GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, RushStreet), 239 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,106
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,695
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70746
06/25/04 03:33 PM
06/25/04 03:33 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
After talking to my nigga Chilltown the other day, he told me he wouldn't mind seeing a thread on this category, so here it is.

Here are my thoughts on it. If 2 men or 2 women love each other, then I'm ok with that. I am AGAINST them getting married though. I have no problems talking with a homo/bisexual person under 2 circumstances:
1. They're not hitting on me.
2. They're not being a transvestite/drag because they want to be the opposite sex.

I honestly feel that if 2 men or 2 women get married, then they will go to hell. I feel we were all put here to reproduce and keep life going. Those are just my thoughts. What are yours? -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70747
06/25/04 03:43 PM
06/25/04 03:43 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
For reference, here's a link to the previous thread Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? which delved into these issues already.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70748
06/25/04 03:59 PM
06/25/04 03:59 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I honestly feel that if 2 men or 2 women get married, then they will go to hell. I feel we were all put here to reproduce and keep life going.
That is a huuuge generalization. What about men or women who are sterile? What about infertile couples? They can't reproduce so they are going to hell???

No, I know you don't mean that. Only homosexuals that don't reproduce are going to hell.

Damn, I had better call my mother before she dies and wish her well before she packs her handbasket. She might want to warn her girlfriend and life partner that she is going to hell as well.

Or do only homosexuals who are born that way go to hell? Maybe not ones who made that choice anytime in their life?

What, it is NOT a choice? They are all born that way? They repress it all this time?

No, that is not what you meant either.

What about a married woman who practices bi-sexuality? Is SHE going to hell? Maybe if she is only experimenting and is not REALLY a homosexual?

I am of the belief that the only homosexuals that are going to hell are the ones that have committed a grave sin (like murder).

As Geoff said, we covered this in a previous thread. Alot of good thoughts there.

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70749
06/25/04 04:42 PM
06/25/04 04:42 PM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
Pat , only one word, respect, is their life, is their choice and why they should go to hell?,is not a sin.

" What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?"

" Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people and I
Want to see life"- there is a light that never goes out by The smiths.
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70750
06/25/04 05:41 PM
06/25/04 05:41 PM
Chilltown Offline
Made Member
Chilltown  Offline
Made Member
I encouraged Pat to write his feelings about this topic obviously because it is a subject that is very important to me. Let me be clear that my feelings on marriage,etc could not be further than Pat's, but he does have respect and understanding when he speaks to me, which shows that no matter what your backround is or beliefs are, you can still hold respect for the people unlike you.

I think a problem that many people have with homosexuality is that many of them cannot put a face or a personality with the act that the feel is so disturbing. I absolutely do believe that that problem is slowly, but surely being resolved as the generations go by.

America's controversy about gays is much more religiously base than other countries, an i can respect that. With that said, i do not believe that those religous standings will continue into the future. For example, that gay marriage would be considered an ultimte sin is one thing, but i do not for one moment believe that anyone i know who says that would actually not wish me well should i persue marriage in the future.

The world is changing,and thankfully so. I actually for a time praised certain political leaders for this change, but i actually have discovered the true impact of the 1997-98 years when Ellen Degeneres and George Michael 'came out'. Anyone who was not socially aware at that time or after, is going to be left in the dust. And i couldn't feel prouder.

Thank you Pat for starting this very serious, yet provocative topic.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70751
06/25/04 07:45 PM
06/25/04 07:45 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

I've got no problem with bummers at all. They can do and should do what the hell they like.

Vita has dealt with the points EXCELLENTLY.

It makes me laugh when people say they have no problem with gays aslong as they're not hitting on them. As if all homosexualsare attracted to everyone of that sex. It's usually the ugly guys that say that too. I'd be quite flattered if someone, anyone hit on me. But I'm confident and comfortable with my own sexuality to simply say "Look, you've got the wrong guy" if I wasn't interested.

Pat, you also said that you have no problem with two guys or girls of same sex that love each other to be together. What about people of same sex that get together for casual sex like heteros do? Surely a relationship starts somewhere. Sometimes not everyone is out for a relatinship.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70752
06/25/04 11:11 PM
06/25/04 11:11 PM
Hell
Mike Sullivan Offline
Underboss
Mike Sullivan  Offline
Underboss
Hell
I'm alright with homosexuality. If they want to be legaly joined, they may. Marrige in the church? That's for the churches to decide.

Homosexuals aren't much different than heterosexuals when you get down to it. They just enjoy other men insted of the oposite sex.

So many repected people are gay.
Examples: Montgomery Clift, Cole Porter, Rock Hudson, Ellen Degenerous, T.E Lawrence. From military leaders to song writers, homosexuals have shaped the world in some way.

This shouldn't even be an issue. They deserve rights like the indians, blacks and all humanity deserves.

If it's not moraly right and god doesn't like it, let him take care of that on judgement day.

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70753
06/25/04 11:39 PM
06/25/04 11:39 PM
Texas
Patches Offline
Underboss
Patches  Offline
Underboss
Texas
I'm not against homosexuality. I got an Uncle and a best friend that are gay (i can't stand my bf's boyfriend but ya know)...

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70754
06/25/04 11:59 PM
06/25/04 11:59 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
Like Pat, I am not against homosexuals. People make life choices all the time, and simply put, this is theres. Who are straight people to judge them. But too like Pat, I feel that Homosexual marriage is highly immoral and wrong. As usual, I stand to the right on the issue of gay marriages.

But unlike Pat, I dont think that homosexuals, married or unmarried, will go to hell. That is a very unhealthy thought Pat. There are very few groups of people who deserve hell in the afterlife and homosexuals are not one of them.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70755
06/26/04 01:46 AM
06/26/04 01:46 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] I honestly feel that if 2 men or 2 women get married, then they will go to hell. I feel we were all put here to reproduce and keep life going.
That is a huuuge generalization. What about men or women who are sterile? What about infertile couples? They can't reproduce so they are going to hell???

No, I know you don't mean that. Only homosexuals that don't reproduce are going to hell.
[/b][/quote]Never thought about that. Good point. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70756
06/26/04 09:55 PM
06/26/04 09:55 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Sullivan
I'm alright with homosexuality. If they want to be legaly joined, they may. Marrige in the church? That's for the churches to decide......
If it's not moraly right and god doesn't like it, let him take care of that on judgement day.
I'm not a religious person anyway, but why are people so pissed about gays getting married in thier church? Why do you think you are so high and mighty to decide what is moral or not for other people. Why dont we just have somebody tell us that a person of Irish decent cant marry a person of any other ethnicty. Their marrige isnt going to lessen the love you feel in yours. I might be wrong here(actually, I most likely am) but isnt devorce unmoral in the buy-bull? No one is trying to stop devorce.Unless the gays start an angry riot, they arnt going to hurt you, so dont worry about it.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70757
06/26/04 11:40 PM
06/26/04 11:40 PM
Toronto
SicilianMafia Offline
Capo
SicilianMafia  Offline
Capo
Toronto
Pat why should we be subject to your controversial views and laughable evidence?

For same sex marriage, I am against it. It is IMMORAL, and if they wanna get "married", let them be unoffically married or whatever, in their own home. Just dont come out and get officially married in a church, it contradicts the fundamentals of the church.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70758
06/27/04 12:19 AM
06/27/04 12:19 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

[/insert_standard_republican_answer_here]

Actually, SM is right. The idea of homosexuality goes against the church (unless some churches are now changing the rules?) so that is precisely why gays and lesbians are not allowed to be married in Catholic churches and such.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70759
06/27/04 06:52 AM
06/27/04 06:52 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SicilianMafia:
Pat why should we be subject to your controversial views and laughable evidence?

Because they're thought provoking and encourage many members to participate in discussion. I'm glad someone is making an active effort.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70760
06/27/04 12:32 PM
06/27/04 12:32 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
I think that denying them the right of marrige is unconstitutional. The constitution states the right of equality to all disregaurdless of race sex, etc. Why shouldn't this apply to sexual prefrence?

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 9: Homosexuality #70761
06/27/04 12:52 PM
06/27/04 12:52 PM
Hell
Mike Sullivan Offline
Underboss
Mike Sullivan  Offline
Underboss
Hell
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
[quote]Originally posted by SicilianMafia:
[b] Pat why should we be subject to your controversial views and laughable evidence?

Because they're thought provoking and encourage many members to participate in discussion. I'm glad someone is making an active effort. [/b][/quote]He is inspiring me and I might pull a copycat of "Pat's Thought's".

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull