GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,888
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,648
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Where is the 5 families modern "base". #900861
12/06/16 10:25 PM
12/06/16 10:25 PM
F
Flushing Offline OP
Capo
Flushing  Offline OP
F
Capo
Aside from general statements like "the suburbs", where does the 5 families operate. Consider that there are fewer than 5 real NYC Italian neighborhoods left. Consider that Howard Beach is just about finished after the fabric of that neighborhood was destroyed last summer. Consider that Ozone is not even remotely Italian except for Linden Boulevard. Woodhaven is Italian on about one lone block.

Whitestone, Bayside, Auburndale, Middle Village and Maspeth are all fading fast. Astoria is more greek than Italian, and more hipster than either. Bensonhurst is done.

What's left?

We've got North Jersey, especially the northern stretch of Bloomfield avenue, Caldwell, lodi, Rutherford, etc. Staten Island (though a heroin epidemic there threatens the future of that enclave), parts of yonkers, toms river, farmingdale, meachem avenue in Elmont, frankilin square, carle place, bellmore, seeaford, etc.

What else?

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: Flushing] #900866
12/06/16 11:07 PM
12/06/16 11:07 PM
Nyc
MrJustsayNo Offline
Capo
MrJustsayNo  Offline
Capo
Nyc
Still the same old traditional neighborhoods,You just have to know where to go,If your allowed in is another story ! They neighborhoods have changed but they are still there,Bars,restaurants,social clubs,cafes,underground clubs ! Some of the cafes and restaurants are insane,From outside you would never know,You go inside and there are rooms packed beyond belief,They'll be like 60-70 people in a backroom playing cards or congregating etc.Members ,friends only !!

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: Flushing] #900915
12/07/16 03:30 PM
12/07/16 03:30 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Flushing
Aside from general statements like "the suburbs", where does the 5 families operate. Consider that there are fewer than 5 real NYC Italian neighborhoods left. Consider that Howard Beach is just about finished after the fabric of that neighborhood was destroyed last summer. Consider that Ozone is not even remotely Italian except for Linden Boulevard. Woodhaven is Italian on about one lone block.

Whitestone, Bayside, Auburndale, Middle Village and Maspeth are all fading fast. Astoria is more greek than Italian, and more hipster than either. Bensonhurst is done.

What's left?

We've got North Jersey, especially the northern stretch of Bloomfield avenue, Caldwell, lodi, Rutherford, etc. Staten Island (though a heroin epidemic there threatens the future of that enclave), parts of yonkers, toms river, farmingdale, meachem avenue in Elmont, frankilin square, carle place, bellmore, seeaford, etc.

What else?

Why was the fabric of Howard Beach destroyed? Because of the murder of that jogger? Didn't know the impact was that big out there..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: Flushing] #900918
12/07/16 04:18 PM
12/07/16 04:18 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Good topic.

I feel like a lot of Bronx and lower Westchester now. I think a lot of West Side guys live around the New Rochelle area. White Plains area, too.

Also, seems like Rockland county still has a good amount of West Side activity. No idea which towns.

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: Flushing] #900919
12/07/16 04:21 PM
12/07/16 04:21 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Is Bensonhurst really done? Where do all of the Colombo guys operate?

Gravesend, Dyker Heights, maybe?

Park Slope is all gentrified now. A lot of Brooklyn is, as you know, Flushing. But those neighborhoods I listed seem a bit like throwbacks. I could be wrong here, but Brooklyn is still loaded with C's. They have to be posted up somewhere.

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: Flushing] #900992
12/08/16 01:57 PM
12/08/16 01:57 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Wish PB was around for this topic. He would know and his posts about demographics were always enlightening.

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: mightyhealthy] #900993
12/08/16 02:14 PM
12/08/16 02:14 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

Park Slope is all gentrified now. A lot of Brooklyn is, as you know, Flushing. But those neighborhoods I listed seem a bit like throwbacks. I could be wrong here, but Brooklyn is still loaded with C's. They have to be posted up somewhere.

I am from Brooklyn, flushing is in queens maybe they moved it here? smile

I will be in Howard Beach on Sunday. I will tell if the Italians and moved out of it smile

only the unloved hate
Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: Footreads] #901065
12/08/16 09:57 PM
12/08/16 09:57 PM
Nyc
MrJustsayNo Offline
Capo
MrJustsayNo  Offline
Capo
Nyc
HB is all good,I grew up there and OZP ,Been in Bensonhurst 4 years now ! Stop by the bakery in lindenwood shopping center Vinny asaro usually holds court there along w a few others and loads of the WANNABES,Cj's bar n lounge on Cross bay IS a regular Gambino spot along with Aldo's next door,and on 95th ave and 97th st OZP 2 blocks off 101 ave is a Social club/cafe, take a walk in order an espresso and ask if you could use the bathroom in the back,On any given day the backroom is packed to the rafters !

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: MrJustsayNo] #901073
12/08/16 11:01 PM
12/08/16 11:01 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: MrJustsayNo
Been in Bensonhurst 4 years now !

Are you chinese or russian?

Last edited by helenwheels; 12/08/16 11:02 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: Flushing] #901084
12/09/16 01:15 AM
12/09/16 01:15 AM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
So this may be a dumb question and if it is I do apologize but im a Philly guy...but since the Wiseguys moved outta BK and the Bronx largely, do you guys think they hold court in bars/restaurants in the more suburban Long Island/ North Jersey areas where they typically reside? ... i would think the days of the Gambinos for instance having regular meetings at restaurants in Dyker Heights or Bensonhurst would be dwindling simply because of gentrification but I have no clue... any insight?

Last edited by mikeyballs211; 12/09/16 01:15 AM.

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: helenwheels] #901104
12/09/16 11:14 AM
12/09/16 11:14 AM
Nyc
MrJustsayNo Offline
Capo
MrJustsayNo  Offline
Capo
Nyc
Lol,Neither ! 100% Sicilian

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: Footreads] #901110
12/09/16 11:54 AM
12/09/16 11:54 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

I am from Brooklyn, flushing is in queens maybe they moved it here? smile

I will be in Howard Beach on Sunday. I will tell if the Italians and moved out of it smile

I was addressing the user named Flushing, not saying that Flushing was in Brooklyn.

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: mikeyballs211] #901111
12/09/16 12:10 PM
12/09/16 12:10 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
So this may be a dumb question and if it is I do apologize but im a Philly guy...but since the Wiseguys moved outta BK and the Bronx largely, do you guys think they hold court in bars/restaurants in the more suburban Long Island/ North Jersey areas where they typically reside? ... i would think the days of the Gambinos for instance having regular meetings at restaurants in Dyker Heights or Bensonhurst would be dwindling simply because of gentrification but I have no clue... any insight?

It's not a dumb question.

Dyker isn't gentrified, mostly because it was always a fairly affluent area. Bensonhurst isn't gentrified either (not yet anyway), it's still working and lower class, it's just not Italian anymore.

There are still places they go in Brooklyn. Less than before, but Dyker and Bay Ridge still have some of the old hangouts. Staten Island has quite a few places where they gather. There are some spots in the 'burbs too. Buona Sera in Red Bank NJ is a generally good place to see wiseguys having dinner on Thursday nights, usually NY transplants now living in the area. Osteria in Marlboro sometimes. I don't know of any social clubs in this part of Jersey. That may be a city only kind of thing.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: helenwheels] #901143
12/09/16 04:04 PM
12/09/16 04:04 PM
Nyc
MrJustsayNo Offline
Capo
MrJustsayNo  Offline
Capo
Nyc
I'm Sicilian,And Bensonhurst still has tons of Italians,along with Dyker and Bay ridge ! There are Social clubs everywhere !! On the Ave I live on ,If you mean "(social Clubs)" as in the general meaning of the word there is 11 "Social Clubs" within 4 blocks of my residence ! But,If you mean places where they "SOCIALIZE" Forget it, There's cafe's, restaurants big and small and many other businesses where they congregate,It could be a number of places,Jewelry store,Butcher ,Pizza parlor,used car lot,Funeral parlor,Bars or,the number of non descript storefronts on side blocks or avenues with just a doorway and a window with the shades drawn ! Staten Island "Mob Island" as us locals call it is totally controlled,inhabited by Italians,Whites ! 99% of people would have absolutely no idea or clue if they were amongst "WISEGUYS" ! Even the Gang members today don't represent themselves like they did 10-20 years ago !! Ex:The way they dressed,spoke,colors ,signs,etc etc !! Don't people do "MOB TOURS" these days for a fee ?? Lmao,Now that is some funny shit ! Historic hangouts of THE MOB ! What a joke !!

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: mikeyballs211] #901145
12/09/16 04:16 PM
12/09/16 04:16 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

Areas like Glen Cove, and Manhasset, and other towns further out east on Long Island has a presence of Bonannos. Some of the guys who were pictured and mentioned in those articles about Joe Cammarano Jr. were Queens/LI based Bonannos, by based I mean where most of them currently reside. And I believe the pictures of the meeting Cammarano Jr had were taken in LI, I could be wrong though. There are a few social clubs in these areas, very few. And you simply don't see guys hanging out and holding court outside of bars/restaurants/social clubs anymore.

And while these mobsters moved out to LI, they don't live in Italian enclaves like they once did back in their days in the cities, these suburban areas in Long Island are also very mixed, there's a lot of "white" areas, but real WASP, American types, no blue collar Italians. But a mix of various caucasian types. So they can't sit out for that reason either, they'd stick out like a sore thumb.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/09/16 04:19 PM.
Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: Flushing] #901146
12/09/16 04:47 PM
12/09/16 04:47 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
The Colombos are still the most confineted family ?

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: MrJustsayNo] #901147
12/09/16 05:01 PM
12/09/16 05:01 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
I'm Sicilian,And Bensonhurst still has tons of Italians,along with Dyker and Bay ridge ! There are Social clubs everywhere !! On the Ave I live on ,If you mean "(social Clubs)" as in the general meaning of the word there is 11 "Social Clubs" within 4 blocks of my residence ! But,If you mean places where they "SOCIALIZE" Forget it, There's cafe's, restaurants big and small and many other businesses where they congregate,It could be a number of places,Jewelry store,Butcher ,Pizza parlor,used car lot,Funeral parlor,Bars or,the number of non descript storefronts on side blocks or avenues with just a doorway and a window with the shades drawn ! Staten Island "Mob Island" as us locals call it is totally controlled,inhabited by Italians,Whites ! 99% of people would have absolutely no idea or clue if they were amongst "WISEGUYS" ! Even the Gang members today don't represent themselves like they did 10-20 years ago !! Ex:The way they dressed,spoke,colors ,signs,etc etc !! Don't people do "MOB TOURS" these days for a fee ?? Lmao,Now that is some funny shit ! Historic hangouts of THE MOB ! What a joke !!

I was at Regina Pacis last week. Drove in the old neighborhood. Dyker is still Dyker . But Bensonhurst is much different than it was. Even 18th avenue has chinese signs outside most of the stores. It was fucking depressing. It looks like Sunset Park.

I dont know how old you are, but you can't seriously compare the way it is now to the way it was in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Ive also never heard anyone local refer to SI as mob island. Although we did always call the Verrazano the Guinea gangplank. And the north shore of si is definitely not inhabited by italians, and really never was, even 20-30 years ago. Just the south shore.

Im very curious as to where these 11 social clubs in a 4 block radius in bensonhurst are. Can you give a general location, avenue or cross street.

Last edited by helenwheels; 12/09/16 05:24 PM.

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: helenwheels] #901148
12/09/16 05:32 PM
12/09/16 05:32 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
agree H

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: bronx] #901153
12/09/16 05:42 PM
12/09/16 05:42 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: bronx
agree H

It was a bummer, Bronx. Even on 11th over near fiaccos (of course i had to go in and buy some stuff to bring home). It was so different.

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: Flushing] #901154
12/09/16 05:48 PM
12/09/16 05:48 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
H now i know you know food best sausage in bklyn..

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: helenwheels] #901155
12/09/16 05:55 PM
12/09/16 05:55 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: helenwheels

I was at Regina Pacis last week. Drove in the old neighborhood. Dyker is still Dyker . But Bensonhurst is much different than it was. Even 18th avenue has chinese signs outside most of the stores. It was fucking depressing. It looks like Sunset Park.

I dont know how old you are, but you can't seriously compare the way it is now to the way it was in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Ive also never heard anyone local refer to SI as mob island. Although we did always call the Verrazano the Guinea gangplank. And the north shore of si is definitely not inhabited by italians, and really never was, even 20-30 years ago. Just the south shore.

Im very curious as to where these 11 social clubs in a 4 block radius in bensonhurst are. Can you give a general location, avenue or cross street.

Pay no attention to "MrJustSayNo", he does nothing but post broken link after broken link and claims long defunct families (according to LE) as still being factors today. If you ask him, whether it's Cleveland, Ybor City, or Kansas, there's "LOADS OF ITALIANS!!" in all these places and they all still aspire to be nothing more than mobsters.

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: Flushing] #901156
12/09/16 05:56 PM
12/09/16 05:56 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
did you go to coluccio bros

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: bronx] #901158
12/09/16 06:00 PM
12/09/16 06:00 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
did you go to coluccio bros

On 60th? No, but i probably should have smile

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: SinatraClub] #901159
12/09/16 06:01 PM
12/09/16 06:01 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

Pay no attention to "MrJustSayNo", he does nothing but post broken link after broken link and claims long defunct families (according to LE) as still being factors today. If you ask him, whether it's Cleveland, Ybor City, or Kansas, there's "LOADS OF ITALIANS!!" in all these places and they all still aspire to be nothing more than mobsters.

Gotcha wink. Thanks SC.

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: helenwheels] #901161
12/09/16 06:12 PM
12/09/16 06:12 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
yes 60th..next time in..what state you in

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: bronx] #901162
12/09/16 06:21 PM
12/09/16 06:21 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

Jersey. Monmouth county. Its not bad. Theres a lot of brooklyn people here so you can get pretty good food and groceries, but not like home.

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: SinatraClub] #901167
12/09/16 06:47 PM
12/09/16 06:47 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

Areas like Glen Cove, and Manhasset, and other towns further out east on Long Island has a presence of Bonannos. Some of the guys who were pictured and mentioned in those articles about Joe Cammarano Jr. were Queens/LI based Bonannos, by based I mean where most of them currently reside. And I believe the pictures of the meeting Cammarano Jr had were taken in LI, I could be wrong though. There are a few social clubs in these areas, very few. And you simply don't see guys hanging out and holding court outside of bars/restaurants/social clubs anymore.

And while these mobsters moved out to LI, they don't live in Italian enclaves like they once did back in their days in the cities, these suburban areas in Long Island are also very mixed, there's a lot of "white" areas, but real WASP, American types, no blue collar Italians. But a mix of various caucasian types. So they can't sit out for that reason either, they'd stick out like a sore thumb.

The meeting you're referring to occurred in Staten Island, specifically at a restaurant called Bocelli. Many of these guys live in Long Island, but they seem to mainly operate/socialize in Brooklyn, Queens and SI.

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: helenwheels] #901183
12/09/16 08:41 PM
12/09/16 08:41 PM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia

Jersey. Monmouth county. Its not bad. Theres a lot of brooklyn people here so you can get pretty good food and groceries, but not like home.

where on 60th st is it HW?

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: SinatraClub] #901187
12/09/16 09:28 PM
12/09/16 09:28 PM
Nyc
MrJustsayNo Offline
Capo
MrJustsayNo  Offline
Capo
Nyc
Listen and PAY CLOSE ATTENTION !! I did not CLAIM anything about any single family, I just posted what I read !! Info that was on the internet !! If you read my many posts CORRECTLY as I post in the English language you would have gotten the point ! Yes,Bensonhurst has changed,Chinese etc ,BUT,There are Still lots of ITALIANS HERE !! and,you obviously left the neighborhood !! So why come back and cry about it and what happened to it ! I go to Cafe Sorrento,I live a block away ! OK,there is the democratic club on 17th and 78th st, The republican club on 17th between 78 and 79th,You have Aurora Cafe club next door on 17th and 79th,around the corner on New Utrecht between 78 and 79th is Louie's Club nondescript,Club Sportivo which is a very active Colombo spot on 75th off 18th ave, San Calogero on 76 and 18th, Petrocelli Club on 76th off New Utrecht ,Cafe/club Romeo on 20th ave and 80th and club San Siciliana castelvetrano on 17th between 79th and 80th,And the nondescript real estate marketing storefront which is a club on 80th between 17th and 18th ave ! There's many many more !

Re: Where is the 5 families modern "base". [Re: SinatraClub] #901188
12/09/16 09:42 PM
12/09/16 09:42 PM
Nyc
MrJustsayNo Offline
Capo
MrJustsayNo  Offline
Capo
Nyc
I never Posted about,CLEVELAND,YBOR CITY,OR THE STUFF YOU MENTIONED ! ITS OBVIOUS YOU ARE IGNORANT AND FULL OF SHIT,AND A STRAIGHT UP LIAR !! I JUST POSTED STUFF THAT IS DOCUMENTED AND ON THE INTERNET,YOU SHOULD REREAD MY POSTS AND THEN COME BACK WITH YOUR SELF IN ORDER AND YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT !!! @Sinatraclub

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull