GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (The_Marble_Guy), 266 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,852
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni #913354
05/21/17 02:44 PM
05/21/17 02:44 PM
paris
M
miklo Offline OP
Capo
miklo  Offline OP
M
Capo
paris
Do you think that the Ndrangheta will become stronger than the American families already present in a future loved ones.
The Ursino de Gioiosa Ionica is apparently already considered the 6th family in New York.
Clan Commisso and Aquino-Coluccio clan are also present in New York.
Does anyone have their staff and members and are they present in other major cities in the United States as they are in Canada?

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: miklo] #913560
05/24/17 04:23 AM
05/24/17 04:23 AM
paris
M
miklo Offline OP
Capo
miklo  Offline OP
M
Capo
paris
?

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: miklo] #913577
05/24/17 10:38 AM
05/24/17 10:38 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I think that also if had a presence in the usa the ndrangheta clans prefer Australia (watch the underbelly second season) where made milions with weed and heroin and killed Donald mckay a politicians in 1977 and the canada because in the usa president Obama put the ndrangheta in the list of the most dangerous criminal organizations.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: miklo] #913579
05/24/17 10:42 AM
05/24/17 10:42 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: miklo
Do you think that the Ndrangheta will become stronger than the American families already present in a future loved ones.
The Ursino de Gioiosa Ionica is apparently already considered the 6th family in New York.
Does anyone have their staff and members and are they present in other major cities in the United States as they are in Canada?

If we are to believe Nicola Gratteri, one of the most respected anti-mafia prosecutors,"the Ndranheta is quickly spreading in the United States, particularly in Florida and New York".

It will be very difficult at this moment to know who all the major players are because there hasn't been many arrests or homicides pointing in their direction. I believe they are already there in more numbers than is led to be believed and they will in the future prevail based on their will to expand globally, structure, obedience to their code and low profile but this is just my opinion.
At the moment they have formed partnership with the existing Cosa Nostra in NY but if the american mafia continues to self destruct by having too many informants, it will leave a vacuum and the Ndrangheta will fill in that void.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Ciment] #913586
05/24/17 12:39 PM
05/24/17 12:39 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: Ciment

If we are to believe Nicola Gratteri, one of the most respected anti-mafia prosecutors,"the Ndranheta is quickly spreading in the United States, particularly in Florida and New York".

It will be very difficult at this moment to know who all the major players are because there hasn't been many arrests or homicides pointing in their direction. I believe they are already there in more numbers than is led to be believed and they will in the future prevail based on their will to expand globally, structure, obedience to their code and low profile but this is just my opinion.
At the moment they have formed partnership with the existing Cosa Nostra in NY but if the american mafia continues to self destruct by having too many informants, it will leave a vacuum and the Ndrangheta will fill in that void.

The power of the ndrangheta is the blood ties,look at the gigliotti case hisband,wife and son run the coke ring,other difference is the the Santa a different level of nfrangheta ranks,the santisti can do things for what the other members would be killed and most import the ndrangheta grow in the silence and in the usa as I said the ndrangheta is marked by the government so anyway who know.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: miklo] #913588
05/24/17 01:11 PM
05/24/17 01:11 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
I too think they will be growing in the drug trade . They have the money and connections to make some serious moves .

They were probably pretty small 5 years ago but I can see them having moved up a few tiers recently .

Will be curious how LCN is responding , each family will probably respond differently but seems likely some crews in the Gambino and Bonnanos will be involved to some extent, don't think we know what yet . Genovese have also had 1 or 2 very trustworthy guys doing things very very DL tho or involved in the money laundering side

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: furio_from_naples] #913592
05/24/17 02:01 PM
05/24/17 02:01 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

The power of the ndrangheta is the blood ties,look at the gigliotti case hisband,wife and son run the coke ring,other difference is the the Santa a different level of nfrangheta ranks,the santisti can do things for what the other members would be killed and most import the ndrangheta grow in the silence and in the usa as I said the ndrangheta is marked by the government so anyway who know.

I agree Furio their blood ties & family structure makes them less vulnerable to having police enforcement penetrate their organization and if one turns informant then he will have to turn in his own flesh and blood. That is why there are less informants in the Ndrangheta compared to other criminal organizations.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Ciment] #913618
05/24/17 05:38 PM
05/24/17 05:38 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

I agree Furio their blood ties & family structure makes them less vulnerable to having police enforcement penetrate their organization and if one turns informant then he will have to turn in his own flesh and blood. That is why there are less informants in the Ndrangheta compared to other criminal organizations.

I don't think the ndrangheta will win the war with the feds if they grow too strong. Hiding in bunkers beneath their homes won't protect them against the wrath of the American justice system. The feds have the means at their disposal to find weak links in every organization.

I also think that there's bigger change that the balance of power between the Italian Mafias will swift before the ndrangheta will supplant the New York families. That they'll lose power in Montreal is one thing, but New York is a different story.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: miklo] #913620
05/24/17 06:10 PM
05/24/17 06:10 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The Calabrians are so low key and secretive, they will never be a huge target for the feds.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Hollander] #913625
05/24/17 07:58 PM
05/24/17 07:58 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Hollander
The Calabrians are so low key and secretive, they will never be a huge target for the feds.

They can't supplant the New York families while maintaining a low-key profile. This is why it won't happen. They don't want to be on the radar of the feds so they cannot be too ambitious if they want to continue to operate in the area without much scrutiny.

Don't fool yourself thinking the feds or NYPD don't have their eye on them. They don't appear to be a priority for them at the moment but they will when their presence becomes abundant.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Sonny_Black] #913626
05/24/17 08:09 PM
05/24/17 08:09 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

They can't supplant the New York families while maintaining a low-key profile. This is why it won't happen. They don't want to be on the radar of the feds so they cannot be too ambitious if they want to continue to operate in the area without much scrutiny.

Don't fool yourself thinking the feds or NYPD don't have their eye on them. They don't appear to be a priority for them at the moment but they will when their presence becomes abundant.

They do but I compare the Calabrians with the Russians. Once in a while some get caught but most stay under the radar in NY and Florida.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Hollander] #913628
05/24/17 08:22 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

They do but I compare the Calabrians with the Russians. Once in a while some get caught but most stay under the radar in NY and Florida.

Because they aren't as abundant as the Five Families. They don't get caught as often because the presence of the Five Families overshadows their own activities. I think this situation is ideal for them as it allows them to operate without much government scrutiny.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Hollander] #913629
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss

No one stays under the radar in Florida..especially not Miami. They all get deported.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Sonny_Black] #913630
05/24/17 08:25 PM
05/24/17 08:25 PM
Underboss
Underboss

Damn right..i cant help but laugh at those people who think the calabrians are fooling law enforcement

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Sonny_Black] #913631
05/24/17 08:36 PM
05/24/17 08:36 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

They often have normal jobs you would never think that guy is someone important in the 'Ndrangheta.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Hollander] #913632
05/24/17 08:41 PM
05/24/17 08:41 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
They often have normal jobs you would never think that guy is someone important in the 'Ndrangheta.

I bet the feds or cops are aware. They may not have enough hard evidence to start a case but they will monitor them.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Sonny_Black] #913633
05/24/17 08:45 PM
05/24/17 08:45 PM
Underboss
Underboss

I bet the feds or cops are aware. They may not be able to have enough hard evidence to start prosecution but they will monitor them.

exactly..they're aware--very much aware. a lot of ppl think the calabrians are like ghosts lol

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Sonny_Black] #913635
05/24/17 08:53 PM
05/24/17 08:53 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I bet the feds or cops are aware. They may not have enough hard evidence to start a case but they will monitor them.

Yes the feds are aware because they work closely with the Italians, but we have seen already the 'ndrangheta had guys in the FBI who tipped them off.

Last edited by Hollander; 05/24/17 08:54 PM.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Hollander] #913636
05/24/17 09:01 PM
05/24/17 09:01 PM
Underboss
Underboss

Yes the feds are aware because they work closely with the Italians, but we have seen already the 'ndrangheta had guys in the FBI who tipped them off.

please!!

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #913637
05/24/17 09:05 PM
05/24/17 09:05 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

please!!

The Piromalli clan, it was pretty a big media story in Italy.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #913639
05/24/17 09:18 PM
05/24/17 09:18 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
a lot of ppl think the calabrians are like ghosts lol

True they are nothing special but they are smart in covering their tracks. I don't think they are interested in the rackets of the american mafia, they just want to make a living.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: miklo] #913640
05/24/17 11:31 PM
05/24/17 11:31 PM
S
SimonChen Offline
Capo
SimonChen  Offline
S
Capo
Is there any chance that Calabrians combine with the five families just like Camorra and mafia did in1920s? Any chance those guys become new crews of zips?

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Sonny_Black] #913642
05/25/17 12:00 AM
05/25/17 12:00 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I have never said or implied that the ndrangheta will win the war with the feds. Ndrangheta members still get arrested in Italy due to wiretapping and other methods that police use. What I said was if the NY mafia continues on the same path of self destruction by having informants testify on their own people then someone else (ndrangheta) will fill the void. Furthermore, out of all the Italian mafias in Italy or in america the ndrangheta has the lowest percentage of informants. This along with the other points stated in my earlier post is the reason why they are successful in planting cells in many countries across the globe.

Last edited by Ciment; 05/25/17 12:10 AM.
Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: SimonChen] #913646
05/25/17 05:15 AM
05/25/17 05:15 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: SimonChen
Is there any chance that Calabrians combine with the five families just like Camorra and mafia did in1920s? Any chance those guys become new crews of zips?

They will always have their own set of rules and rituals which are very complicated for outsiders, but they will work with LCN like they do in Italy with Camorra and Mafia.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: SimonChen] #913647
05/25/17 05:25 AM
05/25/17 05:25 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SimonChen

Impossible in my opinion. The Calabrians want to keep the American members at arm's length because of the relative high percentage of informers. Of course they'll do business with them, but as far as the inner circle goes? No, that's for blood relatives and fellow 'Ndranghetisti only.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: miklo] #913649
05/25/17 07:41 AM
05/25/17 07:41 AM
paris
M
miklo Offline OP
Capo
miklo  Offline OP
M
Capo
paris
Do they have a presence in Chicago or California and other major American cities?
Chicago or Detroit seem to me to be good places to settle because they have a strong presence in Canada and that cities are on the border.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: miklo] #913666
05/25/17 12:16 PM
05/25/17 12:16 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Do they have a presence in Chicago or California and other major American cities?
Chicago or Detroit seem to me to be good places to settle because they have a strong presence in Canada and that cities are on the border.

The Canadians may be involved on the other side of the border.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Ciment] #913668
05/25/17 12:26 PM
05/25/17 12:26 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I have never said or implied that the ndrangheta will win the war with the feds. Ndrangheta members still get arrested in Italy due to wiretapping and other methods that police use. What I said was if the NY mafia continues on the same path of self destruction by having informants testify on their own people then someone else (ndrangheta) will fill the void.

And if they fill the void they will be on the radar of the feds, which I can imagine is something they want to avoid.

Furthermore, it seems the feds and the mob have reached a status quo. The feds mob squads are downsized and there hasn't been a turncoat in years that is doing much damage to the families. At this point attrition poses a bigger treat to the existance of the mob, but this is a slow process that will take many more years and within these years anything can happen.

Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Sonny_Black] #913690
05/25/17 03:03 PM
05/25/17 03:03 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I have never said or implied that the ndrangheta will win the war with the feds. Ndrangheta members still get arrested in Italy due to wiretapping and other methods that police use. What I said was if the NY mafia continues on the same path of self destruction by having informants testify on their own people then someone else (ndrangheta) will fill the void.

And if they fill the void they will be on the radar of the feds, which I can imagine is something they want to avoid.

Furthermore, it seems the feds and the mob have reached a status quo. The feds mob squads are downsized and there hasn't been a turncoat in years that is doing much damage to the families. At this point attrition poses a larger treat to the existance of the mob, but this is a slow process that will take many more years and within these years anything can happen.

I agree once identified they will always be under the radar of the feds.The only difference if they do fill the void, the feds will have a greater difficulty in penetrating the Ndrangheta and producing turncoats because of their blood ties.

In Ontario for example, there were four ndrangheta cells/families that were generally known to the press & public. Because of an investigation that was carried out by Italian authorities, it was discovered that there were as many seven in Toronto GTA alone not including Hamilton. This brings up the number to 9 possibly 10 families. How is it possible that these newly discovered families were able to hide from under the Canadian feds and Italian authorities all these years. Furthermore they don't seem to have a recruiting problem due to their blood ties and organizational structure.
In New York they didn't just appear out of thin air.

Last edited by Ciment; 05/25/17 03:56 PM.
Re: The Ndrangheta in New York and the Uni [Re: Ciment] #913705
05/25/17 05:24 PM
05/25/17 05:24 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

Furthermore, it seems the feds and the mob have reached a status quo. The feds mob squads are downsized and there hasn't been a turncoat in years that is doing much damage to the families. At this point attrition poses a larger treat to the existance of the mob, but this is a slow process that will take many more years and within these years anything can happen.

I agree once identified they will always be under the radar of the feds.The only difference if they do fill the void, the feds will have a greater difficulty in penetrating the Ndrangheta and producing turncoats because of their blood ties.

In Ontario for example, there were four ndrangheta cells/families that were generally known to the press & public. Because of an investigation that was carried out by Italian authorities, it was discovered that there were as many seven in Toronto GTA alone not including Hamilton. This brings up the number to 9 possibly 10 families. How is it possible that these newly discovered families were able to hide from under the Canadian feds and Italian authorities all these years. Furthermore they don't seem to have a recruiting problem due to their blood ties and organizational structure.
In New York they didn't just appear out of thin air.

Comparing the Canadian agencies with their colleagues south of the border is apples and oranges. The FBI has been much more effective at weakening the mob than the Canadians. They'll hurt any 'Ndrangheta clans equally if they go after them in full force. It may take more effort, but they'll dedicate resources accordingly if they have to.

Besides, because Italian investigations became public doesn't mean the Canadian authorities weren't aware of those 10 clans in Ontario. Project Clemenza and the decrypted text messages are a good example of their intelligence capabilities. They knew exactly what everyone was up to. There's probably a ton of information available to them that we'll only get a fraction of.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull