GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, m2w), 261 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,861
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Corky DiGioia #912717
05/14/17 11:05 AM
05/14/17 11:05 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Someone like corky (who is redneck)can get made into a family ? Not only in the show but in real life ? And do you guys think if the would run more will he be made ?

Re: Corky DiGioia [Re: MeyerLansky] #912759
05/14/17 07:03 PM
05/14/17 07:03 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Corky the junkie? Christopher's friend? He looks like a junkie who's just functional enough to run errands for Christopher in order to get more drugs. As far as rednecks being made, what about that Elvis impersonator at the party store? "rude cocksucker...see ya around, baby"

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Corky DiGioia [Re: OakAsFan] #912775
05/14/17 08:32 PM
05/14/17 08:32 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
No its not the same corky, there are 2, i am talkimg anout the one is season 5 with the long hair.

Re: Corky DiGioia [Re: MeyerLansky] #912788
05/14/17 10:10 PM
05/14/17 10:10 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The one who tells Christopher about Adriana being in the car accident with Tony, when he delivers the cigarettes? Yeah, I remember that guy was out there in the field when Tony was ready to kill Christopher later in the episode. Don't know what was up with his status in Tony's mob.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Corky DiGioia [Re: OakAsFan] #912789
05/14/17 10:12 PM
05/14/17 10:12 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
The one who tells Christopher about Adriana being in the car accident with Tony, when he delivers the cigarettes? Yeah, I remember that guy was out there in the field when Tony was ready to kill Christopher later in the episode. Don't know what was up with his status in Tony's mob.

yeah him, but in real life someone like him can get made ?

Re: Corky DiGioia [Re: MeyerLansky] #912791
05/14/17 10:18 PM
05/14/17 10:18 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I dunno. I think he's from the south, but going by his name, he's Italian. He's a thief. He looked like he was totally down to kill someone in that episode. You have your southern mobs too like the Marcello and Trafficante families, but this dude looked like he was straight out of the sticks. Also, like I said, you had the Elvis impersonator, who Pussy introduced as a "friend of ours". So in Soprano world he could have been made. Hard to say in real life. There had to have been some redneck Italian mobsters in New Orleans through the years. Dallas had a family, too.

Re: Corky DiGioia [Re: OakAsFan] #912792
05/14/17 10:20 PM
05/14/17 10:20 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
I dunno. I think he's from the south, but going by his name, he's Italian. He's a thief. He looked like he was totally down to kill someone in that episode. You have your southern mobs too like the Marcello and Trafficante families, but this dude looked like he was straight out of the sticks. Also, like I said, you had the Elvis impersonator, who Pussy introduced as a "friend of ours". So in Soprano world he could have been made. Hard to say in real life. There had to have been some redneck Italian mobsters in New Orleans through the years. Dallas had a family, too.

Ohh ok thanks !

Re: Corky DiGioia [Re: MeyerLansky] #916268
06/29/17 01:58 PM
06/29/17 01:58 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky

Ohh ok thanks !

A guy could have the heaviest Minnesota accent ever heard, but if he's an extraordinary earner and has an Italian surname, he's pretty much made man material these days I'd reckon.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Corky DiGioia [Re: BillyBrizzi] #916297
06/29/17 10:25 PM
06/29/17 10:25 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Ohh ok thanks !

A guy could have the heaviest Minnesota accent ever heard, but if he's an extraordinary earner and has an Italian surname, he's pretty much made man material these days I'd reckon.

And in the old days he would have never being made, right ?

Re: Corky DiGioia [Re: MeyerLansky] #916335
06/30/17 04:20 PM
06/30/17 04:20 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Ohh ok thanks !

And in the old days he would have never being made, right ?

I really don't know, but like the other guys said, back in the day you had families also in the Deep South like Louisiana, Texas and even Alabama had a family until 1938. So I reckon it didn't matter what accent someone had.

And I also just gave the Minnesota example because it's such a friendly, non-threatening accent and it would be kind of funny if a wiseguy talked like that.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Corky DiGioia [Re: MeyerLansky] #916935
07/13/17 04:34 PM
07/13/17 04:34 PM
B,ham, Alabama
SicilianDownSouth Offline
Wiseguy
SicilianDownSouth  Offline
Wiseguy
B,ham, Alabama
I always assumed he was a biker that was connected to the Sopranos.

Re: Corky DiGioia [Re: MeyerLansky] #916961
07/14/17 02:29 AM
07/14/17 02:29 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Tony recruited Corky during the Adrianna situation. He wasn't made, just used for extra muscle.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull