GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 260 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,339
Posts1,058,898
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? #909655
03/28/17 05:10 PM
03/28/17 05:10 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
I read that when Gravano kidnapped the philly capo johnny keys simone he removed the simone shoes before whack him as sign of respect ad that wild bill cutolo son was hungry because when find his father body he had the shoes.
Now maybe is a stupid question but is this a rule ? Or those are the only cases?

Thanks.

Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #909659
03/28/17 05:36 PM
03/28/17 05:36 PM
C
crazycrip33766 Offline
Button
crazycrip33766  Offline
C
Button
hows knowsss hes a lyinh piece of human being ..gravano thas is

Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #909660
03/28/17 05:38 PM
03/28/17 05:38 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
In my opinion Furio, I don't know about that. I think Sammy took the shoes off because Johnny Keys had made a pact with his wife and he asked Sammy to do it. The mob has whacked a lot of guys in their day and I don't think too many were shoeless.

Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #909661
03/28/17 06:02 PM
03/28/17 06:02 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
I read that too but it's one of the most bizarre stories If true

I mean, how would Johnny keys let his killer know "sorry, can I have a moment to take off my shoes" assuming most murders are 2 behind the ear

Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #909662
03/28/17 06:11 PM
03/28/17 06:11 PM
Philly/delco
D
DelcoNostra Offline
Button
DelcoNostra  Offline
D
Button
Philly/delco
Johnny Keys had two requests for Gravano when he was about to get clipped. The first was that a made man actually pull the trigger, and for him to remove his shoes before they shot him. This was a message to his wife so she knew that he knew he was going to get it and a last goodbye to her kind of. I don't know about the Wild Bill hit though..

"What's a murder?" - Fat Tony
Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: DelcoNostra] #909671
03/28/17 07:40 PM
03/28/17 07:40 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DelcoNostra
This was a message to his wife so she knew that he knew he was going to get it and a last goodbye to her kind of.

That's the only explanation that makes sense IMO.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: Ted] #909676
03/28/17 07:57 PM
03/28/17 07:57 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Furio,

I read the book and saw the made for TV film..and in both Sammy said that between the time they grabbed him and killed him that the guy had a few instances where he could have either escaped or alerted cops.

In the film, the guy stayed true to the lifestyle that he chose and blew his chances to escape death.

Sammy says he gained lot of respect for the guy in the time that they were driving him to his execution, so he did the guy the favor by granting his last request.

Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: DelcoNostra] #909678
03/28/17 08:17 PM
03/28/17 08:17 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
correct

Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: getthesenets] #909691
03/28/17 09:02 PM
03/28/17 09:02 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Furio,

I read the book and saw the made for TV film..and in both Sammy said that between the time they grabbed him and killed him that the guy had a few instances where he could have either escaped or alerted cops.

In the film, the guy stayed true to the lifestyle that he chose and blew his chances to escape death.

Sammy says he gained lot of respect for the guy in the time that they were driving him to his execution, so he did the guy the favor by granting his last request.
This is true..but, GETS..what movie do u speak of?..name?

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: hoodlum] #909694
03/28/17 09:26 PM
03/28/17 09:26 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Furio,

Hoodlum,

made for tv film called Witness To the Mob....starring Nick Turturro as Sammy

aired on NBC the year after the book came out....still have it on VHS

Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: getthesenets] #909696
03/28/17 10:09 PM
03/28/17 10:09 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Furio,

Hoodlum,

made for tv film called Witness To the Mob....starring Nick Turturro as Sammy

aired on NBC the year after the book came out....still have it on VHS
thanx again nets.

Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #909698
03/28/17 10:48 PM
03/28/17 10:48 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Dying with your shoes off is a symbol for dying comfortably...as in at your home with your feet up and your shoes off. Johnny Keys probably promised his wife that he wouldn't die in the streets but at home old and comfortable with his shoes off. So although he died in the streets he still kept his 'word' to his wife.

Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #909702
03/29/17 12:31 AM
03/29/17 12:31 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: Michael_Giovanni
Dying with your shoes off is a symbol for dying comfortably...as in at your home with your feet up and your shoes off. Johnny Keys probably promised his wife that he wouldn't die in the streets but at home old and comfortable with his shoes off. So although he died in the streets he still kept his 'word' to his wife.
That's exactly what happened.

Re: Remove the shoes before kill a wiseguy ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #909710
03/29/17 04:07 AM
03/29/17 04:07 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
https://www.google.it/amp/www.nydailynew...rticle-1.302851

How Colombo crime family boss Bill Cutolo's son paid back his killers

JOHN MARZULLI  OCT 19, 2008 10:35 PM
William Cutolo Jr. still can't believe the mobsters who put a bullet in his father's head were stupid enough to bury the body - or disrespectful enough to leave him in his loafers.

"My father must be smiling down on us. Now we have the body. Now we have the evidence," Cutolo told the Daily News in an exclusive interview.

His dad, William (Wild Bill) Cutolo, was underboss of the Colombo crime family when he was killed in 1999. His murder was ordered by acting boss Alphonse (Allie Boy) Persico, who feared losing control to Wild Bill, a charismatic rival.

"Why did they bury the body? I thought Allie would have been smarter," Cutolo, 36, said.

GALLERY: 'WILD BILL' DOMESTICATED

Until this month, the prevailing theory was that Cutolo's corpse had been dumped off Persico's boat into the Atlantic Ocean. But on Oct. 6, the mob capo's remains were pulled from a secret Mafia graveyard in Farmingdale, L.I., after a turncoat led FBI agents to the burial ground.

The body was wrapped in a tarp. Loafers protruded from the burial shroud - an old-world Mafia no-no, Cutolo said.

"When a man such as my father, a made man [is killed], the old-timers believed it was a sign of respect to remove their shoes so that when their bodies were ever found, and there were no shoes, it was a sign of respect," Cutolo said.

FBI agents plan to continue searching the site this week with cadaver dogs, looking for the remains of mobster Richard Greaves and Pace University student Carmine Gargano.

Federal prosecutors didn't need Wild Bill's body to convict Persico and former underboss John (Jackie) DeRoss in December 2007 of ordering the hit.

The evidence they used included incriminating tapes secretly made by the younger Cutolo - who wore a wire for the feds to avenge his father's death. The mob scion dubbed his undercover work Operation Payback.

Persico's lawyer subpoenaed Cutolo, but he refused to answer questions, invoking his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination. It was the first time he was face-to-face with Persico and DeRoss in years.

"Put me in an alley with both of them, and I'll send them out in bags. They're nothing but cowards," Cutolo said.

Treacherous cowards.

Wild Bill was DeRoss' best man at his wedding.

After the mobster disappeared, DeRoss went knocking on the walls of the slain man's Staten Island mansion, looking for hidden cash. He even took over Wild Bill's Friendly Bocce social club on 11th Ave. in Brooklyn.

"He sat in my old man's chair, no less," Cutolo said.

Cutolo had a falling-out with the feds and his family, but is back on speaking terms with his mother, who testified against Persico and DeRoss.

She has promised to give him a portion of his father's cremated remains, he said.

There was no similar pardon for him from his late aunt Barbara DePalo, who bought a blistering death notice in The News calling Cutolo Jr. a "pansy on a crusade" for cooperating with the government.

"I called her and said, 'You get a pair of gloves, a ski mask and a pistol, and do what you gotta do. Don't you ever call me a 'pansy' in the newspaper,'" he said.

Cutolo said he considered killing his father's murderers, but instead opted to help put them in jail - a fate his father believed was worse than death.

"I was very sick over what I did, but I put my b---s on the table," he said.

He is no longer in the witness protection program but doesn't expect to attend DeRoss' and Persico's sentencings.

If he were there, he'd have plenty to say: "You made two mistakes: You killed my father and you didn't kill me."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull