another Oscar instead of forfeiting it.

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71692
09/05/04 01:26 AM
09/05/04 01:26 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Listen to the Michael Reagan Radio show and you will understand why Bush sat there for the whole "7 minutes" Bush is not in control of his actions the secret service is. With the nation under attack they are not moving the President unless they know every inch of land that he is walking on or around is going to be 100% safe. The movie is full of "actual events" but just not in the proper timeframe. When Bush was playing golf he was talking about the attacks in Israel I believe and nothing to do with the WTC.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71693
09/05/04 01:32 AM
09/05/04 01:32 AM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Please, Bush is mocked by Moore for doing nothing for seven minutes, if Bush left to get on Air Force One Moore would then accuse him of being a cowboy.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71694
09/05/04 01:39 AM
09/05/04 01:39 AM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline OP
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline OP
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
Playing golf, enjoying it with the kids while the Twin Towers in NYC are falling down. He might've been having so much fun at his ranch in Texas while the WTC were being attacked. Running so much fuck*** money with the fucken Saudis, who would put up any hard work to improve a nation?
As others have stated about this topic, it's beaten to a dead horse, and it's a spin, no doubt.

But my question throughout the whole thing is this: Why is it ABHORRENT for President Bush to be playing golf, but it is OKEY-DOKIE for President Clinton to be receiving blowjobs in the Oval Office? :rolleyes: :p [/b][/quote]"Even though he's on vacations, he'll still be working for a stronger AMERICA".

[/b][/quote]President Bush works on his vacations, as most Presidents do. However, if you want to get into bullshit, let's talk about congressional breaks and lame duck sessions. :rolleyes:

HAhahaha What bullshit? What do you have to say about Michael Moore? How about we talk about the winner of oscar “Bowling for Columbine”. Ehm some people naming him as one of the greatest directors of the history in the Cinema is ok to me. I'm sure he dedicated this movie to the Iraqi people and all of those who suffer because of US imperialism; plus may I emphasize the fact that millions of his compatriots, americans themselves, share the exact same opinion as him. A movie that makes fun of Bush.

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71695
09/05/04 10:31 AM
09/05/04 10:31 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
...When Bush was playing golf he was talking about the attacks in Israel I believe and nothing to do with the WTC.
I have to disagree. Bush said nothing about Israel OR the attacks on 9/11. He just said that, "We are attacking terrorism with force. Now watch this fairway." :p -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71696
09/05/04 10:36 AM
09/05/04 10:36 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:

Michael Moore is trying to get a tv network (don't know which) to broadcast F-911 on tv the day before the election. The report said that if it was broadcast on tv, and if it was considered an oscar contender, it would be disqualified (don't know the specific reasons) and he would have to forfeit any awards he may have gotten for the film be. MM says he is perfectly willing to do that.
That is true. He would be disqualified. F 9/11 already played on a TV station in Cuba last month, but the Oscar committee found out that it was play illegally, or he would've been disqualified. If Michael Moore DOES get this movie to play on TV before the election, it will really be a slap to the face for the people who say Moore is in it for the Oscars and money. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71697
09/05/04 11:39 AM
09/05/04 11:39 AM
Ireland
goddaughter Offline
Capo
goddaughter  Offline
Capo
Ireland
Are there any Democrats on this Board?
You all seem so devoted to your beloved Bush!
I have seen and enjoyed Bowling For Columbine and Farenheit 9/11 but neither I nor anybody I know accepts everthing Moore says as fact as his films and opinions are so blatently biased and exaggerated. And yet so many Americans are outraged by Moore's films.
Any Taoisech (Prime Minister) in Irish history could be slated and mocked in a similar fashion and would find few followers as adamant as Bush's in defending every petty criticism he receives in the press and rejecting any suggestions that Bush is anything but a perfect being!
Perhaps you have all succumbed to Republican/Bush propaganda!

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis.

"We're all gonna be three little Fonzies - and what was Fonzie?!", "Cool?", "Correct-a-mundo!"

- Jules and Yolanda, Pulp Fiction
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71698
09/05/04 11:43 AM
09/05/04 11:43 AM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Quote:
Originally posted by goddaughter:
Are there any Democrats on this Board?
... yes.. there are. But when they give their political views, people jump down their throats. But if you look, you can find them. :p

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71700
09/05/04 04:48 PM
09/05/04 04:48 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Partagas:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b]...When Bush was playing golf he was talking about the attacks in Israel I believe and nothing to do with the WTC.
I have to disagree. Bush said nothing about Israel OR the attacks on 9/11. He just said that, "We are attacking terrorism with force. Now watch this fairway." :p -Pat [/b][/quote]Correct Pat! In Fahrenheit 9/11, Bush does not say anything about Israel in the quote referred. However, he also never mentions anything regarding WTC, al Qaeda, etc... It is just another brilliant example of Mr. Moore taking something out of context. A check of the raw tape reveals the President is talking about an attack against Israel, carried out by a Palestinian suicide bomber. [/b][/quote]OK? But Moore doesn't hint what it's about. Someone asks what the current status is on terrorism, then he replies with that answer. -Pat

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71702
09/05/04 05:08 PM
09/05/04 05:08 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
[b]
quote:
quote:
Playing golf, enjoying it with the kids while the Twin Towers in NYC are falling down. He might've been having so much fun at his ranch in Texas while the WTC were being attacked. Running so much fuck*** money with the fucken Saudis, who would put up any hard work to improve a nation?
As others have stated about this topic, it's beaten to a dead horse, and it's a spin, no doubt.

But my question throughout the whole thing is this: Why is it ABHORRENT for President Bush to be playing golf, but it is OKEY-DOKIE for President Clinton to be receiving blowjobs in the Oval Office? :rolleyes: :p [/b][/quote]"Even though he's on vacations, he'll still be working for a stronger AMERICA".

[/b][/quote]President Bush works on his vacations, as most Presidents do. However, if you want to get into bullshit, let's talk about congressional breaks and lame duck sessions. :rolleyes:

HAhahaha What bullshit? What do you have to say about Michael Moore? How about we talk about the winner of oscar “Bowling for Columbine”. Ehm some people naming him as one of the greatest directors of the history in the Cinema is ok to me. I'm sure he dedicated this movie to the Iraqi people and all of those who suffer because of US imperialism; plus may I emphasize the fact that millions of his compatriots, americans themselves, share the exact same opinion as him. A movie that makes fun of Bush.

The "bullshit" I was referring to was the vacation time. Of course, you could have read my post and understood that.

Millions of his "compatriots" also disagree with him. And how about the people who are free and live better because of American "imperialism."

Forgive me if I think the world would be in some serious shit without the USA. Let's go back to Europe circa Chamberlain-era Britain, eh? Except replace Hitler with Islamic Terrorists.

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71703
09/05/04 05:28 PM
09/05/04 05:28 PM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline OP
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline OP
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:
quote:

The "bullshit" I was referring to was the vacation time. Of course, you could have read my post and understood that.

Millions of his "compatriots" also disagree with him. And how about the people who are free and live better because of American "imperialism."

Forgive me if I think the world would be in some serious shit without the USA. Let's go back to Europe circa Chamberlain-era Britain, eh? Except replace Hitler with Islamic Terrorists.

Definately. USA is still a powerful country, not only because of its military power but, with the most important value, the power. So was Germany with Hitler. They loved him anyways. And who knows how the world would be without USA. Russia used to be one of the most powerful nations in the world years ago, and now they are shit. :rolleyes:

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71704
09/05/04 06:21 PM
09/05/04 06:21 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b]
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Russia used to be one of the most powerful nations in the world years ago, and now they are shit. :rolleyes:
That's because they were communists.

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71705
09/06/04 12:41 AM
09/06/04 12:41 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Director Michael Moore has offered to take US Senator John McCain to see Fahrenheit 9/11, after the politician slammed his controversial film. At the Republican National Convention on Monday, guest speaker McCain prompted boos against Moore after denouncing the documentary, which attacked American President George W. Bush's handling of the September 11 terrorist attacks. McCain called Moore - who was covering the event at New York's Madison Square Garden for newspaper USA Today - "a disingenuous film-maker who would have us believe that Saddam (Hussein)'s Iraq was an oasis of peace". And Moore made an appearance on comedian David Letterman's chat show Wednesday night, where he encountered more boos - coupled with cheers - and offered to take McCain to the cinema. Moore told Letterman, "He hasn't seen it yet. I'll take him to the movies while he's here in New York. It's just playing down the street and if he doesn't like it, afterwards I'll let him pummel me like you suggested!" McCain, a booked guest on the show, later shot back, "I admire his skills as a movie maker and certainly admire his success at making money. Seems like he could afford a shave and a haircut!"

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71706
09/07/04 11:09 PM
09/07/04 11:09 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Ooh...MM really showed John McCain...yeah. :rolleyes:

Somehow a real war hero like McCain, a POW, looms in comparison to a guy who should have been the main character in the "Super Size Me" film, or perhaps the next Ruben impersonator on Survivor.

Oops, we can't attack anyone. It's dirty pool.

I guess all I can do is say he is "unfit to be a filmmaker."

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71707
09/07/04 11:14 PM
09/07/04 11:14 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:

I guess all I can do is say he is "unfit to be a filmmaker."
Now you're getting better at it.

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71708
09/08/04 01:54 PM
09/08/04 01:54 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

I guess you missed the sarcasm of my last post.

Apparently calling someone unfit for command is a dirty, dirty insult, or at least that's what John Kerry thinks.

[/sarcasm]

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71709
09/08/04 11:40 PM
09/08/04 11:40 PM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
Patrick, I don't understand your support of Moore. Earlier, I outlined Moore's entire film and proved it to be a propaganda film, taking everything out of context, and revealing it to be full of sh*t. I can get into other Moore sh*t, or his last film. I would like to debate you about this guy.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71710
09/09/04 04:24 PM
09/09/04 04:24 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
Earlier, I outlined Moore's entire film and proved it to be a propaganda film, taking everything out of context, and revealing it to be full of sh*t.
Almost all of Sergei Eisenstein's films were nothing more than propaganda, his most noted being Battleship Potemkin; funny how he's often hailed as the most influential director ever. Alfred Hitchcock's Foreign Correspondent was considered to be one of the greatest pieces of propaganda at the time. Not sure if you've heard of either of those two directors, though.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71711
09/09/04 04:26 PM
09/09/04 04:26 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Doesn't ANYBODY around here know how to edit when replying with quotes????

It's such a bore to read a one-line reply that has about 11 previous posts attached to it.

God gave you brains, people...USE THEM !!!!

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71712
09/09/04 04:33 PM
09/09/04 04:33 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
[b]
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Russia used to be one of the most powerful nations in the world years ago, and now they are shit. :rolleyes:
You mean like this one, Apple? Yes, I agree, it's getting ridiculous.

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71713
09/09/04 04:40 PM
09/09/04 04:40 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b]
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You mean like this one, Apple? Yes, I agree, it's getting ridiculous.
Why, YES Letizia B.!!

That's EXACTLY what I'm referring to!

How excellent of you to catch on...!!

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71714
10/27/04 04:37 PM
10/27/04 04:37 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Always using the excuse that you don't want to pay to support Moore?

Fahrenheit 9/11 for FREE

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71715
10/27/04 06:26 PM
10/27/04 06:26 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

That'll help. That's why it's been in retail stores selling for $19. He got his profit, now he can give it for "free." :rolleyes:

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 #71716
10/27/04 07:23 PM
10/27/04 07:23 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Patrick, I read this on imdb and thought it might make you laugh as well.

"American President George W. Bush has topped an unlikely poll in Britain - as this year's top screen villain. Bush won the dubious accolade for his unauthorized appearance in Michael Moore's anti-Bush documentary Fahrenheit 9/11. The politician beat out the likes of Doc Ock, played by Alfred Molina, in Spider-Man 2; The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's Leatherface; Andy Serkis' Gollum from Lord Of The Rings trilogy; and Elle Driver, the assassin played by Daryl Hannah in Kill Bill. Almost 10,000 people voted in the poll, conducted by Total Film Magazine."

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull