GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 189 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,967
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,348
Posts1,059,043
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush #906412
02/09/17 12:48 PM
02/09/17 12:48 PM
G
guero Offline OP
Wiseguy
guero  Offline OP
G
Wiseguy
I'm a first time poster, long-time lurker so here goes nothing:

In a handwritten letter to Mexican journalist, Ciro Gomez Leyva, the sons of El Chapo Guzman have accused Damaso "El Liciendo" Lopez and his son "El Mini Lic" of trying to kill them.

In the letter, Ivan Archivaldo Guzman Loera and his brother Jesus Alfredo Guzman Salazar, detail the ambush in which they and El Mayo Zambada were attacked by the people of Damaso Lopez.

At some point last Saturday, February 7th, the Guzman family, or Los Chapitos, as they are commonly referred, convened for a clandestine meeting with Mayo Zambada and Damaso Lopez Sr to discuss allegations that Damaso had ordered Los Chapitos kidnapping at La Leche in Puerto Vallarta last year.

When Damasos people didn't show the security teams for both the Guzman family and El Mayo started to worry. Seconds later, the group is ambushed, the bodyguards for Los Chapitos are killed, and El Mayo and Los Chapitos flee. Along their route of escape, they are relentlessly pursued and shot at by the people of Damaso Lopez.

According to DailyMail, "Guzman's lawyer Jose Refugio confirmed to local media the letter came from the sons," so this has been verified more than once now.

For those who don't know, Damaso Lopez Serrano was a close confident of El Chapo for years. In fact, Damaso was the Warden of Puente Grande prison when El Chapo escaped in a laundry cart in 2001. After the escape, Damaso worked his way up in the Sinaloa Cartel, eventually coming to lead an El Dorado based faction known as Los Damasos.

Los Damasos have been fighting with Los Chapitos since Damaso Lopez Sr. tried to partner with Cesar Carillo, brother of the famous Amado Carillo Fuentes, the Lord of the Skies earlier this year. With the extradition of El Chapo to the United States, it is likely that Damaso now feels emboldened and has decided to strike first to wrest control of the cartel from El Mayo and the children of El Chapo.

Stay tuned for more info...

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906418
02/09/17 02:41 PM
02/09/17 02:41 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Same thing for scarfo jr ambush in 1989. After el Chapo was extradated nobody will respect his son and for sure el Chapo jr will be kill soon or later.

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906421
02/09/17 03:22 PM
02/09/17 03:22 PM
G
guero Offline OP
Wiseguy
guero  Offline OP
G
Wiseguy
Agreed Furio. From my understanding, the feeling is Chapos son's haven't put the work in. For instance, Damaso used to be a Federal Police Officer, so he knows the ins and outs of the game from top to bottom.

Chapo's kids definitely have some serious muscle behind them though.

Someone rolled into Villa Juarez in pickup trucks with a 50 caliber browning on the back, so there's going to be some serious fighting in the days to come. I just hope Culiacan doesn't turn into Ciudad Juarez a few years ago where they had 10,000 murders in a year or something crazy...

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906422
02/09/17 03:29 PM
02/09/17 03:29 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Does he expect sympathy ??

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906446
02/09/17 05:58 PM
02/09/17 05:58 PM
C
Chicken713 Offline
Made Member
Chicken713  Offline
C
Made Member
Originally Posted By: guero
Agreed Furio. From my understanding, the feeling is Chapos son's haven't put the work in. For instance, Damaso used to be a Federal Police Officer, so he knows the ins and outs of the game from top to bottom.

Someone rolled into Villa Juarez in pickup trucks with a 50 caliber browning on the back, so there's going to be some serious fighting in the days to come. I just hope Culiacan doesn't turn into Ciudad Juarez a few years ago where they had 10,000 murders in a year or something crazy...

Video of that 50 cal

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906487
02/10/17 11:45 AM
02/10/17 11:45 AM
G
guero Offline OP
Wiseguy
guero  Offline OP
G
Wiseguy
Damaso Jr, El Mini Lic, just posted a video on Instagram of the military killing, El H2, the head of the Beltran-Lleya cartel last night in Nayarit.

A lot of confusion at the moment.

The story goes that a while before he was recaptured El Chapo split the retail drug sales in Mazatlan between Chapitos and Damasos.

After El Chapo gets locked up again Damaso Sr. partners with Cesar Carillo, which infuriates Los Chapitos. So Los Chapitos allegedly recruit H2 and H9 tried to move on Damasos in Mazatlan, hence the murders a while back.

Here's a link to the video:

Video of the death of H2

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: Chicken713] #906528
02/10/17 07:11 PM
02/10/17 07:11 PM
S
SmearyGoose1768 Offline
Made Member
SmearyGoose1768  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Chicken713
Originally Posted By: guero

Video of that 50 cal

Crazy video, here is the embed version:

Is the video being captured by the sicarios themselves in one of those armored vehicles? It seems like.

Last edited by SmearyGoose1768; 02/10/17 07:18 PM.
Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906529
02/10/17 07:17 PM
02/10/17 07:17 PM
S
SmearyGoose1768 Offline
Made Member
SmearyGoose1768  Offline
S
Made Member
Here is the convoy that participated in the shootout between Damaso and Chapo sons.

Photo taken of sicarios behind a truck that participated in the shootout and part of the convoy:

Aftermath pictures of the shootout:

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: furio_from_naples] #906532
02/10/17 07:36 PM
02/10/17 07:36 PM
S
SmearyGoose1768 Offline
Made Member
SmearyGoose1768  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Same thing for scarfo jr ambush in 1989. After el Chapo was extradated nobody will respect his son and for sure el Chapo jr will be kill soon or later.

More info no the cause of the infighting:

The war for local-drug trafficking has started in Sinaloa between Ivan and Alfredo Guzman against Damaso and his soon "Mini Lic" Lopez.

Everything started in Navolato, Sinaloa, where after the arrest of "El Chapo" Guzman in Mazatlan, Damaso made an alliance with Cesar Carrillo, brother of the "Señor de los Cielos" and enemy of "Chapo" Guzman. 

Ivan and Alfredo were not very happy with the alliance, however after several meetings, Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada convince them that all types of "peace making deals" were good.

Even with the new alliance, smalls clashes were still ongoing. A few months later after the last capture of "El Chapo", he had already divided the local drug sale  Plaza in Mazatlan between his sons and his Compadre Damaso Lopez El Lic, then the sons of "El Chapo" made a truce with H-9 and H-2, of the Plaza of Nayarit, who are native of Mazatlan and who in the last months have been gaining ground with an alliance with Rene de la Cruz and Chonecas del aval.

Narco manta left in Mazatlán by H9 and H2, it says: ""Soldiers of cardbox you will pay the 2 deads, soldier, minucipal cop and ministerial officer who ventures into my terrains. atte. Choneacas h9 h2 NICO"

According to Damaso, the truce between the sons of El Chapo and H-9 and H-2, consisted in "fucking him over", however the old wolf  Damaso hold his laugh. His Compadre Guzman was already detained, why he shouldn't attack the inexperience sons of his Compadre who were doing things wrong?

He was detained, yes, but in Mexico a lot of his friends and enemies wanted to kill "El Chapo's" sons, however Damaso didn't do anything to them because he was scared of his Compadre, who was powerful free or incarcerated in Mexico, but everything changed when he was extradited .

El "Chapo" Guzman does not represent anything anymore. The Mafia perceives him as a dead man in the United States and the moment that Damaso has been waiting has arrived and he exploded like a bomb.

In the "drug houses" of Culiacan, for example in Colonia Libertad, Wisaches, Toledo, and others... the armed clashes had already being ongoing for 4 days, with 3 strong firefights reported, and two Mexican marines have been killed in action. One strong firefight in Imala were 6 Mexican marines were killed, another firefight in Colonia Villas del Real were 4 Marines died and 5 civilians were executed, also 15 "levantados (kidnapped)", 4 of them were kidnapped after leaving the Serie del Caribe (baseball tournament un Culiacan).... 18 dead bodies have been found and a lot of disappearances. 

It is rumored that among the disappeared people, "El Javi" personnel of Damaso Lopez is included. This is just the beginning. We will share more information in the following days

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906544
02/11/17 01:27 AM
02/11/17 01:27 AM
S
SmearyGoose1768 Offline
Made Member
SmearyGoose1768  Offline
S
Made Member
The Death of H2:

During Friday afternoon, Federal Forces made available to the public the scene were criminals liderated by Francisco Patron Sanchez engage in an armed battle against Federal Forces of the city of Tepic, Nayarit.

Members of the Army, Marines and Federal Police were able to anihilate the criminals after two firefights, and "El H2" was also exterminated.

Currently there is a temporary climate of tranquility in the capital state of Sinaloa, and people believe that it will remain in that manner due to the fall of "El H2".

During this afternoon, authoritites reponsible for the invesstigations made their way into the house were 12 criminals were executed, and the place could be easily confused for a war zone

The walls of the house have thoursands of holes due to the bullets, and the blood of the criminals lies all over the floor.

The vehicles that the Beltran Leyva criminals were using, were to tally destroyed, due to the actions of an Apache helicopter that was utilized during the firefight, because the drug traffickers were heavily armed.

Last edited by SmearyGoose1768; 02/11/17 01:37 AM.
Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906550
02/11/17 05:38 AM
02/11/17 05:38 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Why do I feel like El Mayo Zambada is smiling to himself, and waiting for these two sides to destroy each other, while he really runs everything?

Edit; Nevermind, they are the ones who barely escaped with their lives....

Looks like Canada won't be the only ongoing bloodbath.....

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 02/11/17 06:18 AM.
Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906553
02/11/17 07:43 AM
02/11/17 07:43 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Smeary

This goes to something I read about a while ago now, the fracturing and "Balkanization" of the cartels.

It's why I keep asking are the Zetas still a cartel. I had read that it went from like seven major cartels to like 22 or so " micro-cartels" that were more regional/local than intercontinental/international.

How does this infighting affect their transport capabilities? Or does it at all?

How does this affect the balance of power between Sinaloa and New Jalisco?

(For example, I thought New Jalisco ran the local trade, and simply didn't have the capabilities to compete with Sinaloa on an international level as far as moving large narcotics loads,, )
To me it also highlights a decline. Sinaloas power was always moving large drug lots, export basically. Are they losing ground internationally to the Calabrians as far as coke? Is this what has them realigning their focus to the local market?Or are they firmly embedded in the production zones in Colombia, to the point where they are the primary suppliers regardless?

Is this why they have been focusing on setting up retail heroin operations in NY, the Bronx and Buffalo?

All this stuff connects to me, when I see Hollander post about 8 tons seized in Colombia, is it Colombians controlling that, or is it like Sinaloan Mexicans?

It makes me think it's Colombians, because of the Sinaloans were moving 8 tons, to Europe, they wouldn't give a fuck about the local market.

Ive had the feeling for a while now that the Carribean route is making a big comeback, and that spells trouble for the Cartels in Mexico....

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 02/11/17 07:45 AM.
Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: CabriniGreen] #906559
02/11/17 09:17 AM
02/11/17 09:17 AM
G
guero Offline OP
Wiseguy
guero  Offline OP
G
Wiseguy
Very astute, Cabrini. The Balkanization of the Zetas and Cartel deal Golfo is part of the reason why I will likely never visit northeastern Mexico. The same thing also happened in Michoacan where CJNG quickly got into the vigilante "autodefensas" movement when they created the H3, from formers members of La Familia Michoacan and Los Caballeros Templarios members.

So how does this affect the movement of drugs. It looks like Mini Lic is in Badiriguato the territory of El Chapo and El Mayo posting pictures of weed and a bed with money stuffed in it. It's likely the spoils of war, meaning it probably belonged to Los Chapitos until he rolled into town.

I was confused by all this at first, but Mini Lic is really gunning for Los Chapitos. I believe a lot of people thousands in Cualican are friends and have partied with both groups together for years. It's kind of like when one of your boys turns on another one of your friends and your stuck in between. What that means is that a lot of people probably are afraid to move a finger, let alone a kilo, for either side, for fear they will be a target.

Look at that video of them chasing the plane down, would you want to be a pilot in La Sierra right now with these guys rampaging around the mountains?

Sinaloa has always had a lot of tunnels though, so it is likely that they have huge stashes of product just sitting in warehouses in Arizona and So. Cal right now.

One question I have is in regards to Mini Lic's Twitter info he calls himself "Nueva Generacion" Mini Lic. There is talk Mini Lic fed info to El Mochomito and El Mencho the head of the Cartel Jaliso Nueva Generacion when Chapos kids were kidnapped back in August.

If Mini Lic and Damaso really have partnered with CJNG that is huge and we are witnessing the birth of a super cartel.

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906560
02/11/17 09:20 AM
02/11/17 09:20 AM
G
guero Offline OP
Wiseguy
guero  Offline OP
G
Wiseguy
H9 killed in Tepic last night.

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906566
02/11/17 12:42 PM
02/11/17 12:42 PM
S
SmearyGoose1768 Offline
Made Member
SmearyGoose1768  Offline
S
Made Member
Cabrini, retail sales have always been a big moneymaker for the cartels and it is what fuels the violence in Mexico the narco polotics and changes of alliances is what causes the violence obviously government informants play a big role in the division of the cartels. Despite all this there are still a few cartels that control most of the drug trafficking out of Mexico into the U.S. starting with Sinaloa that imports and distributes about 60 percent of drugs into the U.S not to mention South America, Australia, parts of Europe and Asia. The next big exporter is Jalisco Nueva Generation and so on. My point beign is that most of these 22 "mini" cartels don't have the distribution networks in the U S to export drugs here so it's still the 7 major cartels that control the export of drugs into the U.S and some cases other territories(other countries besides the U.S). A lot of these solinter groups are splinter from splinter groups like in Guerrero where there are 4-5 groups all fighti g for local drug trade. Now the Zetas have splinterred in a major way, there are about 3 Zetas organizations now:CDN(Cartel del Noreste) which is basically the Zetas loyal to Trevino or Z40 and his brother Z42, then there is Zetas Vieja Escuela which is made up on bosses that either betrayed by the Trevino brothers or think they were then there is Cartel Zeta which is a splinter group from Zetas Vieja Escuela. I think CDN, the Zetas loyal to the Trevino brothers are the strongest Zeta group and export drugs to the U.S. Also I think people are underestimating the local drug market in Mexico. Now let's not simplify and say the Mexican cartels are "balkanizing", there are changing in alliances and such that sometimes these splinter groups rise in power, territories and control of drug trafficking such as Jalisco Nueva Generation. Their rise in revelency in international drug trafficking has been astanoshing.

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906592
02/12/17 04:51 AM
02/12/17 04:51 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@ Smeary @guero

GoodPost guys.....

That clarifies some things for me. The thing on Sinaloa with the tunnels, I figure they still have massive capabilities of getting narcotics here, I just figured, looking at the writing on the wall with the border/immigration politics being at the forefront at the moment, it would be more expensive. And if they are already fighting an expensive, costly war, AND already have lost an invaluable revenue stream from the local retail trade, on top of this they seem to be losing the propaganda war, which in Mexico is VERY IMPORTANT. ( at least, it seems so, as far as getting the population to " believe" in the superiority of your criminal brand)

I'm not sure if Mexico controls the Caribbean route, the long time prevalence and success of Dominican traffickers on the NorthEast led me to believe they didn't. I feel like recent indictments, sort of back this up, you see huge heroin bust in NY, with cartel heroin, but no coke, likely cause the Dominicans have it sewn up. What I've been wondering is, is it STILL COLOMBIANS SUPPLYING THE DOMINICANS, or is it Mexicans?

Same with the Calabrians. I keep wondering where their coke comes from, like the recent bust Hollander posted about, the 8 tons inColombia. Is it Colombians or Mexicans in charge?

I find the European thing VERY INTERESTING. I gotta ask you, IS THAT ACTUALLY CORRECT? Do Mexican cartels supply Europe? Like, are they sending all that coke into the Netherlands? The reason I ask is that the Calabrians seem to be just as embedded in South America just as much as Mexicans,so where do the Calabrians end and the Mexicans begin? I can't understand how that works. Are you sure they have that reach, I'm not sure they do actually.....

And I do get your point about Narco-politics. It's one of my long running themes of the board. I keep making the point that ALL of the violence in Canada, stems from Narco -politics, the shifting alliances and all that. And it all looks a lot like this, with the family blood relatives in control, almost always, even if the ties go back 30-40-50 years. Long established relationships.

How does New Jalisco fit into the international supply scene? Are they allied with Italians? Or do they have direct agents in Europe directing wholesale operations? Like say, the Netherlands, or Spain? I was under the impression Colombians took over the West African route, really the whole European trade.

Any info would be appreciated fellas...

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: CabriniGreen] #906619
02/12/17 01:57 PM
02/12/17 01:57 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen

All this stuff connects to me, when I see Hollander post about 8 tons seized in Colombia, is it Colombians controlling that, or is it like Sinaloan Mexicans?

It makes me think it's Colombians, because of the Sinaloans were moving 8 tons, to Europe, they wouldn't give a fuck about the local market.

Ive had the feeling for a while now that the Carribean route is making a big comeback, and that spells trouble for the Cartels in Mexico....

About the Colombians the cartels are taking over ex-FARC coca producing areas.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/feb/12/colombian-drug-cartels-take-over-ex-reb/?f=news

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: CabriniGreen] #906620
02/12/17 02:04 PM
02/12/17 02:04 PM
S
SmearyGoose1768 Offline
Made Member
SmearyGoose1768  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@ Smeary @guero

GoodPost guys.....

That clarifies some things for me. The thing on Sinaloa with the tunnels, I figure they still have massive capabilities of getting narcotics here, I just figured, looking at the writing on the wall with the border/immigration politics being at the forefront at the moment, it would be more expensive. And if they are already fighting an expensive, costly war, AND already have lost an invaluable revenue stream from the local retail trade, on top of this they seem to be losing the propaganda war, which in Mexico is VERY IMPORTANT. ( at least, it seems so, as far as getting the population to " believe" in the superiority of your criminal brand)

I'm not sure if Mexico controls the Caribbean route, the long time prevalence and success of Dominican traffickers on the NorthEast led me to believe they didn't. I feel like recent indictments, sort of back this up, you see huge heroin bust in NY, with cartel heroin, but no coke, likely cause the Dominicans have it sewn up. What I've been wondering is, is it STILL COLOMBIANS SUPPLYING THE DOMINICANS, or is it Mexicans?

Same with the Calabrians. I keep wondering where their coke comes from, like the recent bust Hollander posted about, the 8 tons inColombia. Is it Colombians or Mexicans in charge?

I find the European thing VERY INTERESTING. I gotta ask you, IS THAT ACTUALLY CORRECT? Do Mexican cartels supply Europe? Like, are they sending all that coke into the Netherlands? The reason I ask is that the Calabrians seem to be just as embedded in South America just as much as Mexicans,so where do the Calabrians end and the Mexicans begin? I can't understand how that works. Are you sure they have that reach, I'm not sure they do actually.....

And I do get your point about Narco-politics. It's one of my long running themes of the board. I keep making the point that ALL of the violence in Canada, stems from Narco -politics, the shifting alliances and all that. And it all looks a lot like this, with the family blood relatives in control, almost always, even if the ties go back 30-40-50 years. Long established relationships.

How does New Jalisco fit into the international supply scene? Are they allied with Italians? Or do they have direct agents in Europe directing wholesale operations? Like say, the Netherlands, or Spain? I was under the impression Colombians took over the West African route, really the whole European trade.

Any info would be appreciated fellas...

I don't think the Calabrians are as embedded in Colombia and South America as the Sinaloa Cartel. The Sinalao cartel controls 35% of all cocaine exports from Colombia while having a heavy presence in Peru and Bolivia. When I said parts of Europe I meant southern Europe mainly Spain where the Sinaloa has tried to establish itself there. A high ranking Sinaloa Cartel manager Chino Antrax was arrested in Spain a while back meaning they are either have established themselves there competing directly with the Colombian traffickers. I don't think the Calabrians control any of the drug trafficking routes from Colombia, they just have business contacts in the country. The Colombians are the ones trafficking the cocaine through Africa into Europe. The Calabrians just distribute it into Europe. The Sinaloa Cartel has also been manufacturing meth in Southern Asia mainly Singapore and Malayasia.

Last edited by SmearyGoose1768; 02/12/17 02:13 PM.
Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906655
02/13/17 03:08 AM
02/13/17 03:08 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I know retail sales have always been there, but moving large loads to the US market is what makes the cartels the CARTELS. If they coulda became what they did without ever leaving Mexico, they never would have. The US market wouldn't be so important. Hell, guys like Escobar and Chapo would NEVER fear extradition, as there would be no need. This is why I knew there was something going on with Sinaloa with the retail operations in NY. It's a sign of desperation, kinda if you think about it.

Retail drug sales on the streets, in the US has got to be the most risky link in the drug supply chain. Why is the organization with the capacity to REFINE, and ship coke all around the world bothering with this? Why would they need the revenue so bad? And why set up shop all the way in the US, ALL THE WAY IN NY, not LA, when there is a local market in Mexico? Or Brazil, the worlds third largest cocaine market? Or the emerging market inArgentina, ( Hint, lots of Italians there) And why only heroin, and not cocaine? ( Another hint, they CONTROL heroin production in Sinaloa state, also fentanyl...) Hell, frankly, I don't know why not Chicago, it's the main distribution hub, with a huge Hispanic gang population. (. The Buffalo operation had mostly black distributors..) But the situation in the street is more intense than NY, I'm guessing....

It's interesting that they set up shop in NY, and then we hear about them having difficulties controlling the local markets/plazas.

I'm not certain enough to completely disagree, but I do think the Italians in general are VERY entrenched in South America. See this is why the BORDER is so important to the cartels, cause they NEED the American market. It's also the foundation of their leverage with Colombia, their power. The Italians have been in the international game for a long time. Salvatore Mancuso was a LEADER of a Colombian paramilitary group, and he was Calabrian. Strax posted a map that showed all the Italian families inSouth America. It was QUITE EXTENSIVE. They have a been there since the 70s at least.

But I do think you are right that it's the Colombians directing the European traffic. It's just TOO MUCH COKE. You would have to be the producer to be able to LOSE so much coke and still be in operation. But I do think the Calabrians DO control SOME routes, maybe not ALL of em. Also, they seem to be the most TRUSTED of all the criminal groups. Ive read that's they don't need to put down deposits for loads of coke, that this leverage is how they inserted themselves into the dominant position in Europe for distribution, ( as opposed to the Mexicans PHYSICALLY controlling the land border..)as there are many crime groups in Europe.

Smeary, what cartel do you think it was that was allied with the " Mom n Pop" gang in NY? The one based outta Costa Rica? Would that be New Jalisco? Or some remnant of the Zetas? Or Sinaloa?

Why haven't the cartels made a move into the Canadian market, or have they?

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 02/13/17 03:23 AM.
Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #906656
02/13/17 03:11 AM
02/13/17 03:11 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Another question, any developments on locally produced, Mexican cocaine? They seemed to be experimenting with acclimating strains of cocoa to the Mexican climate. This happens and, HOLY SHIT, GAME CHANGER....

Re: Sons of El Chapo Guzman injured in ambush [Re: guero] #1069290
09/16/23 08:44 AM
09/16/23 08:44 AM
GangstersInc Offline
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline
Underboss
Ovidio Guzman Lopez, son of “El Chapo” and Sinaloa Cartel boss, extradited to US where he will face the music https://gangstersinc.org/blog/ovidio-guzman-lopez-son-of-el-chapo-and-sinaloa-cartel-boss-extra

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull