GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Liggio), 66 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,727
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70034
05/27/04 09:14 PM
05/27/04 09:14 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
ohhhh... yeah a light bulb just went on in my head........... gotchya

yeah james earl jones' voice was great.. can't have vader with out james!

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70035
05/27/04 09:25 PM
05/27/04 09:25 PM
Hell
Mike Sullivan Offline
Underboss
Mike Sullivan  Offline
Underboss
Hell
Originally posted by bogey:
Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
[b]Those films are not just his... They are ours and if he thinks otherwise then he's got another thing coming to him!

So Fuck you George Lucas and your fucking ideas to change a film which is an institution! There is 40 to 50 bucks that that fucker isn't getting!
lol easy killer..

all i know is george better not mess with my precious indiana jones, or he'll have hell to pay... mad mad
[/b]
Don't worry. THe Only Alteration made to the Indy films are a little alteration in Raiders were we see the glass that protected Harrison Ford from One Of THe Cobras in That Snake scene...

His buddy Steven Speilberg learned not to alter his films (ET ANYONE?!) and so Im sure he won't let Lucas get his hands on the print...

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70036
07/27/04 05:33 PM
07/27/04 05:33 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Star Wars DVD Changes

These are the rumoured changes that I've been researching. I don't mind some of them, but I was wondering what y'all think about it.

These are not officially confirmed or denied.

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70037
07/27/04 06:22 PM
07/27/04 06:22 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline
Underboss
USA
Originally posted by Double-J:
Star Wars DVD Changes

These are the rumoured changes that I've been researching. I don't mind some of them, but I was wondering what y'all think about it.

These are not officially confirmed or denied.
At the bottom of that list it says this....

"I'm going to have to call this one out as being total nonsense. This exact word for word list ran as a talkback by a guy named "Donnie Darko" several weeks ago, and that's not the first time I've seen it show up. Yes, Lucas is working on Archival Editions of the films, despite his continued denial of it in public, like at a UCLA appearance this week. Yes, there are some dramatic things they're trying. But this fanboy wish list is just not true. And the films that are coming out on DVD next fall are the Special Editions you've seen already. The ones released in '97. No changes. Nothing done to them"

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -Micheal Corleone

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

"Ahhh, im gonna go wash up" -Paulie Gultiari
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70038
07/27/04 07:29 PM
07/27/04 07:29 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
mad mad mad This is why I am boycotting the prequel's. They destroy the film. Just because of adding him in I am no longer buying the boxed set. I will be just fine with my VHS boxed set with the ORIGINAL films. Not this crap. It's a travesty and makes me lose my remaining respect for Lucas, which I didn't lose when I saw Episode 1. (Never bothered to go to Ep. 2, since episode "1" sucked so horribly.)

I think Lucas is destroying the franchise which he created. He should be proud of what he made, not go off and destroy it with his delusional vision's of making the film "better". Star Wars was (sadly I cannot say is ohwell ) a 20th century classic, and now it's a little sick joke. I beleive the generation's of movie goer's ahead of us will not even bother to waste their time with such crap, because they never knew what the movie used to be. They will never know it was actually at one time GOOD. [Linked Image]

Well I'm going to quit my ranting.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70039
07/27/04 08:55 PM
07/27/04 08:55 PM
Hell
Mike Sullivan Offline
Underboss
Mike Sullivan  Offline
Underboss
Hell
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
mad mad mad This is why I am boycotting the prequel's. They destroy the film. Just because of adding him in I am no longer buying the boxed set. I will be just fine with my VHS boxed set with the ORIGINAL films. Not this crap. It's a travesty and makes me lose my remaining respect for Lucas, which I didn't lose when I saw Episode 1. (Never bothered to go to Ep. 2, since episode "1" sucked so horribly.)

I think Lucas is destroying the franchise which he created. He should be proud of what he made, not go off and destroy it with his delusional vision's of making the film "better". Star Wars was (sadly I cannot say is ohwell ) a 20th century classic, and now it's a little sick joke. I beleive the generation's of movie goer's ahead of us will not even bother to waste their time with such crap, because they never knew what the movie used to be. They will never know it was actually at one time GOOD. [Linked Image]

Great Rant LLC.

All I know is that if Speilberg's bitch, George Lucas messes with these films, I will doycott Star Wars.

IMAGINE IF THEY CHANGED "SCHINDLER's LIST"! That's a sin right there. God would send the to hell.

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70040
07/27/04 09:32 PM
07/27/04 09:32 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline
Underboss
USA
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:

If you read my post before yours in my paragraph it says that thats a wishlist. The DVD release is just the special edition ones from 97.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -Micheal Corleone

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

"Ahhh, im gonna go wash up" -Paulie Gultiari
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70041
07/27/04 10:08 PM
07/27/04 10:08 PM
Lima, Peru
Michael/Corleone Offline
Underboss
Michael/Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Lima, Peru
Originally posted by bogey:

and does someone want to explain to me exactly why Sebastian Shaw and David Prowse both have credits to being Darth Vader??? I'm kinda confused...... confused
David Prowse was the guy inside the Darth Vader costume, he was the one moving and swinging the lightsaber, while Sebastian Shaw was the one who, in Return of the Jedi joined Yoda the Green Monster and Obi-Wan to stare in a stalkerish way at Luke. David Prowse: Vader in the inside, Sebastian Shaw, Anakin on the outside.

JABS

America is a continent, NOT a country.
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70042
07/28/04 05:22 AM
07/28/04 05:22 AM
North London
Bella Mafia UK Offline
Capo
Bella Mafia UK  Offline
Capo
North London
Apparently the reason GL has made alterations to Episodes 4-6 on DVD is to make the whole series more consistent - he apparently wants it to be a continuous work flowing from Episode 1-6 rather than the original 3 films being one thing, and the newer 3 films being separate.

He's changed some of the music and effects in Episodes 4-6 to tie in closer to Episodes 1-3.

Also, in Episode 3 ("Revenge of the Sith"), you see that Anakin and Padme have twin babies BUT it is not spelled out to the audience that they are Luke and Leia....this is so that future audiences who have never watched the films before can watch the series of films in chronological order from Episode 1-6 and will not find out that Darth Vader is Luke's dad until Episode 5 - The Empire Strikes Back.

...there's people who would pay a lot of money for that information. But then your daughter would lose a father..instead of gaining a husband.
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70043
07/28/04 11:34 AM
07/28/04 11:34 AM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Can you put spoiler warnings? Not everyone has seen the originals tongue

He is still butchering them. Different music, different effects, CGI characters, he's changing EVERYTHING but the plot to me.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70044
07/28/04 11:42 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
Can you put spoiler warnings? Not everyone has seen the originals tongue
Unless you were born yesterday you know that Vader is Lukes father, and if you dont you probably dont have any interest in these films anyway.

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70045
Hell
Mike Sullivan Offline
Underboss
Mike Sullivan  Offline
Underboss
Hell
When I heard the "Imperial March" in Episode 4 (Spec. Ed), I knew this was going to be a butchering.

Lucas is doing to himself and the films what RKO did to Orson Welles and "The Maginificent Ambersons".

They don't help the films. I'd be happy IF IT HELPED THE FILM BE BETER! But obviously, it doesn't help at all!

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton

- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70046
07/28/04 11:47 AM
07/28/04 11:47 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Don't get me wrong, I did see the films, but because of being no DVD release. I never saw it since 1997 or 98.

I did know the father part though. wink

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70047
09/19/04 09:36 AM
09/19/04 09:36 AM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

My recent thoughts with the changes to the SE:

I was watching, "When Star Wars Ruled The World" on VH1 last night, and I think that it offers a bit into whether there will be serious changes, and what changes I saw, because they were touting the new DVD and using clips from it.

1.) Lightsabers have been greatly enhanced
2.) More ships have been added to all of the battle scenes
3.) The picture is much more crisp than any previous version I've seen; colors are more vibrant, and the on-screen text (for translations/subtitles) has been changed from previous versions.

What I didn't see were any of the touted changes of Youda being CGI-faced, Sebastian Shaw being removed (or just his eyebrows, for that matter), an Ian McDermid not being inserted in ESB or ANH. No signs of Hayden Christiansen either.

Now, from this, we conclude: Either Lucas specifically asked VH1 for their documentary to exclude any "new" cuts to the DVD SE versions, or there really aren't any of these rumoured changes. I didn't notice them being very careful with their footage, but it is clear that they did not use any of these below scenes for reference to us DVD paranoids. We did however see Yoda briefly on the documentary...and he was definitely not CGI'ed, face or otherwise.

DV sent me these a few days ago, compiling all the digital editing (except the highly touted and rumoured Yoda edits...). The rotoscopes of the lightsaber I can confirm myself.

I still can't believe those screens are ALL real. The first speeder edits look like something I could do with photoshop, not a real huge thing. The most "fake" looking one, if there is one, is the addition of "Ian McDermid" (supposedly) to ESB in the Emperor when he telecommunicates with Vader...the screen looks NOTHING like McDermid, and if that's the final scene, ILM should be embarassed...what a terrible CGI job.

As far as edits to Sebastian Shaw...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

these two scenes still exist.

---

Another theory - they had the guy who played the original voice of Boba Fett on the documentary...which seems strange to me. If I knew that my voice was being removed/replaced, I don't think I would have been on a documentary that is meant to build up the DVD sales, I'd be rather pissed.

This leads me to believe that, while I can't say I'm sure, I certainly think that the amount of edits to these films (from their 1997 SE editions) has been quite exaggerated.

DVD Review

The above review chronicles the supposed changes according to what this guy saw. I'm not sure how reliable this DigitalBits is, but DV sent it to me, and I know how he feels about the changes, so... grin

-DJ

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70048
09/19/04 04:54 PM
09/19/04 04:54 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
I don't really care on what changes have been/haven't been made to the original trilogy. I'm just glad it's coming out on DVD finally.

A local Best Buy will be open at midnight Monday the 20th/Tuesday the 21st. in anticipation of this.

And since I get off work at 10:00pm, I'm going straight there after work. cool

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70049
09/19/04 05:45 PM
09/19/04 05:45 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
I'm picking this up in a few days, and pulling an all nighter when I get it. I have always thought the movies were cool, but I was never overly crazy about them. Touch ups I know they added are better light sabers, some better done cg, and some scenes were even re-shot. Check DVD review on www.ign.com for more details.

You talkin' to me?
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70050
09/20/04 07:24 PM
09/20/04 07:24 PM
ScarfaceRH Offline
Underboss
ScarfaceRH  Offline
Underboss
For those of you getting it tomorrow, could you tell us some of the major changes? I won't be getting it for a while.

I especially want to know about this:
[Linked Image]

Thanks

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70051
09/20/04 07:58 PM
09/20/04 07:58 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Episode IV: A New Hope

Lots of matte lines removed. The space under Luke's speeder looks much more realistic.

R2D2's blue parts are much cleaner and more consistent.

The 1997 animation added to the entrance to Mos Eisley is much smoother.

Greedo and Han shoot at the same time, and Han's dodge is far more realistic.

Jabba has been retexturized and looks considerably better. Han still walks on his tail, but it's much smoother.

The lettering on various Death Star panels are written in Aurebesh rather than English.

The matte-painted hall in Leia's detention block looks much more realistic.

Lightsabers look much better. Colors are far brighter and the blades are more defined.

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Ian McDiarmid has refilmed scenes as the Emperor instead of that near-fossil they had.

The conversations between Vader and Palpatine has a few new lines. Palpatine knows that Luke is Vader's son.

Light sabers are again fixed, making them more consistent.

Temuera Morrison does the voice of Boba Fett

Luke's inane scream when he jumps to escape Vader on Cloud City is gone. And there was much rejoicing.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Like the other two, the light sabers are fixed.

The Rancor looks considerably better, with its matte lines removed.

When Vader's helmet is removed, his eyebrows are gone and his eyes are recolored to match Hayden's.

Celebrations on Naboo, Coruscant and one other planet, where a statue is toppled right before we see the celebration with the ewoks.

Perhaps this was in the 1997 special editions, but in the various background shots of the new Death Star, its appearance changes and you can see progress as the station takes shape.

Hayden Christensen replaces Sebastian Shaw as Anakin's ghost. Lucas explains this in the commentary, which is spoilerish for Episode III.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You talkin' to me?
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70052
09/21/04 03:24 AM
09/21/04 03:24 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Why did they add "A New Hope" to the Star Wars name? Does any one know when episode III is coming out?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70053
09/21/04 06:49 AM
09/21/04 06:49 AM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Originally posted by Mignon:
Why did they add "A New Hope" to the Star Wars name? Does any one know when episode III is coming out?
They renamed it, "Episode IV: A New Hope," because at the time, it was just called "Star Wars" and he wasn't sure of a sequel. When he realized "The Empire Strikes Back" was actually going into production, he prompted fixed the first films title as it appears today.

As for Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith, it is going to be released May 25th, 2005 as I recall, the same day the original Star Wars came out in 1977. wink

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70054
09/21/04 03:57 PM
09/21/04 03:57 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Ok they are using this Hayden Christensen guy for the ghost scene correct? Does this mean he will be playing Anikan in episode III? Why not keep the guy they used in episode II?

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70055
09/21/04 03:59 PM
09/21/04 03:59 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Did anyone get it yet? How do yoyu like it?

You talkin' to me?
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70056
09/21/04 04:06 PM
09/21/04 04:06 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Ok they are using this Hayden Christensen guy for the ghost scene correct? Does this mean he will be playing Anikan in episode III? Why not keep the guy they used in episode II?
Hayden Christiensen played Anakin Skywalker in Episode II. This is when Anakin was on the "light side" of the force.

Consequently, for contunuities sake, when Vader dies and his force ghost appears, it makes sense that he is resolved to the point when he was on the side of the light, as he was redeemed by destroying the emperor.

Supposedly on the DVD commentary, Lucas goes into detail, and also dedicates part of the bonus disc to explaining the change.

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70057
09/21/04 04:09 PM
09/21/04 04:09 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Why not keep the guy they used in episode II?
They are. On the Trilogy DVD bonus disc, there is supposed Epi III sneak peeks...

for now, enjoy this pic I found on Google... wink

[Linked Image]

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70058
09/21/04 04:23 PM
09/21/04 04:23 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Double-J, are you buying the dvd today? I am gonna ask my dad for the money. Wish me luck. tongue

You talkin' to me?
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70059
09/21/04 04:31 PM
09/21/04 04:31 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally posted by Double-J:
[b]Why not keep the guy they used in episode II?
They are. On the Trilogy DVD bonus disc, there is supposed Epi III sneak peeks...

for now, enjoy this pic I found on Google... wink

[Linked Image] [/b]
Ok call me stupid but that pic of him in the ghost scene doesn't look like him in episode II. I guess that's what the dark side of the force does to a person.

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70060
09/21/04 07:03 PM
09/21/04 07:03 PM
Connecticut
Don Lights Offline
Underboss
Don Lights  Offline
Underboss
Connecticut
I really want to get the DVD set now, but I don't have my car, as my father needs my car since his is in the shop. I can't get to the bank to withdraw money and I can't get a ride to circuit city. I really want this dvd set.

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70061
09/21/04 09:09 PM
09/21/04 09:09 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

I'm not getting it *today*. I pre-ordered from Amazon.com, because they had the lowest price anyplace I saw, and I checked all the local stores.

Hopefully it will ship sometime tonight or tomorrow, and then by this weekend.

Unfortunately, I've got no less than two exams coming up next week, so I won't be watching them until probably NEXT weekend. I've waited this long, so...

Don't worry though, I'll post my review when I watch them...I'll go disc by disc too.

Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70062
09/21/04 09:16 PM
09/21/04 09:16 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I saw it today at Wal-Mart for about $48 I think, can't even remember anymore, and figured I could get a better deal elsewhere.

Amazon has it for $41.99 which is pretty good. My other favorite (and often the cheapest site online), DeepDiscountDVD.com, has it for about the same, $41.88 -- both Amazon and DDDVD have free shipping. Wal-Mart.com has it for $41.88 but they charge $6 for shipping.

Anyone try a local Best Buy or Target or anything yet?

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: A DVD from a galaxy far, far away... #70063
09/21/04 09:20 PM
09/21/04 09:20 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
PS If any of you want me to keep talking to you, do not get the lameass Full Screen version in the gold box. The Widescreen version is in the silver box.

I never buy Full Screen versions (given the choice), but have twice: 1) Scarface, just to be complete and 2) Jurassic Park (by accident).

However, if you have a small TV, I'll forgive you. This once.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull