GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, Captbony1999), 282 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,317
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71144
07/17/04 12:19 AM
07/17/04 12:19 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
I have been questioning my beliefs lately on whether there actually is a Heaven and Hell, and who exactly goes to these places. As hard as it is to believe sometimes, I do believe that there is a Heaven and Hell.

I think that all people will be able to go to Heaven unless they committ a murder, rape someone, or molest a child. But what if someone murders someone in self defense? Will God forgive them and allow them to go to Heaven? What if someone gets an abortion? What if someone hires someone to kill someone? What if by violating one of the Ten Commandments once in your life enables you to go to Hell instead of Heaven? What if someone does not go to confession months and/or years before they die?

These are all unanswerable questions that I would like answered, but will we all have to wait and find out until we die? Is there anyway of correcting yourself if you do murder someone or committ another harsh act? How to people live with killing people or hurting people as if it's nothing? -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71145
07/17/04 12:55 AM
07/17/04 12:55 AM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
I too have been questioning the existence of an afterlife, but I have also been questioning the possibility of god. I dont know why because life has been good lately, but for some reason I have been suffering a tremendous lack of faith. Its also wierd, because all my life I have been raised Catholic and I used to go to church often. But lately when the family goes, I always reply "no thanks." To answer your question, no, I do not believe in heaven and hell

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71146
07/17/04 12:59 AM
07/17/04 12:59 AM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
I voted no, I don´t belive in a heaven or hell , though, not in the typical way we thought about it, I think heaven and hell are here in life, and I´d belive in honesty, in be real, in not do stuff we don´t like for us, in love, etc. I also belive in pay sins here in life, like recive gifts from god in life too, maybe I wrong and a heaven and hell exist, who knows all we die with that question and maybe we never knows, so I only have my faith in god, I don´t see him like a punisher , so, I don´t belive in a place with fire and torture like hell, some places in real life are worst than that though, I was raised catholic in the heaven and hell , purgatory stuff, but thank god I have parents who let me think by myself, search the answer for my own doubts about the meaning of life, I still searching and maybe I´ll be searching all my life without find the answer but here am I , trying anyway, so good luck in your own search pat and is not bad have doubts, keep you alive.

" What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?"

" Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people and I
Want to see life"- there is a light that never goes out by The smiths.
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71147
07/17/04 01:31 AM
07/17/04 01:31 AM
D
Don Giorgio Gambino Offline
Underboss
Don Giorgio Gambino  Offline
D
Underboss
I do belive in a Heaven and Hell.

Heaven is a great place. You get to hang out with the people you love for all of eternity (IF, and only, IF, they accomplish all the requirements of the Guidelines of Heavens, which are unknown to me but maybe strict or not)

Hell is where Ha-Satan rules. Fire and hot Diet Coke await for you. Is a nice place were all the evil people (included those unpunished in life) would get their due with terrible tortures such as watching Gigli for all of eternity.

Yes I belive in Heaven, Hell and Purgatory.

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71148
07/17/04 01:48 AM
07/17/04 01:48 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I believe in afterlife, and I hope it exists. Why? I think there is a need deep down me to be eternal. Do you believe that your soul which is your part that enjoys learning, memories, love and all other spiritual experiences dies?
I hope there is a heaven and hell because there is another need inside me for justice. Frankly I don't think a person who kills one soul is the same as those who had gotten thousands of people killed in a war.
But the good thing about heaven and hell is that we don't decide who goes where, that decision is God's. I think God would give opportunities to those who deserve it to ask for redemption but those dark souls that have forgotten him wouldn't be given the chance to remember him and therefore their souls would remain in the dark. It is probably our worst punishment and fear to be forgotten by him.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71149
07/17/04 02:01 AM
07/17/04 02:01 AM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
I do belive in after life too, karma like budism and others religions called it, also belive in the power of actions, god give us when we deserved it and we pay for the wrong actions here or maybe in another life, who knows.is like a circular process though, we recived what we did for good or bad and our mission is learn of the mistakes for take better desicions in the future and don´t hurt anyone in this process.

" Take me out tonight
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71150
07/17/04 02:28 AM
07/17/04 02:28 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by angiez23:
I do belive in after life too, karma like budism and others religions called it, also belive in the power of actions, god give us when we deserved it and we pay for the wrong actions here or maybe in another life, who knows.is like a circular process though, we recived what we did for good or bad and our mission is learn of the mistakes for take better desicions in the future and don´t hurt anyone in this process.
My problem with reincarnation is that we forget all we have learnt, loved, etc. in the next life. It just wouldn't be fair and your need to be eternal would not be fulfilled that way. But like I said this is only the way I like it. I've not died to know what is going to happen!

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71151
07/17/04 02:41 AM
07/17/04 02:41 AM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
well, we´arent highlander pal, so we can´t be immortal or something , we´re mortal, maybe our soul is eternal or maybe not, who knows, but I don´t wanna live forever, I guess is boring, I have troubles with imagine me with 70 now, less immortal, I rather a short full life than a empty eternity, though, so I´m pro death (j/k), but I wanna die one day and see what happens.
Plus an immortal life is to much, dont you think.

" Take me out tonight
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71152
07/17/04 03:02 AM
07/17/04 03:02 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
According to Catholic belief, there is a Heavan, a Hell, and Purgatory...

According to this belief:

Hardly anyone goes right to Heaven. If someone has committed *ANY* sins whatsover -- and hasn't attoned for them on this earth -- then they'll spend many years of "horrible punishment" in Purgatory.

According to Catholicism, Purgatory is a worse punishment than any possible punishment on earth. But, as opposed to Hell, it's temporary.

From what I understand from Catholicism... Purgatory is nasty, and, most of us will experience it... because... anyone with the slightest sin cannot be in the presence of the most divine. That's what they say: google it.

That scares me!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71153
07/17/04 03:04 AM
07/17/04 03:04 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by angiez23:
well, we´arent highlander pal, so we can´t be immortal or something , we´re mortal, maybe our soul is eternal or maybe not, who knows, but I don´t wanna live forever, I guess is boring, I have troubles with imagine me with 70 now, less immortal, I rather a short full life than a empty eternity, though, so I´m pro death (j/k), but I wanna die one day and see what happens.
Plus an immortal life is to much, dont you think.
If you read my first post, I said I like to have eternal soul, not eternal physical life the way we have now. We can debate with private messages if you'd like.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71154
07/17/04 03:06 AM
07/17/04 03:06 AM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
Maybe is fun who knows, hot, kinda a tropical island for sinners (j/k)

BTW: I don´t wanna debate or argue, I respect your opinion like respect all and if you read my post again was more a joking one than a debate, so don´t worry the variety is the taste of life

" Take me out tonight
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71155
07/17/04 04:20 AM
07/17/04 04:20 AM
Don Sauno Offline
Capo
Don Sauno  Offline
Capo
If the choice be that there either isn't a Heaven or a Hell or there is, I choose that there is. This is a touchy subject, and I try not to be judging in this area, but generally, I would suppose that those who do not do right by this world will suffer in death while those who are moral will find reward. For me, I believe that the hope of entering Heaven is what ultimately pushes the beings of this world forward. There are those who may not believe so much in this life after death stuff, but that's how I percieve it. I really love the speech in Return of the King where Gandalf says "The journey doesn't end here."

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster"
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71156
07/17/04 08:43 AM
07/17/04 08:43 AM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
I'm an American Baptist and I definetly believe in Heaven and Hell. I've thought about this alot and I tend to believe through my own readings that when the Bible discusses Hell it means that your soul will "die" as in, you will be thrown into the fire suffer horrible pain , then your soul will die. There will be no afterlife for you. So in essense the sinners who claim there is no afterlife can essentially be right because there won't be for them.
Without getting preachy here, Jesus claims quite a few times in the Bible that he will give us eternal life. I take that as meaning opposed to enternal death (hell).
Pat, I don't agree with you about how to get into Heaven. I was taught that being a good person was only half the battle. You also have to dedicate your life to God's way. Being nice simply isin't enough.
There was no Purgatory in my church. I'm always interested to hear more about it becuase I hope it exists.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71157
07/17/04 08:50 AM
07/17/04 08:50 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

The thought of the afterlife is, to me anyway, a coping mechanism. It kills me to think that I will never see the people that I have loved and lost ever again. Other people use the cop out of an afterlife to cope with that.

Heaven would be shit without my dog anyway. There's too many flaws with this kind of stuff that I have to think logically and refute it all.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71158
07/17/04 09:03 AM
07/17/04 09:03 AM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:

Heaven would be shit without my dog anyway.
I've had this same thought. But I'm convinced all Dogs go to Heaven. Technically they've never committed original sin so they have squat to be forgiven for. So they might be getting in on a technicality, but I'd take it any day.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71159
07/17/04 09:15 AM
07/17/04 09:15 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

But then all animals would be in heaven and how could we live with a load of dinosaurs and saber tooth mammals?

It'd be a bit naive to think only butterfly's and nice doggies go to heaven.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71160
07/17/04 10:24 AM
07/17/04 10:24 AM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
Without going off on a tangent, there is a huge difference between our pets and dinosaurs. That difference is love. I've been taught that (again more preachy stuff) through God's love that all can be conquered and that love is God's reason for our existence in the first place. He would never deny us that love.

Also I believe God's version of Heaven did exist on earth as Eden. Plenty of animals lived in Eden, so why woulden't there be again?

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71161
07/17/04 10:44 AM
07/17/04 10:44 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
But then all animals would be in heaven and how could we live with a load of dinosaurs and saber tooth mammals?
You forget, Only the GOOD ones get to heaven.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71162
07/17/04 02:09 PM
07/17/04 02:09 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Maybe it's all a big acid trip...

Being Roman Catholic, I think it's already been explained. Though I'll allow my good friend GP to add his thoughts, should he decide to post.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71163
07/17/04 02:53 PM
07/17/04 02:53 PM
Indiana
Neri Offline
Capo
Neri  Offline
Capo
Indiana
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:

Hardly anyone goes right to Heaven. If someone has committed *ANY* sins whatsover -- and hasn't attoned for them on this earth -- then they'll spend many years of "horrible punishment" in Purgatory.

According to Catholicism, Purgatory is a worse punishment than any possible punishment on earth. But, as opposed to Hell, it's temporary.

From what I understand from Catholicism... Purgatory is nasty, and, most of us will experience it... because... anyone with the slightest sin cannot be in the presence of the most divine. That's what they say: google it.

That scares me!
But remember what Paulie said. Even if we've sinned many, many times, the time we'll spend in purgatory is only a couples day's time here on Earth. We could do that standing on our heads. Its just a little detour on the road to paradise.

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster." - Henry Hill
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71164
07/17/04 03:25 PM
07/17/04 03:25 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I do believe in Heaven & Hell & I do believe in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71165
07/17/04 03:37 PM
07/17/04 03:37 PM
Texas
Patches Offline
Underboss
Patches  Offline
Underboss
Texas
I too am a baptist so I do believe in Heaven and Hell.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71166
07/17/04 04:24 PM
07/17/04 04:24 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline
Underboss
USA
when we die its like going to sleep for ever, we have no conscious so everything will be alrite.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -Micheal Corleone

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

"Ahhh, im gonna go wash up" -Paulie Gultiari
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71167
07/17/04 05:29 PM
07/17/04 05:29 PM
National City, CA
Caporegime Offline
Capo
Caporegime  Offline
Capo
National City, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
I do believe in Heaven & Hell & I do believe in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Amen!

Sal: "Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old times' sake?"
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71168
07/17/04 08:34 PM
07/17/04 08:34 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
I haven't really thought of it deeply. Heaven sounds good to me, so I would like to go someday.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71169
07/17/04 09:35 PM
07/17/04 09:35 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
I was baptised Catholic and had to go to CCD and all that lovely stuff, and I still dont get any of it. Ive heard of Pergatory(sp),mainly as a ski resort, but never actually known what it was about, though maybe it was another term for hell.
Anyhoo, I dont really know.I try not to think about it too much. Death is a huge vast thing, which you can never really understand until you experiance it.Life is too fucking short to try to figure out death.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71170
07/18/04 01:21 AM
07/18/04 01:21 AM
D
Underboss
D
Underboss
Purgatory is like jail: you must answer for your sins and if you do good you go to Heaven.

The years ou spend there depend of your sins. Adultery=200 years. Sounds like not a great place but better than Hell.

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71171
07/18/04 01:31 AM
07/18/04 01:31 AM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
I'm interested to hear where you get the 200 years from. Is there like a list of sins and their corresponding years in purgatory? This is news to me.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71172
07/18/04 01:38 AM
07/18/04 01:38 AM
D
Underboss
D
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Krlea:
I'm interested to hear where you get the 200 years from. Is there like a list of sins and their corresponding years in purgatory? This is news to me.
Forgive me. I was just setting up an example. I'm just imagining how Purgatory might be that's all

Giorgi Luigi Gambino

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 25: Heaven and Hell - Do you believe? #71173
07/18/04 09:24 AM
07/18/04 09:24 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Yes, I do believe in heaven/hell, but like mentioned, no one will really know until they die exactly what the "afterlife" is.

I often wonder, when I see or hear of people sacrificing their entire lives for a loved one, or dedicating their entire life for the good of others (Mother Theresa), if that shouldn't be an automatic "pass" to heaven???

On the other hand, I sometimes wonder if we can experience our "hell" here on earth. Don't we all know of at least one person who goes thru unbearable and horrible hardships that seems too much for one person's lifetime? Isn't this sort of a "hell on earth" with one thing after another happening to make this person's life totally miserable/burdensome????

Then too, what about the person who is totally "sinful" throughout his life and seems to skate thru life unscathed. He's gotta "get his just desserts????"

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull