GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 332 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,309
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tamara Rand Killed On FBI Watch? #913244
05/19/17 07:48 PM
05/19/17 07:48 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
A little googling on Los Angeles capo Frank Bompensiero, I see he became an informant in 1967. He assisted Tony Spilotro in Tamara Rand's murder in 1975. Rand tried to sue Allen Click, the Chicago Outfit's front man in Vegas. So, Bompensiero had to have been under FBI supervision when he was involved with Rand's murder, correct?

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Tamara Rand Killed On FBI Watch? [Re: OakAsFan] #913246
05/19/17 08:22 PM
05/19/17 08:22 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Yes, but he just didn't tell them about it.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: Tamara Rand Killed On FBI Watch? [Re: OakAsFan] #913247
05/19/17 08:50 PM
05/19/17 08:50 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
wasn't this murder associated with allen glick, snakes?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Tamara Rand Killed On FBI Watch? [Re: OakAsFan] #913248
05/19/17 09:01 PM
05/19/17 09:01 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Thanks for the correction, Binnie. I typed "Allen Click". lol.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Tamara Rand Killed On FBI Watch? [Re: OakAsFan] #913263
05/20/17 04:23 AM
05/20/17 04:23 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
A little googling on Los Angeles capo Frank Bompensiero, I see he became an informant in 1967. He assisted Tony Spilotro in Tamara Rand's murder in 1975. Rand tried to sue Allen Click, the Chicago Outfit's front man in Vegas. So, Bompensiero had to have been under FBI supervision when he was involved with Rand's murder, correct?

From what I read Bompensiero becomed an informant for don't be process for bribery and I don't know how years risked to spend in jail but he was angry with desimone and don't wanted to be out of games at 60 year so i think some times gave informations to the feds but just the indispensable minimum and continued to made bussiness.
The tamara rand case was the most famous but for me Bompensiero don't said more to the feds and if he wasn't killed in 1977 the feds would lost the patience.

Re: Tamara Rand Killed On FBI Watch? [Re: OakAsFan] #913295
05/20/17 05:18 PM
05/20/17 05:18 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Thanks for the explanations, guys. Really hoping Vacari, Ralph, the usual contributors on the California mobs could chime in.

Did the FBI take any heat for the Tamara Rand issue? I could see how they wouldn't have any legal accountability, considering they couldn't control what Bompensiero did. He was just feeding them information. Still, you have to think they took some criticism for it, perhaps from Rand's family. I'd be pissed if a relative of mine were killed by someone the FBI was working with at the time, even if they didn't know.

In the Nuestra Familia "Black Widow" case in California, I recall something about how the feds knew of plans to kill someone and didn't intervene because they didn't want to blow their case. Anyone recall that? SoCalGangs might know more on this.

Re: Tamara Rand Killed On FBI Watch? [Re: OakAsFan] #913298
05/20/17 06:02 PM
05/20/17 06:02 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Thanks for the explanations, guys. Really hoping Vacari, Ralph, the usual contributors on the California mobs could chime in.

Did the FBI take any heat for the Tamara Rand issue? I could see how they wouldn't have any legal accountability, considering they couldn't control what Bompensiero did. He was just feeding them information. Still, you have to think they took some criticism for it, perhaps from Rand's family. I'd be pissed if a relative of mine were killed by someone the FBI was working with at the time, even if they didn't know.

In the Nuestra Familia "Black Widow" case in California, I recall something about how the feds knew of plans to kill someone and didn't intervene because they didn't want to blow their case. Anyone recall that? SoCalGangs might know more on this.

OakAsFan depend when Rand's family knowed that bompensiero was a fbi informant. And I bet that the feds said the same things that in the bulger and scarpa sr cases: We don't know that the informant did this,we trusted him, he swore that don't commited crimes ecc.

Re: Tamara Rand Killed On FBI Watch? [Re: OakAsFan] #913309
05/20/17 09:05 PM
05/20/17 09:05 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
15 months after Rand's murder, Bompensiero is murdered when an FBI sting outed him as an informant. The timing makes it look like the FBI put more pressure on him following Rand's murder. After 10 years of only providing info, he now sets the family up on extortion charges.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull